Handcuffs
Topic Author

Who Will Win The British Open

Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:49 am

I noticed Phil Mickelson made a visit this week to Liverpool to check out the course that will be played for this years British Open. Who will be the favorite to win this year? I would like to see Darren Clarke win giving all his run of misfortunes lately. BTW, this is my first post and thouhgt this would be a cool topic.

FYI, Lefty travels on a GII N800PM

Handcuffs
Freedom isn't free...peace isn't pretty!!!

Tom in NO

RE: Who Will Win The British Open

Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:17 am

If it taught nothing else, the US Open proved that majors (like all tournaments) are never over until AFTER the 72nd hole.....unless, of course, Tiger's in the lead. We all know he's the only one around who can hold a lead.

Not knowing where Tiger's head's going to be at by then; I think Jim Furyk will be tough.....Mickelson's game doesn't match up to the British courses.

While my heart lies with Mickelson and the US players, I'm thinking someone like Padraig or even Monty might just walk away with the jug this year.

Tom at MSY
"The criminal ineptitude makes you furious"-Bruce Springsteen, after seeing firsthand the damage from Hurricane Katrina

airwave

Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:52 am

Quoting Tom in NO (Reply 1):
I'm thinking someone like Padraig or even Monty might just walk away with the jug this year.

At this stage, I do like Monty. He looked to be in great form at the US Open, but I think that the heat and the way the greens played really wore him down before the finish. Since it's a lot cooler at Royal Liverpool than at Winged Foot, I wouldn't be too surprised to see him in contention come Sunday.

Personally, I'm hoping Luke Donald has a good showing, also.

Airwave  eyebrow 
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

fxramper

Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:28 am

Tiger, 3 shots over Paddy Harrington.

Handcuffs
Topic Author

Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:47 am

Quoting FXramper (Reply 3):
Tiger, 3 shots over Paddy Harrington.

Yeah, I would like to see Tiger play good as well. I respect him alot more after his comments at the US Open. He did not make any excuses for his poor performance, just said that he was not ready to win.
Freedom isn't free...peace isn't pretty!!!