KFLLCFII
Topic Author

Yet Another Non-Interesting, Non-Av Thread...

Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:32 am

Alright, so Janni thinks none of our non-av threads are interesting (as noted in chat):

jap> aww, can't someone make an interesting thread in non-av? Or will I have to read QF tripreports???

So here's your chance to prove her wrong. Post whatever the hell you want, as much of it as you want, and don't hold back...

However, there's only one requirement: Make damn sure it's interesting.
"About the only way to look at it, just a pity you are not POTUS KFLLCFII, seems as if we would all be better off."

Daleaholic

RE: Yet Another Non-Interesting, Non-Av Thread...

Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:35 am

Drubk chatting rules the world! Go FLL!
Religion is an illusion of childhood... Outgrown under proper education.

aloges

Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:36 am

Hmmm... how will I be able to hijack this thread?  scratchchin 

ponder
ponder
ponder
ponder
ponder
ponder
ponder
ponder
ponder
ponder

out
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

jap

Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:36 am

I'm reading QF tripreports  sigh 
Scandinavian chick with a scandinavian horse- oh yeah! :D

aloges

Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:38 am

Quoting Jap (Reply 3):
I'm reading

this.

Garri767

Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:02 am

This post is of great information to you...

Watch as it changes your life...

There, it just wasted those 5 seconds of your life doing something constructive

This post has altered your life.  Wink

Garri767

[Edited 2006-08-08 04:04:13]
Two wrongs may not make a right, but three lefts do!

DrDeke

Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:15 am

I recommend reading Reply 21 in this thread. It's been a long time since I've spent a good three written pages arguing about anything on the Internet; let alone the topic of cell phone technology, which is one of my absolute favorites  Smile.

On another note: Jap, I agree that the topics in non-av have been a bit on the boring side in the last few weeks. But it seems to me like these things always go on cycles. There'll be not too much posted of interest for a while, then there'll be a ton of interesting ideas that crop up all at once, leaving one no time to reply to most of them. I guess that's just the way it goes...

-DrDeke
If you don't want it known, don't say it on a phone.

Confuscius

Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:59 am

Assault with a deadly vegetable?
Root of problem: Man accused of blinding wife with carrot tossed in anger

MONROE, Conn. - A 46-year-old man is accused of assaulting his wife with a carrot, causing her to lose sight in one eye. Roderick Vecsey is charged with second-degree assault and disorderly conduct.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13922513/
Ain't I a stinker?

nighthawk

Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:26 pm

Quoting Jap:
jap> aww, can't someone make an interesting thread in non-av? Or will I have to read QF tripreports???

Rather ironic coming from the person that posts all the crap threads in non-av..  Yeah sure

DLKAPA

Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:35 pm

Anyone wanna see my tool?
And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

baylorairbear

Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:39 pm

Quoting KFLLCFII (Thread starter):

I am deeply, deeply offended by that remark!

BAB  Angry
I'm just skipping stones...

Garri767

Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:45 pm

Quoting DLKAPA (Reply 10):

Depends, inspect my 6 inch boner please....

BAB
Two wrongs may not make a right, but three lefts do!

Clogman

Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:48 pm

Did you all know that it takes a 6-pack to complete a canal tour of CPH. Just for information so you dont buy only 2 or 3 beers if you go on the tour.

DLKAPA

Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:35 pm

Quoting Garri767 (Reply 12):
Depends, inspect my 6 inch boner please....

OK, but first you must inspect my tool. Here it is:

http://www.logodesignweb.com/stockphoto/objects/tools/wrench.jpg
And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

KROC

Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:28 pm

Quoting DLKAPA (Reply 14):

Wow. Its small, rusty, and inoperable. Its definitely your tool alright.

Clogman

Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:34 pm

Quoting KROC (Reply 14):

And how the hell do you know that? On the other hand I really dont wanna know  ill 

LO231

Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:35 pm

Quoting DLKAPA (Reply 13):

You are Swedish?  eek 

Regards,
LO231
Got both LO 788 frames already, next LO E95 and 734 BRU-WAW-BRU

Thom@s

Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:43 pm

Quoting DLKAPA (Reply 9):

Tool rocks...

*not interesting, but true.

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

jap

Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:55 pm

Quoting Nighthawk (Reply 8):
Rather ironic coming from the person that posts all the crap threads in non-av.. Yeah sure

Of course, your posts are of much, MUCH bigger value and everyone reads with awe everytime you spread your wisdom- so days your RR.  mischievous 

Yeah sure to you too, my friend  Wink

LTU932

Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:20 pm

My Respect Rating dropped from 8 to 6 after Janni deleted me from her RU list.  Wow!

jap

Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:24 pm

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 19):
My Respect Rating dropped from 8 to 6 after Janni deleted me from her RU list. Wow!

I deleted you?!  eek  That was a mistake  Sad Consider yourself back on  Smile And pleeease accept my apologies  cry 

KFLLCFII
Topic Author

Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:27 pm

Quoting Jap (Reply 18):
Quoting Nighthawk (Reply 8):
Rather ironic coming from the person that posts all the crap threads in non-av.. Yeah sure

Of course, your posts are of much, MUCH bigger value and everyone reads with awe everytime you spread your wisdom- so days your RR.  mischievous 

Yeah sure to you too, my friend  wink 

Alright, it's finally getting interesting in here!!
"About the only way to look at it, just a pity you are not POTUS KFLLCFII, seems as if we would all be better off."

LTU932

Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:32 pm

Quoting Jap (Reply 20):
I deleted you?!

Yup.

Quoting Jap (Reply 20):
Consider yourself back on

Thanks!  thumbsup 

Quoting Jap (Reply 20):
And pleeease accept my apologies

No problem.  Smile

nighthawk

Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:52 pm

Quoting Jap (Reply 18):
Of course, your posts are of much, MUCH bigger value and everyone reads with awe everytime you spread your wisdom- so days your RR

You only have a higher RR rating because you have a pair of tits!

jap

Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:57 pm

Quoting Nighthawk (Reply 23):

rotfl  That's the excuse for anything around here- funny that not every girl has that high an RR. And funny that the person who has the BIGGEST RR is in fact... a guy  Wink

That excuse is old, mate. Get over it.

DrDeke

Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:20 am

Quoting KROC (Reply 14):

Good one!

Quoting Nighthawk (Reply 23):

In that case, I'm glad my RR confirms my manly status  Wink.

-DrDeke
If you don't want it known, don't say it on a phone.

jap

Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:25 am

Quoting DrDeke (Reply 25):
In that case, I'm glad my RR confirms my manly status Wink

It's a poor excuse really  Wink Look at ANCflyer's RR... then again, from recent pictures, posted by Lew, he doesn't only have tits- he has MY tits  rotfl 

aloges

Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:28 am

Oh come on... bitching about RR is stupid.

jap

Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:32 am

Quoting Aloges (Reply 27):

Some of us are CONVERSING Big grin

airkas1
Crew

Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:37 am

For once I shall agree with my neighbor Big grin
Airliners.net Crew - Photo Screener

aloges

Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:38 am

Quoting Jap (Reply 28):
Some of us are CONVERSING

interesting method

Quoting AirKas1 (Reply 29):
For once I shall agree with my neighbor

Damnit... though I could still edit the post.  devil 

[Edited 2006-08-08 23:39:25]

airkas1
Crew

Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:41 am

Quoting Aloges (Reply 30):
Damnit... though I could still edit the post.

So can I, but I have more time than you to do it  Wink
Airliners.net Crew - Photo Screener

aerobalance

Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:41 am

Jap, Read this, understand it and I'll put you to work over here in the States...

I hope it's interesting enough for you.

Task Corporation Series D
Six Component Internal Strain Gage Balance

[ copied from a 1960s Task Corporation brochere. Task Corp. was bought by Able.]

General Description

The Task Corporation Series D, six component internal strain gage balance is basically a floating-frame type. The primary frames consist of an inner rod, which fastens to the model support sting, and a cylindrical outer case, which is inserted into and attaches to the model. Forces and moments are resisted by individually removable elements, employing flexure pivots, connected between the inner rod and outer case of the balance.
The six force and moment sensing components of the balance consist of two normal force elements for determination of normal force and pitching moment, two side force elements for determination if side force and yawing moment, a dual chord [axial] force element and a dual roll moment.

The normal and side force elements are equipped with relaxation members at either end and are arranged to act in roll as a set of crossed flexures. Similar relaxation members provide compliance in the chord force direction. The rolling moment elements are provided with flexure pivots at either end which are designed to transmit pure rolling moment to the gage section. The dual chord element is located inside the dual roll element and transmits axial force from the outer case to the inner rod.

Performance

Accuracy
All points from any series of loadings of a single element produce data within ±0.25% of maximum load or ±0.5% of applied load when compared with the best straight line fit. This accuracy is inclusive of all scatter, hysteresis, and non-linearity for both plus and minus loads.
Interactions
Percentage interactions on any gage member caused by the application of full design load on any other gage member fall within the following values: Seventy percent of the possible first order interactions will be less than or equal to 0.5%. An additional 20% of the first order interactions will be less than or equal to 1.0%. The remaining 10% of the first order interactions will be less than or equal to 3.0%. All interactions in excess of 1.0% will be linear within ±10% of the interaction output.

The percentage values of the first order interactions may change slightly if specifications require a small diameter balance or a very light or very heavy load range.

Thermal effects * [ not used in years ]
Transient temperature errors in any gage element do not exceed 1.0% of full load output when the sting temperature is constant or changing and the outer case temperature is changing at a rate of 50 deg F per minute between 60 deg F and 180 deg F.

At stabilized temperatures, the error in any gage element does not exceed 0.5% of full load output between 60 deg F and 180 deg F.

* Values slightly different for 0.75 MKII and 0.50MKI balance. Consult engineering for details.
Sensitivity
Full load output of any gage member is approximately 1 millivolt per volt input.

Gage characteristics
Bridge resistance is 120 ohms for normal and side force elements.

The basic bridge resistance of the rolling moment and chord force elements is 120 ohms. However, these components each operate with two full bridges wired in parallel. Thus the resistance is 60 ohms.

Operating voltage of each element is 6 volts. Lower voltage is recommended for balances 0.75 inch diameter or less.

Performance Evaluation

Each balance is subjected to a performance evaluation to demonstrate satisfactory operation of all functions. It is expected that a more detailed calibration, tailored to the individual laboratory’s needs, will be performed by the user. More complete calibrations can be performed by Task if desired.

Temperature Compensation Principle

The arrangement of chord force elements provides complete mechanical compensation for radial temperature gradients. The two chord force element strain gage bridges are wired to produce a signal when the forces on the two elements are opposite in sign. (This occurs only when an external axial load is applied.) If there is a length increment due to change in temperature added all along the inner rod or outer case, each axial force gage will experience an increment of load having the same sign and the signals will cancel. Thus the sensitivity of chord force to temperature gradients has been significantly reduced.

Strain Gages

All gaged sections, with the exception of rolling moment, are of the bending type employing 4-active flat wound, bakelite bonded, 120 ohm strain gages. Rolling moment is resisted by a torque tube to which are bonded similar gages also wired in the form of a 4-active element bridge.
All strain gages are pre-matched in complete bridges for resistance and change in resistance with temperature. Bonding is accomplished using a combination of heat cycling and pneumatically applied pressure. After bonding, the individual bridges are again checked for temperature effects and trimming resistors are added where necessary.

Accessories

Task Corporation also produces all necessary balance accessories including:

Ring and plug gages - Master gages for balance-to-sting joint
Balance gage - Exact duplicate of the balance exterior and sting fitting. Hole through center permits passage of leads when used in place of a balance.
Calibration body - Loading sleeve used to apply loads for sensitivity and interaction calibration. Includes roll arm, precision circular level and flexures to which weight hangers attach.
Calibration rig - Complete single or multiplane rigs for the application of calibrating loads outside of the tunnel.
Calibration weights - Traceable to National Bureau of Standards are offered in the ranges 2#, 5#, 10#, 25#, 50#, 75# and 100#. Weight tolerance is ?0.1% of the total unit weight. More exacting tolerances are quoted on request.
Coolant jackets - Required for balance operation up to stagnation temperatures of 1,500 deg F. These jackets are available for all balance sizes and require a minimal diameter increase.
Overload stops - Are available for roll and chord force in all balance sizes. Stops for all six components may be provided in balances with external diameters of 2.0 inches and larger.

Standard Performance Calibration

Positive and negative design loads are applied to the balance outer case such that each force and moment element is loaded individually. The load on each element is applied in increments not greater than one-fifth of full design load.
Normal forces and side forces are applied orthogonally to the outer case, and chord force is applied along the axis of the outer case. Rolling moment is applied to the outer case by means of a moment acting in a plane normal to the balance axis.

Each gage output is tabulated and sensitivity calculated for each element in terms of millivolts per volt per pound or millivolts per volt per inch pound for both increasing and decreasing loadings. Interactions are plotted in terms of percent full load output in the member being interacted upon, versus applied load.

With the sting taper maintained at approximately 60 deg F, the temperature of the balance case is increased at a rate of a least 5 deg F per minute until the balance has reached 180 deg F. The outer case temperature is then maintained at 180 deg F until the inner case temperature is stabilized, then the temperature is reduced at least 5 deg F per minute until the balance is again stabilized at 60 deg F. The output of all gages and thermocouples are recorded every two minutes throughout the run.
A test similar to that just described is also performed wherein both the sting taper and balance sleeves are raised simultaneously in temperature to 180 deg F.

With the balance at approximately 180 deg F, each component is loaded separately and the sensitivity in millivolts per volt per pound or millivolts per volt per inch pound is calculated.

Prior to assembly, the individual balance elements are subjected to a sudden pressure change from 2 to 60 psia and the outputs recorded.

Size And Ranges

Representative standard sizes and ranges of Series D balances are given in the accompanying table. The force and moment values shown are based on typical requirements. Other sizes and/or load ranges are available either as new designs or modifications of existing types. At present, there are in excess of 50 standard designs available.

DIMENSION 0.50"
MK I 0.75"
MK II 1.50"
MK II 2.00"
MK III 2.50"
MK III 3.5"
MK I 4.0"
MK II
A, inches 0.50 0.75 1.50 2.00 2.50 3.50 4.00
B*, inches 3.34 4.70 8.75 11.25 13.00 18.00 21.40
C, inches 2.74 3.83 7.25 8.90 10.20 14.31 16.30
D, inches 2.10 3.00 6.00 7.25 8.50 12.00 13.60
E, inches 1.70 2.50 5.00 6.00 7.00 10.40 11.20
F, inches 1.46 2.03 3.75 4.52 5.25 7.75 8.40

N1, pounds 50 100 500 900 1500 2500 4000
N2, pounds 50 100 500 900 1500 2500 4000
Y1, pounds 30 50 250 450 750 1050 2000
Y2, pounds 30 50 250 450 750 1050 2000
X [A], pounds 15 25 100 160 280 350 1000
ROLL, inch-pounds 15 60 800 1000 to
2000 2000 to
4000 9600 10000 to
* Approximate — Varies with type of attachment.

[Edited 2006-08-08 23:45:14]
"Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy..."

thepilot

Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:48 am

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 19):
My Respect Rating dropped from 8 to 6 after Janni deleted me from her RU list.

Oh yeah? Mine went from a big whopping 3 back to 0 when Lee deleted me.  biggrin 
From YVR

kazzie

Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:59 am

Quoting Aerobalance (Reply 32):
Jap, Read this, understand it and I'll put you to work over here in the States...

I hope it's interesting enough for you.

rotfl 
Bazinga punk.

SlamClick

Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:07 am

The pictures used in the "visit Utah" ads that pop up on these pages were actually taken in Arizona.
Happiness is not seeing another trite Ste. Maarten photo all week long.

LO231

Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:24 am

Quoting AirKas1 (Reply 29):

For once I shall agree with my neighbor

Why, thank you neighbour!  praise 

Regards,
LO231

cfcuq

Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:38 am

OK, That's it ! I'll just make a little post here and kill this thread dead. Watch!

LO231

Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:46 am

Quoting CFCUQ (Reply 37):
OK, That's it ! I'll just make a little post here and kill this thread dead. Watch!

I always like to have a last word. You didn't. And don't play that time difference game! I'll be back tomorrow to post more in this amazing intellectau...auu..alll, oh F***

thread.

Regards,
LO231

ShyFlyer

Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:14 am

Disclaimer: The following is a somewhat fictional account based upon true events, translated into Klingon, then back into English. See your doctor if you experience any of the following: painful or unusually musical gas, visions of the future, uncontrolled fits of laughter and/or crying. If swallowed, contact your local emergancy services. Do not operate heavy machinery while reading this post. The poster accepts no responsiblity for lost or stolen items. Your mileage may vary, consult your owner's manual for details.

And now, our feature presentation...

Love Is A Battlefield (Part 1)

I guess the title to a song by Pat Benatar said it best. Love, including dating, isn’t for the faint of heart. If not properly prepared, the damage inflicted can be devastating. You really need to know what you’re doing, or else people are going to get hurt. Like everyone else, when I first stepped foot on the “battlefield,” I didn’t really know what was going on. I just watched what everyone else was doing and assumed they had it all figured out. Boy was I wrong!

Many years have long past since those very first days, where I flung myself headlong into a battle I was ill prepared for. My objective was clear, to find my one true love, who was somewhere behind “enemy lines.” Sadly, I underestimated the “enemy” and overestimated my abilities. Rejections came at me like incoming mortar fire. I saw it happening to others, but it seemed concentrated in my direction. They survived it, I thought I would too.

In all wars, there are casualties. I was no exception. I had just entered the war zone, and already I was being airlifted back home. I had blundered headlong into a situation that I was not prepared for and for which I would have been well advised to steer clear of. I had confessed my true feelings for someone, and did so very badly. I quickly discovered my mistake, but it was too late. My self confidence had taken a direct hit, and was now on life support. I watched reports from the front lines, many of my comrades were successful in their missions. My first major mission and I had erred so grievously, I expected to get court marshaled. I was too smart to make stupid mistakes like this. It was a long time before I could look at myself in the mirror again.

After a period of recuperation, I was deemed fit for duty. I was told that what does not kill me, would make me stronger. College would be starting soon and with it a new group of people to meet, new experiences to be had. I honestly looked forward to putting the past behind me, and welcomed the change. I was a solider, trained for combat. I was ready to return to the “Battlefield of Love.” I was assigned a desk job.

In the following years, I said idly by watching my friends find that illusive target (“true love”), settle down, and begin their families. From my view point, miles from the front lines, their wars were over, their battles won. While I wasn’t sure I was ready for a family of my own, I knew I’d never find out by watching it pass me by. Not seeing any openings on the “real” battlefield, I sought out opportunities on that “virtual” battlefield of on-line dating.

I considered this a safer alternative. I thought I would have a great mission success rate by going virtual. After all, email never hurt anyone right? Those mortar shells of rejection and land mines of deceit would be things of the past. Though my confidence was wounded still from that incident several years ago, I was optimistic that I would conquer the enemy and find her, my one true love. Or at least a few promising candidates, maybe. I don’t have to settle down now, do I?

Being from a small town, the pool of available women is pretty darn small. When the ones who were married, seeing someone, not my type, and too young were eliminated from the battle plan, very few targets remained. I soon realized that the ones who remained, were on thier way to getting out of town. On-line dating websites were to change that, so I gave it a try. What was there to loose? No risk involved right? Even on the virtual battlefield of on-line dating, one can still be wounded. In my case, the carnage was high.

I put forth my very best effort, and yet came up short. I charged the front lines, yet met heavy resistance. In two years of membership to one of the better known sites, not one response to my page or emails. I learned that I traded actual rejections for implied rejections. I didn’t expect those mortar shells to take the toll they did. That self confidence that had been supposedly patched up and certified as battle ready had been nearly destroyed. I sought out advice from trusted sources and came back empty handed. I thought that maybe I had set my sights too high, missing my target. Was I too optimistic? Were my goals too ambitious? Did I set up myself for failure? Was I a failure, or just unlucky? Did I want to fail?

Those questions were posed, but no answers found. After deep contemplation, I turned my back on the “battlefield.” The wounds I had suffered prevented me from carrying on any longer. I had been lead to believe by my commanding officer that she was out there, but the intelligence reports came back inconclusive. The optimism I once had was now gone. I turned in my uniforms. I was now just a civilian. Before this, I hadn’t understood why some people never meet their soul mate. Maybe they were like me. Maybe they had given their all in the fight for true love, only to be destroyed in the process, never knowing what they did wrong.

With war far behind me, I took stock of what was left. My self confidence took most of the battle damage. There was a shred of optimism left in me, but it was like a flashlight with week batteries, noticeable but not of much use. Bitterness had taken hold, just like PTSD took its hold in many of the returning vets from real life battlefields of wars in foreign lands. I still wanted answers, but wasn’t brave enough to ask the questions anymore. My weakened confidence wasn’t strong enough to fight back the doubt and fear and attacked me from all sides.

So where does this leave me now? No matter how much I want to turn my back on all of it, I still feel her tugging at my heart strings. I wasn’t looking when I acquired my target, but there she was. It’s funny how things are found when one stops looking. Sure, a reconnaissance mission will have to be preformed to verify if she is the one I’m looking for, but all signs point to a high probability of success.

Stay tuned for more news from the front lines. Looks like I’ve been drafted again…

Love Is A Battlefield (Part 2)

Well, the latest news from the front lines is not good. Turns out she is seeing someone. A coworker of mine spotted her with someone else. She kept telling me that she was busy, but would try to find time for me. Looks like she found time for someone else. So I ask the question again: where does this leave me now?

I’ve been here before. I’ve been lead to believe that I’ve found her, only to have it turn out to be false information. Again. On the battlefield, one must be able to separate propaganda from authentic intelligence reports. I was fooled yet again. Was the whole thing my fault? Should I have done anything different? Should I have stayed away in the first place?

These, unfortunately, are questions I don’t have answers for. To quote a somewhat popular TV show, “The truth is out there.” I’ve been out there, and all that is there are lies, deceit, and trickery. I’ve tried being optimistic, I’ve tried keeping the faith. Now, I no longer see the point. It seems the harder I try to reach my objective, to complete my mission, the harder I fall. I’m tired of coming up empty handed.

Some say the definition of insanity is repeating the same action over and over again but expecting different results from each attempt. That is exactly what I’ve been doing on the “Battlefield of Love.” Instead of defeating the enemy, I have become a causality of war. There comes a time when the solider must leave the battle behind, lest he risk losing himself to it. I fear that time is now.

I hate the fact that I have become bitter towards love. I hate the fact that the questions running through my mind will now never get answered. I hate that all of this may be entirely my fault. I sometimes feel that I’ve not only failed myself, but that I’ve also failed her. I was supposed to find her, rescue her from the enemy of loneliness and heartache. That will not happen now. I refuse to put myself through the pain and suffering I know is still ahead. Perhaps she was never out there to begin with.

So now what? I no longer feel my soul mate tugging at my heart strings. The only thing to do now is try to put the past behind me, and create a new future for myself. A future that, unfortunately, doesn’t include anyone else except my few cherished friends. Looks like it is time to stock up on soup for one.

The white flag of surrender flies over my head now. I’ve turned my back on the battlefield. I’ve resigned my commission. I’ve laid down my weapon. I’m done. I’ll put all my time and energy that I once spent searching for my soul mate into something more productive, like banging my head against a wall.

To my soul mate (if you are out there): your knight in shinning armor has given up.

The preceding has been a ShyFlyer post. All rights reserved.
I lift things up and put them down.

gkirk

Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:16 pm

The square root of 144 is 12
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

nighthawk

Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:23 pm

$sql_job = "SELECT jobID,
client,
jobDesc,
job.status,
addedBy,
notes,
job.jobTitle,
quotedValue,
clientPO,
quoteDate,
orderDate,
placedBy,
orderPlaced,
swRequired,
swWho,
swTarget,
designRequired,
designWho,
designTarget,
panelRequired,
panelWho,
panelTarget,
siteRequired,
siteWho,
siteTarget,
distRequired,
distWho,
distTarget,
job_status.status AS jobStatus,
staff.name AS employeeName,
finalInvoiceRaised
FROM job, job_status, staff WHERE job.ID = $ID AND job.status = job_status.ID AND job.addedBy = staff.ID";

$result_job = mysql_query($sql_job);
if($data_job = mysql_fetch_array($result_job))
{
$jobID = $data_job["jobID"];
$clientID = $data_job["client"];
$jobDesc = $data_job["jobDesc"];
$status = $data_job["status"];
$originator = $data_job["employeeName"];
$notes = $data_job["notes"];
$jobTitle = $data_job["jobTitle"];
$quotedValue = $data_job["quotedValue"];
$clientPO = $data_job["clientPO"];
$quoteDate = $data_job["quoteDate"];
$orderDate = $data_job["orderDate"];
$placedBy = $data_job["placedBy"];
$orderPlaced = $data_job["orderPlaced"];

$swRequired = $data_job["swRequired"];
$swWho = $data_job["swWho"];
$swTarget = $data_job["swTarget"];

$designRequired = $data_job["designRequired"];
$designWho = $data_job["designWho"];
$designTarget = $data_job["designTarget"];

$panelRequired = $data_job["panelRequired"];
$panelWho = $data_job["panelWho"];
$panelTarget = $data_job["panelTarget"];

$siteRequired = $data_job["siteRequired"];
$siteWho = $data_job["siteWho"];
$siteTarget = $data_job["siteTarget"];

$distRequired = $data_job["distRequired"];
$distWho = $data_job["distWho"];
$distTarget = $data_job["distTarget"];

$jobStatus = $data_job["jobStatus"];
$finalInvoice = $data_job["finalInvoiceRaised"];

$orderPlaced = $orderPlaced==1 ? "Yes" : "No";
$swRequired = $swRequired==1 ? "Yes" : "No";
$designRequired = $designRequired==1 ? "Yes" : "No";
$panelRequired = $panelRequired==1 ? "Yes" : "No";
$siteRequired = $siteRequired==1 ? "Yes" : "No";
$finalInvoice = $finalInvoice ==1 ? "Yes" : "No";

gkirk

Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:34 pm

Quoting Nighthawk (Reply 41):

And just to add to that garbage...

private sub lblblank_click(Index as Integer)
If lblblank(index).caption = "X" or lblblank(index).caption = "O" then
msgbox"Sorry but this spot is already used.",vbokonly,"Used Spot"
else
if lblturn.caption = "X" then
lblblank(index).caption = "X"
lblturn.caption = "O"
else
lblblank(index).caption = "O"
lblturn.caption = "X"
end if
end if
end sub

private sub cmdclear_click()
dim lbl as object
for each lbl in frmtictactoe
if typeof lbl is label then
lbl.caption = ""
end if
next
resp = msgbox("Is X going first this time?",vbyesno,"Turn?")
if resp = 6 then
lblturn.caption = "X"
else
lblturn.caption = "O"
end if
end sub
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!