L-188
Topic Author

How Is Kentucky In October?

Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:19 am

Hi guys.

Not asking for me however.

Just confirmed my kid brother is going into the national guard. And he is off to delightful Ft. Knox in October. Should have the official ship date in the next week.

Anyway, if I wanted to introduce him to the conditions there at that time of the year, should I go ahead and show him the movie "Stripes". It was filmed on that base after all.

Anyway the follow-up question how is the Ft. Eustis area say 8-10 weeks later?

Just looking for some good stories to screw his mind with.

Thanks.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

scamp

RE: How Is Kentucky In October?

Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:15 pm

It's usually cool and pleasant. But, in the case of an "Indian summer," daytime highs could be in the 80s. More likely cool and pleasant.
If it pisses off the right, I'm all for it.

L-188
Topic Author

Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:33 pm

Quoting Scamp (Reply 1):
It's usually cool and pleasant. But, in the case of an "Indian summer," daytime highs could be in the 80s. More likely cool and pleasant.

Damm sounds too pleasant.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

texan

Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:46 pm

Cannot speak for the entire state, but I loved the area around Paducah in October. Used to drive down to Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area. Oh man, drive down the road, one lane in each direction, at 70 mph, windows down, temperature of about 75 degrees, leaves changing color, the wind lightly blowing through the leaves causing the trees to sound alive, bald eagles flying overhead and perched on trees, buffalo roaming around, green grass, nice hills...

Thanks a lot, now I want to go back  Silly

Texan
"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library."