kazzie

Ok, Thats It, Had Enough, Advice On Moving Out!

Thu May 25, 2006 6:03 am

Had enough of the mother, She is starting to edge me over the line as far as I can go... If I get 1 more comment like

"your father f**king hates you, that's why he is moving to Spain"

or

" you selfish f**king bitch" .. I will scream....

So I plan to be out of here within the next what 2 months? So what Advice can you guys give? maybe take out a loan to fun myself until I get an apartment and a new job? Eventually I want tp the leave the UK all together..
Bazinga punk.

MYT332

RE: Ok, Thats It, Had Enough, Advice On Moving Out!

Thu May 25, 2006 6:07 am

Quoting Kazzie (Thread starter):
maybe take out a loan to fun myself

I recommend that. Go out and get pissed, great fun. Get an Indian takeaway too!

I want tp the leave the UK

Toilet paper our country? Sad
One Life, Live it.

UAL747

Thu May 25, 2006 6:07 am

How old are you Kaz?

Living by yourself is such a great blessing. No one to bump into you when you are in a bad mood, and only people at home when you invite them in. I say go for it if you can find an affordable place. You've got a job..no reason why you shouldn't have your own place.

I could never go back and move in with my parents. They would drive me nuts.

And about your mother, I'm in a fight with my mom right now too. It all started over me saying that we needed to get the piano tuned...go figure.

UAL
"Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy. Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy.....Okay, fine, we'll just turn 190 and Visual Our Way

Speedbirdie

Thu May 25, 2006 6:09 am

Taking a loan out to fun youself will do nothing. Taking a loan out to FUND yourself will do nothing either, as you will end up paying back double, maybe even triple by the time you realise how much you are spending on food etc.
My advice? get stuck into work, put up a few notices around asking for a flat share or room in the area. Will save you a hell of a lot of money if you can get bills included. Start off small, single room etc. But honestly, get stuck into work first, earn some cash, bury your head in the sand and it will work out.
God i feel old... (no comment please)
Never give up..

kazzie

Thu May 25, 2006 6:10 am

Quoting UAL747 (Reply 2):

And about your mother, I'm in a fight with my mom right now too. It all started over me saying that we needed to get the piano tuned...go figure.

Its an Endless argument!, how mature was she today to switch off all the socets in my room so i lost all my power haha, its not that hard to turn back on?

Anyway im selling all my guitar gear to help my funds.. if anyone wants PM me.
Bazinga punk.

Speedbirdie

Thu May 25, 2006 6:12 am

Oh we wanna talk about arguments with mothers?????
I threw mine out of my house the other day for constantly slagging my friends off. She wouldnt even apologise.
Now she refuses to speak to me which is totally upsetting me.
Guess i see where i get my stubborn side from.
Never give up..

Air380

Thu May 25, 2006 6:14 am

I can only recommend moving out. Get all your stuff together, like washing machine and basic furniture and try to find a cheap place to live. Do not go home unless it is weekend, etc. and don't rely on your Mom to cook. It is a lot of responsibility to pay your bills, clean,cook,etc but it is great fun to live by yourself, if you can afford it.
By the way, I am quite a bit older than you and my Mom still tries to control me and she still gets to me. Oh, I will visit them tomorrow for 4 weeks with the kids, Help!

MYT332

Thu May 25, 2006 6:18 am

Quoting Speedbirdie (Reply 5):
Guess i see where i get my stubborn side from.

And the shape of your head is from your dad!

Random I know.

For you two girls, http://www.relate.org.uk/familylife/familycounselling/.
One Life, Live it.

BMIFlyer

Thu May 25, 2006 6:19 am

Ok, Thats It, Had Enough, Advice On Moving Out!

Kazzie, moving out is a big thing, and takes planning.

If you rush into this you could end up worse off than you are at the moment, remember that. It is a big decision to make, and to be honest, not something you will be able to pull off alone.

If you need my help let me know  Smile

I have 8 years experience of living on my todd so I guess i know everything there is to know about this.

Lee
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

kazzie

Thu May 25, 2006 6:20 am

Alex, Its not a joking matter.
Bazinga punk.

AirPacific747

Thu May 25, 2006 6:20 am

Kaz,
I am sorry to read about this. I am sure the best solution is to move out. I don't really understand how your own mother is able to treat you like that. I myself can't wait to get my own place either!

MYT332

Thu May 25, 2006 6:22 am

Quoting BMIFlyer (Reply 8):

Nor this a site for personal matters if you ask me but there you go. Relate is actually good.
One Life, Live it.

UAL747

Thu May 25, 2006 6:26 am

Quoting Kazzie (Reply 4):
Its an Endless argument!, how mature was she today to switch off all the socets in my room so i lost all my power haha, its not that hard to turn back on?

LOL, my argument with my mom was via email. Which, is probably the reason she took what I said out of context. Anyway, she's not answering my phone calls or emails right now, even though my recent calls and emails have nothing to do with what we were fighting over in the first place.

UAL
"Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy. Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy.....Okay, fine, we'll just turn 190 and Visual Our Way

Speedbirdie

Thu May 25, 2006 6:28 am

WTF?? the shape of my head?? What are you on??
Never give up..

carmenlu15

Thu May 25, 2006 6:29 am

Ugh. I've wanted to move out ever since I was 18... Actually I did move with my grandma for about 6 months in 2002, then moved back thinking things would change for the better... wrong.  banghead 

What has stopped me from moving to my own place is money, as I spent most of last year out of a job. And now that I have a job, I have a lot of debts to pay.  irked  I'm planning to pay off everything, save up some money, and then off I go!

Advice: be patient. As Speedbirdie said, don't ask for a loan; before you know it, you'll be buried in mountains of bills to pay! Work your a$$ off to save some money, so you'll be set for a better start.

Good luck!
Carmen
Don't expect to see me around that much (if at all) -- the contact link should still work, though.

cfcuq

Thu May 25, 2006 6:29 am

Kazzie, moving out is a big thing, and takes planning.

Lee is spot on. Sit and figure out a budget for all things, rent, food, appliances, clothes, utilities, transport, etc. Compare that figure to your income. Does this move look doable ?

saintsman

Thu May 25, 2006 6:32 am

House share is the best option. Moving out into a place of your own can be quite lonely and not to mention expensive.

There are always adverts in the local papers needing someone to share a house, usually for about £70 per week (which I assume you can afford). The benefits of this type of accommodation is that it is relatively cheap, you meet new friends and if you find you don't like it, you can move on without much hassle.

One warning. Don't expect to party every night because its easy to do but you end up broke with nothing to show for it. You can still have fun of course but when you move out you suddenly become an adult with responsibilities. Living at home you don't have so much.

Now's the time to grow up.

It'll be great though.

muddydwagon

Thu May 25, 2006 6:39 am

Kaz sorry thing are not going ok at home.

If you rush into this you could end up worse off than you are at the moment, remember that. It is a big decision to make, and to be honest, not something you will be able to pull off alone.

Have to agree with spuds on this one.

You know how to get in touch with me if you need some help.

Cheers Peter

NIKV69

Thu May 25, 2006 6:41 am

you selfish f**king bitch" .

Hmmmmmm

Well you can always move in with Flairport.
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

BMIFlyer

Thu May 25, 2006 6:45 am

Quoting Myt332 (Reply 11):

Nor this a site for personal matters if you ask me but there you go. Relate is actually good.

I didnt say that, u peanut  Wink

Lee

BMIFlyer

Thu May 25, 2006 6:47 am

Quoting Muddydwagon (Reply 17):
spuds

Jeez people, quit calling me that!  Wink

Lee

nosedive

Thu May 25, 2006 6:53 am

Kaz, you're in London, yes? try these guys everyone loves craigslist, and theres many Euro and UK cities on craigslist.

Tod

Thu May 25, 2006 7:02 am

As stated above, don't go into debt.
Work hard and buy the stuff you will be too broke to buy later.
Load your bedroom up with all the kitchen, bathroom, living room goodies you will need. That process can be fun too. Every new box is another step closer to independance. I moved out at 18 and it was a fun conversation with my Dad when he finally figured out what all the stuff in my room was about.

Dad: going somewhere?
Me: yep

...and have been living happily ever after  Smile

Tod

baylorairbear

RE: Ok, Thats It, Had Enough, Advice On Moving Out

Thu May 25, 2006 7:02 am

So what Advice can you guys give?

I have an empty bedroom  bouncy 

I have 8 years experience of living on my todd

WTF is a todd? You British heathens really must get on with moving to the moon.

Kaz, I'm reminded of an old saying: Haste makes...a shitty life. Or something like that. DO plan ahead. Unless she is throwing lamps and chairs at you, you should expect to spend no less than twelve weeks at home, planning every detail of your move. You have to budget for EVERYTHING. I never had an allowance when I was at home, and I paid my own bills, but after I moved out, it wasn't just rent to add on. There's the electric bill, cable, internet, gas, water, sewer, insurance, food, furniture, etc...all just for the apartment. If you have a car, then you have gas, maintenance, insurance, "Oh shit!" budget, etc. Don't forget medical expenses, clothing, toiletries, cleaning supplies, and so on.

I don't mean to discourage you by telling you what lies ahead, rather, I hope you will stop and appreciate the significance of the decision you are about to make.

Once you have done that, go out and attack the world!

Good luck, Kaz,
BAB wave 
I'm just skipping stones...

BMIFlyer

Thu May 25, 2006 7:06 am

Quoting BaylorAirBear (Reply 23):
WTF is a todd?

Living on my Todd = living on my own  Wink

Lee

BCAInfoSys

Thu May 25, 2006 7:07 am

I have an empty bedroom

Wow.. I'm surprised its taken 22 replies for someone to hit on her and offer her a bed at their place..  Yeah sure

Nothin against you BAB.. Just think the female worship in this sausagefest forum has gotten to epic proportions.

Anyway Kaz, best of luck to you. As someone who has only recently gotten a place all of their own, I can relate. Hope you work things out..
Militant Agnostic - I don't know and you don't either.

Go3Team

Thu May 25, 2006 7:07 am

Quoting BMIFlyer (Reply 20):
Jeez people, quit calling me that!

I heard it was Potato Head or something like that.

Quoting Nosedive (Reply 21):
everyone loves craigslist

I hear you can get hookers off of craigslist. Havn't tried it though.
Yay Pudding!

baylorairbear

Thu May 25, 2006 7:11 am

Quoting BCAInfoSys (Reply 25):
Wow.. I'm surprised its taken 22 replies for someone to hit on her and offer her a bed at their place.. Yeah sure

Nothin against you BAB.. Just think the female worship in this sausagefest forum has gotten to epic proportions.

My sentiments, exactly. That's why I added that bit. And, if you didn't know by now, I'm the last one you should take seriously around here  Smile

Quoting BMIFlyer (Reply 24):
Living on my Todd = living on my own

Thanks, Lee. Now I have to go and figure out where that expression came from. But first, I'm gonna call everyone I know and tell them I'm living on my Todd.

BAB~International Homo of Mystery

Hmmm, that doesn't work as well for me as it does Aerowesty. I'll try again.

BAB~International Internationalistic Internationaler

nosedive

Thu May 25, 2006 7:16 am

Quoting Go3Team (Reply 26):
Havn't tried it though.

Suuuuure  Wink

you should expect to spend no less than twelve weeks at home, planning every detail of your move. You have to budget for EVERYTHING.

Truff. Part of this also is knowing your city like the back of your hand. Where can you get the cheapest quality shit? Who rips you off the most? Who can you haggle for the best deals? What parts of the city have neighbors I can stand? Who has the best mace for when FLAirport comes to town? What areas are full of old people like Skidmarks? Important things like that.

cfcuq

Thu May 25, 2006 7:18 am

As someone who has only recently gotten a place all of their own

When's that house wrec.....warming party, anyway ?

BMIFlyer

Thu May 25, 2006 7:19 am

As someone who has only recently gotten a place all of their own, I can relate

When is the housewarming steve?

I'm still up for flying over sometime Big grin

Lee

baylorairbear

Thu May 25, 2006 7:23 am

Quoting Nosedive (Reply 28):
Truff. Part of this also is knowing your city like the back of your hand. Where can you get the cheapest quality shit? Who rips you off the most? Who can you haggle for the best deals? What parts of the city have neighbors I can stand? Who has the best mace for when FLAirport comes to town? What areas are full of old people like Skidmarks? Important things like that.

I forgot to mention that. Take the time to find a place that you are comfortable in. If you think it's bad now with your mum hating on you, wait 'till you start hating on yourself for getting stuck in a bad position. The emotional holes are always the hardest to climb out of. If Hempstead, IIRC, isn't your kinda town, move on. I would imagine London is a very diverse city, so I'm sure you can find something to your liking near where you are now. But, don't be afraid of getting too far from home.

All of that being said, what's the worst that could happen? You end up moving back home. So, tie up your loose ends, save a bit, find some roommates that you're compatible with, and take the plunge.

BAB

BCAInfoSys

Quoting CFCUQ (Reply 29):
When's that house wrec.....warming party, anyway ?

Quoting BMIFlyer (Reply 30):
When is the housewarming steve?

I'm still up for flying over sometime

Perhaps in a month or so after i have a few paychecks and some real furniture! Right now I have a couch, bed, TV stand and table for the computer, that's it! Living kind of Bohemian actually...

So once I get some decent digs to fill out my place, then you're all welcome to come wreck it!  bigthumbsup 
Militant Agnostic - I don't know and you don't either.

cfcuq

Quoting BMIFlyer (Reply 30):
When is the housewarming steve

Great minds, huh Lee?

BMIFlyer

Thu May 25, 2006 7:26 am

Quoting CFCUQ (Reply 33):
Great minds, huh Lee?

Just thinking back to the Finally - My Own Place! (by BCAInfoSys Apr 24 2006 in Non Aviation) thread man  Wink

Lee

babybus

Thu May 25, 2006 7:34 am

What are the events leading up to such a scene?

It would be great if you could resolve your issues with your mother. Instead of moving out why not have a short break away and have a think about it. Do some backpacking for a week or so and take your mind off it all. You'll be able to consider the present and see the future a lot clearer if you step back for a while.

Good luck.
and with that..cabin crew, seats for landing please.

cfcuq

Thu May 25, 2006 7:35 am

Quoting BCAInfoSys (Reply 32):
So once I get some decent digs to fill out my place

C'mon up to YLW, I have a basement and garage full of furnishings from the kids' move in-out-in experiences, now they've all left for good and left all this s##t behind. You can have whatever you can use.

jafa39

Thu May 25, 2006 7:39 am

Had enough of the mother, She is starting to edge me over the line as far as I can go

As parents it is our duty to become such a pain that our kids move out, otherwise none of you would leave home and we'd have to have sex with the TV on for ever and ever.

Your time has come Kazzie, move out and never look back, fly my pretty, fly as far and fast as you can!!  Smile  Smile
We, the undersigned, do hereby consent.....

texan

Thu May 25, 2006 7:44 am

Kaz,

Sorry to hear about the troubles at home. My mom gave me an ultimatum: move out by the start of baseball season  Silly

I went through an apartment locator and absolutely love my place. You might try one of those, they are usually free and just collect a fee from the place you end up moving. Select an area of town in which you would like to live, decide on which amenities you need and the price range. When going in to negotiate a deal, hold fast on your price. They will try to trick you into paying more.

Living alone is a dream for me, but then again I don't like people :p

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM or email. Take care, Kazzie.

Texan
"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library."

rossbaku

Thu May 25, 2006 7:58 am

Had enough of the mother

I'm in the same predicament so I know how you're feeling at the moment!

RossBaku  Silly

BR715-A1-30

Thu May 25, 2006 8:08 am

Kaz, as much as your mother may piss you off, you really should put more thought than what airliners.net can offer you. Everybody has different experiences living on their own. While I'm struggling financially, I'm thriving mentally. Nobody to tell me what to do, and when to do it.

If and when you do move out, just don't move out.. make sure you search for places where you have wanted to go. Research annual spending limits, such as groceries, bills, ETC. Figure out what you need and what you want. Buy what you need first and then what you want. The only trouble is, you'll always need something and will eventually have to determine when you have a little extra to buy what you want.

Just be careful, and don't do anything brash based on anger towards your mom.

My best suggestion, find a kick-ass roommate. One that you get along with splendidly... Split everything down the middle, or allocate certain bills to your room mate and you take care of others. either way, it should work great. As for myself, I don't get along with many people, and the only person I would accept as a roommate is not ready to move from her parents right now.

Good luck in pursuing your dream.
Puhdiddle

rolfen

RE: Ok, Thats It, Had Enough, Advice On Moving Out

Thu May 25, 2006 8:29 am

So I plan to be out of here within the next what 2 months? So what Advice can you guys give? maybe take out a loan to fun myself until I get an apartment and a new job? Eventually I want tp the leave the UK all together..

I dont think that you can get a loan if you dont have a job, but what do I know, my daddy pays for me.

Anyways, Good luck from all my heart.

Eventually I want tp the leave the UK all together..

Come to Lebanon Big grin
rolf

kiwiinoz

Thu May 25, 2006 8:52 am

I'm sure there's two sides to the story with your mother, but then that's life growing up in a house with parents I guess.

What's with the Danish flag-is that comic strip support group still going on?

I'm guessing you're not in a position financially to move out by yourself. It's a luxury that I'm sure you'll experience later. For now, decide what sacrifices you are prepared to make to gain a bit of independance. ie such things as living in a dodgy area, living in a flat with 3 or 4 people, living far from work, adjustments to social life etc.

You mentioned moving away from the UK? What did you have in mind? Kiwi's and Aussies do it all the time to the UK, but I know a few poms who have taken a couple of years to travel and pick up jobs in bars, farms etc along the way and have loved it. There's a few down this way and it works out well as they are able to afford a pretty good lifestyle on casual wages.

The great thing is, at your age you can afford to interrupt your career and live a little, plenty of time to get stuck into serious life later on.

jafa39

Thu May 25, 2006 8:58 am

Quoting KiwiinOz (Reply 42):
living in a flat with 3 or 4 people, living far from work, adjustments to social life etc.

Having to keep your loo roll under lock and key!  Smile
We, the undersigned, do hereby consent.....

airxliban

Thu May 25, 2006 9:15 am

Sorry to hear that things are not going well at home Kaz. Though I wouldn't be too eager to move out immediately until you figure out a couple of things.

First of all I would say look into your financial situation.

Calculate:

how much it is going to cost you to rent a flat with some roommates and furnish it (if need be), including utilities.

how much it is going to cost you to commute to work from where you live

how much you'll need to spend on food and entertainment

how much you'll need for discretionary expenses like hobbies, clothing, etc.

Then look at how much you make per month and with an eye to how sustainable your income is, figure out if you can afford to live outside of the house and how much you'll be able to save. Make sure you've got some kind of a buffer as well.

If you discover that you can afford to do this, perhaps you ought to start saving up some money and plan to find some roommates and find a place to stay within a time horizon of a few months or whatever it might be.

If you discover that it might be too expensive at this point, don't despair. Continue working at Luton or wherever it is that you work, perhaps get more hours from them or consider a second job if you have the time and really want to do this. Are you going to school at all?

This country is a joy to live in (at least for me) but it is expensive. If you find that moving out makes sense, great. It'll be awesome to have your independence and you'll have a fantastic learning experience. If not, stick it out there at home, save some money and we'll all keep our fingers crossed that things work out in the end.
PARIS, FRANCE...THE BEIRUT OF EUROPE.

wingscrubber

Thu May 25, 2006 9:20 am

Kazzie, I don't know you but you sound alot like my sister, I remember her and my mum having some proper barnies when she was your age, anyhoo... I'm probably the first person to say this, and feel free to ignore me but, I'd suggest perhaps you try to reconcile with your mum and try to stick it out for the short term while you make some proper plans. My sister always threatened to leave home, she only finally left to go to uni, I don't know what your situation is but I know that my sister couldn't realistically leave home because she'd have been up shit creek without a paddle.
Resident TechOps Troll

Pope

Thu May 25, 2006 9:28 am

Here's my suggestion. Start saving every possible penny because you'll need it. That will mean giving up some things that you really like so that you'll have money for what you need. Stop paying $5/month on a First Class membership.
Hypocrisy. It's the new black for liberals.

kazzie

Fri May 26, 2006 1:23 am

Thanks for the advice guys!

A looong day at work made me think a lot, im just going to save some money and go from there  Smile
Bazinga punk.

andessmf

Fri May 26, 2006 1:36 am

One question Kaz: How long has your mom spoken to you like that? I mean, as a parent myself, that is a fucked up way to talk to your children. Glad you could have the opportunity to move out. Did it myself when I was 19.

It'll be a little hard at the beginning, but the indepence feels great. Anyway, you didnt plan on living with mummy for the rest of your life, right? Might as well start now.

Good luck.

kazzie

Fri May 26, 2006 1:44 am

Quoting AndesSMF (Reply 48):
One question Kaz: How long has your mom spoken to you like that?

Since my Dad left...
Bazinga punk.