If you are going to be in Titusville for the launch...
1. I apologize that it is such a crappy town. You'll understand why I moved away.
2. When in town go to lunch at Dixie Crossroads on Garden Street. Damn good seafood but you want to get the rock shrimp. Get a multiplatter to try them different ways.
3. Find a parking spot along the Indian River. You might find some free spots but doubtful. Garden Street and US1 can be a good spot by Sand Point Park.
4. If you can get to the vistor's center by all means go. Usually they clamp down on security close to a launch so it might be hard to get out there.
5. If they allow you across the river on Garden Street there is the Blackpoint Wildlife Drive which will show you some interesting parts of Florida. Alligators, Bald Eagles, lots of other weird stuff that can kill you if you aren't careful.
6. Again, I really apologize for Titusville. I'm sorry. I really am sorry you have to see it.
1. Of course the Mouse House and all that crap.
2. For a good steak I insist that you try Linda's LaCantina on Highway 50/Colonial Drive across the street from Herndon Airport. My family has been going here for 30+ years. The atmosphere is bad, the decor was finally updated but still blah, but the steaks are so damn good. Get the T-Bone. You won't be sorry.
3. Harry P. Leu gardens up in Winter Park is a nice place for a walk. The humidity just might be ok to venture outside as well by the time you get there.
4. Gatorland Zoo down in Kississimmee is incredibly tacky but oh so Classic Florida.
5. Lake Eola Park in downtown Orlando is a nice walk.
6. John Young Science Center in Winter Park on US17/92 (Mills Avenue.)
And of course...enjoy the bars that Kaddyuk couldn't get into even if he did look good.
One of the most annoying things about Orlando. Back when the Bee-Line was built in the 60s they said they would take the tolls down when it was paid for. It was paid for the first year but those damn tolls still exist. Now they have more plus the ones on the East-West and the Greenway. Who was that jackass weakass Congressman they had back in the 80s when they exploded in size? Jerk couldn't get any good Federal money for roads at all. You can thank him for the tolls.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."