clipperhawaii

Terrorists Terrorizing In Guantanamo

Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:01 pm

Oh yes, my favorite subject. The "cockroaches" of Guantanmo seem to be up to their old terrorist ways even in prison.

From the AP. -- "The prisoners held at Guantanamo Bay during the war on terror have attacked their military guards hundreds of times, turning broken toilet parts, utensils, radios and even a bloody lizard tail into makeshift weapons, Pentagon reports say."

No! Well you don't say!

There is even this - "Military Police guards are routinely head-butted, spat upon and doused by "cocktails" of feces, urine, vomit and sperm collected in meal cups by the prisoners." Guards currently stationed at Guantanamo describe the atmosphere as "tense" as these prisoners often orchestrate violence in hopes of unnerving their captors, especially with attacks using bodily fluids.

Read that as a form of terrorism folks. Plain and simple.

"I mean, seeing a human being act that way, it's terrifying. ... You are constantly watching before you take your next step to see if something is about to happen," so says a Navy Senior Chief Petty Officer.

Well there Senior Chief, after all... they ARE terrorists in the first place! These people are sorry cases of human beings if there ever was one.

I for one, will be happy when we are rid of the whole lot. One way or another. Draw your own conclusions of what "rid" means.

Now, where's my bug spray? pfsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
"You Can't Beat The Experience"

LOT767-300ER

RE: Terrorists Terrorizing In Guantanamo

Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:09 pm

Make'em listen to 50 Cent.  Wink

Followed by Paris Hilton.

RichardPrice

Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:18 pm

Quoting ClipperHawaii (Thread starter):

What. The. F***. Are. You. On?!

Seriously, the above happens in US prisons every day, its a regular occurance. You really dont have to bring the T word into this, it has sod all to do with it.

Well there Senior Chief, after all... they ARE terrorists in the first place! These people are sorry cases of human beings if there ever was one.

No, they are prisoners accused of terrorism - have any of them been tried and convicted of crimes in a legal court of law?

Im sorry but this thread is highly indicative of society today - label every action as terrorism, treat it more harshly than it would otherwise be treated (mmmm, simple assault charge?), keep the population frightened and cowering and easy to control.

DAL767400ER

Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:20 pm

Quoting LOT767-300ER (Reply 1):
Make'em listen to 50 Cent

Followed by Paris Hilton.

Damn, that would be even more brutal than what happened in Abu Ghoreib  Silly .

scbriml

Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:58 pm

rotfl 

In case you missed it, they are suspected terrorists. Either try them or release them.

If they were treated as human beings, they might behave like them.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Klaus

Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:09 pm

And all that for merely being held without trial or representation for several years? How dare they get mad over that...?  crazy 

I'm sure you would simply sit there and meekly wait for whatever they'll think of doing with you next, wouldn't you...?

It's possible that some of the detainees may in fact be evil terrorists, but looking at the fact that numerous captives had already been released for definitely being innocent after having been held for years, Guantanamo simply stinks, with or without added excrement!  yuck 

oldeuropean

Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:17 pm

O'er the land of the free
And the home of the brave!

Torture all, there could be some culprits between them. Who cares about innocents?
A society on the way back into the Middle Ages.  Yeah sure

Axel
Wer nichts weiss muss alles glauben

rammstein

Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:26 pm

I wonder what happen If you (ClipperHawaii) were kidnapped and put into a hostile camp without the right to talk with your parents and friends, being held without trial for some years.

I'm sure you would act like a gentleman!  Yeah sure
He who wishes to be rich in a day will be hanged in a day. --Leonardo Da Vinci

rammstein

Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:29 pm

Quoting Klaus (Reply 5):
that numerous captives had already been released for definitely being innocent after having been held for years

I wonder if US administration payed them money to compensate this.

Anyone has info?

ME AVN FAN

Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:11 pm

have attacked their military guards

most of those held in Guantanamo were not terrorists but just some people who either were taking courses in those camps up there in military "trades" or people who were serving in the then government army of Afghanistan. Sounds as if you are just one of those US-Americans who enjoy that camp on Cuba as a tool for your revenge in regard to OBL.

Scorpio

Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:22 pm

A form of terrorism?????

Well then, if that's a 'form of terrorism' I guess the US have finally found something to put them on trial for!

"We hereby sentence you to 10 years in prison for the terrorist act of... throwing shit at the guards."

Anyway, as others have said, I'm sure you would act all politely when being kept in prison without trial or representation for several years.

[Edited 2006-08-01 16:31:17]

ME AVN FAN

Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:30 pm

Quoting Scorpio (Reply 10):
We herby sentence you to 10 years in prison for the terrorist act of... throwing shit at the guards."

and another 5 years for having learnt to handle a gun

jaysit

Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:07 am

and even a bloody lizard tail into makeshift weapons

Oh NO !!!

That's so awful. You can really terrorize 200 armed guards with a lizard tail. Those guards must be terrrified.

Gosh, just the other day, my 4-year old nephew "terrorized" my 3-year old niece with a dead cricket.

Quoting Klaus (Reply 5):
I'm sure you would simply sit there and meekly wait for whatever they'll think of doing with you next, wouldn't you...?

Armchair warriors usually end up becoming Big Bubba's "girlfriend" in prison.

But as far as this guy goes, I bet that just one day without airconditioning, ESPN or a big box of donuts would make him wail like the big girl he really is.
Atheism is Myth Understood.

mhodgson

Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:25 am

Military Police guards are routinely head-butted, spat upon and doused by "cocktails" of feces, urine, vomit and sperm collected in meal cups by the prisoners.

it isn't uncommon for prisoners to spread these 'cocktals' around their cells in most countries -it is called a 'dirty protest', and I'm sure many American prisoners do it, too - not just those who are being detained on charges which haven't actually been brought against them yet.

rotfl 
My grandma used to threaten us with 'the wooden spoon' if we were naughty - never actually hit us, but better get her off to Guantanamo immediately!
No trees were harmed by this message. However, several million electrons were terribly inconvenienced

cfalk

Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:32 am

Holy bullcrap, Batman! Some people just don't live in the real world!!!

Quoting Scbriml (Reply 4):
If they were treated as human beings, they might behave like them.

In the real world, there are a lot of people who will stab you in the eye if you don't keep your guard up. The best thing about the strict control in Gitmo is that it has prevented (so far) any fatalities on the part of the guards.

Quoting Oldeuropean (Reply 6):
Torture all, there could be some culprits between them. Who cares about innocents?

Their COULD also be a pig in your ear. But it's damned unlikely.

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 9):
most of those held in Guantanamo were not terrorists but just some people who either were taking courses in those camps up there in military "trades" or people who were serving in the then government army of Afghanistan.

The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

charlienorth

Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:00 am

I thought they were a people of peace and love,sperm bombs,must be thinking of the 72 virgins or some damn thing!
Work hard fly right..don't understand it

clipperhawaii

Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:01 am

These people will use any form or tactic to strike fear. Be it a bomb or a cup full of excrement.

It's a form of terror. Terrorizing, to coerce by intimidation or fear. That's what these people do.

I agree too that we need to put these people on trial and punish them when they are convicted. But we will do it when WE ARE ready to do it. Don't like that? Too bad. Our war, our prisoners, our laws, our doing. And you can shove your world opinion as far as I am concerned. We are the United States, and STILL the leader of the free world. As I said, deal with it and stop being so sympathetic to people who hope for nothing but harm to come to the U.S.

O'er the land of the free
And the home of the brave!

That's right! And keeping these scoundrels in Guantanamo is one way of doing it! Perhaps we can send them your way. No, you wouldn't like that huh?

I just love to see the usual suspects come out of the woodwork with their sympathies. Although predictable, it's very worrisome that people have no clue about the world they live in. Perhaps that is one of the fundamental problems we have in the world today. People just want to look the other way. Not my problem.

most of those held in Guantanamo were not terrorists but just some people who either were taking courses in those camps up there in military "trades" or people who were serving in the then government army of Afghanistan. Sounds as if you are just one of those US-Americans who enjoy that camp on Cuba as a tool for your revenge in regard to OBL.

And some person asks "what am I on?" As I said, very worrisome that people think things like that. Some of you need to get real and understand the happy sunshine and butterfly world you think you live in is not possible with the type of people that are being detained at Guantanamo. And elsewhere. (But shhhhh we can't talk about that!)  

[Edited 2006-08-01 20:03:49]

RichardPrice

Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:05 am

Quoting Clipperhawaii (Reply 16):
I agree too that we need to put these people on trial and punish them when they are convicted. But we will do it when WE ARE ready to do it. Don't like that? Too bad. Our war, our prisoners, our laws, our doing. And you can shove your world opinion as far as I am concerned. We are the United States, and STILL the leader of the free world. As I said, deal with it and stop being so sympathetic to people who hope for nothing but harm to come to the U.S.

I think that about sums up why so many people have a poor opinion at the moment of the US - you dont exactly put your country in any better light.

I so wish there was a 'bitchslap across the internet' button, I could put it to great use.

clipperhawaii

Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:13 am

Quoting RichardPrice (Reply 17):
I think that about sums up why so many people have a poor opinion at the moment of the US - you dont exactly put your country in any better light.

Well pall for years, the United States have just sat by and taken all the hits we can. Welcome to the 21st Century USA.

Enjoy the change and the big stick. Because by God we sure are using it of late.  yes 

I so wish there was a 'bitchslap across the internet' button, I could put it to great use.

Right back at'cha. Americans are increasingly growing tired of "world opinion". We need to start doing what is right for the USA first for a change.

jaysit

Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:13 am

But that would be an act of "terrorism" according to Ms. Macadamia Nut.

It's a form of terror. Terrorizing, to coerce by intimidation or fear.

Oh, yes. That lizard tail, especially. Real fearful stuff.

I'm sure it would have coerced the Gitmo guards to drop their weapons in abject fear and run to Mommy.

[Edited 2006-08-01 20:19:31]

Scorpio

Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:14 am

We are the United States, and STILL the leader of the free world.

Then ACT like it.

clipperhawaii

Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:15 am

Quoting Scorpio (Reply 20):
Then ACT like it.

We have and will continue to do so. But it's on OUR terms.

Thanks so much.

clipperhawaii

Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:18 am

Quoting Jaysit (Reply 19):

I would expect better from you. Seems any argument you have is weak when you result to childish name calling.

I think even you would agree with that?

AeroWesty

Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:19 am

Quoting Clipperhawaii (Reply 18):
Well pall for years, the United States have just sat by and taken all the hits we can. Welcome to the 21st Century USA.

Well pal, I suggest you start by reading "Wars of the 20th Century" and work yourself backwards.
International Homo of Mystery

RichardPrice

Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:20 am

Just what 'hits' has the US been taking? Seriously? Just about the most militarily active country since WW2, with more troops in other countries than any other. There hasnt been a year gone by where the US hasnt been in military action, dropped bombs on someone, or had troops in places they havent been invited into. No, this isnt a US bash, its a valid statement.

Believe me, the world is getting a bit tired of people like you claiming that the US is soooo good that everything should just be left to your god given judgement.

Enjoy the change and the big stick. Because by God we sure are using it of late.

I wonder why the use of that 'big stick' isnt classed as 'terrorism' in your eyes, its certainly used to coerce other nations.

damirc

Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:23 am

We are the United States, and STILL the leader of the free world.

Damn. Must have missed *that* election. FWIW ... I like the USA, but what is has been doing the past couple of years is political suicide.

D.

rammstein

Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:24 am

It's a form of terror. Terrorizing, to coerce by intimidation or fear. That's what these people do.

I agree too that we need to put these people on trial and punish them when they are convicted. But we will do it when WE ARE ready to do it.

Fine, but please remember that according to International Law, you are doing something illegal. Or US people can follow the laws only when they want?

Quote:
Don't like that? Too bad. Our war, our prisoners, our laws, our doing.

They are not prisoners of war, because US didn't declare war on Afganistan.
Are you able to define them? I might suggest kidnapped?

Quote:
And you can shove your world opinion as far as I am concerned. We are the United States, and STILL the leader of the free world.

thumbsup 

Scorpio

Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:26 am

Quoting Clipperhawaii (Reply 21):
We have and will continue to do so. But it's on OUR terms.

SO let me summarize: you're the leader of the FREE world, yet we're to listen or else?

Do you know how to spell h-y-p-o-c-r-i-t-e?

Oh, and stop speaking in the name of the US. You're putting an awful lot of your fellow countrymen to shame by doing so.

[Edited 2006-08-01 20:29:23]

damirc

Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:27 am

Quoting RichardPrice (Reply 24):
I wonder why the use of that 'big stick' isnt classed as 'terrorism' in your eyes, its certainly used to coerce other nations.

But. Don't you understand the concept of US and THEM? US being the good guys and THEM being the bad guys?

Sarcasm hat off ... the USA has done a lot of good in this world. It has done a few mistakes - but it's easy to do mistakes if you do something as opposed to not doing anything (not even mistakes!).

Must people, however, are not really into arrogant trollingfests ...

D.

clipperhawaii

Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:28 am

Just what 'hits' has the US been taking? Seriously? Just about the most militarily active country since WW2, with more troops in other countries than any other. There hasnt been a year gone by where the US hasnt been in military action, dropped bombs on someone, or had troops in places they havent been invited into. No, this isnt a US bash, its a valid statement.

There hasn't been a year gone by where the US hasn't been in military action,dropped bombs on someone, or had troops in places they haven't been invited into.

rotfl  Another revisionist!

Believe me, the world is getting a bit tired of people like you claiming that the US is soooo good that everything should just be left to your god given judgement.

Sorry, but do we control you and your life? No we don't, so what do you care? Go on living the life you have. Frankly that would be great. Unless of course you call the USA to come help and bail you out.

I am not going to drag this further except to say that my feelings about Guantanamo are very correct and strong. You will just have to accept it because that's the way it is.  Smile

DrDeke

Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:29 am

This is utterly embarrassing to me as an American. You talk about "our laws." Our laws don't generally call for holding people in jail for years with no charges and no access to the judicial system, and this is for good reason!

That's right! And keeping these scoundrels in Guantanamo is one way of doing it!

Throwing people in jail for years who have not been convicted of a crime is one way of keeping us free? That's a hot one. If they're guilty, they need to be convicted and sentenced. If not, they need to be let go. Full stop, end of story. That's how the rule of law works, and that's the only way I know of that we can have any hope of remaining a free nation.

-DrDeke
If you don't want it known, don't say it on a phone.

jaysit

Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:30 am

Quoting Clipperhawaii (Reply 22):

I would expect better from you. Seems any argument you have is weak when you result to childish name calling.

I think even you would agree with that?

Uh, no.

Your entire post is so over-the-top absurd and has provided us with such amusement and laughter this dull and stifling afternoon, that all one can do is picture some guy running around in a hula skirt terrified of a severed lizard tail.

You are a scream, dude. That's what I love about A.net. Never a dull moment. Btw, we're all eagerly awaiting your next pearl of wisdom. This is waaaaaay better than Comedy Central.

RichardPrice

Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:34 am

Quoting Clipperhawaii (Reply 29):
Another revisionist!

Yes I suppose I am a revisionist - that is, if you have been sitting in a closet all your life and taking news from Fox.

Google around, visit some other news sources (my RSS list has 49 news sources in it, a broad range of the spectrum) and you might actually get an idea of whats going on in the world.

Quoting Clipperhawaii (Reply 29):
Sorry, but do we control you and your life? No we don't, so what do you care? Go on living the life you have. Frankly that would be great. Unless of course you call the USA to come help and bail you out.

And thats just it, I dont want there to be any potential of you ever controlling my life - but the way its going at the moment, theres a chance of that happening in the future.

Quote:

I am not going to drag this further except to say that my feelings about Guantanamo are very correct and strong. You will just have to accept it because that's the way it is

People around the world have accepted detention camps, torture camps, imprisonment without trial and many other tyrannical things as correct and required and had strong feelings about them, did it make them right?

jaysit

Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:36 am

Quoting DrDeke (Reply 30):
This is utterly embarrassing to me as an American. You talk about "our laws." Our laws don't generally call for holding people in jail for years with no charges and no access to the judicial system, and this is for good reason!

And they're not our laws.

In a b*tchslap heard all around the world, the Supreme Court made that clear to the now red-faced Bush White House and its so-called Attorney General.

Maybe it just takes awhile for news to get to some of our very own A.net comedians.

clipperhawaii

Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:36 am

Quoting Jaysit (Reply 31):
Your entire post is so over-the-top absurd

Sure what ever you say. Read the report from AP.

Then get back to us. With your sympathies.

And since you like Hawaiian words.

Aloha!

rammstein

Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:39 am

Throwing people in jail for years who have not been convicted of a crime is one way of keeping us free? That's a hot one. If they're guilty, they need to be convicted and sentenced. If not, they need to be let go. Full stop, end of story. That's how the rule of law works, and that's the only way I know of that we can have any hope of remaining a free nation.

Finally someone witch is able to connect the neurons inside his head. Good points DrDeke, thanks.

jaysit

Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:47 am

Quoting Clipperhawaii (Reply 34):
Sure what ever you say. Read the report from AP.

rotfl 

Oh, man, only you could take that report and unilaterally declare the use of a severed lizard tail and a teaspoon of spunk "acts of terrrorism."

clipperhawaii

Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:52 am

Quoting Jaysit (Reply 36):
Oh, man, only you could take that report and unilaterally declare the use of a severed lizard tail and a teaspoon of spunk "acts of terrrorism."

I guess you miss the whole point of the article then. I frankly doubt it as you just don't want to say, "there's a point here".

Think whatever you like. The fact remains, they are terrorists, they use terrorist tactics, and WE have them behind bars. And we will decide what to do woth them. WE will decide.

Truth sets you free. You may need a key though. LOL

Scorpio

Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:55 am

Quoting Clipperhawaii (Reply 37):
The fact remains, they are terrorists

They are? Every single last one of them? Including the ones that you said a year ago were 'most certainly' terrorists, yet have been released meanwhile? Or just the ones that are there now?

Anyway, let's see some proof. Let's see them charged, tried and convicted. Until then, they're merely suspects. And we don't even know suspects of what exactly they are.

[Edited 2006-08-01 20:58:49]

clipperhawaii

Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:08 am

Through appropriate investigations some were in fact released. What, no credit for the U.S. for that?

These remaining people will be dealt with in due course. But the U.S. will determine the timeliness of it.

rammstein

Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:13 am

Quoting Clipperhawaii (Reply 39):
Through appropriate investigations some were in fact released. What, no credit for the U.S. for that?

Sure, but I repeat my question, just in case you are deaf... Were the released people compensated for the damage? Any official excuse from the US government?

Maybe yes, I just ask for curiosity.

Scorpio

Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:16 am

What, no credit for the U.S. for that?

For what? Setting innocent people free after having illegally detained them for several years without access to councelling, and in many cases only after great international pressure? Well woop-ti-doo for the US then  

These remaining people will be dealt with in due course.

So let's see... are you now saying that they may actually NOT all be terrorists? In other words, are we witnessing the first sensible thing you've said here in a very long time?

[Edited 2006-08-01 21:17:39]

Doona

Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:25 am

Hey, if feces, urin and sperm were the only things terrorists threw at you, the world would probably be a better place, albeit a little disgusting.

Cheers
Mats
Sure, we're concerned for our lives. Just not as concerned as saving 9 bucks on a roundtrip to Ft. Myers.

rammstein

Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:27 am

Quoting Doona (Reply 42):
Hey, if feces, urin and sperm were the only things terrorists threw at you, the world would probably be a better place, albeit a little disgusting.

rotfl   rotfl  Now it's Clipperhawaii turn  stirthepot 

Klaus

Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:33 am

Think whatever you like. The fact remains, they are terrorists, they use terrorist tactics, and WE have them behind bars. And we will decide what to do woth them. WE will decide.

"WE" have apparently decided that many of them were definitely innocent, which led to their release.

Not that that had saved them from being imprisoned without recourse before.

I'd stop yelling about you being the king of the world and start swimming instead.  crazy 

clipperhawaii

Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:34 am

Quoting Scorpio (Reply 41):
For what? Setting innocent people free after having illegally detained them for several years without access to councelling, and in many cases only after great international pressure? Well woop-ti-doo for the US then

Scorpio, the high school teacher. You will never find anything you are happy with involving the U.S. You hate the U.S. and can't stand it. Even when wrongs are corrected you poo poo the U.S. I say this based on your posts in this entire forum.

When I post "we will do it on our terms" those words are directed to people like you. To remind you that we are in control of these people. Not you.

And for all your screaming for some sort of justice, you are still not happy when things go more your way. So, because of those around the world who will always be pissy at the U.S. I say let's get tough to the next degree and do things that are right for us the U.S. first and not be so concerned about "world opinion".

We need to make the right decisions and not make them because of concern of what a high school teachers opinion in Belgium might be. Frankly, I could care less. But when it comes to making sure that we are protecting American interests and potentially yours as well, I am all for it.

And that is the case here.

dl021

Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:43 am

I'm not sure that the prisoners actions are terrorism in any but its most literal definition, but I'm fairly certain they were all captured in the act of fighting US military forces in a combat zone.
That makes them either ununiformed soldiers (unentitled to Geneva accord protections) or terrorists. Which do you prefer?

Quoting RichardPrice (Reply 2):
No, they are prisoners accused of terrorism - have any of them been tried and convicted of crimes in a legal court of law?

Since when are military captives accorded civil rights? Whose laws should they fall under? Why is this a criminal matter instead of a military matter?

A society on the way back into the Middle Ages.

Way overboard. Spoken like a man who has never known true difficulty and is reaching for someone elses martyrdom to bask in.

Quoting Klaus (Reply 5):
It's possible that some of the detainees may in fact be evil terrorists, but looking at the fact that numerous captives had already been released for definitely being innocent after having been held for years,

They are generally people who were trying to kill US soldiers and captured instead of killed on the field of battle. They get released when they don't seem to present any further threat. We kept EPWs in every war until the end of the conflict, I don't see why this should be different? German prisoners acted out during WWII......why should these guys not do the same?

most of those held in Guantanamo were not terrorists but just some people who either were taking courses in those camps up there in military "trades" or people who were serving in the then government army of Afghanistan.

Taking courses in fundamentalist training camps where they were learning to wield a firearm for Allah. They were fighting us in Afghanistan for the most part, but some were taken elsewhere. I think your definitions of terrorist and student/tourist may be confused. Possibly.

And some person asks "what am I on?"

One of the surest ways to discredit someone is to accuse them of insanity/drunkeness/stupidity. Then everything they say is suspect to the people that already feel the way of the accusor.

No...what I think sums up the way many people feel is that they don't like that we do things so differently and don't really seem to care what the rest of the world thinks about us.

There is a serious effort on the part of some media and interest groups all over to paint us as the bad guys in everything, even though we give the most money to the UN, give billions to Tsunami aid and other charities outside our own country, and it's been picked up on by some national politicians who played this up to win points in elections (always good to look like you're going up against the big bully, even if you have to paint the bully) and a media looking to score ratings by whipping up fervor.

Too many also fail to recognize the ultimate culprits in much of the unrest today. It's not us. The instigators of the trouble seem to be given a pass, or treated as delinquents who must be appeased until they grow out of the problems...... the problem with that is they are doing more and more damage and inculcating new generations with their brand of madness.

You'd get it first...I assure you.

Now, is that productive or conducive to polite discussion?

You are such a name-caller...... I think that you have a 'nut' fixation.

Our laws are intended for citizens and residents of our country. Not for people who are overseas trying to kill us, or that come here looking to kill us for political/religious purposes. Terrorism is not a civil affair to be dealt with by criminal courts. They aren't set up for it.
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

DrDeke

Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:55 am

Quoting Clipperhawaii (Reply 45):
Scorpio, the high school teacher.

And your lofty position gives you not only a better position from which to comment, but also the standing to criticize Scorpio's employment?

Quoting DL021 (Reply 46):
Our laws are intended for citizens and residents of our country. Not for people who are overseas trying to kill us, or that come here looking to kill us for political/religious purposes. Terrorism is not a civil affair to be dealt with by criminal courts.

The Supreme Court seems to disagree with you on that one...

-DrDeke
If you don't want it known, don't say it on a phone.

clipperhawaii

Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:00 am

I'm not sure that the prisoners actions are terrorism in any but its most literal definition

I feel that they are. Albeit in a very, very simplistic form. It's all they can do and they seem to use it as a form of terrorism to best suit their needs.

One of the surest ways to discredit someone is to accuse them of insanity/drunkeness/stupidity. Then everything they say is suspect to the people that already feel the way of the accusor.

Very good point. Thanks for the reminder.

jaysit

Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:11 am

I guess you miss the whole point of the article then. I frankly doubt it as you just don't want to say, "there's a point here".

What point (assuming that you even have one)?

That the act of throwing spooge or (gasp) a lizard tail in the face of one's captors is an act of terrorism? Under which laws, other than the ones you've suddenly conjured up (must be the laws of the land of lizard phobias)? Certainly not those of the United States.

Incidentally, the whole conceit of Gitmo was to hold "suspected" terrorists. And as you may know yourself over 140 have been let go, and only 10 accused of crimes. Unless you're part of some super Judiciary that has the power of the Oracle to determine guilt prior to a trial (even a Gitmo style trial), then your comments that this people "are terrorists" is worth less than the feces (or that "deadly" lizard tail) employed by the Gitmo prisoners.