trekster

Ouch!

Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:05 pm

Well, i had very bad tooth ache on Firday night, kept me up all nite and VERY bad headache.
Finally managed to get a emergency appoitment today and i was SO not looking forward to it.

Anyway, the nurse was amazing. Kept me calm, even held my hand at one point.

The doc stuck a needle in me and i cringed. Then they put me back in the waiting room again while the numbness set in.
Went back in, and he showed me that it was all numb, by sticking a needle all over my gum, and could not feel it, even though he was pushing my jaw with it.
After a while he started scrapping my gum away, and finally yanked it out. I even have it. Not as painfull as i thought, but i am still numb, cant feel my lip, left side of my tounge, and gums. Cant talk. Tried eating a lolly and could not even feel it lol.

Now not allowed to work (cant do a call centre job when u cant feel ur mouth lol)

Just wanted to rant on here as i cant talk lol
Where does the time go???

Speedbirdie

RE: Ouch!

Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:16 pm

Awwww Poor Dan!!
I remember some time back in late 04 just before Christmas having severe toothache and i was crapping myself as i hadnt been to the dentist for 10 years previous. Well i plucked up the courage to go get an emergency appointment done.
Well £477 quid later, general anasthetic, I had a wisdom tooth removed and by god it hurt.
Best way to make it better?? Heinz Vegetable soup. Ive been hooked ever since. It really does the stuff..
By the way, PM me your MSN as i dont have it no more!!
Get well soon matey and if ya feeling low today, think of me stuck on sodding Airport Standby  Smile
Never give up..

mhodgson

Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:20 pm

Quoting Speedbirdie (Reply 1):
Get well soon matey and if ya feeling low today, think of me stuck on sodding Airport Standby

You are (presumably) getting duty pay while you post this, though!  Smile

I had an anaesthetic in my mouth a year ago - it was weird touching the skin around my mouth and feeling only through my hand! Eating wasn't too much of a problem, though I managed to bite the inside of my mouth a few times as I couldn't feel it!
No trees were harmed by this message. However, several million electrons were terribly inconvenienced

christeljs

Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:55 pm

Quoting Trekster (Thread starter):
Anyway, the nurse was amazing. Kept me calm, even held my hand at one point.

Amazing what you guys do just to get your hands on the nurses
 Yeah sure  Silly
Christel A Photography

Aviation

Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:03 pm

Hey trekster man, good to see everyone here still on a.net!

But, feel sorry for you I hate the dentist, prefer to get 50 stitches then go to the dentist! Even for a checkup, lol

Cheers,
Aaron
Signed, Aaron Nicoli - Trans World Airlines Collector

trekster

Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:56 pm

Quoting Christeljs (Reply 3):

If only it was a male nurse, it would of made it even better.
She was good looking though.

Numbness has gone now, and there is a dull throb where the tooth was.

Anadin in the kitchen, its goin to get used

PlymSpotter

Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:37 am

Yowch, bad luck Dan hope your ok and feeling alright soon, which tooth was it that you had to have out?

I've not had to have anything major done for about 10 years, but with 3 wisdom teeth now making their presence known, I have a feeling that I might need something done soonish.

Now, where's the trip report with lots of pictures Wink

Dan Smile
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

rolfen

Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:52 am

I absolutely hate going to the dentist.
It is a traumatising experience, no matter how much anesthetic he uses. The huge needle, all this pulling and wiggling and hearing the cracks you hear... then the hole where they used to be a teeth and all the blood... it is absolutely a traumatising experience, made even more traumatising by the fact that you went there and sat in that chair and endured this from your own free will.
rolf

trekster

Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:28 am

Quoting Rolfen (Reply 7):
it is absolutely a traumatising experience, made even more traumatising by the fact that you went there and sat in that chair and endured this from your own free will.

Yea, went there of my own free will AND paid for it as well Sad

Dan (ply) Why do u wanna see the tooth, u have already seen it. The TR would be something like "I walked slowly in the morning heat shaking casue i was S**t scared, sat in the chair, got poked in the mouth with a needle, then something was yanked out of me while my whole mouth was numb. Got feeling back at 3pm and it hurts like hell now"

That ok for ya

A340600

Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:49 am

Quoting Speedbirdie (Reply 1):
as i hadnt been to the dentist for 10 years previous.

Are you a Victorian!  

Shuddup complaining Dan, surely if your mouth was numb you couldn't feel the pain Wink

[Edited 2006-07-12 20:56:09]
Despite the name I am a Boeing man through and through!

ABfemme

Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:15 am

The doc stuck a needle in me and i cringed.

Hey in this day and age you'd think that they'd come up with a less painful way of numbing your tooth/gum ! Thought of that needle makes me cringe too - and me, a nurse !! Think I'll have the lot out and be done with it!!

Claire (gummy smile!!)
Women do not have hot flushes, they have power surges

ScarletHarlot

Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:32 am

So is it true that you Brits have bad teeth?

You guys do realize that if you went to the dentist on a regular basis and got cleanings and stuff, you wouldn't have to have your teeth pulled, right? Take this from one who hates the dentist, but hates having major dental work done even more...had this happen twice after long periods of not going to the dentist. Never again! Now I go every six months.
But that was when I ruled the world

fxramper

Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:03 am

Amazing through life's pains we can manage to get on Anet and write about it.  Smile

Glad your allright Dan!

trekster

Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:12 am

Hey guys. Just updating u. In real pain rite now.
Its really hurting at the moment. Just looked in a mirror, and its all black where the tooth was, and have a weird metalic taste in the left side of my mouth, though im told thats noramal. Just taken some anadin so hopfully will clear up, but damm damm damm it bleedin smarts to high heaven.
Proberbly me but it looks like part of the tooth is still in there which i know its not as i have it in my hand, bit of white.

If this pain gets worse, goin to the docs to see what they can do.

More money down the drain
OUCH OUCH OUCH

legoguy

Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:29 am

Not as painfull as i thought, but i am still numb, cant feel my lip, left side of my tounge, and gums.

Ahh that reminds me of when I had 3 teeth out ages ago. When half of your mouth in numb, afterwards when you smile you think that your lip is just hanging there when its not really. It makes you feel stupid  Smile

Quoting Trekster (Reply 13):
In real pain rite now.

Why did you get the tooth out?
Can you say 'Beer Can' without sounding like a Jamaican saying 'Bacon'?

trekster

Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:37 am

Thanks lego. Thats exactly how it felt lol

Tooth came out as it was in pain, and something wrong with it. Guy said best for it to come out

legoguy

Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:54 am

Quoting Trekster (Reply 15):

You gotta love the metalic taste  Smile If I remember correctly the pain shouldn't last too long after wards so you should be grand in afew days time  Smile
Can you say 'Beer Can' without sounding like a Jamaican saying 'Bacon'?