futuresdpdcop

Yosemite National Park...Things To Do And See.

Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:21 am

I'm going to Yosemite on Saturday, July 22 and spending the night. Can anyone tell me what kind of things to do and see, trails to walk.

I guess we're gonna camp out in a tent at the Hodgdon Meadow campground.

Look foward to your replies.

oldman55

RE: Yosemite National Park...Things To Do And See.

Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:04 am

Well, where to start?? I am not sure where your campground is;but i will assume it is in or near Yosemite Valley.The best trail for my money. if you don,t mind some moderate huffing and puffing+ the chance to get pretty wet if the falls are still running full, is the Mist Trail to Vernal and Nevada Falls. If you don,t want to walk uphill the trails to yosemite falls, or bridalvail falls are nice also, and flat.That is just a start but for me the falls are about the most beautiful feature of the park. I am sure other people will have plenty more suggestions.
too bad most of us get too soon old and too late smart

Ps76

Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:30 am

Hi

I remember walking to Yosemite falls one day was great, also hiring bikes to just ride through the valley/meadow and Mirror Lake. Great travel memories!

P.

futuresdpdcop

Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:39 am

Quoting Oldman55 (Reply 1):
I am not sure where your campground is

Its on the west end of the park, right on the 120.

Walkin is fine. Means I'll get a great nights sleep.

oldman55

Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:53 am

Quoting FutureSDPDcop (Reply 3):
Quoting Oldman55 (Reply 1):
I am not sure where your campground is

Its on the west end of the park, right on the 120.

OK from there I might suggest taking Tioga RD.to Tuolomne Meadows and Tenaya Lake. Not as magnificent as Yosemite Valley IMHO, but very nice with the lakes and some nice alpine scenery.It would proabably be about the same distance from your campground to either yosemite Valley or tenaya lake,but i am not real positive about that. I have vistied the park several times but i live across the country in PA. P.S. just on the remote chance you aren't aware of it hwy 140 is closed west of the park
too bad most of us get too soon old and too late smart

futuresdpdcop

Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:57 am

Quoting Oldman55 (Reply 4):
just on the remote chance you aren't aware of it hwy 140 is closed west of the park

Yeah, first thing they said when we reserved our campground. Either gonna take the 41 in from the south or the 120 from the west. Gonna just go with the flow pretty much.