Dougloid
Topic Author

Watch Out For Doner Kebab

Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:46 am

Interesting piece in der Spiegel.....it should prove interesting to everyone who ever ate the stuff and got the hershey squirts

http://service.spiegel.de/cache/international/0,1518,435268,00.html
If you believe in coincidence, you haven't looked close enough-Joe Leaphorn

ME AVN FAN

RE: Watch Out For Doner Kebab

Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:01 am

Quoting Dougloid (Thread starter):
who ever ate the stuff

-
A) "People who always only buy their meat in the form of plastic-wrapped special offers stamped with supposedly fresh sell-by dates in their supermarket freezers shouldn't complain about transgressions by meat traders because they themselves basically share the blame.
> I strongly DISagree. Also a seller of "special offers" is liable to being honest and selling acceptable products.
-
and whenever many Germans, and in particular people of some particular German states, beat even most thriftly neighbours in regard to trying to save money when buying food, this never may be accepted as justification for anybody selling outdated or bad meat. You of course can save outdated chicks. I remember when having been in the kitchen of an artillery unit up in the Engiadina Valley, I was alerted by a collegue who told me and "showed" me that the chickens prepared by our boss were smelling badly. We then upon an idea of me, put curry and mayoran and some other spices onto the chickens, and then some butter, and then repeated that about six or seven times. It became excellent and people loved it and bought record amounts of local red wine (Valtellina) and it was a major success ! But the supplier after that made a free-of-charge-supply as compensation !

Dougloid
Topic Author

Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:16 am

Well it is said that whatever doesn't kill you will make you strong.

If Lebanese GIs are like GIs the world over they'll eat nearly anything that doesn't eat back.
If you believe in coincidence, you haven't looked close enough-Joe Leaphorn

SlamClick

Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:23 am

Oh! I thought you meant "donor" kebab - meaning skewered, donated human organs. Or maybe "Donner" as in Donner Party, or even Dahmer - both of which imply human stuff on the menu. (What the Fijians used to call Long Pig)

This was a relief.
Happiness is not seeing another trite Ste. Maarten photo all week long.

bill142

Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:49 am

Quoting SlamClick (Reply 3):
Oh! I thought you meant "donor" kebab - meaning skewered, donated human organs. Or maybe "Donner" as in Donner Party, or even Dahmer - both of which imply human stuff on the menu. (What the Fijians used to call Long Pig)

I think you've got the wrong thread Mr Lecter.