yanksn4

Seven Muslims In Miami Arrested In Terror Plot

Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:09 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/5108546.stm

June 21, 2006- BBC News

Seven muslims living in Liberty City, FL were arrested in connection to a plot to blow up the Chicago Sears Tower and a federal building located in Miami. Arrest come from a infiltrated FBI agent of the group.

signed,
Matthew
2013 Airports: EWR, JFK, LGA, LIS, AGP, DEN, GIG, RGN, BKK, LHR, FRA, LAX, SYD, PER, MEL, MCO, MIA, PEK, IAH

YYZflyer

RE: Seven Muslims In Miami Arrested In Terror Plot

Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:23 am

Quoting Yanksn4 (Thread starter):

Is it really necessary to say Muslims?

Good to know that the FBI got the group before they posed any immediate danger.
Avoid hangovers, stay drunk.

Newark777

Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:24 am

Quoting YYZflyer (Reply 1):

No, most people would assume that anyway.  Wink

Harry
Why grab a Heine when you can grab a Busch?

NWA742

Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:27 am

A job well done by the FBI - keep getting these scum off our streets.

-NWA742
Some people are like slinkies - not good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs

NWA742

Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:30 am

Not really, it's pretty much a given.

Quoting Newark777 (Reply 2):
No, most people would assume that anyway.

And for a valid reason, too.

-NWA742
Some people are like slinkies - not good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs

flymia

Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:40 am

Liberty City, FL

There is no such thing of Liberty City, FL its just a part of Miami FL, a not so nice part I might add.
Anyway good job in catching these guys but its to early to tell if there was an real danger.
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)

deltagator

Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:16 pm

It is needed to queue the "weird beards" to ramble on about how they are the "peaceful, loving religion of Islam."  Wink

The thing that amuses me is they have been said to be targeting the Sears Tower up in Chicago which IIRC the lead architect or construction engineer was arabic and Muslim (Iranian I think.)
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

ANCFlyer

Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:29 pm

If the shoe fits . . .

Is it a lie? Is it inaccurate? Were the assmonkeys recently arresting in Canada for a similar plot Muslim? Or Presbyterian? Or Southern Baptist?

If the shoe fits . . .

Good to know that the FBI got the group before they posed any immediate danger.

checkmark 

How many more out there??? Not a matter of IF folks, a matter of WHEN, we will see more . . .

CNN Link:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/06/22/miami.raids/index.html

Law enforcement sources told CNN that some of the suspects are members of a radical Muslim group and that at least one had taken "an al Qaeda oath."
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

PIA777

Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:33 pm

I am glad these Mother F*%$& were caught. They would actually blow
up the Sears Tower, something a muslim man made. I don't even
think its American owned. Doesn't A Japanese company own it now?
Who lets these jerks into this country?

PIA777
GO CUBS!!

KSYR

Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:34 pm

I'm glad that the FBI stopped these loons before they could hurt anybody. Just goes to show that we still can't let our guard down; there are still people out there who want to harm us.

thomasphoto60

Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:38 pm

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 6):
IRC the lead architect or construction engineer was arabic and Muslim (Iranian I think.)

Iranians are not Arabic.

Thomas
"Show me the Braniffs"

PIA777

Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:39 pm

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 6):
The thing that amuses me is they have been said to be targeting the Sears Tower up in Chicago which IIRC the lead architect or construction engineer was arabic and Muslim (Iranian I think.)

Fazlur R. Khan was East Pakistani (Now Bengladesh). He was also a professor
at my College (Long Before I went there) IIT.

PIA777
GO CUBS!!

deltagator

Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:37 pm

Quoting Thomasphoto60 (Reply 10):
Iranians are not Arabic.

Poor education and stereotyping on my part. My bad.

Quoting PIA777 (Reply 11):
Fazlur R. Khan was East Pakistani (Now Bengladesh).

Thank you. I remember his involvement in the Sears Tower because after we had visited the observation deck one day and went back to the office the cabbie asked us if we knew that the lead guy was Muslim. When I responded I remember reading somethng about that he went off on a diatribe about how Americans hate Muslims and how we will have Jihad visited upon us and the other Islamofascist talking points.

I was a bit worried that something was going to burst in this guy's head and they would find us dead in a back alley somewhere. Luckily we got to the office and I gave him a big tip and got us the Hell out of there.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

Delta767300ER

Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:09 pm

A terrorist is a terrorist, Whether they are Muslim, Christian, Jewish, ect......Whether they are Osama Bin Laden, Eric Rudolph, Timothy McVeigh, Ted Kaczynski, Ayman Al-Zawahiri, or Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.

-Delta767300ER

oly720man

Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:53 pm

Quoting PIA777 (Reply 8):
Who lets these jerks into this country?

I get the impression that all apart from one were born in the USA.
wheat and dairy can screw up your brain

ME AVN FAN

Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:32 pm

s it really necessary to say Muslims?

why not. But it can be supposed that the FBI-agent himself was of NON-Anglo origin

[Edited 2006-06-23 11:33:07]

emrecan

Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:41 pm

Cfalk:
"Virtually 100% of the active terrorists today are muslim"

I am curious if President Bush is also muslim. Do you have any idea?

emrecan

Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:42 pm

Cfalk:

A terrorist cannot have a religion. The real muslims,christians, jewishes or the members of other religions don't make terrorism. Even they say they have got religion, it is so clear that it is not TRUE.

So don't say 100% of the terrorists are muslim. All the terrorist are deserved to be punished as much as it can.

Terrorism has no religion

[Edited 2006-06-23 12:07:12]

deltagator

Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:58 pm

Quoting Emrecan (Reply 18):
Terrorism has no religion

Perhaps you can try to explain that to Osama and crew. Get back to me when they sever your head for being an infidel that dare diagree with their form of Islam.

[Edited 2006-06-23 12:59:10]

emrecan

Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:42 pm

DeltaGator:

How you can proove me osama is muslim?
He is a son of a bi.h !!!!

AerospaceFan

Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:44 pm

I think that the arrests are a good thing if it's true that the suspects did indeed engage in the plots that the media has described. I will be following this story with some interest, as the FBI is due to provide more information on this matter later this morning.

[Edited 2006-06-23 13:58:14]
What's fair is fair.

deltagator

Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:56 pm

Quoting Emrecan (Reply 20):
How you can proove me osama is muslim?

Ummm...his own words. Wake up and smell the coffee about Islamofascist Terrorism. It does exist and they do believe they are religious.

Quoting Emrecan (Reply 20):
He is a son of a bi.h !!!!

You can say "bitch." I promise I won't be offended. Plus it is the truth about him.

AerospaceFan

Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:03 pm

Quoting Emrecan (Reply 17):
Cfalk:

I am curious if President Bush is also muslim. Do you have any idea?

Without endorsing the view that virtually all active terrorists today are Muslim, I think it is rather incorrect to imply that the President is a terrorist. On what basis would such a charge be made?

Sadly, the likes of the regrettable Michael Moore might agree that the President is a "terrorist", and indeed, even a luminary such as the ponderous John Kerry himself said it should be Iraqi troops and not American soldiers who "terrorize" Iraqi citizens by rousting them from slumber in the middle of the night. (Both, I think, are rather questionable comments, to say the least.) But I hope one realizes that such descriptions are far from those that could be legally or, I think, rationally defensible. I doubt very much that the President of the European Union would so warmly engage President Bush, as was done in the recent U.S.-EU summit in Austria, if it were true that our President is a "terrorist" in any way.

Of course, your opinion could vary, and that is your right.

[Edited 2006-06-23 14:06:14]
What's fair is fair.

emrecan

Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:03 pm

DeltaGator:

I don't believe any terrotist has any religion. This is what I believe. I never believe there is islamic or cristian or jewish or budist or bla. bla. bla. terrorism.

Terrorism is one of the biggest problems in the world and I hope one day it will be all over. ( I know it is not possible  Sad )

darrenthe747

Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:04 pm

let's dispose of the political correctness, shall we?

islam is not the peaceful religion p.c. folks try to convince us it is. it just isn't. Buddhism is a peaceful religion. islam is not a peaceful religion. look at the horrible things in the world today because of their ideologies.
All animals are created equal, but some are more equal than others.

halls120

Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:10 pm

If they are all muslims, and were intent on carrying out their actions as part of a jihad, sure. If their religion had nothing to do with why they wanted to bomb the Sears tower - maybe they were pissed off at the high price of Craftsman tools - then perhaps not.

Quoting Cfalk (Reply 14):
Stop with the PC nonsense. Virtually 100% of the active terrorists today are muslim. That does not mean of course that 100% of all muslims are terrorists, but it is indicative of a faith that (whether it has been distorted or whatever) has become a breeding ground for violence and hatred unlike any other ideology today.

checkmark   checkmark  checkmark 
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

AerospaceFan

Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:12 pm

Quoting Emrecan (Reply 24):
Terrorism is one of the biggest problems in the world and I hope one day it will be all over. ( I know it is not possible )

Emrecan, the vast majority of Muslims are good and decent people, and I hope that nothing that is said here conveys any hint of prejudice against them. I think that President Bush has always been very careful to take the position that the war against international terrorism is not to be seen as one against Muslims, because surely it is not! It is against extremism that hijacks religion in order to impose a political order.

I hope that you along with your compatriots realize that most Americans understand and support places like Turkey and other areas in which there is a very significant population of people who happen to be Muslim, and that are good, upstanding members of the international community.

Within the framework of mutual security, the United States, I believe, stands with anyone of any religion who desires freedom, peace, human rights, democracy, and good order in the world today.

[Edited 2006-06-23 14:38:45]
What's fair is fair.

cfalk

Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:16 pm

Quoting Emrecan (Reply 18):
A terrorist cannot have a religion. The real muslims,christians, jewishes or the members of other religions don't make terrorism. Even they say they have got religion, it is so clear that it is not TRUE.

They THINK of themselves as devout Muslims. While I agree that all religions can be perverted to such an extent (Davidians, Westboro Baptist Church, to use Christian examples), they generally number in the few hundreds. Islam has MILLIONS of people who have decided to believe in a highly militant, violent and xenophobic form of Islam. That is unique in the world, and the sooner the broader (and I believe more peaceful) population of muslims stop being so touchy and offended about the subject and recognize that this has happened, the better for all of us.
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

emrecan

Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:27 pm

AerospaceFan:

I completely agree with you. I just wanted to tell that if a person kills someone innocent, that person cannot have a religion. I mean there cannot be any explanation of this. Noone has any right to kill someone.
Even they say they are muslim or other religion it cannot be true. Because they cannot show any source from a religion as a reason of their behaviour. They are killing people and they are saying "we killed for islam". But noone is telling them a rule in Islam "if you kill an innocent person, you will be judged as you kill all the people". It means "islam prohibits killing people". I think it is clear now.
I want to repeat again; the terrorism is one of the biggest problem and all the terrorists must be judged as much as possible.

I hope that 7 men arrested in Miami will be judged as they deserve. They have to pay for what they do.

AerospaceFan

Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:34 pm

Quoting Emrecan (Reply 29):
AerospaceFan:

I completely agree with you. I just wanted to tell that if a person kills someone innocent, that person cannot have a religion. I mean there cannot be any explanation of this. Noone has any right to kill someone.
Even they say they are muslim or other religion it cannot be true. Because they cannot show any source from a religion as a reason of their behaviour.

Emrecan, I'm glad there is such agreement between us.

There is a lot of loose talk in the world today, and as a listener to talk radio, I know that there is anger, on the part of some elements of the American public, that attributes religion to terror, and vice versa, and I reject that -- regardless of what religion is involved. No mainstream religion can be said to promote terror, because so much of religion is about acting in a moral and beneficial way. It's rather offensive to adherents of any religion that other religions are tarred in this way.

And, in this connection, I note that some Muslims were very horrified when, recently, Christ was maligned in some way (I've forgotten the circumstances).

I disagree with those who see our war against terror as a clash of religions, not the least of which is because there really isn't any advantage to alienating the believers in an entire religion accordingly. We should, instead, promote peace and understanding where it is possible, and where it is not possible -- where religion is hijacked -- then the state must defend itself against terrorists in the way that the United States, I believe, has done.

Terrorism truly knows no religion. People of all religions can stand against it, and I believe that they do.

[Edited 2006-06-23 14:36:37]
What's fair is fair.

emrecan

Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:38 pm

AerospaceFan:

"We should, instead, promote peace and understanding where it is possible, and where it is not possible -- where religion is hijacked -- then the state must defend itself against terrorists in the way that the United States, I believe, has done.

Terrorism truly knows no religion. People of all religions can stand against it, and I believe that they do."

100% I am with you..

Welcome to my RU list by the way...  Smile

AerospaceFan

Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:42 pm

Quoting Emrecan (Reply 31):
100% I am with you..

Welcome to my RU list by the way...  Smile

Thank you very kindly; I am proud to be on that list.  Smile
What's fair is fair.

halls120

Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:21 pm

Given the article below, I'd be interested in hearing from our more politically correct members on why they still think the headlines should have omitted the fact these individuals were muslim.

Quote:
MIAMI, Florida (CNN) -- A federal indictment against seven men revealed Friday details of what the government said was a plan intended to "kill all the devils we can."

The mission was intended to be "as good or greater than 9/11" beginning with the destruction of Chicago's Sears Tower, according to court documents obtained Friday by CNN.

Named in the indictment is Narseal Batiste, who allegedly told a federal undercover agent who he thought was a member of al Qaeda that he was organizing a mission to build an Islamic army to wage a jihad in the United States.
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

mrmeangenes

Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:21 pm

All the facts aren't in yet, but CNN claims all were Black Muslims; 5 were US born,1 was an illegal from Haiti, and 1 was from (?) here on a visa-but-overstayed.

The Black Muslims ( for benefit of our overseas correspondents ) have been "sanitized" over the years as a "militant civil rights group" ; but are now and always were a terror group,that follows its own perverse version of Islam.
(Would you believe a Founder who orbits earth in a space ship ?No,huh ?)

They had a leader named Malcolm X,who eventually went to Mecca and made hadj.After talking to REAL Muslims there, he came back to the US,and told his followers : "Hey ! You guys have got it wrong !" (No. That's not a quote.)

His followers promptly used him for target practice-then tried to proclaim him a martyr to White oppression.

Some members of this group were involved in the 1993 WTC bombing,and they've gotten busted for a few other "boyish pranks" here and there.
gene

miamiair

Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:47 pm

They were'nt Irish Catholics...
Molon Labe - Proud member of SMASH

mrmeangenes

Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:16 pm

Quoting Miamiair (Reply 35):

Of course, if they HAD been Irish Catholics, the Media would have been all over it ! Can't you see the headlines ?

Altar Boy Rapists Thwarted in Terror Plot !

Papist Terror in Chicago !

Embattled Bishop Defends Irish Thugs
gene

ME AVN FAN

Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:22 pm

Quoting Miamiair (Reply 35):
s it really necessary to say Muslims?

not exactly, but it would have been necessary to mention that at least 5 of 7 were "Black Muslims" which is NOT Blacks who happen to be Muslims but member of a US-American creed of Islam

jacobin777

Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:41 am

Quoting Darrenthe747 (Reply 25):
islam is not the peaceful religion p.c. folks try to convince us it is. it just isn't. Buddhism is a peaceful religion. islam is not a peaceful religion. look at the horrible things in the world today because of their ideologies.

You've been watching too much Pat Robertson...

Quoting Cfalk (Reply 28):
Islam has MILLIONS of people who have decided to believe in a highly militant, violent and xenophobic form of Islam. That is unique in the world, and the sooner the broader (and I believe more peaceful) population of muslims stop being so touchy and offended about the subject and recognize that this has happened, the better for all of us.

more like in the thousands...of which its still a tiny percentage of over a billion.....

and they need to be removed from society...
"Up the Irons!"

miamiair

Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:47 am

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 37):
not exactly, but it would have been necessary to mention that at least 5 of 7 were "Black Muslims" which is NOT Blacks who happen to be Muslims but member of a US-American creed of Islam

Doesn't matter what they are, they were panning subversive, terrorist operations in this country. What organization wants to do stuff like that? What religion is the one that is being perverted that these people are using to justify their actions? Whether they are US-American creed, Shiites, Suunis, whatever they may be; they are muslims.
Molon Labe - Proud member of SMASH

Emirates773ER

Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:50 am

Quoting Miamiair (Reply 39):
Doesn't matter what they are, they were panning subversive, terrorist operations in this country. What organization wants to do stuff like that? What religion is the one that is being perverted that these people are using to justify their actions? Whether they are US-American creed, Shiites, Suunis, whatever they may be; they are muslims.

Your views sadly are very narrow minded.....
The Truth is Out There ---- Face It!!!!!

cfalk

Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:39 am

Quoting Jacobin777 (Reply 38):
more like in the thousands...of which its still a tiny percentage of over a billion.....

I beg to differ.

Every muslim who demanded that the danish cartoonists be put to death, all those that yell "death to America", those thousands of jihadists who go to Iraq, Afghanistan, Chechnya and Bosnia, those who supported a fatwa on Salmen Rushdie and others who offended their views of Islam, And all those who know of such people and approve based on their views of Islamic law, They are all in this category, and they number in the millions.
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

Newark777

Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:48 am

Quoting Emrecan (Reply 24):

I don't believe any terrotist has any religion

Right. But it is a fact that the majority of terrorism these days is the result of Islamic extremists.

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 37):

But they're still Islamic.

Harry

PIA777

Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:10 am

Quoting Delta767300ER (Reply 13):
A terrorist is a terrorist, Whether they are Muslim, Christian, Jewish, ect......Whether they are Osama Bin Laden, Eric Rudolph, Timothy McVeigh, Ted Kaczynski, Ayman Al-Zawahiri, or Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.

checkmark 

PIA777
GO CUBS!!

ME AVN FAN

Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:12 am

Quoting Miamiair (Reply 39):
whatever they may be; they are muslims.

Whatever religion they may have, they are US-Americans

Newark777

Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:14 am

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 44):
Whatever religion they may have, they are US-Americans

You're just avoiding the fact that the majority of terrorists right now are Muslim.

Harry

ME AVN FAN

Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:18 am

Quoting Newark777 (Reply 42):
they're still Islamic.

maybe, but they are still US-American

Quoting Cfalk (Reply 41):

I beg to differ.

Every muslim who demanded that the danish cartoonists be put to death, all those that yell "death to America", those thousands of jihadists who go to Iraq, Afghanistan, Chechnya and Bosnia, those who supported a fatwa on Salmen Rushdie and others who offended their views of Islam, And all those who know of such people and approve based on their views of Islamic law, They are all in this category, and they number in the millions.

-
only few people really wanted any cartoonists be put to death, you mention a few thousands who went/go to Iraq and Afghanistan, and you mention a few people who supported that fatwa against Salman Rushdie. So that any realistic counting gives a few thousands, maybe at worst a few 10'000s, but NOT millions in any way. Even the total stays comfortably below the 1 million

Newark777

Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:25 am

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 46):
but they are still US-American

And the ones caught in Canada were Canadians. All that shows is that the Islamic fundamentalist terrorist cells are recruiting people inside the nations they want to attack.

only few people really wanted any cartoonists be put to death,

Which explains the violence all over the Middle East in response to it.  Yeah sure

Harry

jacobin777

Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:26 am

only few people really wanted any cartoonists be put to death, you mention a few thousands who went/go to Iraq and Afghanistan, and you mention a few people who supported that fatwa against Salman Rushdie. So that any realistic counting gives a few thousands, maybe at worst a few 10'000s, but NOT millions in any way. Even the total stays comfortably below the 1 million

checkmark ..couldn't of said it better myself...
"Up the Irons!"

ltbewr

Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:33 am

First of all, even if their plots were still in the early planning and plotting stage, then thank the Supreme Being that it was stopped before something happened.
I am concerned of the FBI informant/mole's role in this plot, and if tried to encourage such activity in this group. The proscution of these apparent overgrown street thugs ought to be very interesting. I am also concerned that they may be 'overcharged' with crimes and the Administration will overplay these arrests, like with other domestic alleged plot groups and the alleged terrorists end up with much lower than expected jail time.

mrmeangenes

Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:18 am

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 49):
First of all, even if their plots were still in the early planning and plotting stage

This is going to be one of those wonderful opportunities to bash the police,the FBI,the Atty General, the administration , "the system", and (of course) "The Man".

If you stop them BEFORE they are able to carry out their dangerous intent,then it's all a political ploy,profiling,imposition of a police state,entrapment,yadda-yadda-yadda. (That scenario was playing out in the two news conferences I watched today-and this is just the beginning.)

If they manage to arm themselves first, then there is a shootout, and a huge backlash of "Why didn't somebody stop them in time ?"

And should they arm and equip themselves, and achieve any part of their sworn goal - "Where were the authorities when all this was going on ?"
gene