planespotting

Anyone Else Exhausted From T-gating This Morning?

Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:48 am

Well college football started off with a bang here in Iowa City.

Started off last night around 9ish when I went downtown with a friend of mine. We weren't planning on staying out long, but we ended up going to the Sports Column (Spo-Co) and The Fieldhouse before the night was over and didn't come home until 1:30am. Woke up at 6am this morning, threw on a pair of shorts, hawkeye t shirt and flip flops and went tailgating. Started off with flippy cup at my buddys house with with beer and whiskey, and on the walk to kinnick stadium a few of us bought a forty and we brown bagged that shit. For some reason people think it's awesome when you're drinking a forty out of a brown bag, and we got many accolades as we made our slow staggered drunken walk to do more tailgating closer to kinnick.

So we get to where we're going, someplace that everyone calls "the track house," and pay $5 for a cup only to find a keg with at least 30 people standing standing in line waiting for a cup and the slowest tap ever. ugh.

ahh well, eventually we got our beer and enjoyed ourselves. it was only 9am at this point, so we were able to have a few cups and get our moneys worth. We headed to the stadium around 1030 and found our seats in the student section right before kickoff.

Despite the slow start, the hawks came out on top 41-7 and we all went home happy. By the time I got home at 2, however, I felt pretty spent. Took a shower, and felt even more tired. I ended up falling asleep during the first quarter of the Ohio State-Northern Illinois game and woke up to find that game over and the local news on. Whew. I think I'll take it easy tonite...

anyone else have a good time tailgating this morning?  Smile
Do you like movies about gladiators?

atrude777

RE: Anyone Else Exhausted From T-gating This Morning?

Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:35 am

Lucky, I had to work at the college football game.

Tailgating starts at 3pm, game started at 7pm, So I had to be there at 4pm and stayed until 10pm, worked 6 hrs straight, so no tailgating for me  Silly

We won though, kicked the other team off the field! They didn't score a single touchdown, we went 49-0.

Alex
Good things come to those who wait, better things come to those who go AFTER it!

bill142

Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:33 am

What the hell is tail gating?

Here it refers to driving behind someone and being so close your almost stuck to their tail gate

misbeehavin

Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:38 am

Good God yes! We started at 10 am yesterday. Game started at 8 pm. Hit the bars after the game. Got home at 3 am.

I'm still exhausted!

dl021

Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:30 pm

I thought you were talking about walking from the end of the T-gates at ATL to the baggage claim area and I was about to agree with you.....
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

misbeehavin

Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:31 pm

Quoting DL021 (Reply 4):
I thought you were talking about walking from the end of the T-gates at ATL to the baggage claim area and I was about to agree with you.....

LOL! I agree... Those 20 seconds are exhausting!  Smile