BCAL
Topic Author

London Vegetarian Restaurant Recommendations

Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:26 am

Help! I am taking two friends out for a joint birthday dinner on Saturday. Both are vegetarians, so I need to find a good vegetarian restaurant within walking distance of Piccadilly Circus. There is Mildred's but they are fully booked. Can anyone recommend a good vegetarian restaurant in the area?
MOL on SRB's latest attack at BA: "It's like a little Chihuahua barking at a dying Labrador. Nobody cares."

flyingbabydoc

RE: London Vegetarian Restaurant Recommendations

Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:44 am

Take a look at www.toptable.co.uk

You will find all sorts of veggie restaurants in Covent Garden and surroundings. You can also book online for free - it works very well.

Cheers

Alex
Marriage is the art of turning a lover into a relative

gunsontheroof

Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:21 pm

I would also imagine that most places in a town like London have plenty of vegetarian options available even if they're whole menu isn't veg.

BCAL
Topic Author

Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:10 am

Quoting Flyingbabydoc (Reply 1):

Thanks for the link. Found a possibility, even though it is slightly out of the way.

Quoting Gunsontheroof (Reply 2):
plenty of vegetarian options available even if they're whole menu isn't veg.

Sadly, many restaurants have a limited number of vegetarian options, probably two starters and main courses at the most and they are normally vegetarian casserole or lasagna! For a vegetarian, they prefer the whole menu to be vegetarian and when they see this, the whoop with delight.

We are having lunch at a normal restaurant, so I will be able to enjoy it, but dinner is strictly vegetarian.

down 
MOL on SRB's latest attack at BA: "It's like a little Chihuahua barking at a dying Labrador. Nobody cares."

sphealey

Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:11 am

Food for Thought in Covent Garden is one of the best vegetarian restaurants in the world, but it isn't set up for a "nice dinner out" unfortunately.

sPh

gunsontheroof

Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:39 am

Quoting BCAL (Reply 3):
Sadly, many restaurants have a limited number of vegetarian options, probably two starters and main courses at the most and they are normally vegetarian casserole or lasagna! For a vegetarian, they prefer the whole menu to be vegetarian and when they see this, the whoop with delight.

I'm a vegetarian, and I don't prefer the whole menu to be veg...I don't want my dietary choices to be much of an issue when I go out with friends.

I know what you mean about limited options though, maybe things are different over there...most places I eat at have a pretty good selection of veggie dishes or things with meat substitutes (i.e. Boca Burgers). The only places I really can't find a full meal at are fast food restaraunts, and that's probably a good thing.