QXatFAT
Topic Author

World Cup Of Softball

Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:22 am

Today is the Canada vs USA softball game. Looks like World Cup goes behond just Futbol. (I wish the name would be copy righted though  Yeah sure) The game so far is 0-0. Yesturday USA beat Great Britian. Is anyone watching these games?
Don't Tread On Me!

Newark777

RE: World Cup Of Softball

Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:24 am

Quoting QXatFAT (Thread starter):
Is anyone watching these games?

Softball? No.  no 

Harry
Why grab a Heine when you can grab a Busch?

KROC

Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:30 am

I watched the U.S. V GB yesterday and was rewarded by watching Jennie Finch pitch for an inning.  Wink

ZKSUJ

Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:38 am

Go NZ!!! Big grin

filler

filler

SUJ

QXatFAT
Topic Author

Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:54 pm

Haha Jennie. Well Jamie Southerlen is from my home city of FAT. She played for the Fresno State Bulldogs.

I guess that another 16 teams are getting together in August/September in a Asian country to play another big softball tournament. I played baseball all threw high school so this is why I am interested in this tournament. Considering as well we will see more of these tournaments on T.V. now on ESPN and ESPN2 because of the vote out of the olympics. I am a big fan of the World Baseball Classic as I flew to PHX to watch the pool play and then flew down to LAX to see some more games.
Don't Tread On Me!

Derico

Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:39 pm

I honestly didn't think there were enough teams for such a sport to have a World Cup, so that is interesting. But, if there is now a World Cup for Horseball, an Argentine sport, why not...

That said, the caliber of the opposition can't be that good, as I'm sure only two teams are 'good' and the rest are not much more than patched up opposition. It has absolutely no comparison to baseball, much less football (soccer).

The Basketball World Championships are coming soon, that does generate a lot more attention, increasingly.
My internet was not shut down, the internet has shut me down

QXatFAT
Topic Author

Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:49 am

Yes I agree. Caliber of play is not that high. The Japan team and the USA team seem to be the only real good players. Although, maybe if softball gets put back into the Olympics we could see play jump back up again. I mean Greece has a pretty decient team that they showed us. I would think Mexico would have a team seeing baseball and futbol is big down there what do the ladies play? I just dont think Europe is any kind of a baseball continent. It will always be North America, Central America, and Asia.
Don't Tread On Me!