aseem

Indians And Isrealis!

Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:08 pm

was wondering that Indians and Jewish are probably the oldest existing people/culture in the world today. And it surprises me that historically there hasn't been any interaction between the two (besides a small Jewish community in one of southern cities).

So my questions is what do both think about one another?

for most people in India Judaism and Christianity would be exactly the same thing!!

anyways setting the ball rolling..

rgds
VT-ASJ
ala re ala, VT-ALA ala

AirPacific747

RE: Indians And Isrealis!

Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:24 pm

Quoting Aseem (Thread starter):
was wondering that Indians and Jewish are probably the oldest existing people/culture in the world today. And it surprises me that historically there hasn't been any interaction between the two (besides a small Jewish community in one of southern cities).

The oldest cultures would probably some of the cultures you find in central Africa. And after that, I would say that Persia (Iran) would be the second oldest, and from there, the human started spreading to Europe and the rest of Asia.

HAWK21M

Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:34 pm

Don't forget the Chinese.
On the Topic of Israel & India....Recently there has been a chance to get closer.I always thought they should have long ago.But Guess India did not want to Disapoint certain States by doing that.Those same states that opted to support our Neighbour given the Choice  Smile while Israel voted for India.

Finally things are getting to where they belong.
regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

Zen100

Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:50 pm

I think the ball is in India's court. Israel has tried hard to link up with them. but in some ways the responses from india have not been that strong. India has to thread a careful line not to offend the muslim world that much. It's too just much hassle.
ProudQatari. Small Country with 5* Airline

Doona

Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:38 pm

Quoting AirPacific747 (Reply 1):
The oldest cultures would probably some of the cultures you find in central Africa. And after that, I would say that Persia (Iran) would be the second oldest, and from there, the human started spreading to Europe and the rest of Asia.

How about the Chinese? They've been around and had an advanced society for a while, like 6000 years or so, right?
Sure, we're concerned for our lives. Just not as concerned as saving 9 bucks on a roundtrip to Ft. Myers.

aseem

Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:45 pm

my apologies for offending so many....

now please back to the original question..

rgds
VT-ASJ
ala re ala, VT-ALA ala

comorin

Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:28 pm

I'm fortunate to have an Indian Jew as a friend, from my days back in college. He migrated to the States after doing the post-grad trip to Israel. He still thinks of India as his home in his heart, and we meet for dosas regularly. Alas, he doesn't look very Indian in the US, and has to mantain his 'cred' with the waiters! He always talks about how comfortable the Jewish community in India has been over the centuries.

Today the future of India-Israeli relations is being built by the masses of Israeli youth who trek to India, and discover how welcoming the country is. Chilling out in Goa, away from the stresses of daily life, they've created a little home away from home.

India treats visitors with curiosity and not apprehension, and its large heart has allowed many of different faiths to live happily together.

windshear

Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:41 pm

The Judaism is one of the oldest religions!
It dates back to Abraham some almost 4000 years ago, the letters in the Hebrew alphabet are also dated back to the same guy, so...

I know it is not the oldest, just cannot remember which one is the oldest though...

Good post Aseem, and btw how could you ever be offending anyone?! This is history...

Boaz.
"If you believe breaking is possible, believe in fixing also"-Rebbe Nachman

cy319

Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:32 am

greeks and chinese are the oldest nations in the world.
wanna be travel buddies ,sex buddies .. or both ?

HAWK21M

Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:18 pm

Quoting CY319 (Reply 8):
greeks and chinese are the oldest nations in the world.

I Thought Indian & Chinese Civilization was.
regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

aseem

Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:41 pm

Quoting Comorin (Reply 6):
India treats visitors with curiosity and not apprehension, and its large heart has allowed many of different faiths to live happily together.

very well summed up!! You should have written that in bold.

rgds
VT-ASJ
ala re ala, VT-ALA ala