AGM100
Topic Author

Forgotten Katrina Heroes

Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:24 am

I heard a radio show last night , the Host was giving a step by step run down on the National Guard deployment during Katrina. Its funny I never heard much about it on the news ... Mostly just bitching how everything went wrong.
Its pretty incredible when you get into the details of what a massive deployment it became and was actually begun days before the storm hit. I did not know that the force level actually grew to 50K with 10 days of the storm hitting.

Over 150 helos were operating with 3 days , a quote from one of the pilots was " our biggest fear was runnning into each other".

Well I for one want one to remember these people , The People of NO should be putting a monument up pronto.

http://hsgac.senate.gov/_files/Katri...20operations%20during%20katrina%22

http://www.talkingproud.us/EagleKatrina6.html
You dig the hole .. I fill the hole . 100% employment !

TedTAce

RE: Forgotten Katrina Heroes

Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:50 am

Well, if ANYONE is going to get my vote; it's going to be the boy's and girls in the USCG Dauphns. For civilians in that area who were on their roof tops, these guys did NOTHING short of KICK FUCKING ASS!!!
This space intentionally left blank

texan

RE: Forgotten Katrina Heroes

Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:00 am

The volunteers who have trekked to New Orleans to help the cleanup and rebuilding efforts, too. The volunteers have been doing so much to help the people in the 7th and 9th wards, people who truly need the help and appreciate what people are doing. Nothing but respect for all of them. Nothing but condemnation to the politicians, on both sides of the aisle, who are using New Orleans as a marketing tool for their campaigns but refuse to help the people who still suffer.

Texan
"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library."