BA
Topic Author

Israel Destroys UAE Relief Truck In Lebanon

Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:43 am

Israel destroyed a UAE relief truck carrying on medical supplies donated by the government of the United Arab Emirates in Lebanon. The driver of the truck was killed.

It was in a convoy that included 15 ambulances, part of an initial batch of 24 that the UAE flew in to Damascus on a UAE Antonov AN-124.

The last 9 will be delivered tommorow.

The UAE has pledged $20 million worth of humanitarian aid.

Saudi Arabia has pledged $90 million worth of humanitarian aid and Kuwait has pledged $20 million of humanitarian aid.

Bhebek ya Lebnan
"Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need." - Khalil Gibran

jetjack74

RE: Israel Destroys UAE Relief Truck In Lebanon

Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:56 am

Quoting BA (Thread starter):
Israel destroyed a UAE relief truck carrying on medical supplies donated by the government of the United Arab Emirates in Lebanon.

Probably was loaded with weapons and ammunition
Made from jets!

qr332

Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:01 am

Quoting Jetjack74 (Reply 1):

This is just a bad joke, right? Please tell me you don't really think the UAE was sending weapons to Lebanon disguised as humanitarian aid!
"The greatest threat to knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

aloges

Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:01 am

I was going to ask how long it would take until someone would post this...

[Edited 2006-07-18 20:14:23]
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Alessandro

Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:02 am

That´s the cost of war, especially when one part is using the civilian population as a hiding place.
From New Yorqatar to Califarbia...

Scorpio

Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:05 am

You have GOT to be kidding me. I've read some crazy shit on here through the years, but that one absolutely takes the cake. You should be ashamed of yourself for acting like such an incredible asshole.

jetjack74

Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:16 am

Quoting QR332 (Reply 2):
This is just a bad joke, right? Please tell me you don't really think the UAE was sending weapons to Lebanon disguised as humanitarian aid!

No, it not a joke. I'm dead serious. You think that Hezbollah wouldn't try and use those means to wage war? They're no different to those crackpot that strap bombs to torso's aof 4 year-old boys, and have them walk into a checkpoint of Israeli soldiers. Of course you don't.
If the Israeli Air Force suspected it as a strategic target, that most likely it was. Anytime medical supplies are going to a place that is propping up Hezbollah, Hamas , or Islamic Jihad, makes me skeptical that ratbags wouldn't try and transport and resupply the terrorists disguised as and under the cover of "medical" supplies.

Quoting Aloges (Reply 3):
I was going to ask how long it would take until someone would post this...

Didn't take long

Long live Israel

[Edited 2006-07-18 20:20:24]
Made from jets!

aloges

Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:22 am

Quoting Jetjack74 (Reply 6):
Anytime medical supplies are going to a place that is propping up Hezbollah, Hamas , or Islamic Jihad, makes me skeptical that ratbags would try and transport and resupply the terrorists disguised as and under the cover of "medical" supplies.

You might want to check where those vehicles came from: the UAE. That place needs stability more than any other in the Persian Gulf region, so why would they of all people make themselves targets by supplying arms to Hezbollah?

Long live Israel

and Lebanon and Jordan and so on

AeroWesty

Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:23 am

It seems totally unplausible to me that Israeli intelligence could determine that one particular ambulance or relief van would be stuffed to the gills with munitions or 4-year-old martyrs.

Humanitarian relief should be respected on all sides, and the trust such efforts are given never broken.
International Homo of Mystery

AGM100

Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:23 am

Quoting BA (Thread starter):
Israel destroyed a UAE relief truck carrying on medical supplies donated by the government of the United Arab Emirates in Lebanon. The driver of the truck was killed.

Source ? checked Reuters , CNN,BBC,FOX did not see any info.
You dig the hole .. I fill the hole . 100% employment !

ME AVN FAN

Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:33 am

stop talking such rubbish

Quoting Alessandro (Reply 4):
That´s the cost of war, especially when one part is using the civilian population as a hiding place.

"one part" ? nonsense, Hizbullah is a minority movement in a small part of a minority area, and is NOT "uising the civilian population as a hiding place" !!

No, it not a joke. I'm dead serious. You think that Hezbollah wouldn't try and use those means to wage war?

Dead silly then. It is the UAE UNITED ARAB EMIRATES and NOT Hizbullah. Hizbullah canNOT try to use UAE supplies !!!

ly7e7

Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:34 am

IDF warned that ANY truck movement in South Lebanon and along the Syrian border will be intercepted.
2 things are endless: ignorance and space

andessmf

Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:35 am

Quoting Scorpio (Reply 5):
You have GOT to be kidding me. I've read some crazy shit on here through the years, but that one absolutely takes the cake. You should be ashamed of yourself for acting like such an incredible asshole.

This report is unverified at the moment. Could be the same as the report of Israel bombing Syria (false).

As to ambulances and their reported use, I couldn't find any other verification, but I found many reports like this, all from Israeli sources only.

http://www.israelnewsagency.com/pale...tinianambulancesterrorism1009.html

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 8):

Humanitarian relief should be respected on all sides, and the trust such efforts are given never broken.

Well said, my...man?

Scorpio

Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:38 am

Quoting LY7E7 (Reply 11):
IDF warned that ANY truck movement in South Lebanon and along the Syrian border will be intercepted

This was in a convoy with clearly marked ambulances. There is no excuse for attacking those. None.

FOMEA

Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:39 am

Or they were Loaded with Inocent civillians and Kids. sarcastic 

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Regards
F-OMEA.
On the internet you can be anything you want..its strange so many choose to be Stupid.

ArtieFufkin

Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:39 am

Here's what the Bible would say to those who rationalize actions which kill children.

""Suffer the little children to come to me, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven" (Mt. 19: 14). "Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me; but whoever offends one of these little ones who believe in me, it would be better for to have a millstone fastened round his neck and that he be drowned in the depth of the sea" (Mt. 18: 5-6). "See that you do not despise one of these little ones; for I tell you that their angels do always behold the face of my Father who is in heaven" (Mt. 18: 10)

http://noquarter.typepad.com/.shared...gorized/injured_lebanese_child.jpg

ME AVN FAN

Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:42 am

IDF warned that ANY truck movement in South Lebanon and along the Syrian border will be intercepted.

an absolutely immoral, illegal, detestable and inacceptable warning. It neither is justification nor legalisation of brutal force and murder.
-

qr332

Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:42 am

No, it not a joke. I'm dead serious. You think that Hezbollah wouldn't try and use those means to wage war? They're no different to those crackpot that strap bombs to torso's aof 4 year-old boys, and have them walk into a checkpoint of Israeli soldiers. Of course you don't.

Pathetic... why the hell would the UAE send Hezbollah arms? I mean, if it was Iran, i'd understand some part of your twisted logic, but the UAE?!

If the Israeli Air Force suspected it as a strategic target, that most likely it was. Anytime medical supplies are going to a place that is propping up Hezbollah, Hamas , or Islamic Jihad, makes me skeptical that ratbags wouldn't try and transport and resupply the terrorists disguised as and under the cover of "medical" supplies.

Great, you might as well advocate locking them up and starving them then.

LY, are you defending the hitting of a truck full of humanitarian aid?
"The greatest threat to knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

Scorpio

Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:43 am

Quoting AndesSMF (Reply 12):
This report is unverified at the moment.

My response wasn't to the attack itself, but to JetJack's ridiculously assinine response to it.

soups

Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:45 am

Israel warned ALL trucks in movemnet between beirut and tripoli will be bombed regardless if its empty, full of citizens, full of medication!
Next destinations, Suarabaya, beirut, paris, Accra

Scorpio

Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:46 am

Quoting QR332 (Reply 17):
Pathetic... why the hell would the UAE send Hezbollah arms? I mean, if it was Iran, i'd understand some part of your twisted logic, but the UAE?!

UAE, Iran, who cares? Dem towelheads are all the same.

Signed,
JetJack.

andessmf

Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:51 am

Quoting Scorpio (Reply 18):

My response wasn't to the attack itself, but to JetJack's ridiculously assinine response to it.

I understand that, however, please see my post above where Israel claims that ambulances have indeed been used for non-humanitarian purposes.

ME AVN FAN

Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:52 am

-
THAT at least is how I understood him. He regards such hits as justified, legalized (by HIS government), and positive !

soups

Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:53 am

Quoting AndesSMF (Reply 21):
where Israel claims

Claims.... not confirmed.. Israel can claim anything
Next destinations, Suarabaya, beirut, paris, Accra

soyuzavia

Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:55 am

You should be ashamed of yourself for acting like such an incredible asshole.

Nah, no-one could be that good an actor. It is a case of him actually being one.

Difference between intercepted and blowing up.

What Israel is doing is intentionally targetting the civilian population. First the airport, then the port, lighthouses, roads, bridges, buses, this truck and a fricking cheese factory! No better than Hezbollah (who for the most part only attack Israeli military). Both sides need to wake the fuck up.

BA
Topic Author

Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:55 am

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 10):
stop talking such rubbish

My advice for you is to just ignore him. You are giving him just what he wants, attention.

Quoting AndesSMF (Reply 12):
This report is unverified at the moment.

It's been verified.

A truck carrying medical supplies donated by the United Arab Emirates was hit and its driver killed on the Beirut-Damascus highway, the Health Ministry said.

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsAr...L11538533_RTRUKOC_0_US-MIDEAST.xml

Details here:
http://breakingnews.iol.ie/news/story.asp?j=189440274&p=y8944x98x

Speaking of the UAE, where are those UAE F-16s when you need them?

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Berry Vissers - Aero Image
View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Mick Bajcar

For the record, the Lebanese Interior Ministry has been keeping a close track of all Israeli strikes against Lebanon. Of the more than 1000 Israeli strikes, only a couple dozen have been against Hezbollah targets.

Bhebek ya Lebnan
"Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need." - Khalil Gibran

Alessandro

Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:56 am

So you seriously think Hizbollah is a proper fighting force with uniforms, marked vehicles and who stay away from urban areas? Think again...
From New Yorqatar to Califarbia...

jetjack74

Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:57 am

Quoting Aloges (Reply 7):
You might want to check where those vehicles came from: the UAE.

I know where they came from, and it makes no difference. And you think the UAE has constant supervison over these medical vehicles/supplies from the time they rolled off the plane? I don't trust the Lebanese anymore than the Iranians, Saudis and most other countries when a conflict breaks out with the Israelis. Lebanon has hosted Hezbollah in the south for years. Yeah, you can really count on the Lebanese.

It seems totally unplausible to me that Israeli intelligence could determine that one particular ambulance or relief van would be stuffed to the gills with munitions or 4-year-old martyrs.

Most likely not, but they could carrying rockets, shells, a host of different munitions. Considering the tactics used buy guerillas in other conflicts, makes me think that using humanitarian supplies could be an effective way of transporting supplies for the terrorists. It's how rogue terrorists fight, Use the disguise the arms as humanitarian aid. And when these vigilantes are caught, the UN, the American left will demand Geneva conventions and human rights for these excrements.

You're so right, it should. But the Israelis aren't fighting a country, they're fighting an ideology, which glorifies death and destruction. The humanitiarian guise seems to contradict the cause. I thought these were the people that wanted to die (Hezbollah and their supporters).

Quoting Aloges (Reply 7):
That place needs stability more than any other in the Persian Gulf region, so why would they of all people make themselves targets by supplying arms to Hezbollah?

Because they(the gov't/royal family) are INSANE IDIOTS(remember, the UAE was the only gov't to recognise the Taliban, and had diplomatic relations with them). Stability and prosperity is what the Islamo-facists regard as the poisen of the west. Lebanon has been on the fringe since this whole thing started in the 1960's. The last 10 years have merely been the eye in the hurricane over Beirut. Just the other day while on my vacation in Catalina, I read an article in AP, that in Damascus, the Syrians, Lebanese, as well as some Jordanians, and host of other Arab and Middle East nations were EXCITED about a war with Israel while jumping around in the streets with portraits of these nutcase Hezbollah clerics. Peace and prosperity is the furthest on the mind of those muslim world(I don't buy it for a second). If the UAE was so concerned about casualties, then why didn't they send ambulances, and medical supplies to Israel?
Made from jets!

jpetekyxmd80

Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:03 am

Quoting Jetjack74 (Reply 27):
But the Israelis aren't fighting a country, they're fighting an ideology, which glorifies death and destruction.

Oh, of course. And an entire country full of good, innocent people to boot.

Nice to see you loved, Jack.
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

andessmf

Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:04 am

Quoting Soyuzavia (Reply 24):
What Israel is doing is intentionally targetting the civilian population. First the airport, then the port, lighthouses, roads, bridges, buses, this truck and a fricking cheese factory! No better than Hezbollah (who for the most part only attack Israeli military).

The same as Hezbollah, then, since they started by bombing military and civilian targets. Hezbollah has not limited their attacks to military targets.

Quoting Soups (Reply 23):

Claims.... not confirmed.. Israel can claim anything

So can Hezbollah and Lebanon. Have you read, for example, what actually happened during the 'Jenin Massacre'?

Pulkovokiwi

Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:06 am

Israeli intelligence????????????????????????
I thought I was wrong but I was only joking!

AeroWesty

Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:06 am

Quoting BA (Reply 25):

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsAr...T.xml

Buried in the middle of the same article:

"An air strike on a Lebanese army barracks east of Beirut killed 11 soldiers, including four officers, and wounded 30."

I just don't know what to say. Both these acts go against everything Israel should be fighting for.

I won't directly quote someone else's post, since it will most likely be deleted, but I'll end with that we can't assume that everyone in the mideast is a terrorist, or are up to no good. I've no problem with checking trucks as they move along the border. Nations all over the world board ships to verify they're clean before proceeding. But to make an air strike on what looks to be an unverified target, and on Lebanese army barracks, is simply inexcusable.
International Homo of Mystery

jetjack74

Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:08 am

Quoting BA (Reply 25):
You are giving him just what he wants, attention.

No, just wanted to inject a real opposing point of view, because largely the sentiment on here would be anti-Israeli, which it was.

Quoting Scorpio (Reply 20):

No, but they're all the same to you.

Becuase the UAE, Qatar, SA, and every other muslim nation would jump at the chance to help a terrorist organisation fight Israel. Blind as a bat, QR.

Great, you might as well advocate locking them up and starving them then.

Hezbollah, Islamic Jihad, Hamas? Absolutely.

Quoting FOMEA (Reply 14):
Or they were Loaded with Inocent civillians and Kids.

This was probably a dry run, to see it IAF was serious, and they were. Blame the Lebanese gov't.
Made from jets!

Scorpio

Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:11 am

Quoting Jetjack74 (Reply 32):
No, but they're all the same to you.

Please clarify...

jacobin777

Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:14 am

checkmark 

yes...

I understand that, however, please see my post above where Israel claims that ambulances have indeed been used for non-humanitarian purposes.

and that still doesn't give them a right to hit humanitarian vehicles...

Quoting Soyuzavia (Reply 24):
Nah, no-one could be that good an actor. It is a case of him actually being one.

checkmark 

Quoting BA (Reply 25):

For the record, the Lebanese Interior Ministry has been keeping a close track of all Israeli strikes against Lebanon. Of the more than 1000 Israeli strikes, only a couple dozen have been against Hezbollah targets.

so much for the "smart targeting" by the Israelis.......from those numbes, only a whopping 2.4% have hit Hezbollah targets.. sarcastic 

EXCITED about a war with Israel while jumping around in the streets with portraits of these nutcase Hezbollah clerics

right..a 1/2 dozen or so misguided people are representatives of millions of people..sure.. sarcastic ...I would bet based on percentages, there is just as great of a percentage of radical israelis too...and juding from some of the comments here..I think I'm correct...
"Up the Irons!"

ArtieFufkin

Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:20 am

I hoping you take this all in. This jetjock is typical of one who comprises the Bush base. This is the mentality of those in charge of the USA right now.

I don't know about you but it scares the hell out me. They are on a ideology driven crusade.

jetjack74

Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:22 am

Quoting Jacobin777 (Reply 34):
right..a 1/2 dozen or so misguided people are representatives of millions of people..sure

They pretty much are, that's why they're dictatorships, Syria, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Yemen, Jordan(yes I know about your King), and the rest.

Quoting Jacobin777 (Reply 34):
I would bet based on percentages, there is just as great of a percentage of radical israelis too...and juding from some of the comments here..I think I'm correct...

There sure are, the great leader Yitzak Rabin was assasinated by one of them.
Made from jets!

msllsmith

Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:24 am

I have to say, Jetjack74 that after looking at your "profile", I can't take you seriously...... I seem to remember a major US airline putting out a parody of a security training film to their fa classes....... gee, they were one of the ones who were hijacked (although, their cabin crew acted well in spite of their "training" film,..... I am the first to admit)

On to your comment. Israel is not that kind of place. Sorry. If something this unfortunate happened, it was an accident. I admire the Israels for being warriors, and also for being extraordinary humans.

I think 67c wants coffee..... good-bye.
There's nothing more beautiful than flying into the dawn.

jacobin777

Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:25 am

Quoting Jetjack74 (Reply 36):
They pretty much are, that's why they're dictatorships, Syria, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Yemen, Jordan(yes I know about your King), and the rest.

maybe you should learn some history about how they came to power....

oh wait, last I recalled, a few of the countries either have peace treaties and/or do business with Israel...go figure... sarcastic 

Quoting Jetjack74 (Reply 36):

There sure are, the great leader Yitzak Rabin was assasinated by one of them.

thanks for proving my point... thumbsup 
"Up the Irons!"

jetjack74

Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:31 am

Quoting Msllsmith (Reply 37):
On to your comment. Israel is not that kind of place. Sorry. If something this unfortunate happened, it was an accident. I admire the Israels for being warriors, and also for being extraordinary humans.

And what comment are you referring to?

I have to say, Jetjack74 that after looking at your "profile", I can't take you seriously...... I seem to remember a major US airline putting out a parody of a security training film to their fa classes....... gee, they were one of the ones who were hijacked (although, their cabin crew acted well in spite of their "training" film,..... I am the first to admit)

Dude, put down the crackpipe

I think 67c wants coffee..... good-bye.

Chock full of pithy insight
Made from jets!

msllsmith

Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:34 am

I think you should go back to playing with makeup.

(Dude)

aloges

Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:37 am

Quoting Scorpio (Reply 20):

Signed,
JetJack.

sounds like you were correct:

I don't trust the Lebanese anymore than the Iranians, Saudis and most other countries when a conflict breaks out with the Israelis.

T7ILS13LatJFK

Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:40 am

Firstly, you can guarantee that the truck from the "UAE" was most definitely filled with some type of explosives. Anything that comes from or through Syria to "help the cause" in Lebanon is also GUARANTEED to be carrying weapons, explosives, etc. They are totally for the destruction of Israel. I would feel horrible if I knew there really was aid of some sort in that or those trucks, but I just can't believe it; especially after seeing almost every country in the region CONSTANTLY condemn every action Israel takes and CONSTANTLY (publicly and privately) call for the destruction of Israel. We (legitimate people) all know that Hezbollah is just an extention of Syria and Iran and that these countries will do anything do harm and destroy Israel. Iran and Syria arm Hezbollah and will continue to arm them as well as Hamas, etc.
Secondly, Jetjack74, welcome to my respected users list.
"You Know Dam Right!! & - Winds are 060 at 8, 4 Left, cleared to go."

jetjack74

Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:46 am

Quoting Jacobin777 (Reply 38):
thanks for proving my point...

So you're saying Yigal Amir, who was an Israeli citizen, wasn't was Jewish, lived in Israel, wasn't the ultra-right wing activist that assasinated Rabin? What point did you prove?

Quoting Msllsmith (Reply 40):
I think you should go back to playing with makeup.

Well, if you would stop stealing it. Dood

Quoting Aloges (Reply 41):
sounds like you were correct:

Yes, I support the Israelis(always have, always will), and don't trust the gov'ts of thes for-mentioned nations. Got a problem with that Aloges?
Made from jets!

rolfen

Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:56 am

Please do not joke on such matters.
Seems to me the israelis blew up that ambulance just to see if it contained ammunition. Since it did not go up in fireworks, they can assume that it is a real humanitarian convoy and let it pass.
Disgusting

Quoting Alessandro (Reply 4):

Nothing justifies killing innocent people, and surely not such a lame excuse.
rolf

rolfen

Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:01 am

Quoting Soups (Reply 19):
Israel warned ALL trucks in movemnet between beirut and tripoli will be bombed regardless if its empty, full of citizens, full of medication!

Didnt ever hear of this warning... thanks
Tripoli is about 1 hour from here... what if I had decided to hop into my truck and drive there on a visit... no more rolfen on a.net
rolf

Jalto27R

Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:04 am

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa3827/is_200406/ai_n9427951

There ya go. In other news Hezbollah has been shooting missles at Israel at a rate of 1 every minute. Of course, all you "Go Lebanon!" people wouldn't happen to mention that, would you? Right, thought so.

Mike

msllsmith

Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:06 am

Quoting Jetjack74 (Reply 43):
Well, if you would stop stealing it. Dood

Don't be a huffy queen...... Take some of your discount airline advantages and get an actual global view of the world. You'll find that your views as posted are provincial and unfortunately, too prevalent here in the US. I'm trying to be kind here.

(But I understand Bloomingdale's has a sale on Dior ........so you might want to put off booking for an afternoon..... )

Scorpio

Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:07 am

Quoting T7ILS13LatJFK (Reply 42):
Firstly, you can guarantee that the truck from the "UAE" was most definitely filled with some type of explosives.

Oh goodie, we have someone here who has been on the scene, and has seen the truck first-hand! And it's a 16-20 year-old college student from New York! I guess that settles it then  Yeah sure

Yee-haw and death to all dem towelheads!  Yeah sure

jetjack74

Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:10 am

Quoting Rolfen (Reply 44):
Please do not joke on such matters.

There wasn't an ounce of a joke in my statement. I believe Hezbollah would go to any length to combat the Israelis, even by using ambulances/Red Cresent vehicles to move weapons, munitions or guerillas around with or without the UAE's knowledge or blessings.
Made from jets!