DeltaWings
Topic Author

A True Simpsons Tale: Tickets Or A Pony...!

Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:41 am

For those who know the Simpsons episode "Bart gets an elephant", in which Bart wins on a radio game-show and the prize was either the prize money or an "elephant", so Bart insists on getting the (non existing) elephant because it was offered.

Well this has happened in real life: NRJ radio was offering as a prize World Cup Tickets or a "pony". The tenth caller was aloud to "decide" on which prize to take and this person, a grand mother of a little girl, chose to take the pony. The moderator told her that the pony "was at the hairdressers", so she should just take the tickets. The grand mother however is not giving up and she is taking them to court.

Link (sorry, only in German) http://springfield-shopper.de/

rotfl  i just love it when a true story can be based on the Simpsons

DeltaWings
Homer: Marge, it takes two to lie. One to lie and one to listen.

YYZflyer

RE: A True Simpsons Tale: Tickets Or A Pony...!

Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:47 am

Quoting DeltaWings (Thread starter):
she is taking them to court.

and I hope she wins. Those radio people should know it's just a matter of time until a person chooses the animal.
Avoid hangovers, stay drunk.

BR715-A1-30

Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:59 am

False Advertising... They offered the pony, she wanted the pony, she gets the pony.
Puhdiddle

nkops

Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:41 am

I hope she wins also, she is probably trying to give her grand daughter a gift she always wanted, and the radio station is trying to get out of it.... they offered the pony, so give her the pony!!!
:evil:

MaxQ2351

Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:23 am

Quoting DeltaWings (Thread starter):
i just love it when a true story can be based on the Simpsons

I also love how Homer Simpson is the embodiment of everything you don't want to be, but yet I've heard countless numbers of people say Homer is their hero!!! (see my profile!!)

-Max
The 777-200LR......2 engines 4 longer haul