lhrBOB

Top Gear Video Download - Wooooo

Tue May 23, 2006 11:15 pm

A mate of mine sent me this link earlier...
Its got every top gear episode since 2003 on there, and the qualitys pretty great too, unlimited downloads apparently, feel free to link around.....

http://www.zapmega.com/topgear/

Have fun
BOB

fbgdavidson

RE: Top Gear Video Download - Wooooo

Tue May 23, 2006 11:39 pm

Awesome! Thanks  thumbsup 

Top Gear was my favourite show before I moved to the US and I sorely miss it. The few times I've been home I've scanned satellite TV for it.

I know they have been available on bitorrent for a while but I am a moron when it comes to that and can never remember where to find them so this is superb.  biggrin 
"My first job was selling doors, door to door, that's a tough job innit" - Bill Bailey

ba757

Tue May 23, 2006 11:42 pm

Quoting Fbgdavidson (Reply 1):
I know they have been available on bitorrent for a while but I am a moron when it comes to that and can never remember where to find them so this is superb.

http://www.finalgear.com/shows/topgear/
I rely heavily upon this great website for my Top Gear fixes  Smile
Adam

cabso1

Wed May 24, 2006 12:33 am

Cheers mate!! much better than bittorrent! thanks a lot

lhrmaccoll

Wed May 24, 2006 1:34 am

I've been waiting for two weeks for the first episode to FINALLY download on bittorrent, and now it downloads in 20 minutes.
Fantastic.
A

lhrBOB

Wed May 24, 2006 1:37 am

Quoting BA757 (Reply 2):
http://www.finalgear.com/shows/topgear/

That sites great, but only torrents.
This site has pretty fast download speeds all the time, i've downloaded 4gb so far today Big grin

captaingomes

Wed May 24, 2006 6:31 am

It's great! However, how long will it last? There have been other sites like this one, although not as good, and they don't last forever. There is not only the huge demands placed on the server, but also the fact that distributing the show is likely illegal. Enjoy it while you can, hopefully for a long long time!  Smile
"it's kind of like an Airbus, it's an engineering marvel, but there's no sense of passion" -- J. Clarkson re: Coxster

captaink

Wed May 24, 2006 2:17 pm

Quoting BA757 (Reply 2):
I rely heavily upon this great website for my Top Gear fixes Smile
Adam

As do I. Top Gear is a fantastic car show, and pretty entertaining as well.
There is something special about planes....

ba757

Wed May 24, 2006 4:02 pm

Quoting Captaingomes (Reply 6):
There is not only the huge demands placed on the server, but also the fact that distributing the show is likely illegal.

I'm pretty sure its illegal.
I don't have a problem with downloading Top Gear myself, as I think its morally right that I can do so? Why? I have a British TV licence back at home, so really, I don't see it as been much different to recording the program on a VCR/DVD.

Adam

ConcordeMach2

Wed May 24, 2006 4:42 pm

Dude thats great!
I have missed most of the new series so far so this will give me a chance to catch up.

MrChips

Wed May 24, 2006 4:50 pm

Quoting Captaingomes (Reply 6):
It's great! However, how long will it last? There have been other sites like this one, although not as good, and they don't last forever. There is not only the huge demands placed on the server, but also the fact that distributing the show is likely illegal. Enjoy it while you can, hopefully for a long long time!

A lot of these sites are supposed to be private - set up by one guy for the use of a few others. Unfortunately, word often gets out about them, and bandwidth constraints end up shuttering the site.

Quoting LhrBOB (Reply 5):

That sites great, but only torrents.
This site has pretty fast download speeds all the time, i've downloaded 4gb so far today

Bittorrent works great, if you know what you're doing. I'm going to take a punt and say you connect via a LAN of some sort, right? If that is the case, you need to set up a static IP address and forward your port so that Bittorrent can communicate properly with the other peers.

If you're on a wireless connection, you could be hooped either way.
Time...to un-pimp...ze auto!

fbgdavidson

Thu May 25, 2006 8:12 pm

Anyone having trouble with the Winter Olympics episode? I've tried downloading it through Safari and IE for Mac but each time it seems to think the file is 400kb  Sad
"My first job was selling doors, door to door, that's a tough job innit" - Bill Bailey

lhrBOB

Thu May 25, 2006 10:33 pm

Error in the upload me thinks, its reuploading now

oli80

Thu May 25, 2006 10:39 pm

Quoting Fbgdavidson (Reply 11):
Anyone having trouble with the Winter Olympics episode? I've tried downloading it through Safari and IE for Mac but each time it seems to think the file is 400kb

If you're still having problems, I found the whole episode on Google Video a month or 2 ago. I'm at work so I can't really go searching for it for you at the moment. Maybe when I get home.  Wink

lhrBOB

Fri May 26, 2006 3:01 am

Ok thats reuploaded now, hope all is ok now.