Birdwatching
Topic Author

This Girl Is Every A.netter's Dream! (Not!)

Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:36 am

So she wants to travel from Wales to Brisbane by train, bus and ship to avoid taking the "environmentally unfriendly" plane?

http://babs2brisbane.blogspot.com/

I should really email her to tell her about all the flights I've taken this year alone with the purpose just to fly.

Soren  santahat 
All the things you probably hate about travelling are warm reminders that I'm home

trekster

RE: This Girl Is Every A.netter's Dream! (Not!)

Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:43 am

I have done a post on her blog, wonder if a reply will come on lol

I have been good though
Where does the time go???

deltagator

Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:46 am

What a buffoon. Does she not consider the source of power for the trains, ships, and busses? There really is no help for some dumbasses out there.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

JGPH1A

Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:52 am

She's apparently planning to get to Australia via Russia - err, that's the long way round love ! And all those trains and buses in Russia, what do they run on ? Borsht ? Clearly a silly cow. I bet she ends up on a plane, despite her hairy-legged sandal-wearing protests to the contrary.
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

Birdwatching
Topic Author

Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:54 am

I just posted too. In fact, we should all post. You don't even need to register or anything.

JGPH1A, you should post exactly what you wrote here!

Soren  santahat 
All the things you probably hate about travelling are warm reminders that I'm home

Boeing744

Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:57 am

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 3):
And all those trains and buses in Russia, what do they run on ? Borsht ?

rotfl 

Quoting Birdwatching (Thread starter):
I should really email her to tell her about all the flights I've taken this year alone with the purpose just to fly.

You horrible, horrible person!!!  Yeah sure

SFOMEX

Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:04 am

In the name of those flying cattle class, thank you girl! Planes are way too crowded anyway without your environmentally friendly ass.
The only thing worst than the GOP is the Democratic Party, think about it!

AirPacific747

Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:19 am

Haha I posted as well!

Go3Team

Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:22 am

$20USD says she doesn't shave... anything.

Edit:

I wonder how long it's going to take before they delete my post over there.

[Edited 2006-08-21 00:33:20]
Yay Pudding!

Birdwatching
Topic Author

Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:38 am

Oh great. Reading the posts you guys have made over there I wish I hadn't posted this at all. I thought we were capable of neutrally proving that planes are cleaner than she thinks, but some of you guys posted personal attacks that have nothing to do with the point.

Which only makes us look stupid.
Which is the opposite of what we were trying to achieve.

It's really simple, but apparently too hard for some of you to figure out.

Soren  santahat 

LTU932

Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:40 am

So she wants to travel from Wales to Brisbane by train, bus and ship to avoid taking the "environmentally unfriendly" plane?

Two words should describe her quite nicely: Attention Whore

Wink

AirPacific747

Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:44 am

Wow the latest post is so mean!

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 10):
Two words should describe her quite nicely: Attention Whore

Doesn't justify that post though. Way across the line

Go3Team

Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:49 am

Quoting Birdwatching (Reply 9):

Mine is just a rub it in kind of post with a little jab added in. I don't mention air travel at all. I had to delete the part of where I hoped she broke a leg in the middle of Siberia, and did her part to keep the wildlife there fed, so it wouldn't bash her too much.

Edit:

Looks like Johan paid a visit.

[Edited 2006-08-21 00:55:12]
Yay Pudding!

Birdwatching
Topic Author

Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:56 am

Quoting Go3Team (Reply 12):
Mine is just a rub it in kind of post with a little jab added in. I don't mention air travel at all. I had to delete the part of where I hoped she broke a leg in the middle of Siberia, and did her part to keep the wildlife there fed, so it wouldn't bash her too much.

And by doing that, you reach exactly the opposite of what you want to.

Thanks to you, people over there will think aviation enthusiasts are childish and uneducated. Which is what you are, but not the rest of us.

Soren  santahat 

BAxMAN

Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:56 am

Pah!

It's been done before by a far more entertaining chap.

http://www.petermoore.net/wwh/wwh.htm
I need to get laid

YYZflyer

Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:57 am

Haha, Johan replied to it I think. Click his name and it comes to the a.net homepage.  Smile
Avoid hangovers, stay drunk.

Birdwatching
Topic Author

Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:05 am

Oh my god what an attention whore know-it-all idiot posted there

Quote:

"QF and BA do it direct"

By the way:

QF = Qantas
BA = British Airways

And by 'direct', it isn't completely direct. You still have to stop somewhere in the far east on a layover, usually in SIN (Singapore), HKG (Hong Kong), BKK (Bangkok) or KUL (Kuala Lumpur).

Soren  santahat 

Go3Team

Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:08 am

Quoting Birdwatching (Reply 13):
And by doing that, you reach exactly the opposite of what you want to.

Thanks to you, people over there will think aviation enthusiasts are childish and uneducated. Which is what you are, but not the rest of us.

Again, My little combination of letters mention nothing of aviation or the like. Its a truthful statement, if you find it childish, read some of the stuff others have posted there.
Yay Pudding!

LTU932

Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:11 am

Quoting AirPacific747 (Reply 11):
Wow the latest post is so mean!

You mean the post at Blogspot or mine here?  Confused I didn't even post there in the first place.

Go3Team

Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:21 am

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 18):
You mean the post at Blogspot or mine here? I didn't even post there in the first place.

I don't think hes blaming you, apparantly, I did all the mean ones, or so whoever used my name thinks I did.
Yay Pudding!

jetjack74

Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:29 am

Yes those nastily regulated airplanes versus those grease-dropping trains, axle grease seeping into the soil. How could she be wrong?
Made from jets!

bristolflyer

Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:46 am

She's no looker, that's for sure. I reckon she'll fit right in on those Russian busses that are full of simple country folk taking their chickens to market.

BF
Fortune favours the brave

NoUFO

Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:22 am

Look, just leave that girl alone and let her lead a life she thinks suits her best.

Quoting BristolFlyer (Reply 21):
She's no looker, that's for sure.

Most aren't ... Who cares anyway?
I support the right to arm bears

AC773

Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:55 am

I just love how her freinds are posting in with things to the effect of "Don't listen to those meanie aviation nerds; you should do what you believe".

I'm usually in agreement with environmentalists, but this bunch of idiots seems to be living in their own universe.  Yeah sure
Better to be nouveau than never to have been riche at all.

57AZ

Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:55 am

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 2):
What a buffoon. Does she not consider the source of power for the trains, ships, and busses? There really is no help for some dumbasses out there.

Probably so. For those who care to look objectively at the amount of fuel used per unit of passenger or cargo transported, ships are the most efficient form of transportation followed by rail. Air travel is the most inefficient form of transportation. Yes ships and trains are also fossil fuel dependant but they are capable of hauling much greater volumes of goods or passengers, making their amount of pollution per unit transported miniscule compared to that of the most efficient airplane. At present, total weight of the average US freight train is between 10 and 15 thousand tons, only 400 or 500 tons being that of the locomotive power units. There's no rational or logical argument to be made-ship and rail transportation are more energy efficient and are thus more environmentally friendly than aviation.

[Edited 2006-08-21 04:56:17]
"When a man runs on railroads over half of his lifetime he is fit for nothing else-and at times he don't know that."

bristolflyer

Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:07 pm

Quoting 57AZ (Reply 24):
Air travel is the most inefficient form of transportation.

I sometimes feel guilty for doing so much travelling (not that I do much, but I have probably done 20 rtn trips across the Atlantic). I usually question myself as to whether the trip is necessary, but it always is and I don't feel passionate enough about the cause to use suffer the inconvenience of busses/trains/ships like this girl is doing.

BF

PS

Quoting NoUFO (Reply 22):
Most aren't ... Who cares anyway?

Just being sexist, nothing more than that.
Fortune favours the brave

AC773

Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:21 pm

Quoting BristolFlyer (Reply 25):
I don't feel passionate enough about the cause to use suffer the inconvenience of busses/trains/ships like this girl is doing.

Hopefully you'd be smart enough not to seriously consider that option.  Wink

Just so you guys know, my post is the really super-long one in the Passports, etc. posting. I tried to be nice.

57AZ

Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:23 pm

If there is no reasonable alternative, I will fly. The real problem here is that government subsidization of motor transport and air travel has killed off most investment in long haul ground transportation. Even worse is the political interference that financially supports unviable services such as the ultra long haul passenger rail lines that have only triweekly service simply because of a certain representative's legislative power and not on the basis of true need. That not only creates room for controversy but deprives viable routes of that wasted funding.

If a plane trip is of necessity, don't trouble yourself over it. At least you're asking that question.
"When a man runs on railroads over half of his lifetime he is fit for nothing else-and at times he don't know that."

baylorairbear

Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:09 pm

Bwahahaha!!!

Quote:

Scotty said...

Sense no for makes to hippy! I'm deaf and cheap are planes! I DO NOT SEX WITH RETARDED STUART!!! Busses are no fuel efficient as ScottysAir! Shave My leGs your!

BAB  rotfl 
I'm just skipping stones...

BCAInfoSys

Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:18 pm

Quoting BaylorAirBear (Reply 28):
Bwahahaha!!!

Quote:

Scotty said...

Sense no for makes to hippy! I'm deaf and cheap are planes! I DO NOT SEX WITH RETARDED STUART!!! Busses are no fuel efficient as ScottysAir! Shave My leGs your!

BAB rotfl

WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT, over. Oh Lord.. this is so damned amazing. I don't think his hearing impairment has anything to do with it. I think there's some mental retardation going on over there. I'm dating a girl with a hearing disability, and she communicates just fine. Granted with hearing aids, she can use the phone and have regular conversations and whatever. So her impairment may not be as bad as his. But that's still just messed up.

Lord, oh Lord who I've ignored and denied for so long: I will come back to your fold and pray everyday if you will do us all the favor of removing idiots such as this from this world. Please, pretty pretty please?  pray 
Militant Agnostic - I don't know and you don't either.

baylorairbear

Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:29 pm

Quoting BCAInfoSys (Reply 29):
.. this is so damned amazing. I don't think his hearing impairment has anything to do with it. I think there's some mental retardation going on over there. I'm dating a girl with a hearing disability, and she communicates just fine. Granted with hearing aids, she can use the phone and have regular conversations and whatever. So her impairment may not be as bad as his. But that's still just messed up.

Going from what I remember reading once, sign languauge does not have a written equivalent, so for those who are completely deaf, and can not learn language and grammar auditorily, they have extreme difficulty communicating in writing.

As far as Scotty's post to the blog, I'm quite certain a comedic genius was simply impersonating him. Far be it for me to reveal who it was, though.

BAB angel 

trekster

Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:10 pm

"Alot of very good comments (other than scottys) have been made here. Some i did not even think of.
Going by tramp steamer/boat/cargo ship will do WAYYY more damage than a long haul flt. Oil spills, sewage, etc etc. Long haul is best done flying, it is faster, uses less fuel, saves money for one thing. It is the most econimcal option, for both money and the environment you say you are trying to save by going on old russian trains and buses, and old cargo ships that leak well, crap into the ocean. "

My little comment to her.

BTW, who is johan there lol
Where does the time go???

AirPacific747

Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:45 pm

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 18):

You mean the post at Blogspot or mine here?

No not your post here but the one in your Blogspot

rootsair

Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:08 pm

I'll join you.... that's exacrly the same mentality as mine. Fly for the pleasure
A man without the knowledge of his past history,culture and origins is like a tree without roots

rammstein

Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:39 pm

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 3):
She's apparently planning to get to Australia via Russia - err, that's the long way round love ! And all those trains and buses in Russia, what do they run on ? Borsht ? Clearly a silly cow. I bet she ends up on a plane, despite her hairy-legged sandal-wearing protests to the contrary.

thumbsup  She's just a smelly attention whore.
He who wishes to be rich in a day will be hanged in a day. --Leonardo Da Vinci

ryangooner

Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:47 pm

I think its a result, coz if she was my girlfriend i would congratualte her on her choice of transport....

"3 weeks holiday in in Oz love?, you go by bus ill go by plane, cya in 6 weeks!, plenty of time spotting at all the airports for me!, by the time you get there ill be back home - perfect holiday!"

why complain...

Ryan
ooh to ooh to be ooh to be a gooner!

baylorairbear

Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:52 pm

Her blog keeps getting better and better. I think we've discovered a new virtual sport, Blog Crashing.

Bird, I want you to be on the lookout for blogs for us to sodomize.

BAB bouncy 

ryangooner

Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:55 pm

From her blog...

"Instead of working every day I like to have time to spend with friends, to grow plants and be creative; play music, write and tell stories to keep traditions alive."

I might have to pay her a visit - I wonder what plants she grows!

Ryan

skidmarks

Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:30 pm

Quoting Ryangooner (Reply 37):
I might have to pay her a visit - I wonder what plants she grows!

Never mind what plants she grows - does she shower? Big grin

And if she's THAT against technology, how come she's using a computer?

Andy  old 
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional

ryangooner

Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:38 pm

Skid

Its official she doesnt shower, and i can exclusively reveal i bumped into her in the BA Queue terminal four 2 weeks ago where she was refused boarding due to the pungent aroma that she was wafting around, i guess she had no alternative but to walk....

Ryan

rammstein

Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:41 pm

Quoting from the blog:

gkirk wrote...

I like ya very much but I like also planes, so I'm sorry we ya don't match.

9:40 AM

Confused
He who wishes to be rich in a day will be hanged in a day. --Leonardo Da Vinci

LTU932

Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:49 pm

Quoting Ryangooner (Reply 37):
I wonder what plants she grows!

I wonder if she grows some of the good plants.  stirthepot 

David L

Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:19 am

Quoting AC773 (Reply 26):
my post is the really super-long one in the Passports, etc. posting.

Have you seen the "Cindy Sheehan" post in that section (9:55 AM)?

Quoting Rammstein (Reply 40):

Another impersonation, perhaps?

[Edited 2006-08-21 17:22:17]

IFEMaster

Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:25 am

*shudder* I'm quite glad she chooses not to fly. It eliminates the possibility that I'd get stuck next to her soap-dodging *ss on a full 744 in coach.

Anyone want to chip in and we could all collectively send her a dingy and a paddle?
Delivering Anecdotes of Dubious Relevance Since 1978

AirPacific747

Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:39 am

I love this comment:

Quoting In Da House:

I wonder how you were able to post on the Internet without electricity  Wow!

Less bullshit next time, please.

Big grin

AC773

Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:49 am

The site she referenced for her calculations on the CO2 emissions of air travel is total crap. Even if you lay aside the fact that it looks to have been designed by a child, the math just doesn't add up. This is clearly the work of an eco-zealot with nothing better to do than feed propaganda to anyone who will believe it.

I've done my own research and found my own calculator for the carbon emissions of air travel. And guess what? Yep, the actual emissions quote from a reputable website was 8,245 pounds of CO2 for the whole shebang, round trip and all.

BTW, here's the calculator I used:

http://www.terrapass.com/flight/flightcalc.html

EDIT: Realized the calculator I used is in standard, her stuff is in metric. I'll reserve judgement until I finish calculating this, but I still have a hunch that that site was BS.

SECOND EDIT: Dang and blast! After conversion, the figures from the calculator I mentioned still came out to 3.73 metric tonnes of CO2 for the round-trip journey, while our friend Babs will be using 2.8. That said, I didn't check her figures for the ships, trains, etc. so there still could be some discrepancy.

[Edited 2006-08-21 21:52:13]

[Edited 2006-08-21 22:00:17]

baylorairbear

Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:39 am

Quoting David L (Reply 42):
Have you seen the "Cindy Sheehan" post in that section (9:55 AM)  confused 

BAB takes another bow.

BAB  silly 

Sabena332

Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:51 am

Quoting NoUFO (Reply 22):
Look, just leave that girl alone and let her lead a life she thinks suits her best.

checkmark 

It must be so mega cool to be in a group of 10 (or 15 or 20 or more) people who diss a girl they don't know via the internet and flood her guestbook with shit (either anonymous or under a fake name) just because she has another opinion of travelling around the world than you guys have.

Well done!

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

aerorobnz

Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:46 am

Quoting AirPacific747 (Reply 44):
Quoting In Da House:

I wonder how you were able to post on the Internet without electricity Wow!

Less bullshit next time, please.

That's the most relevent post that's been made. Shows her motives are for attention, and her misdirected eco-warrior preaching is intellectually unsound. I'm a proponant of saving our resources, but these modern-day joan of arc type martyrs that hear voices calling them in their heads deserve the same punishment as Joan got. She should calculate how much CO2 she generates by mouthing off her tripe. She'll be the same type of hippy that drives around in an ancient car that spouts out all sorts of greenhouse gases because she can't afford a hybrid, but doesn't want to be a 'consumer' by buying a newer car.

All the rest is just sour grapes that she doesn't like planes. Overland travel is great fun too, you actually visit places rather than fly over them.
Flown to 120 Airports in 44 Countries on 73 Operators. Visited 55 Countries and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

baylorairbear

Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:58 am

I see she's taken to selectively deleting posts from her blogs, and not just the fake ones.

BAB