9VSPO
Topic Author

Rival Serial Killers In Phoenix?

Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:41 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/5223944.stm

Anyone live in this area? The first is known as the Baseline Killer - named after the neighbourhood where he committed his first murder.

Since that attack, he is believed to have killed at least another five people, as well as raping and kidnapping 20 more.

The police have issued a photo-fit of a black man with dreadlocks, but they admit they do not know how accurate the picture is. The assailant wears many different disguises. The second man is known as the Serial Shooter.

Sounds terryfiying.  Sad

EWRCabincrew

RE: Rival Serial Killers In Phoenix?

Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:52 pm

From what is understood, there is the Central shooter and the Baseline rapist. Two different individuals doing this crime spree.

We live on the outer edges of one of the serial shooters. We live on a major thoroughfare in his/her reaches. Needless to say, we do not go out in the front yard after a certain time at night.

No real fear for us (probably more so for the people who have to go to work at night, walk to get anywhere and the like) but you have to take into account certain things when going out. Like no walking alone after dark, stay in lit areas if you absolutely HAVE to. Things like that. You just have to adjust our life till they are caught.

We bitch more about the monsoon season and the humidity.

Thank you, though, for the thoughts about our safety and well being here in the Valley of the Sun.

Bill

[Edited 2006-07-29 07:58:22]
You can't cure stupid

texasaggie

Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:26 pm

Quoting EWRCabincrew (Reply 1):
Needless to say, we do not go out in the front yard after a certain time at night.

This is too bad  Sad

I remember a friend of mine from the Washington D.C. area telling me about the time when that sniper was on the loose. After school activities were shut down, people were afraid to do anything outside, and there was just a general slowdown in life. That really is unfortunate.

EA CO AS

Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:41 pm

The "Serial Shooter" and the "Baseline Rapist" have been big news here for about a month. Thankfully I live in a nicer area where no attacks have taken place, but it's still creepy to know one or more murderous thugs are out there randomly taking lives.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group