nighthawk

Manchester Bans Big Screens For England Games

Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:37 am

Just heard this on Radio 1:

Manchester has banned big screen TVs for the england games in the city, following similar bans in Liverpool and a few other cities.

All due to trouble over the weekend by england fans!

HAHA what a bunch of hooligans those english are!!
 stirthepot 

Daleaholic

RE: Manchester Bans Big Screens For England Games

Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:41 am

Oh well, We'll just get drunk at home and fight in the streets Big grin
Religion is an illusion of childhood... Outgrown under proper education.

legoguy

Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:44 am

Hahaha. The hooligans were stoped from going to Germany so they are rioting here instead. Thankfully most english people arn't hooligans. Especially the plane loving ones  duck   bigthumbsup 
Can you say 'Beer Can' without sounding like a Jamaican saying 'Bacon'?

BradWray

Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:45 am

There are two groups of yobs from Clayton and Openshaw and a few other places all had one too many sips of cheap larger and started a little 'war' with each other to prove which area is the toughest. What a bunch of losers!

The only way the problem can be solved is by putting screens all over free space in manchester for example St.Annes square, St Peters Sq, Picadilly Gardens, etc... that way 12 thousand people wont be drunk, crushed and annoyed which will avoid the whole point of the ban.

I knew for fact that it was going to kick off so I invited my mates round to my house and watched it in the comfort of my own home away from the violance!

Thanks, Bradley! Big grin
Hamilton: English for 'Alonso's bitch' :D

Banco

Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:00 am

Quoting Nighthawk (Thread starter):
HAHA what a bunch of hooligans those english are!!

Apparently the Scots are getting giant screens in Glasgow and Edinburgh to show Countdown to the masses...
She's as nervous as a very small nun at a penguin shoot.

cornish

Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:14 am

Manchester has banned big screen TVs for the england games in the city,

No doubt following a request from a bitter Alex Ferguson.....  Wink
Just when I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, it was some B*****d with a torch bringing me more work

BigOrange

Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:17 am

All due to trouble over the weekend by england fans!

Nothing new there. Put a crowd of English (note the capital E) people in a small space with alcohol and that's what happens.

Instead of just banning them from travelling to Germany, they should have just put them in Strangeways and Risley for the duration of the match.

DLKAPA

Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:29 am

Quoting Legoguy (Reply 2):
Hahaha. The hooligans were stoped from going to Germany so they are rioting here instead. Thankfully most english people arn't hooligans. Especially the plane loving ones

Tell that to Kaddyuk
And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

kazzie

Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:37 am

Quoting Daleaholic (Reply 1):
Hahaha. The hooligans were stoped from going to Germany so they are rioting here instead

they are being stopped going anywhere... So many passengers are getting offloaded from flights at Security checks because of the football.. Does not matter where they are traveling to.
Bazinga punk.

airbusA346

Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:43 am

How stupid.

filler filler filler

Tom.
Tom Walker '086' First Officer of a A318/A319 for Air Lambert - Hours Flown: 17 hour 05 minutes (last updated 24/12/05).

MYT332

Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:58 am

England’s next World Cup match will now be screened in Castlefield Arena, instead of Exchange Square, in response to over-crowding issues that you may have seen in the media. The screening of the match next Tuesday 20 June between England and Sweden will take place in Castlefield Arena. Gates are open at 6pm and the screening is FREE, although admittance to the arena will be strictly by ticket only and people will need to collect their tickets in advance.
One Life, Live it.

mhodgson

Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:06 am

You know, I'm amazed none of our Scottish friends have picked up on the fact more Germans are being arrested during the World Cup than English; and that there have been no major incidents involving English supporters.
No trees were harmed by this message. However, several million electrons were terribly inconvenienced