TedTAce
Topic Author

Elton Thinks All Photographers Should Be Shot.....

Mon May 22, 2006 4:12 pm

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/060521/3/40zmd.html

I'll agree with him, as long as has-been musicians get shot first.
This space intentionally left blank

gunsontheroof

RE: Elton Thinks All Photographers Should Be Shot.....

Mon May 22, 2006 4:27 pm

Bad news for the photographers over at elton.net I guess...

Banco

Mon May 22, 2006 5:16 pm

When well-balanced, perceptive people like Elton John speak, the world listens...
She's as nervous as a very small nun at a penguin shoot.

TriStar500

Mon May 22, 2006 5:55 pm

Why is he biting the hand that fed him?
Homer: Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!

SInGAPORE_AIR

Mon May 22, 2006 6:29 pm

Quoting TriStar500 (Reply 3):

Because it was probably holding a penis
Anyone can fly, only the best Soar.

skidmarks

Mon May 22, 2006 6:30 pm

Man's a knob! Oversized, overpaid and over the hill wanker! Big grin Pardon my Manx!

Andy  old 
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional

Speedbirdie

Mon May 22, 2006 8:00 pm

On another Elton John note, did anyone see him on Paul O'Grady the other week? It airs at 5pm and he was on the sofa with 3 11 year olds who are in the show Billy Elliot. I could not beleive it when the word 'wanker' came out of his mouth and nothing was said.
I think Elton John should be shot if he comes out with that language in front of 11 year old kids and on Live TV at 5pm..
Never give up..

BCAL

Mon May 22, 2006 9:57 pm

Because he is well known for having hissy fits and "Queenie" dramas.

Personally I think Elton John is an overhyped, over-rated and has-been musician. As for the music he composed for Billy Elliot - The Musical, three words - tuneless, dull and instantly forgettable.

Quoting Speedbirdie (Reply 6):
It airs at 5pm and he was on the sofa with 3 11 year olds who are in the show Billy Elliot. I could not believe it when the word 'wanker' came out of his mouth and nothing was said.

Elton John obviously thought it was clever.
MOL on SRB's latest attack at BA: "It's like a little Chihuahua barking at a dying Labrador. Nobody cares."

halls120

Mon May 22, 2006 10:16 pm

Quoting TedTAce (Thread starter):
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/060521/3/40zmd.html

I'll agree with him, as long as has-been musicians get shot first.

Typical response of the "celebrity" class which depends on publicity to survive. I'll bet if no one was paying him any attention he'd be lot more pissed off.
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

deltagator

Mon May 22, 2006 10:41 pm

Because he is an over the hill, fat, double-chin wearing, queen and heaven forbid if someone see him photographed as is instead of airbrushed like a Playboy, excuse me, Playgirl centerfold.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

Banco

Mon May 22, 2006 11:31 pm

Quoting BCAL (Reply 7):
three words - tuneless, dull and instantly forgettable.

rotfl 

B777-700

Mon May 22, 2006 11:49 pm

"I guess that's why they call it a shoot..." Big grin That's funny on many levels, I don't care who you are!

Here's one photographer that thinks models who flake out on shoots should be shot!
If you don't chew Big Red, then @#$% you.

SlamClick

Tue May 23, 2006 12:05 am

Quoting Speedbirdie (Reply 6):
I could not beleive it when the word 'wanker' came out of his mouth and nothing was said.
I think Elton John should be shot if he comes out with that language in front of 11 year old kids and on Live TV at 5pm..

Can we assume the kids were Brits and therefore had a clue what the word 'wanker' actually means?

And a bit of perspective here: 11 year old boys are probably the world champion wankers and probably have the filthiest mouths on earth - at least among themselves.

That said, Elton is all of the things he's been called here, just for being Elton.
Happiness is not seeing another trite Ste. Maarten photo all week long.

GDB

Tue May 23, 2006 1:48 am

Not a fan, but he is sort of a national institution, if only for his hissy fits.

But who could really disagree with him at a music awards bash, he had to read out the winner of best live act;

Madonna? Best live act? FUCK OFF!
People who mime should be shot!
That's me off her fucking christmas card list!

However, fellow waspish camp pop tart, Boy George, is less impressed;
'Elton John? All that money and he's still got hair like a dinner-lady'.

JGPH1A

Tue May 23, 2006 1:54 am

Quoting GDB (Reply 13):
'Elton John? All that money and he's still got hair like a dinner-lady'.

rotfl  rotfl  rotfl 

Sad old hasbeen - tragic when the only decent piece of work you've turned out in 20 years was a Disney soundtrack, eh ?
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

Banco

Tue May 23, 2006 1:59 am

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 14):
tragic when the only decent piece of work you've turned out in 20 years was a Disney soundtrack, eh ?

Oh, I don't know. He managed to make the funeral of Princess Diana an occasion where the abiding memory is one of cringing embarrassment. How can you truly dislike someone who does such a thing?  Wink

JGPH1A

Tue May 23, 2006 2:03 am

Quoting Banco (Reply 15):
He managed to make the funeral of Princess Diana an occasion where the abiding memory is one of cringing embarrassment.

True, but how was that particular event ever NOT going to be a mawkish handwringing blub-fest ? He just added an unoriginal, uninspired, and embarrassing theme-song, which fortunately, the world has largely forgotten.
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

Banco

Tue May 23, 2006 2:26 am

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 16):
True, but how was that particular event ever NOT going to be a mawkish handwringing blub-fest ?

Of course, but he did manage the outstanding achievement of making all those people who pathetically blubbed at the death of someone they'd never met look back on the day with a mixture of shame and embarrassment at the sheer unedifying un-Britishness of it all. For that, I'll be everlastingly grateful, 'cos I bloody hated all of it....  grumpy 

SlamClick

Tue May 23, 2006 2:36 am

Quoting Banco (Reply 17):
back on the day with a mixture of shame and embarrassment at the sheer unedifying un-Britishness of it all.

Yes, I've long marveled at how the former princess had such an American funeral.

I always liked 'Goodbye Norma Jean' as a tribute to Marilyn, but wasn't Diana worthy of a song of her own? Couldn't someone who still had talent dash one off?

In fact it was sufficiently inappropriate and uninspired that we could start a whole thread of Diana-funeral-tribute-songs-to-the-tune-of... here. Make up your own lyrics, put them to popular songs.
Happiness is not seeing another trite Ste. Maarten photo all week long.

Banco

Tue May 23, 2006 2:46 am

Quoting SlamClick (Reply 18):
Yes, I've long marveled at how the former princess had such an American funeral.

Funnily enough, the whole "stiff upper lip" thing is a comparatively recent phenomenon. If you go back 200 years or so, European writers often remarked on this way the English tended to be overly-emotional and lachrymose. By all accounts, Nelson's funeral was every bit as hysterical as Diana's. Maybe we forgot and America just carried on in the same manner. That's happened in a lot of other ways that are often viewed as American rather than British these days.

deltagator

Tue May 23, 2006 2:52 am

Quoting SlamClick (Reply 18):
In fact it was sufficiently inappropriate and uninspired that we could start a whole thread of Diana-funeral-tribute-songs-to-the-tune-of... here. Make up your own lyrics, put them to popular songs.

I'm thinking of "Drunk Divorced Floozie" from Mojo Nixon and the Toadliquors since it was written about her.  stirthepot 
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

AerospaceFan

Tue May 23, 2006 3:00 am

I think of Elton John as a slightly darker version of Michael Jackson, judging from complexion alone.

I.e., I don't give a cr*p what happens to either.
What's fair is fair.

christeljs

Tue May 23, 2006 4:31 am

Quoting Singapore_Air (Reply 4):
Because it was probably holding a penis

shhh 
Christel A Photography