YeahitsK
Topic Author

Newest Nascar Sponsor- Scientology

Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:47 am

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200.../07/scientology.team.ap/index.html

Yes it's true, the Church of Scientology will be represented by the marketing machine (literally) of NASCAR. Seems like a very slippery slope to allow them this sponsorship.
Let's play some Pitch...

bhmbaglock

RE: Newest Nascar Sponsor- Scientology

Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:02 am

You beat me to this one barely! Guess I should have typed faster. Zippy cleaned it up in record time though so all is well.

FWIW, here's another source:

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/sports/motorsports/14761999.htm

My favorite parts:

Quote:
Tom Cruise came to Charlotte in 1989 to film "Days Of Thunder." Little did we know that someday his idealogy would come zooming back to NASCAR as a sponsor.

The Jehovah's Witnesses could not be reached for comment about any possible NASCAR sponsorship.

NASCAR should be perfect for the Jehovah's Witnesses, all the doors are welded shut so they can't be slammed in your face!  Smile
Where are all of my respected members going?

YeahitsK
Topic Author

Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:31 am

Quoting BHMBAGLOCK (Reply 1):
NASCAR should be perfect for the Jehovah's Witnesses, all the doors are welded shut so they can't be slammed in your face! Smile

Nice. If I had an mp3 of a rimshot I'd put it here. I was wondering what happens when the Church of Satan gets enough money to afford a race team.
Let's play some Pitch...

TedTAce

Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:24 am

Quoting YeahitsK (Reply 2):
Church of Satan

Well considering some consider the US government as Satan, the US Army car, by proxy; is said advertisment  Wink

This space intentionally left blank

bhmbaglock

Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:12 am

Quoting YeahitsK (Reply 2):
. I was wondering what happens when the Church of Satan gets enough money to afford a race team.

Just guessing, but Tony Stewart would probably have a new job.

CastleIsland

Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:25 am

Who are the Scientologists going to hire to have half of their teeth pulled out?  duck 
"People don't do what they believe in, they just do what's most convenient, then they repent." - Dylan

ANCFlyer

Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:28 am

Quoting BHMBAGLOCK (Reply 4):
Just guessing, but Tony Stewart would probably have a new job.

irked  irked  irked 

Watch it buddy, or I'll spike yur 'Shine!  wink 

Keep in mind this is the BUSCH series, they're the minor league . . . not like there are any REAL drivers there.

TedT - it's a shanme Front Row Joe is driving that Army car . . . with a real driver in there, it could be something.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

bhmbaglock

Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:54 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 6):
Watch it buddy, or I'll spike yur 'Shine! wink

Within reason, the spikier the better. Bring it on!

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 6):
Keep in mind this is the BUSCH series, they're the minor league . . . not like there are any REAL drivers there.

I thought it was actually a step lower than Busch but I'm not real up on NASCAR - I'm more likely to go to Road Atlanta or Barber's than Talladega to see a race. It's just generally more interesting to me with hills and turns in both directions thrown in.