MaverickM11
Topic Author

Madonna Confessions Tour

Tue May 23, 2006 4:29 am

Madonna's Confessions tour kicked off last night (5/21) and it looks pretty hot. Anybody going/gone? I was thinking of skipping this one since I went to the last two four times but after seeing the pictures, I think I'm going to have to fork over my first born to get a seat.
E pur si muove -Galileo

TedTAce

RE: Madonna Confessions Tour

Tue May 23, 2006 5:02 am

If she's still touring (and exciting to watch) in about 6 years, I'll think about it.. but right now.. I got a wife, two kids, and 4 years of college in front of me.
This space intentionally left blank

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Tue May 23, 2006 5:11 am

C'mon Madge...*this* is a little silly:

http://www.madonnalicious.com/images/2006ct/theforum_210506_michael18.jpg
E pur si muove -Galileo

TedTAce

Tue May 23, 2006 5:16 am

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 2):

I thought it was Esther???
This space intentionally left blank

FOMEA

Tue May 23, 2006 5:34 am

Madonna is skipping Detroit off her tour Again, Therefore i am skipping her too..so are lots of friends here in the Detroit Metro area who are huge fans and refuse to go see her anywhere outside of Michigan.
Owell,
Ran into this article earlier.

Hmm..

During one of her half-dozen costume changes, another video montage juxtaposed images of Bush, members of his administration and British Prime Minister Tony Blair with footage of Adolf Hitler, Osama bin Laden, and Zimbabwe President Robert Mugabe. Midway through the new song "I Love New York," she deviated from the script and made a crude reference to Bush and oral sex.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060522/od_nm/leisure_madonna_odd_dc_1

Regards
F-OMEA.
On the internet you can be anything you want..its strange so many choose to be Stupid.

slider

Tue May 23, 2006 5:46 am

Quoting MaverickM11 (Thread starter):
Madonna's Confessions tour kicked off last night (5/21) and it looks pretty hot.

Hot, as in slutty, deviant and crass? Yup.

Quote:
The meticulously choreographed Vegas-style routine began 50 minutes late when a giant mirror ball was lowered from the ceiling to the end of a catwalk stretching deep into the floor. Out popped Madonna, in S&M-styled riding gear and whip, singing the new tune "Future Lovers" as four bare-breasted male dancers writhed around with ball gags in their mouths.

MADONNA, HITLER & BUSH

Later on, she donned a crown of thorns and suspended herself from a giant mirrored cross to deliver the ballad "Live to Tell." Video screens showed images of third-world poverty and reeled off grim statistics.

During one of her half-dozen costume changes, another video montage juxtaposed images of Bush, members of his administration and British Prime Minister Tony Blair with footage of Adolf Hitler, Osama bin Laden, and Zimbabwe President Robert Mugabe. Midway through the new song "I Love New York," she deviated from the script and made a crude reference to Bush and oral sex.

A disco segment near the end, where she dressed in a "Saturday Night Fever"-style white suit to perform "Music" thrilled the crowd, as did the "Like a Virgin" routine, when she climbed aboard a carousel-style black leather saddle.

There was no encore, and the lights came up as soon as she had completed a medley of "Lucky Star" and latest hit single "Hung Up" while sporting an illuminated white cape with "Dancing Queen" embroidered on the back.

"And so the empire fell from within...whilst those in the halls of power and influence danced and sang."

TWFirst

Tue May 23, 2006 5:55 am

Quoting Slider (Reply 5):
Hot, as in slutty, deviant and crass? Yup.

And a brilliant marketer and performer... and able to charge exhorbitant ticket prices 25 years into her non-stop career. God she's fabulous!

"Ring ring ring goes the telephone... the lights are on, but there's no one home."
An unexamined life isn't worth living.

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Tue May 23, 2006 5:58 am

Quoting Slider (Reply 5):
"And so the empire fell from within...whilst those in the halls of power and influence danced and sang."

Please...if I cared about artists' political beliefs I'd have to dump my entire pinko-communist music collection  Silly.
E pur si muove -Galileo

slider

Tue May 23, 2006 6:06 am

Quoting TWFirst (Reply 6):
And a brilliant marketer and performer... and able to charge exhorbitant ticket prices 25 years into her non-stop career. God she's fabulous!

Yes, never underestimate the depths of our decadent pop culture to swallow more garbage.

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 7):
Please...if I cared about artists' political beliefs I'd have to dump my entire pinko-communist music collection

Nothing to do with her political beliefs actually.

jaysit

Tue May 23, 2006 10:03 am

Quoting Slider (Reply 8):
Yes, never underestimate the depths of our decadent pop culture to swallow more garbage.

Yes. But I'm sure you folks in Texas imbibe the best of high culture. No crass pop garbage for your holiness.

Vadge always entertains. And she's influenced pop culture all around the world - and continues to do so - pissing off her detractors to the point of spewing bile as seen in this thread.

And she still looks fab. A bit too muscular and stringy, but still fab. And even when Vadge is making a damned fool of herself (that British accent and the whole fox hunt thing), she's still making news.

Like Ms Tina Turner, Vadge will still be dancing around at age 65 and folks will still be paying big bucks to see her strut her stuff.
Atheism is Myth Understood.

LHMark

Tue May 23, 2006 10:07 am

Quoting Jaysit (Reply 9):
Yes. But I'm sure you folks in Texas imbibe the best of high culture. No crass pop garbage for your holiness.

That is, when they're not out lambasting the Dixie Chicks.
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

fumanchewd

Tue May 23, 2006 10:25 am

My girlfriend bought two tickets, but I refuse to go. I do like some of her songs but I don't like her.

In every one of her videos she's dancing with the teens and people in the barrio, cruising the nightclubs in a stretch limo, or dancing in the hood. But she's a fake. She could care less about any of these things and is just playing for the image and some $.

So what's making her leave her castle in the UK to come out and play with the plebians? My guess is that their 10 gardeners are asking for a raise.
In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey...

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Tue May 23, 2006 12:45 pm

Quoting Fumanchewd (Reply 11):
My girlfriend bought two tickets, but I refuse to go. I do like some of her songs but I don't like her.

I will go with your girlfriend. I'll pay for the ticket. I'll even tell your girlfriend she looks pretty.
E pur si muove -Galileo

fumanchewd

Tue May 23, 2006 1:00 pm

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 12):
I will go with your girlfriend. I'll pay for the ticket. I'll even tell your girlfriend she looks pretty.

Good luck, but she quit dating syphilitic midgets who ask to be nailed with a strap on after her last boyfriend. 

And I am proud to inform you sir....that I am all of the above, but not a midget.

[Edited 2006-05-23 06:01:41]

JOSEMEX

Tue May 23, 2006 1:44 pm

Quoting FOMEA (Reply 4):
she deviated from the script and made a crude reference to Bush and oral sex.

Yes, I'm sure she "deviated from the script" and it wasn't planned.

stlgph

Tue May 23, 2006 1:46 pm

I am catching this tour three times. After watching most of it downloaded from video feeds, this looks to be one hell of a show.

I'm going to two shows in Chicago next month (Happy Father's & Mother's Day, parents!) and as a surprise present, in all ironics, from my parents, I found out today that my cousin are flying out to Los Angeles on Wednesday for the show.

The set list...

Set list:
"Future Lovers"
"Get Together"
"Like A Virgin"
"Jump"
"Live to Tell"
"Forbidden Love"
"Issac"
"Sorry"
"Like It or Not"
"I Love New York"
"Ray of Light"
"Let It Will Be"
"Drowned World"
"Paradise (Not for Me)"
"Music"
"Erotica"
"La Isla Bonita"
"Lucky Star"
"Hung Up"

I am not surprised but still disappointed to see that "Holiday" has been left off the set list. I would have thought she would have included it at the very least to homage to Donna De Lory.

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 2):

who are you kidding? it's great!

So what's making her leave her castle in the UK to come out and play with the plebians?

she has always enjoyed live performances.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

QANTAS077

Tue May 23, 2006 2:13 pm

But she's a fake. She could care less about any of these things and is just playing for the image and some $.

how do you know? you ever had a conversation with her? she's ahead of her time, she knows how to read the market, she knows how to adapt and give people what they want. i've seen quite a few interviews with her, she seems like a straight up, don't mess with me kinda person who says what she means and means what she says.

i'd pay good money and then some to see her, to bad Michael Jackson didn't take a leaf out of her book.

fumanchewd

Tue May 23, 2006 3:31 pm

Quoting QANTAS077 (Reply 16):
how do you know? you ever had a conversation with her? she's ahead of her time, she knows how to read the market, she knows how to adapt and give people what they want.

I don't like people who put up a front, you know what I'm sayin. Vanilla Ice pretended that he was something that he wasn't and people don't respect him. Madonna pretends to be something that she isn't and people say that "she knows how to read the market, she knows how to adapt..." While my props go out to her, she has convinced you to go to the show. But I can't stand fakes, whether they are fake pointy bras or fake images.

Quoting Stlgph (Reply 15):
she has always enjoyed live performances.

She hasn't given too many perfomances lately, has she? Perhaps she has been completely absorbed in making quality and entertaining movies. I wonder when we will get to see them.

Brendan03

Tue May 23, 2006 3:38 pm

as much as I don't like her Kabballah stuff and what she's doing with the whole political stuff, I'd still love to see her live... I guess just to be able to say "I've seen Madge live"

but... She's not touring Australia again which really is ashame, I'm sure she could do atleast 4 sell out shows... in Melbourne alone
Coolier than thou.

jaysit

Tue May 23, 2006 4:21 pm

So what's making her leave her castle in the UK to come out and play with the plebians? My guess is that their 10 gardeners are asking for a raise.

Hello? Of course.
Why do you think commercial popstars go on tour? To make $$$ and promote an album. At least Madonna puts on a good show (albeit scripted to the last microsecond) and seems to enjoy herself.

fumanchewd

Tue May 23, 2006 6:12 pm

Quoting Jaysit (Reply 19):
At least Madonna puts on a good show (albeit scripted to the last microsecond) and seems to enjoy herself.

I agree with this point. Although I can't stand her, I wish that everyone who goes a good time. Just be careful, I see that she rolls with some pretty hard people in her videos. Wink

slider

Tue May 23, 2006 11:11 pm

You can never avoid posting in response to me, can you? Always have to take a shot. Such intelligence. I'm entitled to my opinion that Madonna sucks. She's a vile, nasty woman who is intentionally taking things over the top in order to keep her in the limelight. I loved her stuff in the 80s, but that's about where it ended.

Vadge always entertains. And she's influenced pop culture all around the world - and continues to do so - pissing off her detractors to the point of spewing bile as seen in this thread.

Great entertainer, no question. I respect at least her working at it and not mailing it in, but that's my minimum expectation for my entertainment.

Bile? No, just don't like her. Big grin

And the fake British accent was especially laughable. Is this broad for real?  Smile

VSlover

Tue May 23, 2006 11:25 pm

yeah, i'll be heading to see her in madison square garden. saw her last tour there as well, and it really is quite a show.

cant wait

stlgph

Wed May 24, 2006 12:42 am

Quoting Fumanchewd (Reply 17):
She hasn't given too many perfomances lately, has she?

She toured in 2001, 2004, and is now going at it again this summer. There is talk that this might be the first two leg tour that she will do with a second outing commencing in the spring or summer of next year.

She's got two young kids at home. Can't blame her for having some time off of the road.

Quoting Fumanchewd (Reply 17):
Perhaps she has been completely absorbed in making quality and entertaining movies.

In recent interviews she plans on staying out of films and concentrating on making albums.

jaysit

Wed May 24, 2006 2:21 am

So how is Madonna's Confessions of a Tired Vagina tour?

Is it any good?

Of course it is. She must have some hotties do the goose step on the stage while she runs GWB's mug on a screen. As long as she doesn't throw red kabbalah strings on the stage.

Quoting Stlgph (Reply 23):
In recent interviews she plans on staying out of films and concentrating on making albums.

Uh huh. She and every other film producer planned her staying out of films.

slider

Wed May 24, 2006 2:38 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv..._article_id=387368&in_page_id=1773

Lovely. Just what I want when I go and spend several hundred bucks on a concert- to be insulted by the person I'm patronizing.

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Wed May 24, 2006 3:17 am

Quoting Slider (Reply 25):
Just what I want when I go and spend several hundred bucks on a concert- to be insulted by the person I'm patronizing.

Well this is why you don't spend several hundred bucks. I will spend the money since I'm not going for her politics. I'm not down with the crucifixion not because I'm religious, but because it's symbolic of extreme suffering--something I don't think Madonna, or anyone (I'm looking at you Howard Stern), has experienced, and it seems overly self indulgent.
E pur si muove -Galileo

AGM100

Wed May 24, 2006 3:40 am

Look I am no prude , I like her music and personlly think she is hot and all that. I just dont know why we have to have the whole S&M thing going down. At least in my world its just so far out on the fringe that I cant relate to it. I could understand bi / homosexual dance routines or whatever the new shit is . But S&M oddities just go to far . And comparing Bush/Blair to Hitler is just fucking stupid , period. She needs to bow out gracefully before she takes a giant crap on her great career.

But truly one of the great sex symbols of our time ... yowza !!
You dig the hole .. I fill the hole . 100% employment !

AerospaceFan

Wed May 24, 2006 4:22 am

Quoting MaverickM11 (Thread starter):
Madonna's Confessions tour kicked off last night (5/21) and it looks pretty hot. Anybody going/gone? I was thinking of skipping this one since I went to the last two four times but after seeing the pictures, I think I'm going to have to fork over my first born to get a seat.

From the latest descriptions, it seems a bit wild and woolly!

Quote:
She exhorted us to sing along. But few did. A visibly irked Madonna screamed: "Come on you lazy mother******s! Sing!"

I really feel that she needs to take chill pill.

See:

What's fair is fair.

jaysit

Wed May 24, 2006 4:51 am

Lovely. Just what I want when I go and spend several hundred bucks on a concert- to be insulted by the person I'm patronizing.

Sounds fab.

Vadge doesn't care !

stlgph

Wed May 24, 2006 6:42 pm

Quoting AerospaceFan (Reply 28):

I really feel that she needs to take chill pill.

Apparently you all have missed her other tours.

She constantly encourages everybody to "f-off" and sing the "f-along"

Go watch the 2001 Drowned World Tour.

And the best part...every time she calls the audience mother-fers or tells them to f-off, the crowd goes wild. They eat it up.

slider

Wed May 24, 2006 11:32 pm

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 27):
Look I am no prude , I like her music and personlly think she is hot and all that. I just dont know why we have to have the whole S&M thing going down. At least in my world its just so far out on the fringe that I cant relate to it. I could understand bi / homosexual dance routines or whatever the new shit is . But S&M oddities just go to far . And comparing Bush/Blair to Hitler is just fucking stupid , period. She needs to bow out gracefully before she takes a giant crap on her great career.

Well said.

Quoting Stlgph (Reply 30):
And the best part...every time she calls the audience mother-fers or tells them to f-off, the crowd goes wild. They eat it up.

The epitome of stupidity.

Modern day Babylon. And some people wonder why others get bent out of shape decrying the amoral pop culture? This is exactly why.

johnboy

Thu May 25, 2006 12:15 am

Quoting Slider (Reply 31):
Modern day Babylon. And some people wonder why others get bent out of shape decrying the amoral pop culture? This is exactly why.

Grandma is that you? I told the nice people at Shady Pines not to let you out of the needlepoint class!

TWFirst

Thu May 25, 2006 3:56 am

And some people wonder why others get bent out of shape decrying the amoral pop culture?

Define "amoral".

MattCLE

Thu May 25, 2006 4:30 am

Look at that back  eek  Not bad for a chick in her late 40s

-Matt
Bear Claw, Free Fall, A Gunner's View

slider

Thu May 25, 2006 7:07 am

Quoting TWFirst (Reply 33):
Define "amoral".

Well Mr. Webster,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amorality

Of course, she might just be "immoral" but since she's practically bipolar, changes accents at will, has a history of unstable behavior, I figured amoral might be a better term, since she seems to lack values and ethics, and demonstrates no sensibilities one way or another, other than money and celebrity, of course.

tootallsd

Thu May 25, 2006 8:07 pm

Unfortunately I will have to miss this tour. But I did catch her on the last go-round. Initially I was a Madonna-detractor. I saw her as pop-pap, formulaic etc. Then I saw her perform (on TV) at the Live Aid concert. I was entranced by the power of her performance. Later that year, she did the infamous MTV Awards, "Like A Virgin" in the wedding dress, humping the floor performance and I was a fan.

Yeah I love people that are in touch with sexuality -- I'm sorry that scares / frustrates /embarasses people.

I'm left wing. I'd like to toss Bush out on his arse. I like it when she speaks up.

When we went to see her last year it was tres expensive! And it was FUN! This was more like going to a religious revival than a concert. No one spends $300 a seat for a lark. The arena was filled with true believers. We grooved on every live and recorded note. We gyrated along with the dancers. We screamed for more confetti.

In my book, live performance: live theatre, musical theatre, concert, opera is a time to suspend reality and go somewhere outside your normal life. Madonna does that in spades. She is a clever artist and an astute businesswoman.

AerospaceFan

Thu May 25, 2006 8:26 pm

Quoting Stlgph (Reply 30):
Apparently you all have missed her other tours.

She constantly encourages everybody to "f-off" and sing the "f-along"

Go watch the 2001 Drowned World Tour.

Seeing the stuff that others have referenced in terms of Madonna's rather unique sexuality, I guess that, at this point, I'm rather glad I've missed that tour. Along with every single tour that this ... singer ... has offered, for fear of having to see the doctor. After all, there's only so much that the penicillin shots I would otherwise have to endure, can do....

Wink
What's fair is fair.

stlgph

Fri May 26, 2006 1:35 pm

Saw the tour in Los Angeles last night. Utterly amazing. The show was above everything that you've heard about it or read about it. There really isn't a way to describe it unless you go there. The crucifix brought about some of the loudest applause I've heard in a concert arena.

Ive seen every tour she's been on since 1987's Who's That Girl tour. Each tour has kept outdoing the next and this one has definitely reached the level of going above and beyond anything she's done before. On top of just the general level of entertainment, this is probably her most physically demanding go around as of yet. It is an over the top performance that even some of the best stage veterans wouldn't even have the stamina for.

If you have any way of getting yourself a ticket and you want to go...then definitely go.

The epitome of stupidity.

Yeah, she's totally stupid all right. Keep that in mind when she'worth over $800 million and you do what again?

Madonna on stage is what she intends for it to be....fantastic entertainment pushing artistic limits and challenging and provoking people's thoughts and imaginations. I happen to love it that she MF's me and she can do it anytime she wants. And I'm glad you stay home and rain on your own parade.

Madonna By Numbers by Liz Rosenberg

Everything you ever wanted to know or didn't want to know about the Confessions Tour. Fabulous factoids- funny, surprising, fascinating, useless to some, enthralling to others details:
1 Tons weight of Madonna's disco ball rocket ship at start of show
2 weeks to use up wand of YSL #5 mascara
2 Million dollars worth of Swarovski crystals embellishes above disco ball
5000 Square Feet Size of Madonna's four stages (standard is 2600 square feet)
1000 Hours rehearsal over 12 weeks
27 Number of Performers including Madonna, Band, and 22 Dancers
253 Massages provided to dancers
0 foundation used on Madonna's skin
1 bottle of balancing cleansing oil (Shu Uemura Green Tea) every week
1 bottle of Yonka moisturizer used up every three weeks
106 Crew members in Madonna touring party
40 Foot turntable in center of main stage
16 Miles per hour when turntable revolves
1 "Discofied" Crucifix rises nightly from stage floor with surprise visitor attached
4 Feet away from the audience is distance between Madonna and fans on satellite stages
70 Tons of equipment on top of main stage
24 Semi Trucks used to move equipment from city to city
2 Private Planes to transport
18 Vans and Cars to transport
5 Buses to transport
280 Yards of Ace bandages used for dancers and Madonna
543 and counting heat wraps for dancers
200 Tons in weight of entire show (equivalent to a battle ship)
400,000 Watts of power used for run of show nightly
8 Broken bones of Madonna's displayed on video screens during "Like a Virgin" via x-rays and MRI's (she's all better now)
7 Costume changes for Madonna
30 Outfits were designed by Jean Paul Gaultier for Madonna and dancers
8 Pairs of shoes and boots used by Madonna each night (mostly Yves St. Laurent)
1 Piece of jewelry (only) worn by Madonna (diamond and amethyst necklace designed by Chopard)
600 Outfits in total for the entire show
25 Rack required to move wardrobe
1 Crown of thorns -50 thorns - from Cotters Church Supply in LA)
1 Bottle of vodka backstage to use for perspiration stains
24 Inch waist (Madonna)
4 People change Madonna's costumes during the show
1 Pair of Capezio professional fish net stockings used each night
10 Pounds is weight of Michael Schmidt designed belt Madonna wears during a segment in show
4000 Swarovski crystals imbedded in said belt
34 Clips used to set Madonna's hair
2 Smoothie brand hair elastics used during show (one blonde, one white)
4 Large hairpins used to secure chignon in opening sequence
3 Hairstyles revealed during the show (chignon, crown of thorns with baby Jesus curls and weeny/disco roll coiff)
2 Products used for hair (Kerestase oleo relax and Evian water mister to prevent electricity)
2 Changes of eyelashes (one mink, one mink with diamonds for disco section)

fumanchewd

Fri May 26, 2006 6:20 pm

Quoting Stlgph (Reply 38):
The crucifix brought about some of the loudest applause I've heard in a concert arena.

rotfl   rotfl   rotfl 

Keep that in mind when she'worth over $800 million and you do what again?

My name is Paris and I will own Hilton in 10 years. Since when does money equate to intelligence or integrity?

tootallsd

Fri May 26, 2006 8:10 pm

The difference between Madonna and Paris is so easy describe that your comparison is crazy.

1> Paris is the result of a sperm and an egg meeting. She has done nothing to own Hilton.

2> Madonna worked her way to where she is. End of story. Her $800 million is her own talent, saavy and business sense at work.

Big difference, next?

fumanchewd

Fri May 26, 2006 8:15 pm

Quoting Tootallsd (Reply 40):
The difference between Madonna and Paris is so easy describe that your comparison is crazy.

Ok tool. My reference to Hilton was not a knock at Madonna, but to refute his ridiculuous comment that money=intelligence.

Yeah, she's totally stupid all right. Keep that in mind when she'worth over $800 million and you do what again?

For the record they both exploit their sexuality and image in exchange for attention, applause, critics, and money. They are very much alike.

AerospaceFan

Fri May 26, 2006 11:23 pm

Madonna seems to want to have it both ways, and not sexually, I mean. She wants to be seen as prim and proper with her children's books, and kind of an S & M vixen in her pop persona.
What's fair is fair.

jaysit

Sat May 27, 2006 2:29 am

Quoting Tootallsd (Reply 40):
1> Paris is the result of a sperm and an egg meeting.

I thought Paris was now the result of sperm and the back of her throat meeting.

Quoting AerospaceFan (Reply 42):
Madonna seems to want to have it both ways, and not sexually, I mean. She wants to be seen as prim and proper with her children's books, and kind of an S & M vixen in her pop persona.

And why not? S&M vixens can be good moms, can't they? Besides the S&M stuff is just a stage persona. And frankly, its a lot better than her annoying Detroit gone Brit accent.

slider

Sat May 27, 2006 3:56 am

Madonna on stage is what she intends for it to be....fantastic entertainment pushing artistic limits and challenging and provoking people's thoughts and imaginations.

Oh, I forgot net worth was what determined someone's intelligence...

"Challenging and provoking people's thoughts" could also be another way of saying pushing the envelope of decency and depravity. We'll agree to disagree and that's fine.

TWFirst

Sat May 27, 2006 4:05 am

Quoting Slider (Reply 44):

Other way around... intelligence can and in most cases does have an effect on net worth.

slider

Sat May 27, 2006 4:12 am

Quoting TWFirst (Reply 45):
Other way around... intelligence can and in most cases does have an effect on net worth.

Typically.

In most cases, it's hard work. Either way, Madonna exhibits both. That's not the issue.

stlgph

Sat May 27, 2006 7:38 am

Quoting Fumanchewd (Reply 39):
My name is Paris and I will own Hilton in 10 years. Since when does money equate to intelligence or integrity?

Hilton's family has little ownership or direction in the Hilton Hotel Chain.

Quoting Fumanchewd (Reply 41):
but to refute his ridiculuous comment that money=intelligence.

Well, Madonna's IQ has been recorded as being 140 which is "genius."

Ho hum.

"Challenging and provoking people's thoughts" could also be another way of saying pushing the envelope of decency and depravity. We'll agree to disagree and that's fine.

No, we'll agree that you don't understand your own rhetoric.

"Challenging and provoking people's thoughts could be also another way of saying pushing the envelope of decency and depravity."

Well *DUH*

timboflier215

Sat May 27, 2006 8:00 am

I'm going to see her in London in August. Can't wait - it should be immense!!

fumanchewd

Mon May 29, 2006 5:42 am

Quoting Stlgph (Reply 47):
Well, Madonna's IQ has been recorded as being 140 which is "genius."

rotfl 

Thank you for brightening my day with this zinger. Lets put an equation together originating from the original premises that people who make money are automatically intelligent. $$$$=intelligence + high IQ.

Well it is true that many geniuses have high IQ's, anyone who knows what IQ means will tell you that it is not directly related to intelligence. I find it funny that her IQ is always mentioned in her profiles and by her publicist so much. It reminds me of a guy I used to work with who studied for weeks for the Mensa test. Some people are pretentious with their money, and some are pretentious with their concept of what intelligence is.

BTW, She's starting to look worse than my 70 year old grandma.