You Favorite Movie Form The Askew-niverse

Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:05 pm

It is hard to name a favorite but I would still have to go with the original Clerks is still number one on the list with Dogma coming in second ... Last would be Jersey Girl.

Favorite line is Randall's diatribe from The Flying Car:

See? You're what's wrong with this country, hell, with this world. You're always thinking about you're own comfort level, never thinking about the rest of us. This country was built on sacrifice and nearly thirty years of living a life full of selfish foot pampering and inter-gender intercourse has made you too soft to throw your hat over the wall for the good of mankind. And what's worse is; not only do you ruin it for the rest of us with the flying car, but you completely blow the notion of American nobility in the process. The children of the world have no heroic figure to emulate, so the future of mankind continues on it's downward spiral into entropy and mass extinction, until all that was once great about the human race lies buried in the primordial stew, to which we'll most certainly return, thanks to you and your refusal to reach for the stars. And you'll forever be remembered as the sad footnote in the book of life, the wimpy little scumbag who could have breached the chasm of becoming and being, but instead opted to cover his own ass and foot in the process

It's politically sensitive, but it's going to happen.

RE: You Favorite Movie Form The Askew-niverse

Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:03 am

1. Clerks
2. Clerks II
3. Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back
4. Mallrats
5. Dogma
6. Chasing Amy

I've yet to see Jersey Girl, so I won't rank it.

I don't consider "The Flying Car" to be a Askew-niverse movie because it was a segment for The Tonight Show

Hard to pick out my favorite quote, but I've had Randal's infamous line from Clerks II running through my head for the last week and a half. I loved it when he put the word in question on the back of his shirt along with "4 Life".