Christa
Topic Author

Let's All Change Our Flags To Israel

Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:43 am

Like we did for Denmark during the cartoon saga, let's temporarily change our flags to Israel to show our support.  yes 
Croeso i Faes Awyr Rhyngwladol Caerdydd - Welcome to Cardiff International Airport

LTU932

RE: Let's All Change Our Flags To Israel

Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:45 am

What's the point of it? I mean, it's good enough to change our flags during a major tournament to show support, but for political support? I don't think so. It would need more than that for me to change my flag.

Newark777

Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:45 am

I honestly don't have a side in this one, I don't like either of them, and I am one happy American, thank you very much.

Harry
Why grab a Heine when you can grab a Busch?

aloges

Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:46 am

I'll keep my flag, thank you very much.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

ArtieFufkin

Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:46 am

Whoopeee!

Just nobody mention the 10 children killed yesterday by Israeli shelling.

That would be a bummer.

Christa
Topic Author

Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:48 am

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 1):
What's the point of it? I mean, it's good enough to change our flags during a major tournament to show support, but for political support? I don't think so. It would need more than that for me to change my flag.

The Denmark/Cartoon situation was political, I changed my flag then. All I am doing is encouraging support for Israel during this difficult period.
Croeso i Faes Awyr Rhyngwladol Caerdydd - Welcome to Cardiff International Airport

rjpieces

Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:48 am

I'll say what I said in the other thread:
I don't see a need to change my flag in this case. I think that that American flag stands for what is right, and we all know what is right when a terrorist entity attacks a soverign democratic state. I am very proud that America supports Israel and that is enough for me.
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon"

AirPacific747

Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:49 am

Quoting Newark777 (Reply 2):

Like Harry said. Except I am one happy Dane instead  Smile

Christa
Topic Author

Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:50 am

Quoting ArtieFufkin (Reply 4):
Whoopeee!

Just nobody mention the 10 children killed yesterday by Israeli shelling.

That would be a bummer.

What about the suicide bombings that occur in Israel where innocent civilians (sometimes not even Israeli) are killed, shall we not mention those?

Newark777

Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:51 am

Quoting Christa (Reply 8):
shall we not mention those?

Please don't, it will insult the Palestinians.  Yeah sure

Harry

dc863

Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:53 am

Here you go, I changed mine. I fully support Israel in it's fight against the aggressor.

Christa
Topic Author

Quoting RJpieces (Reply 6):
I'll say what I said in the other thread:
I don't see a need to change my flag in this case. I think that that American flag stands for what is right, and we all know what is right when a terrorist entity attacks a soverign democratic state. I am very proud that America supports Israel and that is enough for me.

Sounds fair enough to me. As long as people don't mind me changing my flag to show support for Israel. As well as encouraging support for Israel by creating this thread.

Regards,
Chris

LO231

Yes, as I mentioned before, that would help get Israel EU-membership!!! Aren't they in Europe yet? Wonder why... {sarcasm off}

Let's all do it. NOT.

Welcome to the 21st century. I'll keep the flag thanks. Both sides are guilty, but civilians are not.

Regards,
LO231

PS. And that piece of president of the US says "they have a right to defend themselves".

2 soldiers taken hostage, let's bomb the country that supports Hezbolah. Well, why don't we bomb North Korea, Iran, Syria and all the rest we don't agree with?

{anger off}
Got both LO 788 frames already, next LO E95 and 734 BRU-WAW-BRU

Christa
Topic Author

Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:55 am

Quoting LO231 (Reply 12):
2 soldiers taken hostage, let's bomb the country that supports Hezbolah. Well, why don't we bomb North Korea, Iran, Syria and all the rest we don't agree with?

They'll get bombed eventually... duck 

Newark777

Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:57 am

Quoting Christa (Reply 13):
They'll get bombed eventually...

That's why my favorite drinking game is Beirut.

We all get bombed!  Smile

Similar to a Pearl Harbor Party, or getting Nagasakid.

Harry

LO231

Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:58 am

Quoting Christa (Reply 13):
Quoting LO231 (Reply 12):

They'll get bombed eventually...

Only if Israel and the piece of president of the US decides so.  Wink

Regards,
LO231
Got both LO 788 frames already, next LO E95 and 734 BRU-WAW-BRU

aloges

Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:01 am

Quoting Newark777 (Reply 14):
Similar to a Pearl Harbor Party, or getting Nagasakid.

That's seriously fucked up.  Silly

solarix

Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:01 am

I fully support Israel but I support my country more, so the flag stays as is.
Bong Hits 4 Jesus

Newark777

Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:15 am

Quoting Aloges (Reply 16):
That's seriously fucked up.

So are we after we get Nagasakid.  Wink

Harry

irelayer

Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:23 am

Ok hang on a second. Show support? For what? For senseless destruction and killing? For needless attacks on a soverign nation that is trying to rebuild after years of internal violence? Why would we show support for a government who has escalated the conflict ten-fold since their soldier was captured...some would say beyond the point where it is a reasonable, measured response to such an act?

The Denmark saga was trivial in comparison to this. People are dying here...please understand that before you start a thread comparing the two.

-IR

[Edited 2006-07-14 00:25:16]

jpetekyxmd80

Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:38 am

OVER MY DEAD BODY

filler
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

Christa
Topic Author

Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:39 am

Quoting IRelayer (Reply 20):
Ok hang on a second. Show support? For what? For senseless destruction and killing? For needless attacks on a soverign nation that is trying to rebuild after years of internal violence?

Showing support for a country that I believe is in the right and even though they attempt to negotiate and act in a sensible manner, always seem to be under attack from Palestine or other neighbouring countries.

Wouldn't it be nice if maybe Israeli's could feel safe sitting in a cafe, not having to worry about a suicide bomber blowing himself/herself up!?

Why would we show support for a government who has escalated the conflict ten-fold since their soldier was captured...some would say beyond the point where it is a reasonable, measured response to such an act?

They tried to negotiate and use non-violent methods but they failed. Other people would see the measures taken by Israel as reasonable and justified.

The Denmark saga was trivial in comparison to this. People are dying here...please understand that before you start a thread comparing the two.

A lot of those protests from Muslims over the cartoons seemed to provoke violence and hate, in my opinion!

Regards,
Chris

JAGflyer

Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:41 am

I support Israel.

Yisrael hazak v'amatz!

[Edited 2006-07-14 00:42:18]
Support the beer and soda can industry, your recycle old airplanes!

mika

Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:50 am

Is there a flag for empathy, respect and understanding of your fellow man? Then show that to me because that´s the only flag i want to represent in this ordeal.

Subjectivity is one thing that this conflict absolutely dont need more of.

kanebear

Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:56 am

Ok hang on a second. Show support? For what? For senseless destruction and killing? For needless attacks on a soverign nation that is trying to rebuild after years of internal violence? Why would we show support for a government who has escalated the conflict ten-fold since their soldier was captured...some would say beyond the point where it is a reasonable, measured response to such an act?

People have been dying for years at the hands of suicide bombers and terrorists firing rockets from southern Lebanon. I don't see you shedding any tears for those civilians. Why not?

I'm 'flying' the Lebanese flag out of respect for those who died in this action. I hope that Israel and Lebanon can cooperate more closely to secure Lebanon and eradicate terrorism. Do you think Israel would not welcome such co-operation?

[Edited 2006-07-14 01:01:04]

N1120A

Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:02 am

Quoting RJpieces (Reply 6):
I think that that American flag stands for what is right, and we all know what is right when a terrorist entity attacks a soverign democratic state.

So, are you admitting to Israel committing terrorist attacks against Lebanon?  sarcastic 
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

AirPacific747

Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:03 am

People in Asia died due to the Muhammed crisis as well, although a very small number of people and I totally agree with you! Just saying  Smile

skyman

Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:04 am

I will not change my flag. This conflict is horrible and no side is able to justify their actions. If they want to start a new war there and kill each other fine, but not with my support.

jafa39

Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:11 am

The Israel situation has been fucked-up for as long as Israel has existed, in the beginning there were things said and attitudes raised that were outrageously provocative considering how Israel came about as a country.

I cannot and will not support either them, Palestine or any other country from the "Holy Land", time the whole Middle East took a deep breath and a long hard look at themselves, performing such atrocities in the lands where Jesus trod.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no card carrying Christian but really, what a bombed out crap-hole the Biblical lands have become...mind you, as the Bible shows, they've been at each others throats since God was in short pants and I don't see them stopping anytime soon, not until the leaders start to grow up and learn to keep their toys in the pram.

So for now, my flag stays as it is.
We, the undersigned, do hereby consent.....

stylo777

Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:36 am

Quoting JpetekYXMD80 (Reply 21):
OVER MY DEAD BODY

totally agree with you man!

RichardPrice

Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:36 am

Quoting Christa (Reply 8):
What about the suicide bombings that occur in Israel where innocent civilians (sometimes not even Israeli) are killed, shall we not mention those?

This isnt tit for tat, by justifying the deaths of innocents through saying 'but the other side does it as well' you are putting Israel on the same level as terrorist organisations.

jfk69

Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:38 am

Quoting Jafa39 (Reply 32):

"I cannot and will not support either them, Palestine or any other country from the "Holy Land", time the whole Middle East took a deep breath and a long hard look at themselves, performing such atrocities in the lands where Jesus trod."

Aren't these the same palestinians, hamas, and hezbollah terrorists that took up shelter inside the church of the nativity a few years back? If I recall they desecrated and destroyed the place. They hate christians just as much as they hate jews. Yes jews, not Israeli's but Jews.

NeilYYZ

Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:40 am

I support them 100%. So there it is.
It may be too early to drink scotch... But it is NEVER too early to think about it...

N174UA

Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:43 am

I'm not. I don't support Israel, and I don't support the Palestinians. They're both terrorists using their religion to justify their actions.

These morons (both sides) don't want peace. No one seems willing to work hard enough to secure a lasting peace over there. They'd rather kill each other. There won't be Middle East peace, there hasn't been for what, 2000 years now, if not more?

It will never happen, but if the United States wanted to reduce/cut it's current budget deficit and foreign debt, all it has to do is cut off aid to BOTH sides. And while we're at it, we got rid of the Iraqi dictator when no one else had the balls to step and and lead the effort. But our work there is done now, too...time to bring home our troops and put their knowledge and resources to better use here.

Let the chips fall as they may. I truly don't give a shit anymore. Sorry...go cry on someone else's shoulder. Maybe I'm just another American who doesn't know any better, but I'm soooooo tired of hearing about repeated violence day after day after day. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

[Edited 2006-07-14 01:52:36]

[Edited 2006-07-14 01:55:11]

aloges

Quoting Stylo777 (Reply 34):
Quoting JpetekYXMD80 (Reply 21):
OVER MY DEAD BODY

totally agree with you man!

I think we've seen enough dead bodies over the last 72 hours.

gigneil

Thanks to this thread, I have changed my flag appropriately.

N

Falcon84

Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:00 am

Quoting Gigneil (Reply 40):
Thanks to this thread, I have changed my flag appropriately.

I changed mine before this thread. I refuse to support the terrorists, or their masters in Syria and Iran.
Work Right, Fly Hard

Aleksandar

Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:00 am

First, I have no reason to change my flag. I'm proud Serb and as such, was disrespected and abused here in the past. A very dear friend of mine is Lebanese, and I sent him e-mail to ask how his family back home is. It would mean more than the flag.

Show support? For what? For senseless destruction and killing?

Seems so  Yeah sure

Quoting N1120A (Reply 29):
So, are you admitting to Israel committing terrorist attacks against Lebanon?

Surprisingly, but I think you're right.  Silly

My support goes to immediate ceasefire.
R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Christa
Topic Author

Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:06 am

Quoting RichardPrice (Reply 35):
This isnt tit for tat, by justifying the deaths of innocents through saying 'but the other side does it as well' you are putting Israel on the same level as terrorist organisations.

I was only pointing out that you have to understand the way the Israeli's feel.

Regards,
Chris

N1120A

Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:11 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 41):
I refuse to support the terrorists

Then why keep supporting Israel?

Christa
Topic Author

Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:15 am

Quoting N1120A (Reply 44):
Then why keep supporting Israel?

It's a question of judgement, surely?

I believe that Israel are trying to protect their borders and rescue their captured soldiers. Hezbollah are the terrorists in my eyes.

Regards,
Chris

N1120A

Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:18 am

Quoting Christa (Reply 45):
I believe that Israel are trying to protect their borders and rescue their captured soldiers.

And Lebanon's borders? I guess they mean absolutely nothing, particularly civilian targets.

gigneil

Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:20 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 41):
I changed mine before this thread. I refuse to support the terrorists, or their masters in Syria and Iran.

I actually changed mine to Lebanon.

The bombing of a major international airport, a huge international roadway, and the blockade of major shipping ports is both irrational and irresponsible and cannot be tolerated.

N

jpetekyxmd80

Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:23 am

Quoting Christa (Reply 45):

I believe that Israel are trying to protect their borders and rescue their captured soldiers.

2 soldiers, and they were taken for bargaining measures. Did you see the US start bombing the hell out of Iran in 1979, on a much greater scale too. This is nothing but a power play by Israel who is behaving unbelivably arrogantly and seemingly immune to diplomacy. They are now threatening Syria and looking for a much more widespread conflict. The only reason their ego is driven up this high is the continuous blind support from the US government, their 'best friend'. Israel's pretty damn lucky that i'm not calling the shots for the US right now. To them I say: fuck off, Israel. You fight your own battles and if you come crying for help, you won't get it here, this Lebanon thing is your mess. Then again, theres nothing to worry about. The US has already exercised their UNSC veto (first time in 2 years) on a resolution that condemned the attack and demanded Israel halt its military offensive, the sole veto.

[Edited 2006-07-14 02:46:18]

panaman

Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:28 am

I'm in! . . . . . . . . .
Sorry I moved from SXM, looking for a new house on Anguilla now!

Christa
Topic Author

Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:28 am

Quoting N1120A (Reply 46):
And Lebanon's borders? I guess they mean absolutely nothing, particularly civilian targets.

Well maybe if Hezbollah wasn't represented in the Lebanese parliament and if the government and domestic security forces were able to minimize Hezbollah operations, maybe then I could understand. Until then, I see no reason why Israel should not be allowed to carry out the action its currently taking.

Regards,
Chris

gpeso

Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:37 am

Because I support my Israeli brothers....I will join in too.

jpetekyxmd80

Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:39 am

Yay! Lets go kill some more innocent civilians in a neighboring country!!

Signed,

This thread

Christa
Topic Author

Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:41 am

Quoting JpetekYXMD80 (Reply 52):
Yay! Lets go kill some more innocent civilians in a neighboring country!!

I think that should be quoted in every single thread connected to Hamas and other terrorist organisations in Palestine.

Regards,
Chris

jpetekyxmd80

Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:43 am

Quoting Christa (Reply 53):
I think that should be quoted in every single thread connected to Hamas and other terrorist organisations in Palestine.

We're not talking about Palestine now, are we? You are using actions taken by another group upon Israel as justification for similar actions on a totally different nation. Smart, real smart. What kind of logic is that?

Thats akin to a 'i know you are, but what am i?' post. By this are you saying that this is terrorism by Israel?

[Edited 2006-07-14 02:45:09]