Kay
Topic Author

I've Been In Wifi Cafes For The Last 7 Hours

Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:05 am

The first place was a great restaurant right around the corner from my house. I went there at 3pm. My girlfriend is abroad for the weekend making this weekend one dull obstacle to pass.

After a meal, 2 beers, and 2 football matches, and a whole lot of browsing it was a bit too much so I walked on to another of my favourite places, less than 100 meters away (Blaustern, famous place in the 19th district in vienna) for their great dinners only to discover that the wi-fi connection still works!!!!! I am not sure from where, very possibly from the first place, but anyway I am online again.. killing time is easy with technology..

Smile

What about your experiences spending afternoons eating, drinking, working from restaurants?

Kay

skidmarks

RE: I've Been In Wifi Cafes For The Last 7 Hours

Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:10 am

I've never been able to work out how wi-fi works. And the lap top weighs more than the PC so we dont take it with us! lol! Big grin

Otherwise, I'll read to pass the time

Andy  old 
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional

rhythm06

Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:17 am

This weekend of yours sounds like the perfect life to me, just chilin whilst working. I would love to do it just once

JGPH1A

Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:04 am

Quoting Skidmarks (Reply 1):
I've never been able to work out how wi-fi works. And the lap top weighs more than the PC so we dont take it with us! lol!

That's because you haven't switched over from coal-powered to the new-style gas laptops. You should look into it. And your idea of a high-speed network is putting the bonfires on the hilltops closer together  Smile

I only just got a wifi equiped laptop, and its great - works everywhere - it's amazing the number of wifi networks available for use. I was sitting at a cafe the other morning, waiting for the bank to open, and was browsing the web while I sipped my cafe-creme. How bohemian, and yet road-warriorish !
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

Leskova

Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:07 am

I spent about two hours in a café a couple of weeks ago... drinking a couple of cappucinos while my notebook was logged into our VPN via the café's WLAN - thus allowing me to keep an eye on the servers I'm responsible for. Big grin

I like technology...  bigthumbsup   bouncy 
Smile - it confuses people!

skidmarks

Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:07 am

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 3):
How bohemian, and yet road-warriorish !

Bohemian maybe, but road-warriorish? You? Nah, sorry, my imagination ain't that good! Big grin

I shall have to see about getting a wi-fi euqipped slimline lap top then. Sounds damn useful.

Andy  old 
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional

Leskova

Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:09 am

Quoting Skidmarks (Reply 5):
I shall have to see about getting a wi-fi euqipped slimline lap top then.

Those are much easier on your back as well... Big grin ... or you could always get a bag with wheels for it...  Wink
Smile - it confuses people!

JGPH1A

Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:14 am

Quoting Skidmarks (Reply 5):
Bohemian maybe, but road-warriorish? You? Nah, sorry, my imagination ain't that good!

I am - me and my laptop and my drag-aboard wheelie-bag, living the jetset it's-Tuesday-it-must-be-Avianca lifestyle. How it exhausts me.
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

Kay
Topic Author

Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:23 am

Quoting Skidmarks (Reply 1):
the lap top weighs more than the PC so we dont take it with us!

Confused

You mean this? http://www.classiccmp.org/dunfield/pc/h/zts386.jpg

Smile

unless you mean those recent big screen models. I find it crucial to keep the weight figure in check when buying a new laptop.  Smile

Kay