noelg

World Cup 2006 - How Will You Get Away From It?

Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:05 pm

Seems the pubs are out of bounds, we can't listen to the news on the radio or watch BBC/ITV on the TV. A.net Non-Av will be mostly out of bounds, as will any Council estate in the UK with English flags being hung from any orifice, the one time every four years that the English are suddenly "patriotic".

How will you be getting away from the next several weeks of mindless drivel and football-related crap?

Personally I have filled my car with CDs, we have stocked up on good DVDs to watch in the evenings, and we've got the alcohol in to chill out in the sun in the garden. Any meals out will be at proper restaurants rather than pubs.

TriStar500

RE: World Cup 2006 - How Will You Get Away From It?

Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:11 pm

Quoting Noelg (Thread starter):
How will you be getting away from the next several weeks of mindless drivel and football-related crap?

Last year, I moved out of my former appartment, 1 km away from Dortmund's Westfalenstadium, to a nice quite town in a nearby river valley.  Smile
Homer: Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!

Braybuddy

Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:13 pm

I've don't have a TV and I turn off the radio when it comes on. The weather is great and I feel sorry for all those sad people who'll spend these gorgeous days stuck in a pub glued to the box.

DAL767400ER

Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:56 pm

If I would want to get away, I would book a 4-week vacation in the US and go on a nice roadtrips, with many visits to airports, parks and other places.
Of course, I am interested in the WC, plus, I don't have the money for such a road trip  Silly . Oh well, maybe 2010  Wink .

Derico

Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:07 pm

Quoting Braybuddy (Reply 2):
I've don't have a TV and I turn off the radio when it comes on. The weather is great and I feel sorry for all those sad people who'll spend these gorgeous days stuck in a pub glued to the box.

That's why the World Cup is in WINTER, when it's cold with wind and rain/snow outside. Haha.
My internet was not shut down, the internet has shut me down

CHRISBA777ER

Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:11 pm

Seems the pubs are out of bounds, we can't listen to the news on the radio or watch BBC/ITV on the TV. A.net Non-Av will be mostly out of bounds, as will any Council estate in the UK with English flags being hung from any orifice, the one time every four years that the English are suddenly "patriotic".

Personally I have filled my car with CDs, we have stocked up on good DVDs to watch in the evenings, and we've got the alcohol in to chill out in the sun in the garden. Any meals out will be at proper restaurants rather than pubs.

Weirdo LOL.
What do you mean you dont have any bourbon? Do you know how far it is to Houston? What kind of airline is this???

ZKSUJ

Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:03 am

Quoting Derico (Reply 4):
That's why the World Cup is in WINTER, when it's cold with wind and rain/snow outside. Haha

Isn't it summer up there in Germany  Wink

Here in NZ, its just as well the international rugby season kicks off tonight. Would watch rugby over the soccer anyday!!! Big grin