Sabena332
Topic Author

The Dark Side Of The Football World Cup

Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:21 am

Geee... now I am paying the price for drinking on an average 8 bottles of ice-cold beer and eating junk food while watching football. My stomach is screwed up big time and I spend more time on the toilet than anywhere else.  Angry

Anyone else suffers from World Cup related sickness?

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

mhodgson

RE: The Dark Side Of The Football World Cup

Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:27 am

Depression  Sad
No trees were harmed by this message. However, several million electrons were terribly inconvenienced

Thom@s

Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:29 am

During a match I ate an entire pizza without "realising" it.

Half way through the first half I looked down on my plate and thought "Didn't I have a pizza here a while ago?"
It even felt as if I hadn't eaten at all, so I found something else to eat.

Suppose this mornings stomachache was inevitable really...

So not as bad as your experience in other words...  Smile

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

VHVXB

Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:39 am

Not enough sleep because of the time that games are played usually means stay up late into the night or wake up early in the morning to watch the games. Many people are walking around with bags under their eyes  tired 

Matt72033

Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:40 am

i just find it expensive! seem to go out more to watch it

Garri767

Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:24 am

getting up at 8 am to watch the games! i always stay up until 3, still havent changed that. so now im stuck with 5 hours of sleep  tired 

Garri767
Two wrongs may not make a right, but three lefts do!

Sabena332
Topic Author

Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:49 pm

Shit, I had to go to the emergency room earlier this morning, diagnosis: severe gastritis  Sad Doc said: "No Alcohol, no drinks with ice cubes, no cigarettes, and no fat food". Rhaaaaaaaaaaaaa.......

cry   cry   cry 

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

AR385

Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:04 pm

I see dead people....Joseph Bladder people, referee people....They don't know they are corrupt....they don't know they screw things up.... they don't know they are blind....they don't know they are out of shape....

gkirk

Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:22 pm

Quoting Sabena332 (Reply 6):
Shit, I had to go to the emergency room earlier this morning, diagnosis: severe gastritis Sad Doc said: "No Alcohol, no drinks with ice cubes, no cigarettes, and no fat food". Rhaaaaaaaaaaaaa.......

rotfl  rotfl 
Don't drink if you can't handle it you puny German  Wink
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

Andreas

Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:25 pm

Oh, yes my sore throat...120 minutes plus one penalty shootout, that was close to my personal limit...JEEEEEEZ!!

But the first game on Saturday did wonders to my health, sitting on the Kö in Duesseldorf, sipping iced coffee, watching nice girls walk by and those frigging Engerlaenders go down the drain of football history....aaaaahhhh, life can be merry!! Big grin Big grin Big grin

As for that gastritis: You might want to treat this very seriously.....I had one a few years ago, too, and it's mandatory to fully restore your stomach, otherwise it turns into ulcer sooner or later and THAT is really bad!!
I know it's only VfB but I like it!

airbusA346

Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:31 pm

rotfl 

What bad luck Patrick, and you do all the things mentioned above, you never know you might stop smoking.

Tom.
Tom Walker '086' First Officer of a A318/A319 for Air Lambert - Hours Flown: 17 hour 05 minutes (last updated 24/12/05).

Pyrex

Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:54 pm

Quoting Andreas (Reply 9):
As for that gastritis: You might want to treat this very seriously.....I had one a few years ago, too, and it's mandatory to fully restore your stomach, otherwise it turns into ulcer sooner or later and THAT is really bad!!

Wow... I am just recovering from a gastritis (stress-induced) and the doctor only told me to stop taking coffee (not a problem, as I usually don't). I have been eating normally and actually drinking a lot of tea... I fell better now but who knows?
Read this very carefully, I shall write this only once!

Andreas

Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:02 pm

Quoting Pyrex (Reply 11):
from a gastritis (stress-induced)

Same for me a few years ago...and since you can't reduce stress, at least I cannot , it's bound to haunt you again...if, IF you don't fully cure it, I did, and it didn't come back so far.

So be patient and do what the doctor orders...I know, without coffee, that's so hard, unsufferable actually, I'd be dead by 9 o'clock....am, that is, not pm!

[Edited 2006-07-03 13:03:12]

Andreas

Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:05 pm

oh and btw:

Yesterday I had a currywurst in Bochum-Linden, Imbiss Linden or so, quite tasty that was, good wurst and good sauce, I liked it......I guess you're currently not in a position to re-check  Wink  duck 

9V-SPF

Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:19 pm

Shit, I had to go to the emergency room earlier this morning, diagnosis: severe gastritis Doc said: "No Alcohol, no drinks with ice cubes, no cigarettes, and no fat food". Rhaaaaaaaaaaaaa.......

hissyfit   banghead 

Oh my god, what a timing. No beer, no decent food in a time when your home country´s squad is close to winning the World Cup...that definitely sucks.

My deepest sympathies...not for you, you glutton, but the brewing and tobacco industry  Wink

VHVXB

Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:38 pm

Quoting Andreas (Reply 9):
But the first game on Saturday did wonders to my health, sitting on the Kö in Duesseldorf, sipping iced coffee, watching nice girls walk by and those frigging Engerlaenders go down the drain of football history....aaaaahhhh, life can be merry!!

Andreas i guess your starting to better because of the so call English Hooligans that you call have left???

Andreas

Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:29 pm

Quoting VHVXB (Reply 15):

Andreas i guess your starting to better because of the so call English Hooligans that you call have left???

One might think so, but actually: No!

Overall we didn't really have any problems with Engerlaenders, some arrest in Stuttgart, some in Gelsenkirchen, nothing spectacular, and they ALL were set free again, and just a few will face jurisdictional consequences.

So, no, in all fairness, the English fans did not behave badly in Germany, non of the fans did, for a tournament this big it was unbelievably peaceful so far!

I guess most people were busy partying like crazy, that and the hot and sunny weather, thousands of public viewing areas, good beer and pretty girls kept them from fighting and making a total ass out of themselves.

9V-SPF

Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:47 pm

Quoting Andreas (Reply 16):
it was unbelievably peaceful so far!

I agree. All the rioting broke lose within Patrick´s stomach instead  Wink

HAWK21M

Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:11 pm

Quoting Sabena332 (Thread starter):
My stomach is screwed up big time and I spend more time on the toilet than anywhere else

Let Me guess.You have a TV in the Toilet. Smile
regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

NumberTwelve

Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:19 pm

Not enough sleep here:
was in Berlin Stadium on friday and came back saturday at 4 am - afterwards i was fan guide in frankfurt main station until 1 am on sunday.
Tomorrow fan guide again after work (at 5 pm).

But no doubt: it is GREAT
signature censored by admin - so check my profile

9V-SPF

Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:19 pm

Quoting HAWK21M (Reply 18):
Let Me guess.You have a TV in the Toilet

Sure, along with a fridge full of ice-cold beer, a cigarette vending machine and a microwave.

Signed,

Sabena332

Wink

Andreas

Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:24 pm

Quoting 9V-SPF (Reply 20):
and a microwave.

What do you want with a microwave??? It takes open fire to light up a joint!

Sabena332
Topic Author

Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:36 pm

Quoting Andreas (Reply 13):
Yesterday I had a currywurst in Bochum-Linden

Why didn't you shoot me an eMail? We could have meet up and I had invited you for a nice camomile tea.  Wink

Quoting Andreas (Reply 13):
I guess you're currently not in a position to re-check

No, a soup will do it for me in the next few days I guess.

Quoting 9V-SPF (Reply 14):
Oh my god, what a timing. No beer, no decent food in a time when your home country´s squad is close to winning the World Cup...that definitely sucks.

checkmark 

Quoting Gkirk (Reply 8):
Don't drink if you can't handle it you puny German

You are right! But somehow I saw this coming, I went overboard with my beer consume in the last three weeks.

Quoting 9V-SPF (Reply 17):
All the rioting broke lose within Patrick´s stomach instead

Indeed, it was not fun anymore this morning, long time ago that I felt so bad.

Quoting HAWK21M (Reply 18):
You have a TV in the Toilet.

No, but a radio.

Oh well, back to my pills and drops...

Patrick

Andreas

Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:52 pm

Quoting Sabena332 (Reply 22):
Why didn't you shoot me an eMail? We could have meet up and I had invited you for a nice camomile tea.

How tempting *LOLOL*....would you vomit all over the place then?  duck 

Actually it was rather coincidence, I didn't plan to be there, just happened, and I wasn't online since Thursday night

Oh well, back to my pills and drops...

Yep, and my I finish this post wit a famous German proverb? (I'll try it in English): He who has the damage doesn't need to provide fibbing...it comes naturally Big grin Big grin Big grin

yooyoo

Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:58 pm

Patrick, now you know how each and every MLB, NFL and NASCAR fan feels like.

Wink
I am so smart, i am so smart... S-M-R-T... i mean S-M-A-R-T

Garri767

Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:10 am

nice camomile tea

then i should try some nice becks light, now that every store on earth wont be sold out of it  Wink

Garri767
Two wrongs may not make a right, but three lefts do!

rolfen

Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:38 am

I am missing most of the world cup because I'm either out getting to know new girls or obsessing about some girl who just dumped me (and hence not enjoying the match at all). Somehow the worldcup period will be remembered  Smile

I'm happy though that germany kicked argentine, a couple of days before the match I was in a club talking to some vaguely hispanic-looking acquaintance who supported argentine, and we were like:
- you're gonna get kicked out (does a foot gesture)
- you have no chance (does a hand gesture)
(loop for about 1/2 an hour)
' was so much fun. I'm waiting foro the moment I'll meet that guy again.
rolf

ZakHH

Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:27 am

The Dark Side Of The Football World Cup

"Dark the other side is, very dark..."
"Shut up and finish your toast, Yoda!"

The weekend was tough. Friday, I killed a cat at the after-game party. Slept whole saturday, woke up with a hangover, then drove 250km to Ostwestfalen. There, we drank it up really good at a friend's housewarming party (that b*tch got himself a villa with 1800 sqm garden and a pool, and pays the same as I do for my lousy 2-room-apartment in Hamburg - damn, countryside life has its advantages...).

Party went until 5am, after which I slept 6 hours, then drove 2,5 hours back to Hamburg with 35°C outside in a black car without air condition... Damn, that SUCKED!  hot   headache 

Met my neighbours, had another few drinks on sunday eve. Now I sit at home alone (my wife's on a biz trip) and have a few beers as a preparation for tomorrow. Damn, 'bout time this WC is nearing its end, or I'd look like Goleo soon (I should also get my hair cut this weekend - but at least, I still have my pants on... Big grin )
Tired of a.net? Join a friendly aviation community!

Sabena332
Topic Author

Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:46 am

Quoting ZakHH (Reply 27):
Friday, I killed a cat at the after-game party.

How did you kill the cat? Reminds me of a funny story: Two of my friends once run over a cat with their car while being drunk, they took it, put it into a plastic bag, drove to Mc Donald's, put the death cat on the counter and said: "So, that's the last one for today".

Slept whole saturday, woke up with a hangover, then drove 250km to Ostwestfalen.

Party went until 5am, after which I slept 6 hours, then drove 2,5 hours back to Hamburg with 35°C outside in a black car without air condition...

Nur die Harten kommen in den Garten.

(that b*tch got himself a villa with 1800 sqm garden and a pool, and pays the same as I do for my lousy 2-room-apartment in Hamburg - damn, countryside life has its advantages...).

I would rather live in a tent in a proper city than in a palace in Ostwestfalen! I am not joking, I simply hate it to live in the middle of nowhere!

Patrick

PS: Maybe I get a ticket for tomorrow's game in Dortmund.

[Edited 2006-07-04 00:48:15]

ZakHH

Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:55 am

Quoting Sabena332 (Reply 28):
I would rather live in a tent in a proper city than in a palace in Ostwestfalen! I am not joking, I simply hate it to live in the middle of nowhere!

True. But the weekend gave me some fantasies of owning such a place here in Hamburg. Yet I'm afraid that would consume the largest part of the 18m jackpot I'll win on wednesday...  crossfingers 

Quoting Sabena332 (Reply 28):
PS: Maybe I get a ticket for tomorrow's game in Dortmund.

Bitch!  eyepopping  Give it someone who is in the condition to celebrate such an event!
(Needless to say I'd volunteer... Big grin )
Tired of a.net? Join a friendly aviation community!

Sabena332
Topic Author

Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:01 am

Quoting ZakHH (Reply 29):
Yet I'm afraid that would consume the largest part of the 18m jackpot I'll win on wednesday...

I played as well, when I win, I will pay Frings a haircut and Podolski a German language course.  Wink

Quoting ZakHH (Reply 29):
ive it someone who is in the condition to celebrate such an event!

I am feeling better already, even so good that I am working on my 3rd beer. Big grin

Patrick

milan320

Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:49 pm

Geee... now I am paying the price for drinking on an average 8 bottles of ice-cold beer and eating junk food while watching football. My stomach is screwed up big time and I spend more time on the toilet than anywhere else.

Anyone else suffers from World Cup related sickness?

Given that my stomach is already screwed up from all the partying I did when I was in my 20s, the stomach part will always be sensitive a bit. However, even since I've arrived in Germany for my work contract (specifically timed according to the World Cup clock  Wink), I've gained about 3-4 kilos thanks all the German beer drunk during every match that I watched. In the last week I think I lost a kilo or two already due to less and less matches, meaning less and less beer.
-Milan320
I accept bribes ... :-)