cedarjet

What Is Racism?

Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:21 pm

Much to my irritation, the thread about Palestinian "racism" has been locked. So, some Palestinian newspaper or Hamas spokesperson referred to Condaleeza Rice as "'colored dark skin lady'' and this was seized upon as racist.

Is it? I don't think so, cos she is coloured dark skin lady. If that is racist, then surely the implication of the accusation is that having dark coloured skin is a bad thing. Calling people names like the N word or associating the colour of their skin to behavioural stereotypes, especially negative ones, is racist. But is it racist merely to say someone has dark skin?
fly Saha Air 707s daily from Tehran's downtown Mehrabad to Mashhad, Kish Island and Ahwaz

AerospaceFan

RE: What Is Racism?

Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:27 pm

Quoting Cedarjet (Thread starter):
But is it racist merely to say someone has dark skin?

It depends on the context, it seems to me. Is someone's skin color relevant? And how many times is the description made? Is the article generally positive or negative? Is the tone of the article in which it appears respectful?

I think that if we were to read an article criticizing the "dark-skinned Kofi Annan", many of us would question whether its writer was prejudiced.

Contra, consider the following: "Nichelle Nichols of Star Trek fame is well-known to many for helping to pioneer the acceptance of blacks in the entertainment industry. The dark-skinned beauty, in her role as Lt. Uhura, once engaged Captain Kirk in an on-screen embrace that is often said to be the first interracial kiss in American prime time television." Now, this sentence, which I just made up, seems to me to be positive and I wouldn't think it would subject me to suspicion of racism, although even so, it is to some degree necessarily archaic because the term "dark-skinned" seems so obsolescent in this day and age.

[Edited 2006-08-01 15:37:37]
What's fair is fair.

BotsCom

Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:28 pm

But is it racist merely to say someone has dark skin?

Of course not. But it becomes racist, when she is simply singled out for it and it then comes out into the open. Sadly in the Arab World, if you have black skin, you are more than likely to be singled out for it. Where else, in the West now, and I mean UK, Canada, or USA it's dealt with more much more tact.
TAAG-New 777's

melpax

Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:33 pm

I'm not a racist person, but........

There was a Sri Lankan woman who worked in my office who would complain about our Chinese colleagues talking to each other in Cantonese - this same woman would then call her husband & talk to him in Singhalese... a severe case of double standards.

Go figure.
Essendon - Whatever it takes......

AerospaceFan

Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:40 pm

In answering the topic question, I would offer a very brief definition of racism: It is the belief in the superiority of any race, and thus the inferiority of any other race, on the basis of any difference attributed, rightly or wrongly, to characteristics founded on race.

I realize that the above would require further definitions -- for example, of "race" -- but I think that it is probably a good start.

[Edited 2006-08-01 15:42:44]
What's fair is fair.

ME AVN FAN

Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:00 pm

the thread about Palestinian "racism" has been locked

yes, as some apparently regarded the whole thread as racist

Quoting AerospaceFan (Reply 1):
Is the article generally positive or negative?

It was NOT "generally" negative. It contained things like "her feminity and her high intelligence" "lady" in various points, and "dark" used in the way you describe a "Black Panther" . It was NOT as negative as many perceived it to be. All in all, Mrs Rice as a person is appreciated and even liked, in spite of working for a dis-liked boss.

Quoting Melpax (Reply 3):
There was a Sri Lankan woman who worked in my office who would complain about our Chinese colleagues talking to each other in Cantonese - this same woman would then call her husband & talk to him in Singhalese... a severe case of double standards.

Such "double-standards" unfortnately happen quite often. Hope that people in your office managed to tell her this in a polite and nice and co-operative but clear way.

AerospaceFan

Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:03 pm

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 5):
It was NOT as negative as many perceived it to be. All in all, Mrs Rice as a person is appreciated and even liked, in spite of working for a dis-liked boss.

That's good to know, and I appreciate your clarification of this issue. In that case, I wouldn't be so quick to characterize such article as racist.

In any event, perhaps we should discuss the topic question a bit more to avoid the temptation to treat this as a re-opened topic from a thread that was closed. What are your feelings as to what racism is?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

[Edited 2006-08-01 16:07:20]
What's fair is fair.

ME AVN FAN

Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:17 pm

Quoting AerospaceFan (Reply 6):
the temptation to treat this as a re-opened topic from a thread that was closed. What are your feelings as to what racism is?

I would advocate a restrictive use of that term. To declare any ultra-nationalist chauvinist attitude as racist simply is rubbish. Racism is if somebody gets attacked based on "racial features" like skin colour or face-aspects like nose, eyes, lips, etc.

deltagator

Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:19 pm

So, some Palestinian newspaper or Hamas spokesperson referred to Condaleeza Rice as "'colored dark skin lady'' and this was seized upon as racist.

It clearly isn't but so many folks get their feathers ruffled these days (is that racist against birds?) it seems some days you just shouldn't even speak in public. Perhaps the word black or African-American doesn't translate that well into Arabic. Maybe it was met as an insult but I don't think so.

I'm not a racist person, but........

And what you stated wasn't racist in the least. You pointed out the double standards of an ignorant person and there isn't any problem with that.

What Is Racism?

To me racism is the belief that one race is genetically superior to another. Nazi Germany is the best example with their views of blue eyed blondes being superior to everyone else. Of course the sweet irony of a black guy going into the Olympics and showing them up was classic. KKK members here in the US (I'm guessing they are elsewhere as well but mainly in the US) thinking they are superior to black folks is almost comical as well. Black Panthers thinking that they are better than white folks is comical on the other end.

There are tons of other examples but I stick to the classic definition of the word. Folks are probably going to tell you that any group of people being mean to another group of people is racism but I would argue that (right or wrong) because the word RACE is right there in the word.

The word race will of course be up for debate as well and some folks will probably say that any group of people (blacks, whites, English, A.net members, etc.) can be considered a race but I still disagree though what constitutes a race is kind of open. In the US races are considered white, black, asian, hispanic, and a few others while some will argue against those classifications but that is a different thread.

To summarize...

racism=one race gentically superior to another race

all else=bigoted

Of course this one is just my opinion but I could be wrong.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

ME AVN FAN

Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:25 pm

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 8):
Perhaps the word black or African-American doesn't translate that well into Arabic

A majority of Arabs ARE "African" which means on the African side of the Arab World, and many ARE "black". And while most Arabs regard themselves as (more or less) "Whites", it is rather mixed. THAT is the reason for having BOTH "black" and "dark skinned" . BUT the term "lady" appears so often that it almost becomes referential.

CO7e7

Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:27 pm

To me racism is the belief that one race is genetically superior to another

checkmark   checkmark 

i see it as discrimination or prejudice based on race.
It's that simple.

-Zaki

BotsCom

Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:30 pm

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 9):
A majority of Arabs ARE "African" which means on the African side of the Arab World, and many ARE "black". And while most Arabs regard themselves as (more or less) "Whites"

In a strict geographical sense, yes, but by any other measure, subscribed or not. Claimed or unclaimed, they are not. Contrast that with Israel, where blacks are well integrated, accepted at least by authority level and play an active part in their country, like serving in the IDF. The difference yet again, between Israel and the of the Arab world, couldn't be clearer.
TAAG-New 777's

ME AVN FAN

Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:32 pm

Quoting BotsCom (Reply 11):
where blacks are well integrated

reports about problems, Israeli of Ethiopian origin DO face in Israel, speak rather a different language from your "dreams"

Marcus

Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:39 am

This is a good example of racism..............
RE: A Solution To Gas Prices And Illegal Immigarnts (by Matt D Jul 27 2006 in Non Aviation)#ID1313140
Kids!....we are going to the happiest place on earth...TIJUANA! signed: Krusty the Clown

deltagator

Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:53 am

Quoting Marcus (Reply 13):

Tasteless but I don't know if I could deem it racist. He is proposing putting the illegal aliens to work. Of course they shouldn't be here unless they come through the right legal channels but I digress. I don't see where he is advocating he as what I suppose is a white guy that he is superior to hispanics. Rather he is just coming up with a solution to his problem and the country's problem all at once though it is unfeasible and quite silly.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

Marcus

Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:56 am

You are kidding...........right?
Kids!....we are going to the happiest place on earth...TIJUANA! signed: Krusty the Clown

deltagator

Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:21 am

No, as I read it I don't see racism. I see tasteless behavior but that is all. Why not put the illegal aliens to work and earn their way into the country?

Of course I'm kidding that it is a good idea. I still don't think it is racism but then I'm not Mexican and as I said earlier in the thread the definition of race is so open to debate that who really knows.

JOSEMEX

Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:34 am

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 16):
I still don't think it is racism

You still don't think it's racism?:

Quoting BaylorAirBear (reply 4 on the same thread):

>Damn, I was hoping you were incinerating them and using the ash to power your new hybrid vehicle.<

trvyyz

Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:20 am

this same woman would then call her husband & talk to him in Singhalese.

I don't see what is wrong in that. Her husband doesn't work for that company, but the others are employees of the same company.

Do you expect her to talk to her husband in her non-native language? After all are you interested in their "personal matters"?

And what you stated wasn't racist in the least.

checkmark 

To me racism is the belief that one race is genetically superior to another.

checkmark 

or I would like to put its as "racism is the belief that one race is genetically INFERIOR to another."

deltagator

Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:42 am

Quoting JoseMEX (Reply 17):
You still don't think it's racism?:

Quoting BaylorAirBear (reply 4 on the same thread):

>Damn, I was hoping you were incinerating them and using the ash to power your new hybrid vehicle.<

Tasteless yes. But I just don't see it as racism. Insert any nationality there and see others get offended. Put in Florida Cracker instead of Mexican and see me get annoyed.

You're making the assertation that a nationality is a race whereas I disagree with that definition. I'm not condoning the comments in that thread but I don't see BAB (or anyone else) saying we as white folks are better than hispanics.

I suppose we will just agree to disagree.

ME AVN FAN

Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:26 pm

RE: A Solution To Gas Prices And Illegal Immigarnts (by Matt D Jul 27 2006 in Non Aviation)#ID1313140

It is extreme jingoism, but as "illegal immigrants" are NOT a race and hardly just of one race, it is NOT racism.

BotsCom

Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:33 pm

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 12):
reports about problems, Israeli of Ethiopian origin DO face in Israel, speak rather a different language from your "dreams"

No country is perfect, I made no claims that Israel is perfect. What I meant, is that, on the whole,m immigrants to Israel play a active part in that countries development. You are issued a passport the moment you land, given assistance with housing, and integrating yourself into the community.

In fact when you compare the situation of immigrants to Israel and those of Arab countires, the dffierences are stark. In contrast, it is well known, in parts of Saudi Arabia, that slave trading still exists.
TAAG-New 777's

ME AVN FAN

Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:51 pm

Quoting BotsCom (Reply 21):
it is well known, in parts of Saudi Arabia, that slave trading still exists.

there is no slave-trading in Saudi Arabia. Whenever living conditions of many "guest-workers" in households are not much better. The last Arab country which DID have slavery was Mauritania, where you in Nouakchott could get the explanation in places "you see, the young man gardening overthere is a slave, and belongs to our court president" and that in the mid 1980ies ! Slavery however was abolished in Mauritania on 1st January 2000 .
-
-----------------

Israel and those of Arab countires, the dffierences are stark

the differences between the various Arab countries are enormous, so that you canNOT compare the Arab World as a whole with Israel. And you have to take into account the very special situation of Israel, which btw. is MOST restrictive in case an Israeli Arab wants to marry an Arab NON-Israeli, but as a kind of "raison-d'etre" supports any Jews immigrating.

[Edited 2006-08-02 09:56:03]

vc10

Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:33 pm

Here in the UK our local "olde worldie pub" has been bought and completely stafted by Europeans, all the British staff were "let Go" !!!.

Other than when serving you the staff talk between themselves in their own language , which of coarse no customer an understand. Mind you this has happened in Chinese and Indian restuarants for decades

Now is this Racism or just bad manners

They are actually muttering about people being predjudiced against them as they are losing their custermers.

littlevc10

rolfen

Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:21 pm

Here is a post that I wrote on another forum in a thread called 'My son was hit and called a terrorist' started by an american women who is married to a lebanese.

Quote:
At the base of the whole conflict is the assumption that terrorists are 'just like that' , that somehow terrorist are so by nature, by birth... and that assumption is wrong and even in a way racist. Why would people chose hate and destruction over a peaceful life? they cant answer. They say those people are like that, they are a cancer to society, a plague that must be eliminated. They cannot be spoken to, they say, they cannot be reasoned with.

At the origin of war there is always some sort of racism, a claim that the other side are bad by nature, and will eliminate us if we dont do so first.
This racism is on both sides.

Here is what your great civilisation of peace and tolerance, the great culture of democracy and justice, whose word is always right, and who are never stray from the path of justice... this is what they say.

Arabs are bad... they are terrorists... it's true I saw it on CNN, it's what g.bush the might defender of justice and democracy and freedom said.

Conspiracies everywhere, paranoia from both sides.

What a waste.

Link to the original
rolf

ME AVN FAN

Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:36 pm

Quoting Rolfen (Reply 24):
paranoia from both sides.

What a waste.

Link to the original

What I clearly DISliked in that thread there is the remark of this "Plakkis" who found it important to state "I am a Maronite". Which sounds as if he regards his Muslim compatriots as more or less terrorist-minded.

ANCFlyer

Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:59 pm

Not even close, it's an example, perhaps, of a bad joke in bad taste. It's only racial if you're carrying around a huge chip on your shoulder - and have a couple race cards at the ready . . .

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 20):
It is extreme jingoism, but as "illegal immigrants" are NOT a race and hardly just of one race, it is NOT racism.

checkmark 

I have seen nothing in this thread that can be called racist.

What I've seen are some ignorant remarks that get the race card tossed at them because it's more convenient to holler "RACE DISCRIMINATION" and head down the road of hatred and strife than to try to educate said offender.

That damn race card is so quickly and heavily used it has, in fact, lost it's value and means little to nothing at this point in many sectors.

Cynthia McKinney . . . prime example.

Post #13, this thread, another example.

Recent escapade with Mo'Nique on an airplane, another example.

I could go on . . .

Put the race card away boys and girls and bring it out when it's really warranted, lest all it's credibility be lost.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

deltagator

Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:11 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 26):
Cynthia McKinney . . . prime example.

Completely off topic but she debated her opponent in the Democratic runoff the other night. Honestly neither was good but the polls are saying Johnson is up by 15-20%. She may just be leaving.

rolfen

Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:23 pm

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 25):
What I clearly DISliked in that thread there is the remark of this "Plakkis" who found it important to state "I am a Maronite". Which sounds as if he regards his Muslim compatriots as more or less terrorist-minded.

It is not what he meant, it is a minusderstanding, if you read his further posts youll see that this is his signature and it is unrelated to the content of his post.

But youre right some maronite would answer that (although i dont know many  Wink )... These people are, like so many other, lebanese or not, victim of living in their cocoon and never questionning their beliefs.
rolf

ME AVN FAN

Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:17 pm

Quoting Rolfen (Reply 28):
It is not what he meant, it is a minusderstanding, if you read his further posts youll see that this is his signature and it is unrelated to the content of his post.

ok, makes things better !

Quoting Rolfen (Reply 28):
But youre right some maronite would answer that (although i dont know many

I have seen such things in some places, and found it irritating. Mostly if people defend themselves in front of Europeans and do NOT realize that they by showing themselves as "honourable exceptions" rather damage their own nation.

cedarjet

Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:20 pm

No country is perfect, I made no claims that Israel is perfect. What I meant, is that, on the whole, immigrants to Israel play a active part in that countries development. You are issued a passport the moment you land, given assistance with housing, and integrating yourself into the community.

Dude, you simply can't make the comparison. Israel is desperate for warm bodies to fight the (ultimately futile) demographic race with Palestinians. The population of the Gaza Strip doubles every generation, ironically because of Israel keeping everyone under house arrest and curfew - what else are you going to do but shag? For Israel it's "populate or perish" - and it's not a very desirable place to live, what with all your neighbouring countries praying for your destruction, and some working actively towards that goal. So you bet you get a house and a car and some cash. I would want a house with a gold plated toilet, a bloody big plasma telly and a bomb shelter. No other country is in the same position of basically trying to establish itself on someone else's land from scratch, surrounded and outnumbered by it's original inhabitants and their allies. And so you just turn up at the border, say you're Jewish, and in you come, and get the keys to your beautiful new house. You'd have to be clearly non Jewish (whatever that means) to invite any scrutiny at all. So don't give Israel any credit for being a racial utopia, doubly so given their treatment of Muslims, even Israeli Muslims.
fly Saha Air 707s daily from Tehran's downtown Mehrabad to Mashhad, Kish Island and Ahwaz

BotsCom

Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:41 pm

Quoting Cedarjet (Reply 30):

It's a futile act. Opposition to Israel is so entrenched, some are blinded by pure hatred of the Jews to establish their own country. Look, for the sake of time, Israel is there, the Jews have always been there, and will always be there.
Nothing can be done about it. Now are you prepared to open your eyes, more?
TAAG-New 777's

cedarjet

Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:16 am

Quoting BotsCom (Reply 31):
some are blinded by pure hatred of the Jews to establish their own country.

Complete rubbish. Arguing that objection to Israel is anti-Semitism is pathetic. Israel take over Palestine and force the entire Palestinian population into refugee camps in neighbouring countries, and use violence to get their way, and if people object, they must be anti Jewish. Yeah right. So if Israel was the nation of Zorastrianism, no one would mind them bulldozing houses with families inside them, shooting ambulences and assassinating wheelchair-bound old men with air-to-ground missiles.

the Jews have always been there

In small numbers, sure, of course there has always been a Jewish minority in Palestine, as in Iraq or Yemen or Lebanon before 1948. But your argument is very shakey, on one hand you're saying the Jews have always been there, yet we got onto the whole issue of Israel cos you correctly pointed out how Israel is handing out passports and cash on the spot to anyone who can recognise a Star of David. So, one minute it's

And the next?

You are issued a passport the moment you land, given assistance with housing, and integrating yourself into the community.

Which is it? And why do you care so much that you're willing to twist yourself into logic-defying knots?

ME AVN FAN

Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:30 am

Israel is there, the Jews have always been there,

They before 1920 were less than 10% of the population of Palestine, so in a way have NOT been there between 300AD and 1920AD. And Palestine between approx 800AD and 1920AD had a definite Arab majority. So much for "always". True enough, President Sadat and King Hussein pioneered the way for simply accepting them as "being around". It was the simple conclusion that if you cannot convince somebody to get out and find it impossible to achieve this goal either way you try to find ways WITH them. While few people in the Arab World really are "working" on getting rid of the Jews and their "State of Israel", the popularity of that country has its definite limits. Your black+white painting is wrong, and out-dated anyway as we all nowadays have colour-TV and even colour-computer-program. So that you might update your ideas as well.

ME AVN FAN

Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:35 am

pure hatred of the Jews

while I at present rather perceive pure hatred from the side of Israelis and the White House against whomever does NOT support them both, and whomever might NOT have "acted" against particular adversaries of that Israeli state

Quoting Cedarjet (Reply 32):
use violence to get their way

this violence now has the full and definite backing and approval of that most honourable guy in the White House, and therefore cannot be stopped at this moment.

rolfen

Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:24 am

If they keep pissing off everybody around them, they're set for a difficult future.
Dont underestimate the arabs, they'r not stupid you know, they'r not genetically inferior, and they'r learning every day.
rolf

ME AVN FAN

Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:32 am

Quoting Rolfen (Reply 35):
they keep pissing off everybody around them, they're set for a difficult future.

well, the past three weeks have demonstrated that they still feel vastly superior, to be those who can "teach ... a lesson" etc. Suppose they expected that after their attacks, the Lebanese would have said "oh, we of course ought to have done this and that, so sorry Sir, we now will do so immediately, and thanks for having shown us the way" ! A very surprising aspect is that people even say that the USA in general and GWB in particular were/are "friends of Lebanon", ever realized THIS ?

AerospaceFan

Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:22 am

Quoting Cedarjet (Reply 30):
No other country is in the same position of basically trying to establish itself on someone else's land from scratch, surrounded and outnumbered by it's original inhabitants and their allies.

I think we're getting a bit off topic here, but may I venture my opinion that the idea that Israel is on "someone else's land" is near the crux of the Arab-Israeli dispute. Therefore, I think that the idea that Israel should always negotiate rather than assert its own position by military means if necessary is a bit untenable, since Israel's existence and presence are really nonnegotiable. How do you negotiate anything if the other side insists on negotiating something that negates your existence? It's a bit like offering someone a negotiated solution to whether they want to die by lethal injection or hanging. That's not a negotiation most people would be interested in, unless they're already on death row.

As for how this relates to racism, I think that it is equally racist to think that either Jewish or Arab people are inferior to the other, or any other race; indeed, there is a larger question as to whether they can be considered to be different races at all. As I understand it, both are Semitic peoples.

[Edited 2006-08-02 23:26:13]
What's fair is fair.

777236ER

Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:24 am

Racism is discrimination or prejudice based on race, as simple as that.
Your bone's got a little machine

ME AVN FAN

Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:39 pm

Quoting 777236ER (Reply 38):
Racism is discrimination or prejudice based on race, as simple as that.

exactly right. But, unfortunately, the word often is used as an empty slogan, devaluing its importance.

rolfen

Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:50 pm

Quoting AerospaceFan (Reply 37):
since Israel's existence and presence are really nonnegotiable.

Israel is colonising the west bank with thousands of illegal settlements - feet by feet.
These settlements are deemed as illegal and a form of israeli occupation by the UN.
Hence the palestinians, according to international law, have the right to resist.

[Edited 2006-08-03 12:53:03]
rolf

ME AVN FAN

Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:06 pm

Quoting AerospaceFan (Reply 37):
since Israel's existence and presence are really nonnegotiable.

if this means Israel in its recognized 1948-67 borders, it is ok. But it has to include the unalienable right of Palestine in the Gaza-Territory, the WestBank and EastJerusalem to exist as an independent country.

ME AVN FAN

Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:08 pm

Quoting Rolfen (Reply 40):
thousands of illegal settlements

these settlements are NOT part of Israel, and negotiations about them HAVE to mean talks about how to clear them

ANCFlyer

Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:17 pm

I thought this thread was on racism, not on Israel and Lebanon and Palestine.

Suggesting it be locked.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

ME AVN FAN

Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:26 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 43):
this thread was on racism, not on Israel and Lebanon and Palestine.

while you ought NOT to be so petty, strict and narrow-minded, you at the other end are completely CORRECT ! Yes, the Palestine-matter has nothing really to do with racism. You may however realize that statements like the one from those "Zionist Congress(es)" of between 1897 and 1905 where they said "a country without a people for a people without a country" has colonialist tones, which wrongly might be interpreted as racism.

diamond

Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:04 pm

The thread started off being purely about racism. Even though a reference was made to Sec. Rice who has recently been to the Middle East .. this thread is not about the Middle East.

Please stay on topic.
Blank.