jetjack74

Celeb-goon Sports Commentator: Denis Leary

Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:22 am

So Denis Leary was a guest commentator at a Boston Red Sox/Detroit Tigers game making a complete ass of himself with dunderhead sidekick Lenny Clarke kissing his ass. Leary was making idiotic comments about Jewish baseball player Kevin Youkilis. He made some silly comments about him being a jew and Mel Gibson. Here's a little bit of the article.
If ESPN wanted something really entertaining, Denis Leary would be on ``Monday Night Football'' ASAP.

Leary's appearance on Tuesday night's Red Sox telecast made YouTube early Wednesday, killing worker productivity all over the nation. (Unfortunately, New England Sports Network demanded that the clip be pulled. But it's still up, at least the last time we checked, at www.alternet.org/blogs/peek/40420/.)

Another reason why has-been comics should not be sports commentators. Dennis Miller was a good clue as to what to expect from these clowns. What a turd.
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercu...rts/colleges/stanford/15292458.htm
Made from jets!

Cadet57

RE: Celeb-goon Sports Commentator: Denis Leary

Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:28 am

Quoting Jetjack74 (Thread starter):
Another reason why has-been comics should not be sports commentators.

Right which is why he still has a hit tv show on FX thats going into is 4th season and the guy still rakes in the cash.. Say what you will. But do you really think that Dennis Leary doesnt know what he is doing?
Doors open, right hand side, next stop is Springfield.

TedTAce

Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:38 am

Quoting Cadet57 (Reply 1):
But do you really think that Dennis Leary doesnt know what he is doing?

Look at your audience.

Another reason why has-been comics should not be sports commentators.

JetJoke, I think it wreaks of irony that you posted the link of the 'offending' video, which I will not wate my time watching. I'm sure that out of context DL said some otherwse stupid and raunchy things, but thats what I EXPECT from him. You getting all shocked and bothered about this is about as stupid as me getting in a huff over something that dumbass Falwell says (save the fact one is an ENTERTAINER and the other professes leadership). Grow a pair and stop wasting our time with this crap. PS: good luck with your un-employment check after you and your buddies run NW into the ground!!
This space intentionally left blank

Cadet57

Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:41 am

Quoting TedTAce (Reply 2):
Look at your audience.

Are you refering to his DL's audience or Jetjack?

JetJoke, I think it wreaks of irony that you posted the link of the 'offending' video, which I will not wate my time watching. I'm sure that out of context DL said some otherwse stupid and raunchy things, but thats what I EXPECT from him. You getting all shocked and bothered about this is about as stupid as me getting in a huff over something that dumbass Falwell says (save the fact one is an ENTERTAINER and the other professes leadership). Grow a pair and stop wasting our time with this crap. PS: good luck with your un-employment check after you and your buddies run NW into the ground!!

welcome to my RU list.

TedTAce

Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:47 am

Quoting Cadet57 (Reply 3):
welcome to my RU list.

Thank you, and yes, I meant JJ as your audience.

Cadet57

Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:49 am

Quoting TedTAce (Reply 4):
I meant JJ as your audience.

Yea, makes sense now... Why did I even bother adding fuel to the fire....

srbmod

Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:53 am

Here's my comment on your post:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKw9RHd9YAo

Cadet57

Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:56 am

Quoting Srbmod (Reply 6):

rotfl   rotfl  LMAO I never knew that there was a video for this song!

TedTAce

Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:57 am

Quoting Srbmod (Reply 6):

Here's my comment on your post:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKw9R...d9YAo

BRILLIANT!!!

Cadet57

Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:21 am

Quoting Jetjack74 (Reply 9):
Oh please, like he really gives a crap.

Quoting TedTAce (Reply 4):
Thank you,
hmmmmmm... You know. Ive never had a run in with you here. But after this one... I really have to agree with what most of the other folks say about you... You posted something. You diddnt like what they said and now ur shitting all over them. It dont work like that skippy. Take your bruises, suck it up and quit your bitching. Move on. Its obvious more people like Dennis then dont and so far I havent seen anyone come to the side of your little camp... Furthermore, Id have to agree with your signature "Hated and disliked by so many, loved and respected by so few. The way it should be." Is that speaking from personal experience? Get knocked down on the dodgeball court one too many times?

[Edited 2006-08-18 04:23:50]

TedTAce

Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:24 am

Oh please, like he really gives a crap.

It's a nice gesture, something you are totally foreign too. I have another gesture for you, but :finger: only works on the other site.

whilst defending a moronic cowards with their head in the sand

Once more you confuse those who can't with those who choose not to. Get me through boot camp and give me a rifle and I'll be happy to be right next to you while you are taking fire... oppps I forgot, you do beverage service on the military planes too and the only fire you take there is the admiral's missle in your penny hole.

Your just mad becuase you know i'm right.

Right wing does NOT make you 'correct'.

Sorry your NW buddies didn't see eye to eye with you about the last contract, I'm sure you'll land on your feet (or back) somewhere else once you are done playing with the brass......

ren41

Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:39 am

I was almost crying I was laughing so hard when I saw that live the other night. Dennis Leary should be applauded for saying that stuff. Unlike most other Hollywood folks, this guy has the balls to say stuff like that and not suck up to everyone when the microphone is on.

Life can't be taken so seriously.

R41

CastleIsland

Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:41 am

Geez, nice to see that you defend the Jew-haters, JetJack. IMO, anything said against Gibson at this point is fair and justified treatment for the crap he's said and the awkward positions he's put himself into.

So Leary and Clarke ain't sports commentators. It was only an inning, and their job is to stir the pot. Get it?

[Edited 2006-08-18 04:48:32]
"People don't do what they believe in, they just do what's most convenient, then they repent." - Dylan

TedTAce

Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:52 am

Quoting CastleIsland (Reply 13):
Glad to know you defend the Jew-haters, JetJack.

Great, this got me to watch the the video, and NOW I REALLY pitty effing JetJoke. JJ how you can take exception to what DL said is simply stupifying. You are almost obviously an anti semite by apparently supporting Mel Gibson being attacked by DL. JJ, I thought that our political diferences aside there was some type of common ground, ovbiously I was wrong for trying to give you too much credit. This is a sad day for me as I come to find one of my favorite adversaries on this board is not the psuedo intellectual he claims, but merely a hate filled rube.

CastleIsland

Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:07 pm

What a turd

So, who really is?

Quoting TedTAce (Reply 14):
This is a sad day for me

Alas, Ted, never place your faith in one who claims John Deacon to be one of the greatest guitarists ever.
"People don't do what they believe in, they just do what's most convenient, then they repent." - Dylan

TedTAce

Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:17 pm

Quoting Jetjack74 (Reply 15):
But you can pass a an FAA physical?

Yeah, 20 years ago  Yeah sure

JetJoke, I think you need to re-watch that video VERY carefully. You owe this board an apology.

Cadet57

Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:18 pm

Oh this is going to be fun... Lets disect JetJacks post to see what he thinks of me...

You now what Cadet, regardless of whether you and I have had a run-in or not, is irrelevant.

On the contrary. It shows that I have agreed with stuff that youve posted in the past.

then you're just as big of a foo

Right, Im a fool for NOT being an anti semite

And for god sakes, use the spellchecker.

Umm I did. Please point out what I missed.

show a little class instead of standing on Ted's sideline as his cheerleader

Im no ones goddam cheerleader. So what. You are saying I cant agree with what someone posted? I agreed with ted ONCE, ONE EFFIN TIME! And that makes me a bloody cheerleader. Then for the love of god close the goddam forum the game is over. "Look everyone, Jetjack74 says we cant agree with anyone. A.net is closed!"

TedTAce

Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:20 pm

Quoting Cadet57 (Reply 18):
"Look everyone, Jetjack74 says we cant agree with anyone. A.net is closed!"

rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl 

jetjack74

Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:46 pm

Umm I did. Please point out what I missed.

Be glad to. I'll get you started with a few.

Quoting Cadet57 (Reply 10):
You know. Ive never had a run in with you here. But after this one... I really have to agree with what most of the other folks say about you... You posted something. You diddnt like what they said and now ur shitting all over them. It dont work like that skippy. Take your bruises, suck it up and quit your bitching. Move on. Its obvious more people like Dennis then dont and so far I havent seen anyone come to the side of your little camp... Furthermore, Id have to agree with your signature "Hated and disliked by so many, loved and respected by so few. The way it should be." Is that speaking from personal experience? Get knocked down on the dodgeball court one too many times?

I mean 2 or 3 typos are common, but good god man.

You are saying I cant agree with what someone posted? I agreed with ted ONCE, ONE EFFIN TIME! And that makes me a bloody cheerleader. Then for the love of god close the goddam forum the game is over. "Look everyone, Jetjack74 says we cant agree with anyone. A.net is closed!"

Cadet, I have never made an issue over someone disagreeing with me. I fired back at Ted because of his holier than thou rant he went on. And you come along with a "welcome to my RU list" gratifying this pig. That is cheer-leading, lad. Don't try and hide behind it. If Ted had started off his first reply with: No Jetjack, I don't agree with what you're saying". But no he starts off with something like this:
JetJoke,(namecalling)
Continue,
I think it wreaks of irony that you posted the link of the 'offending' video, which I will not wate my time watching. I'm sure that out of context DL said some otherwse stupid and raunchy things, but thats what I EXPECT from him. You getting all shocked and bothered about this is about as stupid as me getting in a huff over something that dumbass Falwell says (save the fact one is an ENTERTAINER and the other professes leadership). Grow a pair and stop wasting our time with this crap. PS: good luck with your un-employment check after you and your buddies run NW into the ground!!
Not one respectful difference of opinion in there, not one. Now, I really don't have problem with hateful replies, it goes with the territory, but why am I vilified for responding in kind? If Ted is allowed to be disrespectful, than at least extend me the courtesy as well. But I digress, I don't give a damn what anyone really thinks, i'm just responding to your questions. So on with the forum.

OH and BTW, this was your 2nd reply on the thread

Quoting Cadet57 (Reply 3):

welcome to my RU list

So don't try and play the innocent victim. You might as well have paraded him through the streets.
Made from jets!

TedTAce

Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:50 pm

Quoting Jetjack74 (Reply 20):
Ted because of his holier than thou

rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl 

You still owe the board an apology for stating this thread, either that or you have to just flat out state you are an anti semite.

jetjack74

Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:50 pm

Quoting TedTAce (Reply 17):
You owe this board an apology.

I owe this board nothing, nothing at all. You should be apologising for your behavior.
Made from jets!

Cadet57

Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:53 pm

I mean 2 or 3 typos are common, but good god man.

Ummm, you only highlighted TWO... and excuse me for missing a god dam apostrophe...

nd you come along with a "welcome to my RU list" gratifying this pig.

To quote you:

(namecalling)

Pot, Please meet this delightful kettle.

That is cheer-leading

For agreeing with his effin post? I'm a friggin cheerleader? Wow. Then i guess the 15-20 people I respect are just as undeserving.... I say it again, Where does it say I cant agree with a post made by a user and add him to my RU list because of it? Maybe on the rules you read. But not mine. If I'm not supposed to add ted to my list, WHY THE HELL IS THE FEATURE ON THE DAM SITE? Please, I would love to hear your answer to this. I need a good laugh before I go to bed...  sarcastic 

TedTAce

Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:55 pm

Quoting Jetjack74 (Reply 22):

I owe this board nothing, nothing at all. You should be apologising for your behavior.

Hummm let's think about this: You start a thread accusing DL of being an anti semite, when indeed he did the EXACT opposite and you are saying I need to apologize? Woah, that's the most amazing thing I have EVER read in my life.  Yeah sure

piercey

Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:08 pm

Quoting TedTAce (Reply 11):

It's a nice gesture, something you are totally foreign too. I have another gesture for you, but :finger: only works on the other site.

amen, and welcome to my RU Ted
Well I believe it all is coming to an end. Oh well, I guess we are gonna pretend.

Cadet57

Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:09 pm

Quoting Piercey (Reply 25):

HA! How do you like that Jetjack? Oh no. Someone else likes Ted...

jetjack74

Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:12 pm

Quoting TedTAce (Reply 21):
You still owe the board an apology for stating this thread, either that or you have to just flat out state you are an anti semite.

For stating that I don't like the boorish behavior of Denis Leary regarding making fun of Mel Gibson? Apology will not be made. You're trying make something out of nothing. You should be the one apologising.
Made from jets!

AeroWesty

Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:14 pm

I didn't really invaest very much time in posting the link. I just highlighted the frist paragragh which contained the link.

i'll be military leave continuing to earn a living whilst defending a moronic cowards with their head in the sand.

And for god sakes, use the spellchecker.

Would you? Please?
International Homo of Mystery

TedTAce

Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:15 pm

Quoting Piercey (Reply 25):

Thank you  Smile

Quoting Cadet57 (Reply 26):
HA! How do you like that Jetjack? Oh no. Someone else likes Ted...

Oh no!!! It's a VAST Left wing conspiracy!!! Too bad I'm an independent  Yeah sure

I'm still wondering how long it's going to take JJ to watch the WHOLE video and realize how foolish this thread is.

$5 says I'll have an RR of 100 before he admits his mistake..

Cadet57

Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:21 pm

Quoting TedTAce (Reply 32):

P

K

B

IDK if he gets it, may need to spell it out...

CastleIsland

Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:27 pm

Well, Jack certainly has a few things to think about tonight. Oh, right...

[Edited 2006-08-18 06:28:51]

jetjack74

Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:44 pm

Quoting TedTAce (Reply 32):
You started this thread making something out of either your ignorance or hatred

I started this thread to express my displeasure for remarks that Denis Leary made. Ignorance or hatred, hardly. I found Denis Leary's comments to foolish and idiotic and Lenny Clarke's equal idiocy laughing over these remarks. I, am in no way defending Mel Gibson for his behavior over his drunken traffic stop 3 weeks ago. The man clearly needs help. If anyone here is full of hatred and ignorance, it's you Ted and your gang of half-wits. I never said anything anti-semetic, just pointed out that Denis Leary was acting like as ass. That is not anti-semetic. The Mel Gibson incident hurt the Jewish-American community, and Leary's comment portrayed Jewish people as animals ready to tear apart red meat. I doubt Leary said these in support of Jewish-Americans. His comments were repugnant.

[Edited 2006-08-18 06:48:37]
Made from jets!

CastleIsland

Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:54 pm

Quoting Jetjack74 (Reply 35):
His comments were repugnant.

His comments were funny. And everything Lenny Clarke says is gut-busting hilarious. Even neo-con Gerry Callahan on WEEI radio in BOS, who has him on regularly, agrees. Strange how you have become the PC police all of a sudden.

jetjack74

Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:17 pm

Quoting CastleIsland (Reply 36):
Strange how you have become the PC police all of a sudden.

Of course, and i'm sure you were just rolling on the floor Rush Limbuagh made his honest assessment of Donavan McNabb.
Made from jets!

itsjustme

Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:54 pm

I was watching the game live when Leary and Clarke started their "play by play". Thank God for TiVo! I couldn't hit the record button fast enough. Abso-fucking-lutely hilarious. I especially liked Leary's comments about "Braveheart".
Also, let's not forget part of their air time was used to promote a few charity events and websites that benefit the Boston and New Orleans Fire Departments.

Some of you people need to lighten up.

md80fanatic

Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:59 pm

There sure seems to be a major double standard going on here.

Leary's comments were a bit over-the-edge, I have to admit. Had he made a joke or two about Gibson would be acceptable, as that is how he is. But to drone on and on for 5+ minutes about it shows the level of hypocracy he (and everyone who was  rotfl  about it) espouses.

Consider, if you will, a hypothetical situation where Mel Gibson being drunk, would launch into a similar rant about black people. Do you think Mr. Leary would have made the comments he did, AND persisted through the entire segment at the complete and total bemusement of everyone listening? C'mon....be honest.

This shows, in great detail, the preferential position jewish people hold in this world. Like I said a few weeks ago....they could take a dump in Lincoln's bed and be considered heroes. I don't have to insert a disclaimer about not being anti-semitic, because I hate no one. I simply have a knack for seeing through the fog at the real truth underneath.

jetjack74

Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:54 am

Quoting MD80fanatic (Reply 36):

That's a very good point, MD80. Also, when you examine the factors involved, alcohol versus ego. Being under the influence on booze will make you do things that you wouldn't do if you were sober. Alcohol is hardly a truth serum. Denis Leary was trying to be edgy(I understand that) and funny (which he was not), but he acted like an ass, as did Mel Gibson. I do think that Denis Leary can be funny. I remember watching him on MTV in 90's, and also I respect his volunteer work in charities that support firefighters, police and EMT workers, but I think his rant on piss-poor taste in sport commentary deserves some explaining.
Made from jets!

TedTAce

Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:25 am

Quoting Jetjack74 (Reply 37):
I think his rant on piss-poor taste in sport commentary deserves some explaining.

I think this thread shows that JetJoke has piss poor taste, no sense of humor, and needs to take the 2X4 out.

jetjack74

Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:43 am

Quoting TedTAce (Reply 38):
I think this thread shows that JetJoke has piss poor taste, no sense of humor, and needs to take the 2X4 out.

No Ted, I have quite a worldly and liberal sense of humour. I enjoy watching Chappelle's Show, Reno 911, Monty Python, SNL, South Park and other outlets of comedy. Most raunchy, or edgy comics usually come on at hours, times and channels where it may be out of reach for young kids. But this was live tv, and the viewers may not all have been adults. Why do you think the network pulled this from there archives? They were obviously embarrassed and ashamed over it. I just think that conduct like Denis Leary's isn't appropriate in a venue where the audience could be young kids. Maybe the only 2x4 that needs to removed is the one that occupies the decent part of your damaged mind. I'm not an advocate for mass censorship, I just think that their is a time and a place. Denis Leary's comments weren't appropriate for either one. I was going to take a shot at your unfortunate circumstance that you aired on another thread, but I decided not to waste my time. Lowering myself to your level is pointless. Enjoy your weekend Ted.
Made from jets!

piercey

Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:48 am

Quoting Jetjack74 (Reply 39):

No Ted, I have quite a worldly and liberal sense of humour. I enjoy watching Chappelle's Show, Reno 911, Monty Python, SNL, South Park and other outlets of comedy. Most raunchy, or edgy comics usually come on at hours, times and channels where it may be out of reach for young kids. But this was live tv, and the viewers may not all have been adults. Why do you think the network pulled this from there archives? They were obviously embarrassed and ashamed over it. I just think that conduct like Denis Leary's isn't appropriate in a venue where the audience could be young kids. Maybe the only 2x4 that needs to removed is the one that occupies the decent part of your damaged mind. I'm not an advocate for mass censorship, I just think that their is a time and a place. Denis Leary's comments weren't appropriate for either one. I was going to take a shot at your unfortunate circumstance that you aired on another thread, but I decided not to waste my time. Lowering myself to your level is pointless. Enjoy your weekend Ted.

you, know if you said that in the begining, this whole thread wouldn't have turned into let's flame jetjack@$$. Way to convey your original POV
Well I believe it all is coming to an end. Oh well, I guess we are gonna pretend.

Cadet57

Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:52 am

Quoting Piercey (Reply 40):
you, know if you said that in the begining, this whole thread wouldn't have turned into let's flame jetjack@$$

Oh yes it would. Because he would find SOMETHING to bitch about and then get everyone all worked up...

itsjustme

Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:03 am

All Denis Leary did was a modern day Don Rickles skit. It was funny, maybe a little over played, but funny none the less. Get over it.

jetjack74

Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:22 am

Quoting Piercey (Reply 40):
you, know if you said that in the begining, this whole thread wouldn't have turned into let's flame jetjack@$$. Way to convey your original POV

Piercey, wake up and smell yourself. This wasn't just a drive-by Ted moment, this was another all out assualt by Ted and his liver-damaged gangsters. When Ted shows up on a thread the rest of his buddies do too. It's all part of their modus-operendi, this is what they do. They might as well get paid for since it's practically a part-time job at this point. This is just a pattern that these trolls run. Stick around, you'll see, or you'll become one of them.

Quoting Itsjustme (Reply 42):
All Denis Leary did was a modern day Don Rickles skit. It was funny, maybe a little over played, but funny none the less. Get over it.

This wasn't a Don Rickles number.
Made from jets!

CastleIsland

Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:32 am

Quoting Jetjack74 (Reply 43):
This wasn't just a drive-by Ted moment, this was another all out assualt by Ted and his liver-damaged gangsters. When Ted shows up on a thread the rest of his buddies do too. It's all part of their modus-operendi, this is what they do. They might as well get paid for since it's practically a part-time job at this point. This is just a pattern that these trolls run.

I can't think of another time when I "ganged" up on anyone based on a post by Ted. Both Leary and Clarke are obnoxious and somewhat socially unacceptable. It's just part of their "charm," if you will. It's an east coast thing.

srbmod

Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:39 am

Quoting CastleIsland (Reply 44):
Both Leary and Clarke are obnoxious and somewhat socially unacceptable. It's just part of their "charm," if you will. It's an east coast thing.

No telling what Jetjack would have said if he was watching the Yankees and Artie Lange was guesting in the booth......

piercey

Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:37 am

Quoting Jetjack74 (Reply 43):

Piercey, wake up and smell yourself. This wasn't just a drive-by Ted moment, this was another all out assualt by Ted and his liver-damaged gangsters. When Ted shows up on a thread the rest of his buddies do too. It's all part of their modus-operendi, this is what they do. They might as well get paid for since it's practically a part-time job at this point. This is just a pattern that these trolls run. Stick around, you'll see, or you'll become one of them.

all I'm gonna say is see my profile

jetjack74

Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:49 am

Quoting Piercey (Reply 46):
all I'm gonna say is see my profile

Thanks! Glad to be aboard  Wink
Made from jets!

Cadet57

Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:28 am

Dammit, where did i put my "Rescue Me" dvd's?

jetjack74

Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:28 pm

Quoting TedTAce (Reply 48):
Have a nice weekend too JJ

I will. I'll wish your wife a happy birthday for you. Big grin Have a good one. Regards, Leslie
Made from jets!