TurkishWings
Topic Author

Malaysia Question

Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:26 am

I am still trying to plan a 10 to 14 day vacation in October. I was thinking of going back to Egypt but I think it will be hard to convince my partner  Smile

So I started looking into Malaysia. But from my research, I found out that October is one of the rainiest months of the year. As a matter of fact, the country seems to be blessed with rains all year around... Just how bad does it rain there especially in October (I am talking KL and Langkawi).

I read comments of people who visited Langkawi in October but no one was complaining about the weather. Can someone please enlighten me on the subject?

Thanks  Wink

P.S: Expect more questions until I decide where to go  Wink
Coffee - Tea or Me?

oly720man

RE: Malaysia Question

Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:38 am

When I was in Malaysia in the late '80s from sept to february, I can't remember any particular time being bad for rain. Sure there was rain and thunder storms, but that wasn't every day and many days there was no rain.
wheat and dairy can screw up your brain

Zen100

RE: Malaysia Question

Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:49 am

I spent 3 great months, in Malaysia, last year. I'm from Qatar. I entered in Johor Bahru in October and I left from KL in January. There will be rain, but it only lasts a few moments, then it disappears. Most days, were fine, some days cloudy, some days sunny. Mostly humid. Though it was quite cold in January.

Keep note, whether you will arrive there in Ramadan or not, as I was. It’s a not problem, as not everyone is Muslim there, and nearly shops are open. Malaysia, is a wonderful country with friendly people, great food and quite cheap too.
ProudQatari. Small Country with 5* Airline