Thom@s
Topic Author

Need Suggestions For File Converting Programs.

Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:07 am

The video files from my camera are automatically stored as quicktime .mov files on my computer. In order to use these in my video-editing program, I need to convert them into .mpeg files.

This problem was solved by downloading a free version of the mov to mpeg converting program TMPG. But after a longer period of free trial, it now only converts half the file, and is therefore no longer any good to me.

Can anyone suggest a mov to mpeg converting program (preferably free for downloading from the internet)?

Any help is nice.

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

RichardPrice

RE: Need Suggestions For File Converting Programs.

Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:15 am

Thom@s
Topic Author

Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:01 pm

Thanks. Althought it seems to convert quite a few files into mpeg, I couldn't find a mov - mpeg converter.

Thanks anyway.

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

Thom@s
Topic Author

Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:25 am

Damn... All I find is free trial downloads which either only convert half the file or ads a tag to the finished clip.  Sad

Even though I removed the TMPG program I had (which expired) and installed it over again, it "remembered me" and won't give me a new trial period.

Stupid program...

Thom@s

cfalk

Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:31 am

WinAVI will do it.

I'll send the details to you.
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

Thom@s
Topic Author

Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:34 am

Great, thanks.  Smile

Thom@s