TedTAce
Topic Author

Do You Pull It Out Or Keep It In?

Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:31 pm

Your Credit card... When someone already has their credit card and the check in hand?

Personally I always try to pull it out and let them see that I'm willing to pay  Wink

If the mods want to let this thread turn into another discussion that's up to them  Wink
This space intentionally left blank

ArmitageShanks

RE: Do You Pull It Out Or Keep It In?

Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:42 pm

LOL WHAT A FUNNY THREAD TITLE!!! YOU HAD ME FOOLED!

It would have *actually* been funny if these stupid threads didn't happen every other day.

futureualpilot

Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:47 pm

Depending on the circumstance, I almost always pull out. It might make the situation a little messy and confusing at the time, but its better than it coming back to cost you even more down the road when you try to make amends...
Life is better when you surf.

itsjustme

Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:47 pm

I keep it in. Less of a mess to clean up that way. At the end of the month when it comes time to balance your statement.

IAH777

Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:57 pm

Depends on the situation. If my companion has already jumped the gun a whipped his (or hers) out, I might take mine out and lay it on the table. If he or she says, "Oh, no! That just won't do! I can't put it all on yours! We'll just put yours on mine," I won't put up much of a fight. Often times -- especially when out with colleagues -- we'll all whip ours out and give them to the waitress all at once. She's so often overwhelmed we have to split it up and she takes them one at a time.

One time, I pulled mine out and showed it to the waitress and she held it in her hand like a priceless jewel. She said she'd never seen one quite like it and I explained that if I could use it with her today, I could certainly put a few miles on it. I explained further that the more I whip it out and use it, I stand to ride all the way to Hawaii on it.

HAWK21M

Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:34 pm

It depends on the Situation but mostly I pull it out in time.
regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

qr332

Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:21 pm

Quoting IAH777 (Reply 4):
Depends on the situation. If my companion has already jumped the gun a whipped his (or hers) out, I might take mine out and lay it on the table. If he or she says, "Oh, no! That just won't do! I can't put it all on yours! We'll just put yours on mine," I won't put up much of a fight. Often times -- especially when out with colleagues -- we'll all whip ours out and give them to the waitress all at once. She's so often overwhelmed we have to split it up and she takes them one at a time.

One time, I pulled mine out and showed it to the waitress and she held it in her hand like a priceless jewel. She said she'd never seen one quite like it and I explained that if I could use it with her today, I could certainly put a few miles on it. I explained further that the more I whip it out and use it, I stand to ride all the way to Hawaii on it.

rotfl  rotfl  rotfl  rotfl 
"The greatest threat to knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

gkirk

Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:27 pm

rotfl  rotfl 
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

m180up

Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:36 pm

I pull it out on time most of the times, and only if my partner says they want to pay for all I will at least pay for my part, if they are willing to pay I won't complaint  Wink
Werner from SAL

baylorairbear

Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:50 pm

Generally speaking, it's known that I don't pull mine out, unless circumstances require one of a higher caliber. Needless to say, I don't leave home without it.

I've seen the guys who try to be cool by yanking out their miniature ones, ones on key chains, flexible ones, those with their pictures on them, and I've even seen a clear one a time or two.

Nothing is more embarrasing for the waitress, though, as when she misplaces it before returning it to the customer.

Nothing is more embarrasing for the gentleman when he is told that it has been rejected, or that his is no longer welcome at an establishment.

Some criminals try to be sneaky by cloning them. Imagine the confusion on the gentleman's face when he is informed of having used it, and he has no recollection at all.

What must be the worst is when someone is informed that they must cut it into little pieces because they have been using it recklessly.

BAB Big grin
I'm just skipping stones...

Cadet57

Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:01 pm

rotfl   rotfl 

Wow, that has lets see, 1...2...ahahahaha
Doors open, right hand side, next stop is Springfield.

safs

Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:54 pm

Sorry... nothing I post will top IAH777's response. Too funny!

IAH777

Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:02 pm

Yet more proof that this place is chock-full of pervs.  thumbsup 

ilikeyyc

Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:05 pm

Quoting TedTAce (Thread starter):
Personally I always try to pull it out and let them see that I'm willing to pay

Pull it out all you want to impress the ladies, but when you want to use it you will be denied.....you are way over your limit.

Signed,
Your credit card company.
Fighting Absurdity with Absurdity!

halls120

Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:34 pm

Quoting Ilikeyyc (Reply 13):
Quoting TedTAce (Thread starter):
Personally I always try to pull it out and let them see that I'm willing to pay

Pull it out all you want to impress the ladies, but when you want to use it you will be denied.....you are way over your limit.

Signed,

rotfl 
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

SlamClick

Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:55 am

Ahh, the old "platinum flash"

I don't know how many times I've seen that; someone pulls a credit card with no intention of using it, and they wave it around so everyone can see it. The sole purpose is to show it off - as if the rest of us don't have such a status symbol.

Worse is the guy who goes out with a large 'separate checks' kind of crowd and then says "Give me cash for your part plus tip and I'll put it on my card." Most people at the table will overpay or overtip. Then this guy pockets all the cash, pays the bill, gets the receipt for possible tax use, and stiffs the waitstaff.

This second type almost did turn me into a slam-clicker.
Happiness is not seeing another trite Ste. Maarten photo all week long.

MattRB

Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:06 am

Quoting Ilikeyyc (Reply 13):

Signed,

That's why I always carry protection.

overdraft protection that is
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible.

Jpax

Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:13 am

I pull it out...unless there is some shady character next to me.

When not talking of the plastic, pulling out works as well.  Wink

FlyingTexan

Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:24 pm

Quoting SlamClick (Reply 15):
Ahh, the old "platinum flash"

Its even funnier when it happens with a black (Centurion) American Express.

Quoting SlamClick (Reply 15):
Then this guy pockets all the cash, pays the bill, gets the receipt for possible tax use, and stiffs the waitstaff.

I don't do those type.
"Wouldn't your boss like to fly home nonstop at 4:30 on a Friday afternoon?" -Airline Exec to Congressional Staffer

TheSunseeker

Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:25 pm

Act like you need the bathroom, and on your way back to the table you pay the bill and depending on the level of service you tip.

As easy as that.

btw I got fooled by the title as well  Silly you guys are nasty
RSA: Dont drink and drive - take the train and get mugged