AeroWesty
Topic Author

Dinosaurs Were On The Ark

Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:53 pm

Yes, friends, people actually believe this!

After catching a glimpse of these wonderful beasts on TV tonight, I thought it'd be worthwhile posting a link to them here:
Offbeat Tourist Destinations In Your City/country (by Csavel Jul 21 2006 in Non Aviation)

What I found is beyond description:

http://www.cabazondinosaurs.com/main.htm

Anyone who's driven on I-10 between L.A. and Palm Springs know who these happy creatures are. But a few years ago, it appears, a creationist group bought the dinos to create an amusement park of sorts to preach against evolution. In this article on their website, they lay the foundation for why dinos must have been on the Ark:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/docs2001/dinos_on_ark.asp

"In Genesis 6:19–20, the Bible says that two of every sort of land vertebrate (seven of the “clean” animals) were brought by God to the Ark. Therefore, dinosaurs (land vertebrates) were represented on the Ark."

I'm pretty open-minded, and if people want to believe in creationism, so be it, even though it's not my cup of tea. But dinosaurs on the Ark--that just goes too far.

Couldn't they just let the dinosaurs be?  Big grin
International Homo of Mystery

IAH777

RE: Dinosaurs Were On The Ark

Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:55 pm

Poor dinosaurs got hungry by the 39th day and tragically choked to death on the unicorns.  Sad

AeroWesty
Topic Author

Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:59 pm

Quoting IAH777 (Reply 1):
Poor dinosaurs got hungry by the 39th day

I see an upcoming Survivor - Dinosaur Island out of this.  laughing 

stlgph

Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:03 pm

Westy -

interesting how quickly Noah was able to collect millions of indigenous animals from remote, inaccessible regionsof the world for a 40 day ridein his ark.
there's only one way this is possible....Noah and sons rode aboard giant flying dinosaurs. and they must have been some big flying dinosaurs! can you imagine how big one must have been in order to be coming flying in with a pair of elephants strapped on?

of course, what is even more amazing is the ability to load 100 million plus animals onto a 450 foot ark in "the selfsame day" (Gensis 7:13-14).

in addition to those elephants, that's a heck of a lot of supplies for food and what not to be hitched up there for long trips around the world to South America, China, the North Pole, etc.
of course since creation scientists estimate the Earth is only 10,000 years old...so human beings were living among dinosaurs and had plenty of time to tame them for all of this to happen.

can you imagine Jesus playing with a pet raptor given to him for his 9th birthday?
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

EWS

Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:10 pm

Skidmarks and ANCFlyer were on the ark?  stirthepot 

Lew Big grin

gunsontheroof

Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:56 pm

"Shooot her!!! SHOOOOOOOOT HEERRRRR!!!"

Pulkovokiwi

Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:59 pm

Why the hell did he bring along the donkey,the mossie,the black widow spider,ugly wimmen,ugly men?
I thought I was wrong but I was only joking!

aircraft

Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:24 pm

Quoting STLGph (Reply 3):
Noah and sons rode aboard giant flying dinosaurs

Yes, we already know this. Adam and Eve rode dinosaurs to church. It would only make sense for them to fly dinosaurs as well.

GDB

Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:35 pm

Is there a 'museum' too in some redneck area, expensive (all those low income fools giving money to con men), with displays of humans and dinosaurs together and all that shit.
They also want to say the Grand Caynon was formed by the flood myth of Noah's Ark.
And make that official.

Sorry to say, from an American viewpoint, that this has been reported over here, but also with polls showing a very large minority believe all this stuff-which did not fool me when I was 5 or 6 years old!
A majority do not beleive in Evolution either. (Probably think it's a Northern Liberal/EU/UN/Commie plot).

Do you know how this all makes the US look these days, worse when the President is reliant on the dolts who lap all this up, as they are a good part of his 'base'.

QXatFAT

Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:37 pm

This thread needs to be deleted. Was brought up in another thread and you people are just talking out of your butt. Not even a real discussion
Don't Tread On Me!

AeroWesty
Topic Author

Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:46 pm

Quoting QXatFAT (Reply 9):
This thread needs to be deleted. Was brought up in another thread

I took a look at that other thread, and nowhere in it were the Cabazon Dinosaurs, the topic of this thread, mentioned.

Quoting QXatFAT (Reply 9):
you people are just talking out of your butt.

Butts aren't for talking!  silly 

GDB

Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:50 pm

I think it's a worthy discussion to see how stupid many people are.
(I wonder how they function in the modern world).
Worse, they are in the richest nation in the world, with potentially exposure to the best education and information possible.

Unless QXatFAT, you beleive all this crap too, in which case the nicest thing to say is that I feel sorry for you.
Hopefully I'm wrong on this.

But all these fools, if they do not beleive in sound science about things that totally disprove fairey tales, why should other areas of science be accepted?
That allows them the use of electricity, of computers, of transport systems, of drugs that may one day save their lives?

ALL creationists, if they had ANY real principals, would live totally as in biblical times, none of the above available.
Unless of course many of them actually are more into the bigotry and hatred so prevelant in 'Faith inc'.

ANCFlyer

Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:50 pm

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 10):
Butts aren't for talking!

Wow!

Signed:
IAH777
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

QXatFAT

Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:55 pm

I do believe in the Ark and dinosaurs on them. I am a strong Christian and my faith is strong. I am sorry but science has not proven any other "theory". The "missing link" is still missing isnt it  Wink Lets throw out some more theorys now. ICR or Institute for Creation Resurch. Good organisation. Scientists showing the proof of a devine creator and creation.
Don't Tread On Me!

Banco

Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:39 pm

Quoting QXatFAT (Reply 13):
I do believe in the Ark and dinosaurs on them.

I'd be interested to hear your explanation on the practicalities here. Let's assume for a moment that dinosaurs and humans lived at the same time. We also have all those other millions upon millions of species that are still extant.

So, I'd like to know how the life of the entire planet got on board.
She's as nervous as a very small nun at a penguin shoot.

Pulkovokiwi

Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:41 pm

From a galaxy far far away on Boeings

JGPH1A

Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:50 pm

ICR or Institute for Creation Resurch. Good organisation. Scientists showing the proof of a devine creator and creation.

...where they undertake resurch so devine they don't even have to spell it right ! Hilarious...

Read a book, seriously. Any book, maybe starting with "Reality for Dummies". Religion is like Star Trek, it's cute as a hobby, but don't go mistaking it for real life.
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

IAH777

Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:52 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 12):

Signed:
IAH777

Dangit. You found it before I did.

(the double entendre, not Westy's butt)

AeroWesty
Topic Author

Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:00 pm

Quoting IAH777 (Reply 17):
(the double entendre, not Westy's butt)

This is absolutely shocking, of course, it's such a gorgeous butt it's difficult to overlook!

GDB

Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:18 pm

QXatFAT, do you also beleive in Santa Claus?
If not, why not?
Same logistical and practical problems.

Myself, I seem, despite my lack of science qualifications, to be able to see the gap of 65 million years since the final extinction of the Dinosaurs, and the couple of million years since some apes started to develop further.
All provable.

As provable as the science of what powers and makes your computer work, so are they magic?

jaysit

Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:21 am

I do believe in the Ark and dinosaurs on them. I am a strong Christian and my faith is strong.

And I believe that dinosaurs are around today.

What kind of dinosaur are you?

ICR or Institute for Creation Resurch. Good organisation. Scientists showing the proof of a devine creator and creation.

rotfl   rotfl 

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Atheism is Myth Understood.

Klaus

Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:56 am

Quoting GDB (Reply 19):
Same logistical and practical problems.

I'd love to see a tiny timber-constructed ark as described in the bible loading even just a couple of seismosaurus (weight: 50-80 metric tons each), let alone a couple of all dinosaur species in history in addition to all modern species...

It's pure rubbish.

JGPH1A

Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:00 am

Quoting Klaus (Reply 21):
I'd love to see a tiny timber-constructed ark as described in the bible loading even just a couple of seismosaurus (weight: 50-80 metric tons each), let alone a couple of all dinosaur species in history in addition to all modern species...

Tsk tsk, don't you read ? They were BABY seismosauruses, only weighing about 8 tons, so they fit in easily, and besides they bred with hamsters to produce clownfish or three-toed sloths, which explains perfectly the wondrous diversity of nature. I know I'm convinced !
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

Klaus

Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:03 am

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 22):
Tsk tsk, don't you read ? They were BABY seismosauruses, only weighing about 8 tons, so they fit in easily, and besides they bred with hamsters to produce clownfish or three-toed sloths, which explains perfectly the wondrous diversity of nature. I know I'm convinced !

Bizarrely enough, your whacky explanation actually increases the level of plausibility...!  mischievous 

JGPH1A

Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:04 am

Quoting Klaus (Reply 23):
Bizarrely enough, your whacky explanation actually increases the level of plausibility...!

And now you're convinced too. We are both now qualified to go forth and preach unto the heathen. Where's Kirkie when you need him ?

AeroWesty
Topic Author

Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:10 am

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 24):
Where's Kirkie when you need him ?

He's out still trying to figure out why the plural of "sheep" is still "sheep" and how that works to his advantage.

Klaus

Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:14 am

We are both now qualified to go forth and preach unto the heathen.

Lack of an official license has never kept me from preaching! Big grin

Where's Kirkie when you need him ?

Well, you know where... there are only two places to check, one near a beer tap and another, well, with especially supple grass...!

JGPH1A

Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:20 am

Quoting Klaus (Reply 26):
Well, you know where... there are only two places to check, one near a beer tap and another, well, with especially supple grass...!

You may well be right - but I suspect he'll be at his usually spot, sprawled out by the wheelie-bins behind Tescos, hopped up from snorting lemon-scented scouring powder. Clearly this poor lost sinner is in need of our teachings - the story of Noah and the Dinosaurs will bring him to a state of grace ! Quick, Robin, to the Popemobile !

YYZflyer

Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:26 am

Quoting STLGph (Reply 3):
and they must have been some big flying dinosaurs! can you imagine how big one must have been in order to be coming flying in with a pair of elephants strapped on?

those things would have to be flying pretty damn fast too. I'd say hypersonic speeds.....

Quoting Klaus (Reply 26):
and another, well, with especially supple grass...!

A nice big pasture.... Wink
Avoid hangovers, stay drunk.

Klaus

Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:37 am

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 27):
I suspect he'll be at his usually spot, sprawled out by the wheelie-bins behind Tescos, hopped up from snorting lemon-scented scouring powder.

Ewww!  yuck 
The poor soul!

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 27):
Clearly this poor lost sinner is in need of our teachings - the story of Noah and the Dinosaurs will bring him to a state of grace !

I fear he may be well beyond saving by now. Quarantine and continued isolation may be the only way to save at least some of the scottish population around him from the same horrific fate... Sad

But, of course, an additional sermon or two can't really make anything worse at this point! Big grin

JGPH1A

Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:44 am

Quoting Klaus (Reply 29):
I fear he may be well beyond saving by now. Quarantine and continued isolation may be the only way to save at least some of the scottish population around him from the same horrific fate...

Alas, I fear it is too late to save the Scottish population from the dangers of infection by Kirkie - for some time now they have been reduced to shambling hirstute imbecility, muttering pictish oaths and drinking themselves into a blind stupor (and that's just at work !) - a sad fate for a once proud people. We'll just call it the Righteous Wrath of a Vengeful God and move on to other, less noisome environs in which to spread the Word.

md80fanatic

Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:49 am

It's pure rubbish.

According to popular accepted dimensions of the ark, it would easily be able to hold around 30,000 tons of weight. Sitting very low in the water (as it probably did) it should displace roughly 45,000 tons of water. Since it was made of very bouyant wood....chances are good that it could have held even more.

A couple of heavy dinos could easily be held inside (along with everything else)....there may have even been enough extra room for a few Klauses, provided he managed to hold in most of that hot air.  Yeah sure

QXatFAT

Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:52 am

Quoting Banco (Reply 14):
I'd be interested to hear your explanation on the practicalities here. Let's assume for a moment that dinosaurs and humans lived at the same time. We also have all those other millions upon millions of species that are still extant.

So, I'd like to know how the life of the entire planet got on board

I feel like a broken record explaining myself over and over again. Read other posts by me.

Quoting GDB (Reply 19):
QXatFAT, do you also beleive in Santa Claus?

No sorry

Quoting GDB (Reply 19):
Myself, I seem, despite my lack of science qualifications, to be able to see the gap of 65 million years since the final extinction of the Dinosaurs, and the couple of million years since some apes started to develop further.
All provable.

Please give me the science that backs up your "theory"

I see everyone likes to make fun of me and my faith. Thats okay though. I wont respect it but you guys do whatever fancies your panties.
Don't Tread On Me!

JGPH1A

Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:57 am

Quoting QXatFAT (Reply 32):
I feel like a broken record explaining myself over and over again. Read other posts by me.

Don't worry - Klaus and I have found religion - we will pay Banco a little visit and explain to him the error of his ways in the prescribed episcopal manner - red hot pokers enter into it (quite literally, if the manual is to be believed) !

Scorpio

Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:19 am

Quoting QXatFAT (Reply 32):

I've taken the liberty of looking up those other posts. A few clarifications I need:

-If the dinosaurs were on the Ark, why did they become extinct (all of them!), while all the other animals didn't?
-How did Noah get all the animals to his Ark? Considering different species are spread out all over the world, and the world being, well, pretty big, dig he go to all tose different parts of the world himslef to fetch them?

I'd really like you to answer these questions for me...

QXatFAT

Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:23 am

http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-c013.html

Great article to explain many of your questions and blasts. If you are really wanting to know answers you will read. Other wise you are just in here to be A$$es so you can feel "big" and feed your ego.

Quoting Scorpio (Reply 34):
-How did Noah get all the animals to his Ark? Considering different species are spread out all over the world, and the world being, well, pretty big, dig he go to all tose different parts of the world himslef to fetch them?

Read the article. Does a good job of explaining everything. Maybe he will get more respect because hes older then me. I am only 19
Don't Tread On Me!

skidmarks

Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:48 am

Quoting EWS (Reply 4):
Skidmarks and ANCFlyer were on the ark?

I've just noticed this you unspeakable little tow rag you!!!!!  box   box 

Everyone knows we were born of the union between woman and Angel!  angel 

Andy  old 
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional

searpqx

Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:53 am

I just read the article, and I admit, it does a good job of spinning the facts so that it seems plausible. But I still have a couple questions:
1. It states that none of the aquatic creatures (everything for coral polyps, to salamanders & turtles, to sharks and whales) needed to be included. But it doesn't address the fact that each of these species live in very specific environments. Most salt water creatures cannot survive in fresh water, and vice versa for fresh. Since it rained for 40 days and 40 nights, and that rain is what caused the flood, and rain is, basically fresh water (evaporated water doesn't carry the salt content from the sea), so the world was flooded with FRESH water, fairly cool fresh water at that - so how did the thousands of creatures that require salt water to survive, survive for over a year in a fresh or semi-fresh water environment? Of course you can argue that the worlds seas diluted that fresh water and made it salty, but then you have the same issue for fresh water creatures.

2. Unless we're going to assume that God physically transported all the animals to Noah (which is entirely possible in the realm of faith, but faith doesn't answer questions - it simply requires belief, and this article purports to answer questions), how did say the three-toed sloth get from Central/South America to Central Asia (and yes I read the part about migratory instinct, but it still doesn't answer the question of the HOW they crossed oceans, mountains and deserts).

Now I realize you won't actually answer these questions, you'll simply call me an A$$ and accuse me of feeding my ego. But enquiring (and open minds, I really will take the time to research the questions as you can see) still want to know!
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity"

JGPH1A

Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:56 am

Quoting Skidmarks (Reply 36):
I've just noticed this you unspeakable little tow rag you!!!!!

Shame - the old eye-brain coordination is always the first thing to go...

Quoting Skidmarks (Reply 36):
Everyone knows we were born of the union between woman and Angel!

or from the union of a Diplodocus and a Siberian Hamster, as propounded in the Noah Saves The Dinosaurs theory. Far more likely (no doubt EWS can supply us with pictorial evidence of this).

GDB

Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:06 am

QX, how are you on the persecution of great minds who dared to suggest that the Sun, not the Earth was at the centre of the Solar System?
Luckily, the christian church was stripped of it's ability to do this anymore.
They were wrong about that, they are wrong now.
They have NEVER been right about science, they are not supposed to be.

Why are you using electricity to post here?
It's because of the same science you reject.
You cannot have it both ways.
Either science, through it's often messy theory, experimentation, practical use of, is wrong or not.
The natural sciences have the same validation as the ones that make this conversation possible.

TACAA320

Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:39 am

"Son of Lamech, Noah was one of eight people that lived before, during, and after the Great Flood. When God saw the extent of human wickedness on the earth, He decided to destroy all mankind by a flood. He told Noah who was the one righteous person on the face of the earth to construct an ark 450 feet long, 75 feet wide, and 45 feet high, with three decks inside. He promised Noah to keep him safe in the ark, along with his wife, three sons, Shem, Ham and Japheth, and their wives. The Lord had Noah bring into the ark a pair of each kind of bird, animal and reptile, and in some cases seven pairs of each. Noah was 600 years old when the flood came, and for forty days it raged. The water rose higher than the highest mountain peaks, and all life on earth was blotted out, but Noah, his family and the animals were safe in the ark. 150 days after the flood began, the water gradually receded, and the ark came to rest upon the mountains of Ararat. Eventually the earth was dry again, and Noah, his family and the animals disembarked. God blessed Noah and his family and told them to repopulate the earth. From Noah's three sons came all the nations of the earth. Noah lived another 350 years after the flood and was 950 years old at his death. The story of Noah is found in Genesis, chapters 6-9. Noah is mentioned eight times in the New Testament, and in Ezekiel 14:14, he is listed, along with Daniel and Job for their righteousness"

Source: http://www.aboutbibleprophecy.com/p55.htm
'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind'. Albert Einstein

TACAA320

Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:44 am

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind'. Albert Einstein

CastleIsland

Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:45 am

Speak not rationally to the irrational, lest they feel compelled to reply.
"People don't do what they believe in, they just do what's most convenient, then they repent." - Dylan

TACAA320

Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:48 am

Quoting TACAA320 (Reply 40):
Eventually the earth was dry again, and Noah, his family and the animals disembarked. God blessed Noah and his family and told them to repopulate the earth. From Noah's three sons came all the nations of the earth. Noah lived another 350 years after the flood and was 950 years old at his death.

http://bibletime.com/theory/year/index.html

Biblical years come in two lengths with three different names. Years are either 360 days or 390 days, 12 or 13 months. The long years fall on the Sabbath and Jubilee years within a 50 year cycle.

[Edited 2006-07-22 21:50:08]

AeroWesty
Topic Author

Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:16 am

Hmm, well this is interesting. According to the dinosaur people, the Ark was the equivalent in size to 522 railway cars.  Wow! I really wish they hadn't measured it in sheep.  ziplip 

http://www.answersingenesis.org/docs2001/dinos_on_ark.asp

"How did those huge dinosaurs fit on the Ark?

Although there are about 668 names of dinosaurs, there are perhaps only 55 different “kinds” of dinosaurs. Furthermore, not all dinosaurs were huge like the Brachiosaurus, and even those dinosaurs on the Ark were probably “teenagers” or young adults.

Creationist researcher John Woodmorappe has calculated that Noah had on board with him representatives from about 8,000 animal genera (including some now-extinct animals), or around 16,000 individual animals. When you realize that horses, zebras, and donkeys are probably descended from the horse-like “kind”, Noah did not have to carry two sets of each such animal. Also, dogs, wolves, and coyotes are probably from a single canine “kind”, so hundreds of different dogs were not needed.

According to Genesis 6:15, the Ark measured 300 x 50 x 30 cubits, which is about 460 x 75 x 44 feet, with a volume of about 1.52 million cubic feet. Researchers have shown that this is the equivalent volume of 522 standard railroad stock cars (US), each of which can hold 240 sheep. By the way, only 11% of all land animals are larger than a sheep.

Without getting into all the math, the 16,000-plus animals would have occupied much less than half the space in the Ark (even allowing them some moving-around space)."

aloges

Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:47 am

Maybe there was actually some sort of ark, some guy called Noah and a huge flood. Maybe that Noah even took a few animals with him on that boat, and maybe he managed to rebuild his life after that.

Say there was a farmer who had a few cows, sheep and pigs. Let's assume something about the rain went awfully wrong near his (and other people's) place, causing a flood wave to destroy much of his village. Maybe he had a weird suspicion something bad involving a lot of water being bound to happen, and so he put two cows, sheep and pigs along with his family on his boat. Fast forward to the end of the flood, he and his family survive and have something to live off of. Now take a few millennia of storytelling and exaggeration and *bang* there you have your story from the Bible.

On the other hand, it can be one of the many parables in the book; but there is no way things went exactly the way they're written in the Bible.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

jafa39

Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:45 am

From Noah's three sons came all the nations of the earth.

And (bearing in mind all life had been blotted out) found women where.............???????????

God has given us the intelligence to be able to track mitochondrial DNA and it doesn't lead back to three blokes on a wet mountain, to refute the findings of the intelligence we have been blessed with is a bit like telling God that he is wrong and our naive fundamentalist beliefs are better than all the profound knowledge he has bestowed upon us.

The sooner the "fundies" see the relationship between their crazy outlook and that of Al Quaeda/Taleban/Hezbollah etc, the sooner the world becomes a saner place.
We, the undersigned, do hereby consent.....

skidmarks

Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:11 am

Quoting Jafa39 (Reply 46):
the sooner the world becomes a saner place.

Roll on death, i can't wait that long!!!!!!!!! Big grin Big grin

Andy  old 
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional

Pulkovokiwi

Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:27 am

As I said bloody good story the writer would have made a fortune today."Noah and the Return of the Ark" by J K Rowling buy it on DVD Now!

md80fanatic

Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:32 am

Quoting Jafa39 (Reply 46):
From Noah's three sons came all the nations of the earth.

And (bearing in mind all life had been blotted out) found women where.............???????????

According to the text, Noah's wife and the three wives of Noah's three respective sons were aboard also.