Hi Folks... here's a car problem I have: my 1995 Mercury Mystique (33,000 miles!) has an electrical cooling fan that won't turn off after I turn the ignition off. Now I realize that it's not uncommon for a fan like this to run a few minutes after the engine shuts off, but for the last couple of days mine wants to run at least an hour (I disconnected the battery so as to not kill it). The temperature guage actually shows well within the normal range and the temperature outside has not been all that hot the last few days. The coolant warning light does come on, though. Plenty of coolant in the reservoir and no apparent leaks.
Thermostat, maybe? Any ideas? Well, I have an appointment with a mechanic tomorrow so I guess I'll get the bad news then.
Thanks for any information.