ffis34

Gen 6 Ipod Out Tommorrow?

Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:01 am

well today i logged on to my itunes an dit asked me to upgrade to the new version as i am sure it did everyone else, but if I recall correctly in the past the new itunes updates generally come just before the release of a new ipod..

so 6th generation ipod or not...lets heres your wants on the next ipod

I decided to go for the ipod instead of the creative zen, for all those who read my last thread

Brad

Klaus

RE: Gen 6 Ipod Out Tommorrow?

Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:12 am

The currently expected upgrades would be higher-capacity nano models and a new, true "Video iPod" (instead of the current "iPod with video"), with a display covering the entire front and touchscreen user interface.

We'll see if and when it happens, but at least the former should be a pretty solid bet.

By the way, a new iTunes version doesn't necessarily have anything to do with new iPods; There have been independent upgrades before.

BradWray

Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:12 am

No there isnt a new ipod out. I am signed up for a Apple newsletter that informs me of any new sotware relise dates and I have had nothing on a new iPod!

Apple always relise an update to iTunes!

Thanks, Bradley! Big grin
Hamilton: English for 'Alonso's bitch' :D

Kay

Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:18 am

Quoting Klaus (Reply 1):
The currently expected upgrades would be higher-capacity nano models

How much bigger? and how is the nano's reliability? are you still using your first nano?

The nano suits my needs much better, since there is no hard disk, and it is better for jogging. For daily use, I think my phone and it's 2GBytes SDram card beat them all, no need need to carry another device.  Wink

Kay

Klaus

Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:35 am

Quoting Kay (Reply 3):
How much bigger?

8GB would be the logical next step... but it's all conjecture so far; Apple won't comment about future products, as usual.

Quoting Kay (Reply 3):
and how is the nano's reliability? are you still using your first nano?

Mine is still working flawlessly. I'm always carrying it in my pocket (of course not with keys, change or the like), so it has indeed accumulated numerous tiny scratches as any plastic object would, but nothing serious.

It is so tiny that it's never cumbersome. But I would strongly recommend anyone to get proper earphones; The provided white earbuds are crap!

I'd prefer a nano with enough capacity to hold my complete music library (about 30GB at this point), but I guess I'll have to wait a bit for that to happen.

Quoting Kay (Reply 3):
The nano suits my needs much better, since there is no hard disk, and it is better for jogging.

Yes, you just never have to worry about moving around. That's one of the reasons I went with the nano.

HUYguy

Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:43 am

I hope they aren't bringing out a new one, I only just upgraded to a Video iPod loL!