runway23

Fools Driving Wrong Way In A Trhaafic Circle

Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:24 am

So this afternoon I decided to go to half-fat (Migros) in High Elbonia. Getting to the store involves going around a fairly large roundpoint where you cannot see the whole roundpoint (due to a bridge pillar in the middle of it).

So I go around the roundpoint as usual, until I see a cosmic fool chaarging in my direction. Fortunately, I was able to swerve into the grhaass on the side of the roundpoint with no harm done to myself and the car (apart for very minor damage to tires and rim).

A car following me was able to avoid the aforementioned fool also.

Has this ever happened where people don't realize they aren't going the right way?

I consider myself very lucky that I wasn't involved in a frontal collision or that the people behind didn't have any accident.

[Edited 2006-06-25 01:25:33]

ANother

RE: Fools Driving Wrong Way In A Trhaafic Circle

Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:32 pm

I admit that when I drive in the UK I have done this. Near my Sister-in-Laws house is a small round-a-bout with flowers, plants and such in it. There is never any traffic in the small road and I often follow my instincts and go counter-clockwise. My English wife used to yell at me when I did that, now she just sighs.

It's never a problem when there is traffic about, only when there are no visual clues.

Perhaps your 'friend' was just visiting the Migros from the UK, Ireland, Malta, Japan, Australia, NZ or New Orleans