aislepathlight

Israeli Airstrike Kills More Than 65

Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:12 pm

Just got the email from CNN, and it says:

Quoting CNN breaking News:

CNN Breaking News
to TEXTBREAKINGNE.
-- More than 65 people dead or wounded after Israeli airstrike on Qana, Lebanon, security official says.

CNN breaking news story
bleepbloop

jutes85

RE: Israeli Airstrike Kills More Than 65

Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:36 pm

Quoting AislepathLight (Thread starter):
IDF spokesman Jacob Dalal told CNN that Hezbollah has used the village to fire rockets into western Galilee, including the coastal town of Nahariya. Dalal said Israel was exercising its right to defend itself with the airstrike.

Sounds about right to me. The Hezbollah scum want to hide among the civilians, there shall be "civilian" deaths. Shows just how much they care about their fellow Arabs.
nothing

Danny

Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:39 pm

Yes, Israel can kill as many civilians as they can and they can always claim that there was one terorist around. It was refugee building ans IDF attack is nothing more than act of terrorism.

EurostarVA

Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:35 pm

No question about it,
Israel has proved to be a terrorist state which is attempting to cushin its military defeat by targeting civilians...
Oh well the Arab League are FINALLY considering a united stance and a new boycott...
If there is a will, there is a way

OD720

Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:44 pm

The place is now full of reporters and TV cameras. Any evidence of destroyed rocket launchers in the village? Maybe under the rubbles?

I very much doubt it.

casinterest

Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:14 pm

Let's recap.

Hezbollah launched attacks into Israel.
Hezbollah has guerillas hiding in villages.
Israel warned innocents to flee.

tough luck lebanon.

Get better about who you let sleep in your bed.
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.

BestWestern

Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:18 pm

Quoting CasInterest (Reply 5):
Let's recap.

And then bombs them when they flee, forcing people to return home.

tough luck lebanon.

That is cold.
You are 100 times more likely to catch a cold on a flight than an average person!

Beaucaire

Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:24 pm

tough luck lebanon.

These type of comments indicate a sick perception of what's right and what's wrong - you have obviously no idea what you are talking about .
The right-wing judeo-christian clique in Washington will drive us all into outright war and then blame it on the Arabs...
Please respect animals - don't eat them...

4xRuv

Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:27 pm

Quoting OD720 (Reply 4):
The place is now full of reporters and TV cameras. Any evidence of destroyed rocket launchers in the village? Maybe under the rubbles?

You think the Hezbollah doesn't have censorship? they let the press shoot only what they want them to shoot. There was this whole piece about it the other day on CNN.

QANTAS077

Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:35 pm

first few days the world was behind Israel...2 weeks later and Hezbollah is still firing rockets at Israel and the IDF is only managing to kill innocent civilians...makes you wonder who the IDF is really targeting? they seem to have lost sight of the mission, which was, to ensure the safe return of the 2 soldiers and not to wipe out refugee camps, innocent civilians and humanitarian convoys.

United777

Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:41 pm

tough luck lebanon.

You obviously have no idea what is going on. If you knew Lebanese people if you've been to Lebanon you would know that the people are the most kind and caring people and the country is the most pro-western Arab country in the Arab world. You go there don't even relize you are in the Middle East. The people hearts, welcome western people from all religions and from all countries including US. Don't forget the current govt. in power in Lebanon is one of the most pro-western govt's in the Arab world and the kind of govt. the US wants in all corners of the Arab world but now the US has shown it's back to the govt.

How can any country justify a bombing that kills over 40 people most of them children?

...I am a Muslim and I see what Israel is trying to do, there needs to be peace in the Middle East and I pray for the people of Israel and Lebanon but the way Israel is doing this is not the right way and more needs to be done without bombs and rockets killing inocent lives.

Just a side note, as a American-Muslim I don't belive America needs brought into this Middle East conflict because it is not America's problem but America is the only country in the world that can help bring this to an end and stop inocent lives from being killed.

[Edited 2006-07-30 11:44:38]

Gman94

Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:42 pm

And how exactly are the Lebanese in the south supposed to flee when the Israeli's have taken out the bridges and any vehicles that move are taken out by aircraft?

tough luck lebanon.

Get better about who you let sleep in your bed.

The same 'guilty by association' mentality that Osama and his friends use for carrying out attacks on innocent civilians in the west such as 9/11, Madrid and 7/7 is being used you and Israel to justify these attacks. That make's you and Israel no better then Al Qaeda.
British Airways - The Way To Fly

casinterest

Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:56 pm

Hey,
The people in Lebanon, may be sweet kind and cultured, but they made a big mistake by allowing Hezbollah in.

Hezbollah is using Guerilla warfare. They continue to launch hundreds of rockets into Israel each day. They use buildings and other cover to hide and move as they launch these rockets. Sometimes they use Hospitals, sometimes apartments, sometimes empty space.

Israel has better technology than Hezbollah. When they detect a rocket launch, they have a good idea where it came from. they will launch an attack in response.

To be within 1/4 to 1/2 mile of that rocket launch position is not a good thing.
Yet Hezbollah is continued to be allowed to launch rockets into Israel.
Don't be surprised when the reprisal is much more deadly and accurate.

The people on this board have compasion for the citizens of lebanon.
I do too.
I know families are being torn apart, innocents people are being killed . and that years of hatred and intolerance will continue. But remember it is happening on both sides of the border.

This war was started by Hezbollah, and war is hell.
Some of you are right, in that Lebanon does not need to be reminded of this,
but you would do well to remember that Hezbollah didn't seem to care 3 weeks ago.

casinterest

Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:04 pm

Quoting Gman94 (Reply 11):
The same 'guilty by association'

Unforrtunately it is probably guity by Proximity. If Hezbollah wasn't launching rockets from near those positions, I have high doubts the bombs would have landed near there.

I do feel bad for those people, and I hope some good comes of all this.
I have no idea at this point what that good will be between Lebanon, Hezbollah and Israel, But something needs to be done in that region.

QANTAS077

Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:11 pm

Quoting CasInterest (Reply 13):
If Hezbollah wasn't launching rockets from near those positions, I have high doubts the bombs would have landed near there.

is there concrete proof? i mean the people the IDF just bombed were hiding in a bunker, Israel has lost total sight of what this mission was about, the safe return of it's 2 soldiers and disarming of hezbollah...neither of which is happening. 600 civilians dead in 2.5 weeks..yet barely a dent in the hezbollah ranks has been made.

casinterest

Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:17 pm

Quoting QANTAS077 (Reply 14):
is there concrete proof?

Read the quote.
I said "high doubts"

Both sides have lost control.
Hezbollah continues to launch rockets, hold prisoners, and squash cease-fire attempts that will render them obsolete.

Israel wants the soldiers back, retaliates, and destroys Lebanon.

Lebanon wants peace, but can't meet any middle ground in the above, and is depending on the UN to broker it.

The first step in this cease fire I think will have to be Hezbollah returning the prisoners, and ceasing the rocket launches, and allowing the U.N in.

Without the above, I don't think there will be peace.

Gman94

Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:25 pm

Oh dear Benjamin Netanyahu on Sky News just a moment ago compared the bombing in Qana to the RAF bombing in WWII of the Gestapo HQ in Copenhagen. Some bomb's landed on a local school and killed 86 children and 17 staff. He is obviously not aware that there was no precision weapons in WWII and the attack was carried out at the request of the Danish resistance.

I also highly doubt that any one from the IDF will go and apologise to the people of Qana like the RAF crews did after the war in Copenhagen. It's just sickening to compare any event in WWII to this Israeli turkey shoot.

Danny

Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:31 pm

22 children were killed in this attack.  frown 

EK156

Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:35 pm

My heart is shattered!!!!

I am speechless..... I feel worthless..... helpless....

Soooooo much pain.... soooo much anger.....

frequentflyer

Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:41 pm

tough luck lebanon.

Quoting CasInterest (Reply 12):
The people on this board have compasion for the citizens of lebanon.
I do too.

Then show it.

war is hell.

Your posts make you look like immune to bloodshed.

Congratulations.
Take off and live

EurostarVA

Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:51 pm

Israel brought about its own ending as an illegitimate "state" founded on terror beginning in 1948**, and continuous theft of Arab lands.

**Refer to "King David Hotel Bombing in Jersualem" circa 1946
an act comitted by Irgun, Hagana, and other Jewish organized terror organizations which called for the explusion of Arabs from their native land of Palestine through massacres (a-la-Qana) and illegitimate land "acquisitions" frrom the British mandate.
If there is a will, there is a way

JoKeR

Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:52 pm

Quoting Danny (Reply 2):
Yes, Israel can kill as many civilians as they can and they can always claim that there was one terorist around. It was refugee building ans IDF attack is nothing more than act of terrorism.

Very disturbing - they'll probably call it collateral damage, same stupid term the US used whenever they hit civilians in '99 in Serbia - 3,500 of them; mainly innocent women and children.
Kafa, čaj, šraf?

Gman94

Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:54 pm

Quoting EurostarVA (Reply 20):
**Refer to "King David Hotel Bombing in Jersualem" circa 1946
an act comitted by Irgun, Hagana, and other Jewish organized terror organizations which called for the explusion of Arabs from their native land of Palestine through massacres (a-la-Qana) and illegitimate land "acquisitions" frrom the British mandate.

They also blamed the bombing of the King David Hotel on the British. Now where have we heard the Israeli's blame others for deaths caused at their own hands?

baroque

Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:59 pm

Quoting Beaucaire (Reply 7):
The right-wing judeo-christian clique in Washington will drive us all into outright war and then blame it on the Arabs...

In a spirit of being helpful Beaucaire, should it not read "Washington HAS DRIVEN us all....".?

Quoting United777 (Reply 10):
Don't forget the current govt. in power in Lebanon is one of the most pro-western govt's in the Arab world and the kind of govt. the US wants in all corners of the Arab world but now the US has shown it's back to the govt.

Keeping up my helpful edits, perhaps "Lebanon WAS one of ...". I detect a certain amount of frostiness coming towards Wash DC towards La Rices latest frolics. Hardly surprising when it rather looks as if she arranged for the demolition of the country and for the supply of the bigger and better bombs to do it.

Hezbollah is using Guerilla warfare.

So, with the Israelis nestled away inside modern tanks, what do you expect Hez to do, advance in a thin red line? Every action has an opposite (although not necessarily equal) reaction. The US sees to it that Hez does not have conventional armaments similar to the IDF, so the Hez adopt different tactics. If you want them to fight a tank battle, you had best arrange for them to receive a couple of battalions of, say new Leopards and I am sure Hez would be happy to rerun the battle of Kursk for you.

Israel has better technology than Hezbollah. When they detect a rocket launch, they have a good idea where it came from. they will launch an attack in response.

To be within 1/4 to 1/2 mile of that rocket launch position is not a good thing.

Within 1/4 mile, that is not the story we hear of CEPs for their weapons.

Quoting QANTAS077 (Reply 14):
is there concrete proof? i mean the people the IDF just bombed were hiding in a bunker, Israel has lost total sight of what this mission was about, the safe return of it's 2 soldiers and disarming of hezbollah...neither of which is happening. 600 civilians dead in 2.5 weeks..yet barely a dent in the hezbollah ranks has been made.

checkmark  That is about the size of it. Just you missed the number of recruits they will have gained. Plus a turnaround in attitudes from the Arab states, and even Sunni organizations promising help. Difficult to work out the full balance. Lost one country, many civilians, some guerrillas (probably never know how many) gained, it will take years to count their gains.

QANTAS077

Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:59 pm

gotta love that clown Condie Rice, "Too many children are being killed". i'd ahve thought that the fact that 1 child has died is bad enough...pack up your bags and head home love, your only taken seriously by Bush, Blair & the Israeli's. I can't talk about this shit because it makes me so angry.

We have some large rallies planned down here for the next few weeks, i'll be attending for sure.

FOMEA

Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:26 pm

Quoting Jutes85 (Reply 1):
IDF spokesman Jacob Dalal told CNN that Hezbollah has used the village to fire rockets into western Galilee,

So you destroy towns, Kill Innocent civilians, Commit Massacres... and still can find the rocket Launchers?

Not even one picture of a Destroyed Rocket Launcher.??

I seriously find no different between Israeli Govt and Terrorist groups. None, No Hearts, No Mercy, and both are after Innocent Civilians.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Warning : Graphic Image.
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m122/F-OMEA/qana3.jpg

Quoting OD720 (Reply 4):
Any evidence of destroyed rocket launchers in the village? Maybe under the rubbles?

Yea..Its in this Picture. Take a look.

WHAT A SHAME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May all of them RIP.

Regards
F-OMEA.

[Edited 2006-07-30 14:29:04]
On the internet you can be anything you want..its strange so many choose to be Stupid.

baroque

Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:51 pm

The BEEB has a page at:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5223210.stm
that is titled "Washington risks a wider conflict"

"One major difference this time is that Israel enjoys an indulgence from Washington far beyond anything previous, essentially giving it a free hand.

While previous administrations, despite commitment to the strategic alliance with Israel, kept at least some distance in earlier crises, the US under George W Bush immediately adopted Israel's primary war aim.

There could be no ceasefire until the "root problem - Hezbollah is addressed". Israel would not be under pressure to halt until Hezbollah had been defeated and destroyed. "

I wonder how either or both of Israel are going to get Hez to collaborate in this aim. It seems to me that they just might not.

A second page at:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5224650.stm
is titled "Arab leaders fear rise of Hezbollah" and has a lead para of

"Hezbollah is riding a wave of popularity on the Arab street. Not since it played a role in forcing Israel to withdraw from southern Lebanon in 2000 has it enjoyed such adulation.

Its leader Sheikh Hassan Nasrallah is enjoying something akin to a personality cult.

At a time when Arab governments are seen as largely powerless to influence events, Hezbollah is seen as taking on the Israelis - and behind the Israelis, the American superpower. "

"Now there is a distinct shift.

Washington's Arab friends are pressing urgently for an immediate ceasefire.

King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia has warned darkly of the danger of a wider regional war.

Saudi television this week organised a day-long appeal - or "telethon" - which raised some $29 million (£15.55 million) for Lebanon"

But the critics of Hezbollah find themselves in the minority.
t
The predominant view in the Middle East and the wider Muslim world is overwhelmingly supportive of Hezbollah. "

As I keep saying, with a bit more war on terror using these tactics, the Shia and Sunni will finally be united - well done chaps!! What is your next trick?

[Edited 2006-07-30 14:52:36]

jfk69

Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:54 pm

Put all the elements of the conflict behind, does anybody here think the IDF is strictly targeting civilians here? Do you think that Ehud Ohlmet woke up this morning and said "I think the IDF should bomb 30 kids"......

I don't know If Hezbollah will ever let the press see the rocket launcher but I have to feel there is one down there under the rubble.

Emirates773ER

Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:06 pm

Quoting JFK69 (Reply 27):
I don't know If Hezbollah will ever let the press see the rocket launcher but I have to feel there is one down there under the rubble.

And it is the worth the life of 54 civilians, including 37 handicapped children? You comment is pathetic to say the least.
The Truth is Out There ---- Face It!!!!!

jfk69

Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:17 pm

Quoting Emirates773ER (Reply 28):
And it is the worth the life of 54 civilians, including 37 handicapped children? You comment is pathetic to say the least.

If Hezbollah is going to shoot from civilian areas then there may not be a choice. If Nasrallah or bin laden were hiding among 200 women and children, do you think it is worth the shot????

Price of guerilla warfare sir.

KSYR

Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:24 pm

Hizballah must be very happy! I imagine that Nasrallah started dancing when he heard that 30+ children had been killed. After all, the stated goal of Hizballah is to kill as many Lebanese civilians as possible in order to make Israel out to be the "bad guy". They probably knew that civilians were in this building and fired rockets from next to it with the hopes of the Israelis missing their target and killing some civilians.

These Hizballah thugs are sick, sick people...the blood of all 65 is on Hizballah's hands.

Israel can't be blamed. They dropped leaflets, told civilians to evacuate, saw rocket fire, and attacked. Thanks to Hizballah dozens were killed. All thanks to an illegal strategy of Hizballah that involves using women and children as human shields. Sick, sick people...

Emirates773ER

Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:24 pm

Quoting JFK69 (Reply 29):
If Hezbollah is going to shoot from civilian areas then there may not be a choice. If Nasrallah or bin laden were hiding among 200 women and children, do you think it is worth the shot????

First of all there is absolutely no proof that any rocket launcher was ever present, just to make the IDF actions justifiable one cannot believe that all targets they hit are Hezbollah.

Quoting JFK69 (Reply 29):
Price of guerilla warfare sir.

Sad, Sad comment  no 

baroque

Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:25 pm

OK all of those are possible, what was with the ambulance? Are the Red Cross carrying rockets - that is a new accusation. Or was there a Hez guerrilla hidden inside detected by the trusty G-detector mark VII?

You are going to have a busy time fielding all the IDFs dubious dealings. After a while, it all loses what is known as credibility. UN posts hiding Hez, I see the UN were at it again yesterday as yet another post was hit.

The actions are more consistent with a warning-off for any countries that were disposed to send troops to help the UN.

jfk69

Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:31 pm

Quoting Emirates773ER (Reply 31):

First of all there is absolutely no proof that any rocket launcher was ever present, just to make the IDF actions justifiable one cannot believe that all targets they hit are Hezbollah.

And there is no proof that a rocket launcher was not there either........Prove to me that it wasn't there and I will prove to you it was, exactly we can't. We do not have the equipment the IDF has. Like I said in my original post, does one think the IDF is targeting civilians on purpose or are these civilians being used as shields....answer me the question before you keep ending your comments with
sad, sad comment or pathetic comment to say the least.

jfk69

Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:38 pm

Quoting Baroque (Reply 32):
OK all of those are possible, what was with the ambulance? Are the Red Cross carrying rockets - that is a new accusation. Or was there a Hez guerrilla hidden inside detected by the trusty G-detector mark VII?

I can't answer for this ambulance damage but it has happened quite often that Hamas and Islamic Jihad have used Red Cross ambulances to transfer suicide bombers.

jfk69

Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:51 pm

Quoting Baroque (Reply 32):

I can't answer for this ambulance damage but it has happened quite often that Hamas and Islamic Jihad have used Red Cross ambulances to transfer suicide bombers.

FOMEA

Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:01 pm

Quoting KSYR (Reply 30):
Israel can't be blamed.

Israel wil be blamed for this. No way out of it.
Its not the 1st time.

Quoting KSYR (Reply 30):
They dropped leaflets, told civilians to evacuate,

Not on that Town.

Quoting KSYR (Reply 30):
saw rocket fire, and attacked.

And ISrael Bombed all Roads and Bridges that takes you out of that area.

Now try defending your "ISRAEL" Again.

Sick.

Regards
F-OMEA.
On the internet you can be anything you want..its strange so many choose to be Stupid.

Emirates773ER

Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:09 pm

Quoting JFK69 (Reply 33):
Like I said in my original post, does one think the IDF is targeting civilians on purpose or are these civilians being used as shields

IDF is targeting any moving object there is in Lebanon at the moment, ambulances, lorries, cars, trucks, aid supplies etc. Their concept of war is to bomb every inch of southern Lebanon so that Hezbollah and its support are eradicated forever, this in my mind is a massacre rather than precision bombing. It is hard for me to understand how u can use the concept of human shields when IDF has already hit so many civilian targets without any proof of hezbollah activity in the area.

sw733

Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:21 pm

The people in Lebanon, may be sweet kind and cultured, but they made a big mistake by allowing Hezbollah in.

So many people in the West believe from the news that Hezbollah is only a terrorist organization...that ALL THEY DO is try to kill Jews and destroy Israel. That is not true. I am not saying Hezbollah is some great organization, but they ARE a legitimate political party and organization...they've increased life expectancy and decreased infant mortality in their hospitals, they've raised literacy rates in their schools, and helped to decrease unemployment in southern Lebanon.

I am NOT promoting or sticking up for Hezbollah, I am just giving the other side to westerners who are hand fed that Israel is always right and the Arab countries are usually wrong...it is B.S., and I hope this attack shows it-and I am saying this AS A JEW. My heart goes out to families of those innocent civilians lost on both sides, especially the 37 (soon to be 48?) children in this particular attack. This needs to end, and fast.

[Edited 2006-07-30 16:23:12]

Danny

Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:29 pm

Quoting KSYR (Reply 30):
Israel can't be blamed. They dropped leaflets, told civilians to evacuate,

Absolute rubbish. Israel first bombed all the roads. Then dropped leaflets to flee, then bombed refugee camp full of those who fled and buses with those running away. IDF are terrorists no better and no worse than Al Qaeda, Hezbollah or Hamas. They are just better equipped in american weapons so they can kill more civilians.

They reality is that israeli army got their asses kicked once they entered Lebanon so now they take revenge on civilians.

jacobin777

Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:41 pm

Yet Hezbollah is continued to be allowed to launch rockets into Israel.
Don't be surprised when the reprisal is much more deadly and accurate.

yah...really accurate...really accurate.......more like .."just deadly".... sarcastic 

Quoting Danny (Reply 17):
22 children were killed in this attack.

make that 34 children.. mad 

Put all the elements of the conflict behind, does anybody here think the IDF is strictly targeting civilians here? Do you think that Ehud Ohlmet woke up this morning and said "I think the IDF should bomb 30 kids"......

dude..you are one SICK individual....

Quoting JFK69 (Reply 33):
And there is no proof that a rocket launcher was not there either..

right...so just bomb everything because there might be some chance something was there...."guilty until proven innocent".. sarcastic 

once again, just goes to show what a sick individual you are.....
"Up the Irons!"

Falcon84

Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:41 pm

So many of you are so disgusting. You sit here, and tacitly support the terror thugs of Hezbollah, who DO hide in civilian areas on purpose, to raise the body count, and try to make Israel look like they intentionally target civilians.

Unlike Hezbollah, Israel doesn't target civilians. Their stated goal is to destroy Hezbollah. And if that means hitting a rocket site in a residential area, that's the way war is, unfortunately. It's not like these civilians don't know what is going on. They could have fled, but did not.

I feel terrible for those civilians killed, but unfortunately, the very naive among you seem to think that doesn't happen in war. As someone said in here already, if you allow terrorists in your midst, and you do know about it, you have to take a combatants chances.

And the disgusting thing among all of you is that there's not a peep from any of you when Israeli citizens are killed by a Hezbollah rocket. Not a word.
Work Right, Fly Hard

aviationmaster

Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:45 pm

Quoting SW733 (Reply 38):
So many people in the West believe from the news that Hezbollah is only a terrorist organization...that ALL THEY DO is try to kill Jews and destroy Israel. That is not true. I am not saying Hezbollah is some great organization, but they ARE a legitimate political party and organization...they've increased life expectancy and decreased infant mortality in their hospitals, they've raised literacy rates in their schools, and helped to decrease unemployment in southern Lebanon.

It's not the first time I read something like this about Hezbollah on the forums, but these factors are exactly what makes this organization so disgusting in my eyes. First they put on a face of a caring organization which looks after the well being of the local population, but then on the other hand they support terrorism.

Maybe thanks to Hezbollah being around, life expectancy has increased, infant mortality has dropped because of hospitals now being available or the literacy rate has dropped due building schools, but my question remains, is all of this is being done by Hezbollah to manipulate the local population?

If yes, then in my eyes they belong solely in the group of yet another terrorist organization which is manipulating the local population to achieve their goals.

BWI757

Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:46 pm

Quoting EurostarVA (Reply 20):
Israel brought about its own ending as an illegitimate "state" founded on terror beginning in 1948**, and continuous theft of Arab lands.

Please deliniate the Arab response to the Balfour Declaration? I beleive the Arabic response was "Hell, NO!". The opportunity was there in 1948, which the Arabic world squandered.

Quoting Emirates773ER (Reply 37):
DF has already hit so many civilian targets without any proof of hezbollah activity in the area.

And your indignation for the 1400+ missiles being lobbed at *civilian* targets in Haifa and other northern cities is...where?

The difference between Hez and Israel is that Hez is lobbing rockets anywhere to cause civillain terror. Hez dropped leaflets to warn civillians? Are citizens of the North hiding terrroists?

Israel is using precision-guided weapons, not indiscriminate carpet-bombing. And people were WARNED to stay away. Loss of civillain life is unfortunate, and I do not argue that point. But everyone there had 2 weeks of warning.

Interesting that the same indignation and yelling did not occur when hundreds of people were killed in the India train bombing. No Kofi Annan, no conferences, no UN resolutions. Seems like a double standard to me.....

Added this after seeing Falcon84's post:
Interesting we posted the same thoughts at the same time!

BWI757

[Edited 2006-07-30 16:49:51]
I live in the US but my heart is in Jerusalem!

jfk69

Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:50 pm

Quoting Jacobin777 (Reply 40):
dude..you are one SICK individual...

Quoting Jacobin777 (Reply 40):
once again, just goes to show what a sick individual you are....

This is what I love about this board. Half the responses have nothing to do with the topic or question posed but rather, let's just attack the poster. Explain to me what I said in the post to make me a sick individual?

I posed a question in which you did not answer. Do you think that Israel is targeting children and not terrorists??

Simple yes or no would cover that answer.

I don't condone the killing of civilians and my heart goes out to their families, but they are in a war zone. These incidents will happen, on both sides unfortunately. The point of this war is to root out Hezbollah, if you don't think that they are fighting from within civilian areas then you sir are delirious.

Boeing Nut

Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:50 pm

I dispize saying this but I have all but given up on the Middle East. There will never be peace, there will always be fighting. With this eye for an eye attitude, it's no wonder why the region is going blind to peace.

I'm tired of watching people die, but it's never going to stop.
I'm not a real aeronautical engineer, I just play one on Airliners.net.

Sonic99

Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:52 pm

Quoting Jutes85 (Reply 1):
The Hezbollah scum want to hide among the civilians, there shall be "civilian" deaths. Shows just how much they care about their fellow Arabs.

What a load of crock! Shame on you for just blindly accepting this jibberish.

ltbewr

Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:55 pm

I suspect that this thread will be locked up soon due to the heated conversations.
This is a war that has be comming for a very long time. It is very deadly, especially as to Lebanon. The attack site of Qana, better know to westerners as Cana, is the site of the Biblical wedding feast miracle of Christ. 65+ people were killed due to alleged Hezbollah missles located near it. It is also killing a lot of CHRISTIANS, a point I often make, who do not support Hezbollah. Hezbollan is evil for their terrorism as well as their anti-Israeli/anti-Jewish beliefs, buy I do believe that Israel is wrong in their battle plan, triggering more widespread anti-Israeli hate in the world including to Christians (except the holy rollers in the USA).

sw733

Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:55 pm

Quoting AviationMaster (Reply 42):
is all of this is being done by Hezbollah to manipulate the local population?

Probably, but welcome to politics...that happens in a lot more countries than people care to acknowledge. Maybe not with regards to terrorism, but look at the US - the current Republican White House adminsitration puts on a good show of caring, but really is looking out for big business and friends...seriously, that's politics

SFOMEX

Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:08 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 41):
Their stated goal is to destroy Hezbollah. And if that means hitting a rocket site in a residential area, that's the way war is, unfortunately. It's not like these civilians don't know what is going on. They could have fled, but did not.

Good point Falcon, but you should remember that during the last weeks the IDF targeted many cars and trucks of people trying to leave the area. Check CNN and Haaretz for more info regarding this or check the link I posted in the thread 4 children and the cost of war. The IDF attacked Hezbollah terrorists moving from the south to the north, but in the end they killed many civilians. Therefore, many civilians were too afraid to leave and took their chances taking shelter in basements and other places. I wouldn't rush to blame them for staying in the city.

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 41):
And the disgusting thing among all of you is that there's not a peep from any of you when Israeli citizens are killed by a Hezbollah rocket

I don't know about others, but I have posted my sympathy for the Israeli civilians killed by Hezbollah and other terrorist organizations. Like most decent people everywhere, I condemn terrorism and there are many posts in this forum to probe it. That's why I don't hesitate to use the same expression that Javier Solana (Europe's foreign ministry):

"Nothing can justify (this)." Nothing Falcon, and it's a pity that you can't show the same compassion for the innocent people killed today.
The only thing worst than the GOP is the Democratic Party, think about it!