fumanchewd

Moslem Opinions On Homosexuality?

Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:37 pm

I just read a piece on MSN concerning homosexuality among moslem nations. I have the impression that a majority of moslems consider it to be an abomination. Is this correct, or is it only the extremists who believe this?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13712248/?GT1=8307

I believe that homosexuals deserve all of the rights extended to heteros with the exception of marriage. (I do not want this to be the focus of the discussion please-there is another thread for that)

So instead of assuming that most moslems believe that homosexuals are an atrocity without consulting others, I would like to consult here. Do the moslem members of A.net consider homosexuality to be a legitimate lifestyle? Is it common within moslem societies to openly accept gays as humans deserve to be treated?

I am inclined from my readings to say no, but I have read many threads on a.net where some of the things that I believed about Islam have been rebuked by the moslem members on this forum. I specifically have a great deal of respect for MEAVNFAN (I believe that's spelled correctly.) Even though I do not agree with everything that he says, he is intelligent and comments rather than argues.

So, please, any comments or experience concerning homosexuals in moslem countries or from moslem homos would be most educational.

[Edited 2006-07-07 11:50:39]
In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey...

AeroWesty

RE: Moslem Opinions On Homosexuality?

Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:03 pm

Some famously long threads on just this issue:
UAE...Not Quite That Open I Guess (by Johnboy Nov 26 2005 in Non Aviation)
United Arab Emirates Jails 11 Gays (by ChiGB1973 Feb 14 2006 in Non Aviation)
Gay Tourism In The Middle East (by NWA757boy Mar 15 2006 in Non Aviation)
Can A Gay Couple Book Doublebed In Dubai? (by CRJ900 Mar 7 2006 in Non Aviation)
International Homo of Mystery

rolfen

Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:34 pm

The sexual revolution hasnt reached the middle east yet. Avoid iran, since people have been known to get executed because of that.

Beirut is doing fine. I know lots of guys who are openly gay (some of the most blatant among them being moslem), been hit on couple of times, and even been offered paid gay sex once (which I turned down - duh). Turned out I was doing my night walk in the wrong place.

There is an association to promote gay rights in lebanon, and someone attempted to sue it once, but the judge dismissed the claim considering that it is not illegal to defend gay rights It is just the act that is legally considered "against nature".

As for the religious perspective, I am not moslem but the couple of times that I mentionned this subject with a non-homo muslim left me under the impression that islam considers homosexuality as an illness that must be fought.

[Edited 2006-07-07 15:42:38]
rolf

jaysit

Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:08 pm

The Gay Pride parade in Riyadh usually ends up in "Chop chop" square.

Homosexuality is worthy of death. Yet, pederasty is just fine and dandy. But only if you're a mullah.

Now playing: "Boys of Islamabad: the Madrassah edition."
Atheism is Myth Understood.

RichardPrice

Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:16 pm

Quoting Rolfen (Reply 2):
The sexual revolution hasnt reached the middle east yet. Avoid iran, since people have been known to get executed because of that.

It hasnt really reached the west yet. There are many nations where buggery is still an offence punishable by imprisonment or fine.

In Australia, its still illegal in Queensland and Tasmania to commit sodomy or buggery.

In the US its illegal in Alabama, Florida, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Virginia and Peurto Rico.

The validity of the above states laws are in question due to a 2003 federal court ruling.

Most western nations only repealed strict sodomy laws in the past 30 years.

Its interesting that mainly only male-male acts are illegal, female-female acts are generally ignored in law.

rjpieces

Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:29 pm

An Arab-Israeli Parliament Member had some not nice words to say about the upcoming World Pride in Jerusalem and what would happen if gays approach Muslim holy sites:
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3271831,00.html

warned gays that "if they dare to approach the Temple Mount during the World Pride 2006 parade in Jerusalem they will do so over our dead bodies."
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon"

rolfen

Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:55 pm

http://www.globalgayz.com/
http://www.gaymiddleeast.com/

Just some publicity (sorry, have to Smile )... seems that beirut is the most liberated city in the arab middle east:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_rights_in_Lebanon

[Edited 2006-07-07 16:56:30]
rolf

texan

Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:22 am

Quoting RichardPrice (Reply 4):
In the US its illegal in Alabama, Florida, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Virginia and Peurto Rico.

The Texas law that attempted to outlaw homosexuality was struck down by the Supreme Court. Homosexuality is not illegal here. Neither are homosexual acts. Homosexual marriage is illegal.

Rick "Adios MoFo" Perry has done an admirable job of alienating homosexuals by telling them that we don't want them in the state. Governor Goodhair is a jackass and a moron.

On the main subject, there are only a couple areas in majority Moslem nations that I have heard about being open to homosexuality or at least not so stringently anti-homosexual that they have outlawed it.

Texan
"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library."

RayChuang

Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:47 am

Actually, I've read that homosexuality does exist in the Muslim world, but it's publicly frowned upon for religious reasons, with very severe punishments.

We know that the Pashtun tribes in Kandahar, Afghanistan have sexual relations with underage boys (the Taliban brutally surpressed this practice) and there are some apocryphal stories that the late Yassir Arafat was openly gay (this comes from a Romanian source, though I take this story with many grains of salt).

[Edited 2006-07-07 18:52:09]

TS-IOR

Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:09 am

Homosexuality is a sin in Islam and according to islamic preaches and instructions, homosexuals deserve a severe punishment as long as it is originally and clearly prohibited by God, against normal natural and instinctive behaviour and against the continuity of gender.

I totally agree with that whereas i respect those who unfortunately have such a sexual orientation, i normally deal with them...and also do not hesitate to tell them that, according to my beliefs, off the right way !!! Two german collegues are gays and i've never under consider them; we discuss and help eachother all the time.

I dislike the manner some homosexuals want to make a propaganda on themselves and to be considered as poor victims...like some topics on A.Net dealing with homos and aviation. My Godness, they are in aviation, public transportation, hospitals...just like and equal to heteros  Wink

jaysit

Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:33 am

Quoting TS-IOR (Reply 9):
Homosexuality is a sin in Islam and according to islamic preaches and instructions, homosexuals deserve a severe punishment as long as it is originally and clearly prohibited by God, against normal natural and instinctive behaviour and against the continuity of gender.

Oh dear.

I saw "Poseidon." Is that severe punishment enough?
Atheism is Myth Understood.

CPDC10-30

Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:42 am

Quoting RJpieces (Reply 5):
An Arab-Israeli Parliament Member had some not nice words to say about the upcoming World Pride in Jerusalem and what would happen if gays approach Muslim holy sites:

I think that having the world pride in Jerusalem can be seen as a provocation by foes of homosexuality and gives them ammunition for their cause. I think Tel Aviv would have been a more appropriate choice.

Emirates773ER

Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:42 am

Quoting Jaysit (Reply 10):
I saw "Poseidon." Is that severe punishment enough?

Nope, I want a repeatition of Saw.
The Truth is Out There ---- Face It!!!!!

Stretch 8

Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:36 am

I think Jaysit has it about right. Remember how those barbarians in Iran hanged two teenagers last summer after the boys were discovered in a tandem wank scenario? These people are intolerant and dangerous.
Maggs swings, it's a drive deep to left! The Tigers are going to the World Series!!!

Vulindlela

Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:40 am

TS-IOR, I was just in Tunisia this weekend (Tunis and Sousse). I had heard before I went how male prostitution is tolerated in the country, and it did seem true to me. There are several streets in Tunis where boys stand out on the sidewalk and get picked up. Little boys (they looked about 10) came up to me several times in groups of 3 or 4 and tried to offer themselves to me. This was always on busy avenues and they were never trying to be discreet. What do most Tunisians think about it?
"If you take everything I've accomplished in my entire life and condense it down into 1 day, it looks decent!"

dtwclipper

Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:43 am

those who unfortunately have such a sexual orientation

Sorry, I don't see it is unfortunate.

i normally deal with them...and also do not hesitate to tell them that,

That is soooo kind of you. Remind me to tell you what I think of some of your practices!

homosexuals deserve a severe punishment

TS-IOR....For crying out loud...this is the 21 century! Wake up and smell the progress!
Compare New York Air, the Airline that works for your Business

yowza

Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:28 am

I recall reading some story about a Qatari prince being given diplomatic immunity after banging a bunch of underage boys in the Czech republic. Anyone remember this?

YOWza

ME AVN FAN

Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:46 am

Quoting Jaysit (Reply 10):
Oh dear.

TS-IOR spoke about "severe punishment" "according to preaches and instructions", but NOT about such punishments actually being conducted, or being demanded by him  yes 

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 15):
what I think of some of your practices!

THAT is interesting ! you know of "practices" of TS-IOR ?  wideeyed   wink 

gigneil

Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:16 am

I totally agree with that whereas i respect those who unfortunately have such a sexual orientation, i normally deal with them...and also do not hesitate to tell them that, according to my beliefs, off the right way !!!

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 17):

TS-IOR spoke about "severe punishment" "according to preaches and instructions", but NOT about such punishments actually being conducted, or being demanded by him yes

You can see he says he totally agrees with that.

N

airxliban

Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:18 am

As other posters have noted homosexuality is not tolerated in Islam but I don't think this is just an Islamic thing. My impression was that none of the major world religions encourage homosexuality, but I could be wrong on that. That said there are a surprising numbers of homosexuals in the Middle East, particularly from ultra-conservative countries.

Quoting Fumanchewd (Thread starter):
Do the moslem members of A.net consider homosexuality to be a legitimate lifestyle?

I'm not muslim myself but I thought I would chime in anyway. Basically I am still trying to sort out my own beliefs on the subject to make them consistent, solid and not subject to double standards, but I believe that God, or who/whatever you believe created the world and created humans, intended for homosexuals to exist and considers them an equal part of creation. Therefore, I believe that rather than seeing homosexuals as inherently sinful, the real sin is believing that homosexuals are inferior to heterosexuals and are thus undeserving of certain human rights due to sexual orientation. Thus, I do not consider the homosexual lifestye, in as much as it consists of a relationship with someone of the same gender, to be illegitimate in any way, shape or form. Anyway, it's a controversial issue and I have pretty strong thoughts to the contrary on gay marriage.

Quoting Fumanchewd (Thread starter):
Is it common within moslem societies to openly accept gays as humans deserve to be treated?

I know precious few muslims that think homosexuality ought to be tolerated. The sentiment is pretty much the same across Arabs and South Asian muslims that I have met. That said, only very few of them have extreme views about it.

Turned out I was doing my night walk in the wrong place.

Just out of curiosity, where in Beirut was this Rolfen?
PARIS, FRANCE...THE BEIRUT OF EUROPE.

RichardPrice

Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:19 am

Hmm, lets jsut try something for a moment:

Quote:

Homosexuality is a sin in Christianity and according to the Bibles preaching and instructions, homosexuals deserve a severe punishment as long as it is originally and clearly prohibited by God, against normal natural and instinctive behaviour and against the continuity of gender.

Yup, works perfectly.

gigneil

Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:22 am

God and religion are evil. End of story.

I find it highly unnatural and against instinct to believe in a freeform being that smites people mightily and lives in the clouds, even more so that such a being would give a flying fuck what us insignificant lifeforms are doing.

I also think people that believe in same have the cognitive function of a 12 year old that believes in santa claus.

Offended? Good. Me too.

N

[Edited 2006-07-08 00:27:03]

rolfen

Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:25 am

More publicity for lebanon

Quote:
Lebanon is the only Middle-east country which showed the film Brokeback Mountain. Circuit Planete started showing the movie on March 23rd, 2006 and ran it for a month. In Lebanon, the movie�s duration is 2 hours and 10 minutes which is only 4 minutes less than the original uncensored movie.
rolf

ME AVN FAN

Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:25 am

Quoting Gigneil (Reply 18):
agrees with

"" Two german collegues are gays and i've never under consider them; we discuss and help eachother all the time ""
-
as you can see, he does NOT agree with the punishment notion in practical life. He tries to outline the difference between religious theory, morality and practical life.

ME AVN FAN

Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:30 am

Quoting Rolfen (Reply 22):
More publicity

But you rather ought to help "AirLiban" by telling him WHERE in Beirut you got approached by "service-boys" !

rolfen

Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:50 am

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 24):
But you rather ought to help "AirLiban" by telling him WHERE in Beirut you got approached by "service-boys" !

Ramlet-el-baida
(go at your own risk)

[Edited 2006-07-08 04:16:33]
rolf

jacobin777

Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:05 am

I totally agree with that whereas i respect those who unfortunately have such a sexual orientation, i normally deal with them...and also do not hesitate to tell them that, according to my beliefs, off the right way !!! Two german collegues are gays and i've never under consider them; we discuss and help eachother all the time.

I dislike the manner some homosexuals want to make a propaganda on themselves and to be considered as poor victims...like some topics on A.Net dealing with homos and aviation. My Godness, they are in aviation, public transportation, hospitals...just like and equal to heteros

I'm Muslim and I'm against homosexuality, I openly state it, but it doesn't really bother me all too much, heck, I used to live near the homosexual capital of the world in SFO.. spin ..actually I lived in the Marina District, but the Castro District isn't too far from there.. no 

There are homosexuals in Pakistan also...they aren't fully open...but its not as if its unknown..

for me, its "whatever........its your drama, your life, not mine, I have other priorities in life"

I find there to be more pressing issues in the world.....
"Up the Irons!"

cabso1

Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:33 am

I'm a Muslim and i definitely do not have a problem with Homosexuality. That being said, there are many Muslims that are homosexuals themselves. It all comes down to individuality and how each person (Muslim or not) thinks of homosexuals. There are many people of other religions that I know that are against homosexuality so therefore you cannot pick only Islam, just because it defines its views a bit more clearly with the help of stupid Islamic extremists who clearly do not A from B. Furthermore, IMHO Islamic extremists should be hanged before they hang anyone else!!

Doona

Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:24 pm

homosexuals deserve a severe punishment

I dislike the manner some homosexuals want to make a propaganda on themselves and to be considered as poor victims..

You mean that we are wrong to feel victimized when above opinions exist?
Sure, we're concerned for our lives. Just not as concerned as saving 9 bucks on a roundtrip to Ft. Myers.

rootsair

Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:59 pm

Avoid iran, since people have been known to get executed because of that.

GOSH!

Quoting Jacobin777 (Reply 26):
I'm Muslim and I'm against homosexuality,

Many people in the western world, I have the impression, seem forced by society to accept homosexuality as normal whilst its not!
A man without the knowledge of his past history,culture and origins is like a tree without roots

dtwclipper

Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:34 pm

I find there to be more pressing issues in the world.....

Wow, how very true (amazed to be in agreement with you!).

Quoting RootsAir (Reply 29):
Many people in the western world, I have the impression, seem forced by society to accept homosexuality as normal whilst its not!

Your opinion. I think I'm normal, therefore I am.
Compare New York Air, the Airline that works for your Business

777236ER

Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:47 pm

The only two homophobes in this thead? Religious...

I dislike the manner some homosexuals want to make a propaganda on themselves and to be considered as poor victims

It's wrong for homosexuals to feel victimised when people like yourself feel it's OK to 'severely punish' them? Pathetic.
Your bone's got a little machine

Klaus

Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:02 pm

I'm Muslim and I'm against homosexuality

I see. So are you "against" blue-eyed people as well? Or blacks? Or women? ...

It's not a "choice".

ME AVN FAN

Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:27 pm

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 30):
Your opinion. I think I'm normal, therefore I am.

THAT is a different topic. That you think you are normal does NOT necessarily prove that you ARE normal. The mental clinics would be empty if whomever thinks he is normal would be released.

I have the impression, seem forced by society to accept homosexuality as normal whilst its not!

I think, the point in modern life is not so much "normalcy" and principles etc, but tolerance in its widest imagineable way.

777236ER

Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:32 pm

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 33):
I think, the point in modern life is not so much "normalcy" and principles etc, but tolerance in its widest imagineable way.

So not suggesting that people of different sexuality to yourself should be severely punished?
Your bone's got a little machine

Emirates773ER

Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:40 pm

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 33):
THAT is a different topic. That you think you are normal does NOT necessarily prove that you ARE normal. The mental clinics would be empty if whomever thinks he is normal would be released.

rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl 

A flamefest!  yes 

ME AVN FAN

Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:43 pm

Quoting 777236ER (Reply 34):
think, the point in modern life is not so much "normalcy" and principles etc, but tolerance in its widest imagineable way.

So not suggesting that people of different sexuality to yourself should be severely punished?

Neither people of different sexuality, nor of different hobbies, nor of different religions, nor of different food/drink preferences, simply NOBODY. People just taking note of the fact that other people have other faiths, beliefs, principles, ideas, desires, vices, preferences, etc . By being tolerant, you are NOT forced to approve the "others" but simply to accept it.

ME AVN FAN

Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:46 pm

Quoting Emirates773ER (Reply 35):
A flamefest!

Not necessarily. But just imagine that whomever thinks to be president of the USA would BE president of the USA. The White House would become a happily crowded place. And if whomever THINKS to be Emperor Napoleon would sit down beside the grave in the Dome-des-Invalides and declare "here I am ! not dead but nicely alive" -- THAT also would become a heavily overcrowded place !

gigneil

Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:32 am

I'm forced to accept Muslims, but they're clearly not normal either. They're not the majority, therefore not normal.

In that vein, I guess I'm then fine with Israel's and George W. Bush's systematic destruction of their culture.

Wow, I am actually glad I read this thread. I feel like a weight has been lifted since previously I was against cultural prejudice. Thanks guys!

N

Emirates773ER

Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:30 am

Quoting Gigneil (Reply 38):
They're not the majority, therefore not normal.

1.4 billion Muslims in the world right now, religiously they are second to Christianity in terms of population.

ME AVN FAN

Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:23 pm

They're not the majority, therefore not normal.

In that vein, I guess I'm then fine with Israel's

-
the Jewish Israelis are a majority in Israel, but NOT a majority in "all-Palestine" (Israel+Palestine), and a tiny minority in the Middle East. There are more Copts and more Greek Orthodox in the area than Jews. And whenever I DISlike GWB, I would NOT say he wants to destroy anybody or anything. And to my disgust and shock find me in the role of defender of that man !

Muslims, but they're clearly not normal either. They're not the majority

You have Muslim majorities in many countries, and in other countries in many areas. Where is the country with a homosexual majority ?

I was against cultural prejudice.

well, if you love to be against religious Muslims, Christians and Jews, why not

ME AVN FAN

Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:26 pm

Quoting Emirates773ER (Reply 39):
Muslims in the world

his "world" is the USA, and there, Muslims ARE a minority. It is to be realized however that "Evangelical Christians" and religious Roman Catholics are NOT known as defenders of the rights of homosexuals.

AR385

Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:37 pm

Quoting Emirates773ER (Reply 39):
1.4 billion Muslims in the world right now, religiously they are second to Christianity in terms of population.

Would you mind telling us how you found that number?

Fumanchewd!! nice to "talk" to you again.

I am not homosexual, nor muslim, but I'm a Catholic. Catholics believe homosexuality is a mortal sin. The less radical ones, believe it's a disease and can and should be cured.

My psychiatrist, once told me that homosexuality is not "natural" as it goes against nature laws of reproduction. Now, this doctor, is considered the best in his field in Mexico, has won many awards and in the United States he is the only foreigner who has won I don't know which award, but it is the most important award given to a psychiatrist. But...those are his views.

Mexico is a country where homosexuality is tolerated and the government does not interfere on it. Thus, gay bars, clubs, baths, hotels exist openly and all over the place. In fact Monterrey, where I live, is probably the second city with an openly gay population, the first being of course Mexico City.

The problem is religion. The mayor of one city paid for displays saying that Homosexuals "are not tolerated in this county, just as stray dogs" The Federal Government got involved and reprimanded the mayor and he had to take the signs down. He was from the PAN party, which recently won the elections. They are ultra conservative and ultra catholic, most of their affiliates belonging to the Opus Dei or the Legionnaires of Chirst. I'm afraid what are they going to do with gay rights, religion at schools, and other liberal things Mexico has achieve through decades. That's why I never vote fot that party.

I do not have a problem with gay marriage, as long as few conditions are met

1. The couple has to have been together for years and in actuality have a commited relationship.
2. They are adults, not an adult and a young homosexual
3. They do not flaunt their homosexuality all around

The issue with Homosexual marriage, I believe it has to do with work and government benefits. Since one partner is not considered the "legal" spouse, he has no right to be covered by the company benefits that the other spouse is given. Even though they have been together for years, the law indicates that neither of the two can make important decisions, such as authorizing a medical procedure, "disconnecting the plug", for example, only the family can make those decisions, even though one of the spouses has talked about what he wants and has been clear to his other partner. Because of all of the above, I think Homosexual marriage needs to become legal.

The problem in Mexico is that Homosexuality has "come out of the closet" recently, and I find that Homosexuals here are somehow stuck in time. They do not seem to know what a homosexual means to be, so many of them, acquire a feminine attitude and are always trying to raise controversy. I guess this is a stage of Homosexuality "development."

I personally do not have a problem with Homosexuals. As a matter of fact, I feel flattered when I've being hit on. In fact, once the situation is clear, I've become good friends with some of my former "hitters" if I can call it that. My fiancee, on the other hand is a 100% homophobic, and if it was up to her, they should be exterminated. After many fights, I've decided to refrain from discussing the issue with her. She is not a monster, mind you, she has a lot of wonderful qualities.

What really pisses me off, is that in Mexico, some of them (a lot) are always doing a lot of ruckus, tempting the government to ban their public displays, offending the more radical Catholics and frankly, looking for trouble. I'm not saying that Homosexuals should remain underground, but at least in this country, the stage is not yet there for full tolerance by society, so they are definitely not helping their cause. It seems to me that there is a pattern of devolopment among homosexuals in countries that are slowly becoming tolerant towards homosexuality

Going back to your original question, not only Islam has issues towards homosexuality but Catholicism can be as fundamentalist on this issue as Islam.

Sorry I got carried on.

SFOMEX

Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:44 pm

Quoting RJpieces (Reply 5):
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3271831,00.html

warned gays that "if they dare to approach the Temple Mount during the World Pride 2006 parade in Jerusalem they will do so over our dead bodies."

For the sake of fairness RJpieces, it should be noted that Jewish and Christian religious leaders are also mad as hell (not pun intended) about the World Pride in J'lem. If memory serves me well, a few days ago I read in Haaretz that a famous ultra orthodox Rabbi flow from NYC to Jerusalem to lead the protests against this "abomination". I'm sure the Latin and Greek Orthodox Patriarchs of Jerusalem don't have nice words either regarding this event. It's kind of sad that the only thing that could unite Rabbis, Mullahs and Priests in Israel is their opposition to a gay event in the Holy Land.

Off-topic. It's an interesting fact that the only two World Pride celebrations so far have been in Rome and Jerusalem. It seems that the selection of these two cities was not a coincidence and rather they were picked to send a message. I'm sure that World Pride in Mecca will be the next logic option. Wow, that would something worthy to see...
The only thing worst than the GOP is the Democratic Party, think about it!

AeroWesty

Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:57 pm

Quoting AR385 (Reply 42):
They do not flaunt their homosexuality all around

It's a good thing that I don't take unsolicited advice well, because I have no intention of curbing expressing my gayness whenever, wherever or however I feel like it.

AR385

Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:53 pm

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 44):
It's a good thing that I don't take unsolicited advice well, because I have no intention of curbing expressing my gayness whenever, wherever or however I feel like it.

Great! It's your prerogative.

Doona

Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:59 pm

What do you mean by "flaunt"? I have a rainbow bracelet and key chain. It's for everyone to see, is that "flaunting" my homosexuality?

Cheers
Mats
Sure, we're concerned for our lives. Just not as concerned as saving 9 bucks on a roundtrip to Ft. Myers.

AR385

Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:31 pm

No. What I meant is acting feminine, they are called "Locas" going out in women's outfits and making hysterical scandals over something irrelevant. I doubt a Keychain or a Bracelet will cause any trouble

1. In any case, I am talking about the attitudes prevalent in Mexico, and yes, flaunting will cause you trouble, don't kill the messenger please.

2. I am not going to engage in a debate about Homosexuality or more specifically what qualifies as flaunting, so anyone who wants to question what I wrote, please start another thread.

3. This thread is about muslim religion and Homosexuality, so don't satanize me.

4. Read what I wrote carefully and don't take phrases out of context.

Thanks

AeroWesty

Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:55 pm

Quoting AR385 (Reply 47):
What I meant is acting feminine, they are called "Locas" going out in women's outfits and making hysterical scandals over something irrelevant.

Do you mean drag queens, or something else?

This thread is about muslim religion and Homosexuality, so don't satanize me.

If you've read the other threads, transexuals, transvestites and eunuchs are a popular form of entertainment at muslim weddings and other occasions. So asking you about what you brought up and is relevant to the topic is within the boundaries of this thread.

Doona

Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:13 pm

Hey, I don't think my reply was any more out of context than yours, buddy.

I just got a little rattled by this:

I do not have a problem with gay marriage, as long as few conditions are met

1. The couple has to have been together for years and in actuality have a commited relationship.
2. They are adults, not an adult and a young homosexual

Do these conditions only apply if you're a homosexual? Hell no. Except for #3, I suppose nobody minds if a straight couple flaunts themselves. Once again we come back to the basic issue, and this probably does not concern you AR385, but it's nobody's fucking business who I fall in love with, how I dress, or what kind of cocktail I order. Why do people even care?

"If it neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg"... (Something that most gays don't do, I think it is safe to say that straight people stand for most of the leg-breaking in this world...)

Cheers
Mats