Stealthz

Outrage & Anger- Hypocrites

Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:29 am

Understandable to some extent, the amount of outrage and anger over Israel's latest actions in Lebanon.

What I don't understand is why we do not see all these angry posts when the shitbags kill 200 people in Mumbai trains or blow up a bus in Tel Aviv or detonate a bomb that kills scores of Iraqi's who just want to join the police force and make things better.

Quite frankly I find most of you more than a little hypocritical

Regards
If your camera sends text messages, that could explain why your photos are rubbish!

damirc

RE: Outrage & Anger- Hypocrites

Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:34 am

Quoting StealthZ (Thread starter):
What I don't understand is why we do not see all these angry posts when the shitbags kill 200 people in Mumbai trains or blow up a bus in Tel Aviv or detonate a bomb that kills scores of Iraqi's who just want to join the police force and make things better.

You cannot throw these separate situations in one pot. What you are trying to imply here is the fact, that the Muslim religion is responsible for all the mess. Totally wrong.

Any sane person will always condemn a terrorist attack - no matter who did it, and who the victims were. There is no excuse for a terrorist attack - ever. But it is always good to try to uncover the reason why a terrorist attack occured. It is impossible to stop the terrorists - you may catch 99% of them, but 1% will still do their dirty deed. Try to figure out why a terrorist attack has happened, and see whether there is anything you can do about the reason.

Terrorist attacks typically do happen for a reason, and the reason itself is rarely simplistic in nature.

D.

Edit: brain fa*t.

[Edited 2006-07-14 03:48:02]

okelleynyc

Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:35 am

Or Darfur, Congo, Somalia, Ethiopia, Mayanmar, Liberia, Sri Lanka, Bali, East Timor....

You're absolutely right though...
Just give me my Vario, my Ozone Mojo and a gorgeous day of soaring.

aloges

Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:35 am

You make friends quickly, don't you?
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

jpetekyxmd80

Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:38 am

What I don't understand is why we do not see all these angry posts when the shitbags kill 200 people in Mumbai trains

The faction resonsible can't be even really identified at this point. They are two very different situations. The majority of people are much more familiar with the situation in the middle east already, and bring these emotions and biases to the table. I'm not sure exactly what you're getting at with the hypocrisy.
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

CRGsFuture

Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:42 am

And another problem with Mumbai is India has atleast 2 or 3 major non-Muslim terrorist cells.
Flying you to your destination; your girlfriend to her dreams.

nycflyer

Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:45 am

Quoting Damirc (Reply 1):
Any sane person will always condone a terrorist attack

I think you mean "condemn" instead of condone, but no matter, I hear you.

Back to the subject, I think it's not so much hypocriscy, as the imbalance in media attention.

Stealthz

Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:45 am

Quoting Damirc (Reply 1):
What you are trying to imply here is the fact, that the Muslim religion is responsible for all the mess. Totally wrong.

I was not implying anything, I just listed a few examples which were added to in reply 2 but if you see a pattern so be it.

BTW with a little knowledge of religions, I do know that the Muslim religion is NOT responsible for any of this, However there are those that misrepresent and distort that religion for their own ungodly purposes that ARE responsible for much of it!!
If your camera sends text messages, that could explain why your photos are rubbish!

damirc

Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:47 am

Quoting NYCFlyer (Reply 6):
I think you mean "condemn" instead of condone, but no matter, I hear you.

Ooops. Sorry. Yes. condemn is the word I wanted to use. Sorry.  Smile Thanks for correcting me.

D.