diamond

Larry The Cable Guy - Before He Went "country"

Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:05 am

I'm not a fan either way. But I found it interesting how different he was before he became "blue collar." I didn't realize that the whole southern accent thing was fake. See for yourself in this 'before' video.

http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2743413
Blank.

deltagator

RE: Larry The Cable Guy - Before He Went "country"

Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:11 am

Quoting Diamond (Thread starter):
I didn't realize that the whole southern accent thing was fake.

He's been doing it for so long now I doubt he could speak in anything but that accent. I remember him on the airwaves back in the early 90s on WDIZ in Orlando.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

sw733

Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:16 pm

It sells, plain and simple. Gotta follow the money, and he hassssssssss thirty times over.

HPLASOps

Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:16 am

My friend is a DJ for KOMP 92.3 here in Las Vegas, one of his co-workers is actually Larry's fiance.
"Just because I know how to get off a freeway doesn't mean I know how to get back on!" - Retard Joe

ANCFlyer

Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:29 am

Larry's not at all a Hillbilly - the whole thing is an act. . .

But quite convincing - in that my blood line is full of hillbillies I would know - in character he could be any one of a dozen cousins . . .

Why do you all think I live in ANC . . . as far away - just about - as I can get from them all!  wink  duck 
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

KaiGywer
Crew

Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:14 am

I like him better as Larry than that dude.  cry 
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

aa61hvy

Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:23 am

In the Ifilm, he looks like he could be Joey Gladstone's brother (only like three people will understand that)
Go big or go home

garnetpalmetto

Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:16 am

Quoting Diamond (Thread starter):
I didn't realize that the whole southern accent thing was fake.

How many people do you know from Nebraska who actually talk like "Larry?"
South Carolina - too small to be its own country, too big to be a mental asylum.

diamond

Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:01 pm

Quoting Garnetpalmetto (Reply 7):
How many people do you know from Nebraska who actually talk like "Larry?"

Everyone outside of California sounds like Larry to me, aside from New Englanders and Minnesotans.
Blank.

vikkyvik

Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:43 pm

Quoting Diamond (Reply 8):
Everyone outside of California sounds like Larry to me, aside from New Englanders and Minnesotans.

Amen to that! Growing up in and currently residing in MA, and having gone to college in CA, I utterly agree.

As to the topic, I also had no idea that that whole thing was an act. Oh well...

~Vik

EDIT:

"In the Ifilm, he looks like he could be Joey Gladstone's brother (only like three people will understand that)"

Dude, I wouldn't have even thought of it if you didn't say it, but it's so true.

[Edited 2006-07-29 05:46:14]
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

skyservice_330

Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:47 pm

Quoting AA61Hvy (Reply 6):
In the Ifilm, he looks like he could be Joey Gladstone's brother (only like three people will understand that)

What was the name of the childrens show he hosted..do you remember, cause I don't. Danny helped him get a job at the station if I remember right.  Wink

As for Larry the Cable Guy...I thought a bit of it might have been an act, but not to the extent that I saw him on the tape. I guess that makes him a good actor too.

aa61hvy

Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:27 am

Quoting SKYSERVICE_330 (Reply 10):

What was the name of the childrens show he hosted..do you remember, cause I don't. Danny helped him get a job at the station if I remember righ

He was Ranger Joe, with that damn Chipmunk puppet.
Go big or go home

skyservice_330

Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:57 am

Quoting AA61Hvy (Reply 11):

He was Ranger Joe, with that damn Chipmunk puppet.

Silly ROFL! Now I remember...all the kids sat on tree fake tree stumps in a circle...and the chipmunk had that really high pitched squeel of a voice.

deltagator

Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:01 am

Quoting Vikkyvik (Reply 9):
In the Ifilm, he looks like he could be Joey Gladstone's brother (only like three people will understand that)"

Ha! So true. BTW...Full House rules! Ok, that's crazy talk but I got a month of it and The Hogan Family while I was in India. Can someone please update the subcontinent that we have newer and better programs?
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

piercey

Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:52 am

Quoting AA61Hvy (Reply 6):

argh! My sister has all the seasons on DVD and watches them over and over and over and over and..........
Well I believe it all is coming to an end. Oh well, I guess we are gonna pretend.

vikkyvik

Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:48 am

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 13):
Quoting Vikkyvik (Reply 9):
In the Ifilm, he looks like he could be Joey Gladstone's brother (only like three people will understand that)"

Ha! So true. BTW...Full House rules!

Just so you know, AA61Hvy actually said that in reply 6. I responded to it when I edited my post, and wasn't sure how to use the normal quote thing when editing.

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 13):
Can someone please update the subcontinent that we have newer and better programs?

Haha, good luck with that!

~Vik
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

deltagator

Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:54 am

Quoting Vikkyvik (Reply 15):
Just so you know, AA61Hvy actually said that in reply 6. I responded to it when I edited my post, and wasn't sure how to use the normal quote thing when editing.

The quote thingy is screwed up again. Sorry for having folks think you like Full House.  Wink