Zen100
Topic Author

Singapore Immigration

Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:21 pm

How tough is it? Apparently everything is at the discretion of the immigration officer you hand your passport over. If he doesn't like the look of you, and you're then sent back and refused entry, then I guess that is it for you, for entering Singapore in the future. What are you experiences?

ZenQatari
ProudQatari. Small Country with 5* Airline

Sabena332

RE: Singapore Immigration

Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:29 pm

Never had a problem there, I have been to Singapore four times and I found the immigration officers quite efficient. No long lines in front of the counters and the officers are very friendly (they even invite you to take some sweets).

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

Door5Right

Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:29 pm

RUBBISH - I have transited Singapore ,many, many times and have always found Immigration to be just fine. There are bowls of sweets at the counter to help yourself! compared with many other airports, the immigration procedures at Changi's superb airport are very easy and user friendly.
My soul is in the sky...

zarniwoop

Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:44 pm

nitrohelper

Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:27 pm

I have been to Singapore more than thirty times, never had a problem . The Officers were always very efficient even when facing three 747 loads at a time. I also have never been stopped going through customs.

cfalk

Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:29 pm

I've been there a number of times, and they were always professional and efficient.
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

deltagator

Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:14 am

I looked pretty rough after getting off the plane from Bangalore, screwed up and didn't have my paperwork thus having to go to a table and fill it out. Despite my retardedness trying to enter the country the immigration officer was very nice, didn't harrass me, and offered me some candy from her little bowl of goodies. Even with my paperwork snafu I got through the line (what line? there was one person in front of me!) in under 5 minutes despite just getting off a full 777.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

SInGAPORE_AIR

Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:21 am

Oh yes. We must not forget the token sweets on the counter. I take many.
Anyone can fly, only the best Soar.

swissgabe

Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:06 pm

Quoting Zen100 (Thread starter):
ow tough is it? Apparently everything is at the discretion of the immigration officer you hand your passport over. If he doesn't like the look of you, and you're then sent back and refused entry, then I guess that is it for you, for entering Singapore in the future. What are you experiences?

I highly doubt that they just would send you back/away because they don't like your look while holding the correct papers (pp, visa etc).
Compared to other Asian countries, Immigration in Singapore was always effective and fast. Never had any problems. I noticed that eg in Malaysia some Immigration people are quite rough to people from Bangladesh, India, Indonesia etc. Maybe that would be possible in Singapore too. But as long as you are holding the correct papers and didn't do any offence they can't send you away.
Smooth as silk - Royal Orchid Service /// Suid-Afrikaanse Lugdiens - Springbok