|Quoting Mhodgson (Reply 2):|
ARN is a bit of a blackspot for LCCs from the north
It is served from HAJ
by HLX, so that was one reason to say "okay" to ARN
during the CPH
-meet last weekend. Flights Friday to Monday currently would be 116 EUR for me. Hotels seem to be fair priced around the 90 - 110 EUR mark.
But itsn't ARN
rather far away from downtown ? 45 km, 20 minutes on train costs 200 SEK (21 EUR) oneway. A coach takes twice as long but is half the price.
And staying downtown would be the better choice I suppose ?
I would be a definite for ARN
, but in case of another, warmer location, here are my options/reviews:
- PMI: It is still high season in September, with rather high fares and high costs for hotels.
- BCN: I checked for hotels in Barcelona for private travel around 01-SEP, and found that many hotels are sold out and other have pretty high prices.
- MAD: I couldn´t make it to the last Meeting over there, but how is spotting with the new Terminal and Runway(s) in use ?
- VLC: Too little traffic
- AGP: High season, high costs for accomodation, but should be a busy place. Construction work is going on around the terminal (new terminal to be built), but spotting from the other (west) side of the perimeter should be possible. Lots of bars etc. in Torremolinos/Benalmadena Costa to choose from.
- LIS: That might be a good place. I tried to initiate a meeting over there in January 2006, but interest was minimal so it was called off.
currently has pretty low fares to Spain (BCN
) and Portugal (at least from Germany), even for September with typical fares around 160 EUR.
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !