HT
Topic Author

Beach Vacation In Texas In Winter

Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:27 pm

Can anybody recommend a good spot for a beach vacation (for a couple of days) in Texas (preferrably Southern Texas) for end of January / beginning of February ?
This would be (end-)part of a planned tour of Texas.

Or would you recommend to fly from Texas to Mexico for slightly less than a week ?
Places like Puerto Vallerta and Acapulco come to my mind; Cancun is out of scope (visited that location earlier).
-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !

texan

RE: Beach Vacation In Texas In Winter

Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:32 pm

South Padre. Fly into HRL or BRO. It can still be kinda cool down there, but is usually pleasant.

Texan
"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library."

skywatch

Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:42 am

You basically just have to time it right. Two years ago the Texas coast got a few iches of snow on Christmas day! Texan was correct in reccomending South Padre Island. It is the southernmost resort town on our coast, and usually experiences very mild winters. If you did go in January or February, you wouldn't have any crowds to deal with either. Have a great trip!

---Skywatch
------Forever Watchin' The Sky------

DTManiac

Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:11 am

I spent a few days at Port Aransas. Thats like 2 hours north of South Padre island close to Corpus Christi so getting there shouldnt be a problem. Really nice there.

If you need a good hotel there: I stayed at the Port Royal resort. You can google their website. They have really neat appartments. You can walk to the beach in like five minutes from the hotel.

As I already said, Corpus Christi is not far so you can spend some time there as well which is certainly worth it.

Frederik
Gig 'em Aggies!!!