afay1

Brussels Accomodation Help Needed!

Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:32 pm

Hey all you Brussels experts, I have a chance to do an internship with NATO (totally unpaid, naturally) in Brussels, but since I am just finishing my post-grad degree, I am totally broke.

Soooo, where can I find rock-bottom housing in Brussels for a few months (not too ghetto), or does anyone know any little old ladies with a room to rent? I did some basic searching online, but I'd imagine there are some tips I don't know!

thanks in advance!

TERRA

RE: Brussels Accomodation Help Needed!

Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:18 pm

I think Schuman (probably spelt wrong) or the Diegem area is not bad or too far from the NATO place. Lots of studio apartments around but things ain't cheap.

Hopefully some of the Belgian dudes on here will offer more expert advice.

manni

RE: Brussels Accomodation Help Needed!

Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:51 am

Here's a few examples of what is on offer at the moment. The site is updated daily.

It is in dutch, but it shouldn't be to difficult to figure out what's written. Rent is in euro and monthly. A deposit is ussually asked aswell, typically 3 months rent. Electricity, gas and water is not included unless stated otherwise.

Alternatively you can look for a room in Leuven, a big university city with plenty of student rooms, it should be cheaper than the average appartement in BRU and it is not to inconvinient to get to Evere (that's the place where NATO has her headquarters).

http://www.hebbes.be/hebbes/realesta...D_REALESTATE_LETTINGS&areaId=20101
SUPPORT THE LEBANESE CIVILIANS