racko

Anyone Familiar With The Scottish Premier League?

Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:29 am

Or more precisely, with Glasgow Rangers defender Sotirios Kyrgiakos? Is he any good?

JamieD

RE: Anyone Familiar With The Scottish Premier League?

Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:35 am

Quoting Racko (Thread starter):
Is he any good?

Not bad, although he's just left Rangers for Eintracht Frankfurt.

racko

Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:09 am

That's why I'm asking  Smile

BAxMAN

Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:16 pm

It's impossible to judge whether a player is any good or not by basing your decision on his performances in the SPL. The SPL is an easy escape for the world's have-been players as they will shine in comparison to the mighty Dundee Utd or Motherwell.

You only have to look at players like Jean Alain Boumsong who excelled at Rangers and then struggled when he joined Newcastle, who play in a proper football league. Then you have players like John Hartson, Rod Wallace and Stan Varga who, after struggling in England, become superstars in Scotland. Can you believe that people were suggesting Chris Sutton should be recalled to England after scoring a few goals for Celtic?!?

As to the more precise question posed by the OP - I'm not terribly familiar with Kyrgiakos. I'm sure he'll do a decent job at a mediocre team like Eintracht and relatively weak competition like the Bundesliga but I would guess he would struggle playing at a high level of football.
I need to get laid

Thom@s

Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:38 pm

Quoting Racko (Thread starter):
Anyone Familiar With The Scottish Premier League?

GKirk claims they have a football league in Scotland, but I don't really believe him...

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"