cornish

Italian Grand Prix Thread

Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:11 pm

Well the first big announcement is that Heikki Kovalienen will be taking Alonso's vacated seat at Renault next season

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/5319424.stm

Now we await the big Ferrari announcement at Monza. Kimi must surely be announced now - but alonside Schuey or Massa. If Schuey doesn't retire then Massa must be pretty gutted. Relegated to either a test role or a minor F1 team drive next year right after wining his first GP if Schuey stays on. If he's happy to do that then perhaps he has a deal that he wil lget a ful time Ferraris eat alongside Kimi in 2008 if Michael stays on for one more year.

Certainly by all accounts, prior to the Turkish GP start, Massa didn't look like a driver under the pressure of losing his seat - in fact very relaxed, as his performance suggested. Does this mean that Schuey is going to make this his last season then ??
Just when I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, it was some B*****d with a torch bringing me more work

nosedive

RE: Italian Grand Prix Thread

Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:15 pm

Beat me by a minute!

cornish

Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:17 pm

Quoting Nosedive (Reply 1):
Beat me by a minute!

LOL Great minds think alike  Smile
Just when I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, it was some B*****d with a torch bringing me more work

Andreas

Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:18 pm

Quoting Cornish (Thread starter):
Does this mean that Schuey is going to make this his last season then ??

Well this could possibly be the case...and rumours are, that he will pronounce it this weekend. Well, looking at his statistics, I suspect he can be pretty sure NOT to lose most of his top positions (number of WCs, number of GP wins, of Pole Positions of whatnot) in a veeeery long time.
I know it's only VfB but I like it!

cornish

Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:32 pm

Quoting Andreas (Reply 3):
Well, looking at his statistics, I suspect he can be pretty sure NOT to lose most of his top positions (number of WCs, number of GP wins, of Pole Positions of whatnot) in a veeeery long time.

If ever.

I'm really interested to see how Kovaleinen will do next season. Straight into a top-line drive after a season as test driver. He was beaten to the GP2 crown by rosberg last year, but it was generally regarded that Rosberg's team had found a very definite car advantage and that Kovaleinen is ultimately the better driver. That remains to be seen of course, and Renault are confident that they have a real talent on their hands.

However there are plenty of drivers who've been the next big thing that have burst into F1 and proved to be a big disappointment. Lets hope Heikki proves to be more of a Kimi or Alonso or Schuey, rather than a Magnussen or Modena.

nosedive

Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:33 pm

Quoting Cornish (Reply 2):
Quoting Nosedive (Reply 1):Beat me by a minute!
LOL Great minds think alike  

As for Schumey, I hope to god he doesn't retire, as F1 loses a major benchmark, albeit 1 I hate.

STR is goin to V8s next yr, w/ Italian power rumored. Does this mean another twist the the RedBull(s) Ferrari drama?

As for Massa, I recall reading he seems pretty secure that he's staying w/ Ferrari.

But from here on out, it's all down to the tires (none of this Euro-tyre bullshit  )

[Edited 2006-09-06 12:33:34]

ba757

Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:44 pm

Now we await the big Ferrari announcement at Monza. Kimi must surely be announced now - but alonside Schuey or Massa.

Probably, but you still can't rule out Raikkonen remaining at Mclaren. It's still possible, though unlikely.

The next big question, who will be partnering Alonso at Mclaren next season?

Does this mean that Schuey is going to make this his last season then ??

Let's hope so.

Adam

Andreas

Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:54 pm

Quoting Cornish (Reply 4):
Lets hope Heikki proves to be more of a Kimi or Alonso or Schuey, rather than a Magnussen or Modena.

Or another famous supertalent, Jean Alesi, crowd pleaser like no other, rain driver par excellence, nearly on a par with Schu and Senna, but, as a famous Austrian Racing Journalist once said about him:

Alesi got hold of the "Great Book about winning the WC"...he read some parts 100s of times and knows them by heart...and others he just skipped.

In the end you need 20 REAL top talents to create one REAL superstar, like Alonso or Kimi...and 100 to create a mega-champion like Schu or Senna

DAL767400ER

Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:57 pm

Well, according to the Uber-reliable "Bild"-Zeitung, Schumi will be announcing his retirement after the race in Monza if he finishes under the Top 3. Take it with a grain of salt, though I think that for once "Bild" might actually be correct  Wink .

cornish

Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:58 pm

Quoting BA757 (Reply 6):
Probably, but you still can't rule out Raikkonen remaining at Mclaren. It's still possible, though unlikely.

The next big question, who will be partnering Alonso at Mclaren next season?

It will need some seriously big money I suspect for him to stay - but by all accounts the relationship between him and Ron Dennis is shot to pieces.

But siging Aloso has made it far less imperative for McLaren to keep Kimi.

Quoting Andreas (Reply 7):
Or another famous supertalent, Jean Alesi, crowd pleaser like no other, rain driver par excellence, nearly on a par with Schu and Senna, but, as a famous Austrian Racing Journalist once said about him:

Alesi got hold of the "Great Book about winning the WC"...he read some parts 100s of times and knows them by heart...and others he just skipped.

All that talent and just one GP win to show for it. But he always drove with his heart rather thn his brain. That's why in 1990 when all the leading teams wanted to sign him he chose Ferrari just as they hit rock bottom for the next few seasons rather than Williams who then embarked on the most successful period in their history. Oops !

cornish

Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:00 pm

Quoting DAL767400ER (Reply 8):
Well, according to the Uber-reliable "Bild"-Zeitung,

rotfl 

In that case we can assume he's signed a 5 year deal with McLaren then !!! Big grin

Andreas

Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:02 pm

Quoting Cornish (Reply 9):
when all the leading teams wanted to sign him he chose Ferrari just as they hit rock bottom for the next few seasons rather than Williams who then embarked on the most successful period in their history. Oops !

Just when he came to the part about successful teaming he fell asleep...poor boy! Big grin

I won't watch the race, but it's going to be fun to find out IF Ferrari finally manages to get their act together and get far ahead of Alonso to regain points.....it's about time!

ba757gla

Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:12 pm

will MS really leave at the end of the season?

nosedive

Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:19 pm

hype:

Kimi ok to race Back is ok, and AA meetings in order...so I made that last part drunk  Wink
Klein looks to still have a job for the remainder of the season Welfare checks still expected in 2007
Fast and Wet is the way Aerowesty likes his race Your weather forecast
Flavio to stay on at Renault Duh
Zonta and Piquet Jr will test for Renault Good lineup for next yr
Vettel loaned to RB What'a whore!

ba757

Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:23 pm

Quoting Ba757gla (Reply 12):

Flavio and Herbert seem to think so.

Quote:

Michael Schumacher will probably hang up his helmet at the end of the season regardless of whether he wins the World title, according to Flavio Briatore.

The Renault team boss, who guided Schumacher to his first two World titles with Benetton, believes the Ferrari driver is starting to make too many mistakes and because of that, he should quit. In fact, Briatore believes he will.

"He is not the same as he was four or five seasons ago, so for me it would be better if he stopped. That is what he will probably do at Monza," Briatore told Gazzetta dello Sport.

"Schumacher did not used to make these errors, and after many years of F1 he knows that his new, young and terrifying rivals push hard, they are hungry and have nothing to lose."

Meanwhile, Schumacher's former team-mate Johnny Herbert agrees that the German has a lot more to lose than F1's younger drivers and believes that should he win the title, Schumi should quit.

"Last time when Schumacher had the chance to retire at the top he didn't take it and that was a big mistake," he told The People newspaper.

"Michael needs to make sure that he doesn't carry on and ruin his reputation as one of the best drivers around because once you fail to quit at the top there is no turning back time.

"It's difficult to know when to quit, but if Michael claims the crown this year then he will have to walk away from F1 as a Champion."

http://www.planet-f1.com/News/Story_.../0,15909,3210_3213_1474272,00.html

Kimi ok to race Back is ok, and AA meetings in order...so I made that last part drunk

Nah, Kimi doesn't like a drink  Wink

Adam

legoguy

Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:19 am

Hehehehe MS turns up as Egyptair if you put your mouse over it.

Hopefully he will stop racing as it is time for him to call it aday, however it would be nice to see him remain in the team as a diector or something but I guess we will not see that for another few years or so.
Can you say 'Beer Can' without sounding like a Jamaican saying 'Bacon'?

Stretch 8

Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:05 am

I fondly recall attending the F1 race at Monza in the early 1990s. What an experience! But F1 has not appealed to me in recent years. I'll come back to F1 when Marco Andretti signs with a top team, which is only a matter of time . . .
Maggs swings, it's a drive deep to left! The Tigers are going to the World Series!!!

bill142

Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:06 am

No surprises about Kovalainen getting the race seat at Renault. It's now time to wonder about McLaren. The Ferrari driver line up is unlikley to spring any surprises. However is MS dosn't stay, it could be a real possibility that KR stays on at McLaren for another year unless Ferrari abolish their team orders with a view to building the team around KR like they've done with MS.

Quoting Nosedive (Reply 13):
Flavio to stay on at Renault Duh

I think the no weak link comment is going to come back and bite him. Anyone remember BARs grand claims they were going to win the championship in their first season?

HKGKaiTak

Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:11 am

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 17):
It's now time to wonder about McLaren. The Ferrari driver line up is unlikley to spring any surprises. However is MS dosn't stay, it could be a real possibility that KR stays on at McLaren for another year unless Ferrari abolish their team orders with a view to building the team around KR like they've done with MS.

I don't think so ... Kimi & Alonso to go head to head at McLaren would be every fan's dream, even more so than the prospect of JPM & Kimi at McLaren did. Can't see Ron Dennis lining up these two together at all.

My thoughts are, if Schumi wants to go on, he'll have to accept equal number one at Ferrari alongside Raikkonen.

If you were Montezomolo you'd have the bigger picture to worry about, ie what happens to Ferrari (financially, competitively, etc etc) after the Schumacher era is over (which may coincide with the end of the Todt/Brawn era too). You simply can't squander a multi-billion dollar business's future by sticking to what's always happened in the past.

I too am looking towards a Michael Schumacher retirement announcement after the race at Monza. And to announce it after a victory at the Ferrari heartland whilst working towards winning one final World Championship for the Scuderia would be a fitting end to a great career. (Although, of course, he has to win it first)

Massa will just have to sit it out a year - he'll still only be 27 in 2008 and already an F1 veteran with the best outfit, and a driver who's getting better and better all the times. Who knows? He may even be as fast as Raikkonen ... now that is a tantalising prospect.

Bring on Monza!
4 Engines 4 LongHaul

bill142

Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:30 am

Quoting HKGKaiTak (Reply 18):
My thoughts are, if Schumi wants to go on, he'll have to accept equal number one at Ferrari alongside Raikkonen.

If you were Montezomolo you'd have the bigger picture to worry about, ie what happens to Ferrari (financially, competitively, etc etc) after the Schumacher era is over (which may coincide with the end of the Todt/Brawn era too). You simply can't squander a multi-billion dollar business's future by sticking to what's always happened in the past.

Ferrari have to start future planning. Drafting Raikkonen and the building the team around him with MS still in the team isn't a bad idea. MS will simply have to accept a lesser amount of support. If he truly cares about the sucess and future of the team, he will race Raikkonen and allow the team to give KR the same support he enjoys.

Quoting HKGKaiTak (Reply 18):
Massa will just have to sit it out a year - he'll still only be 27 in 2008 and already an F1 veteran with the best outfit, and a driver who's getting better and better all the times. Who knows? He may even be as fast as Raikkonen ... now that is a tantalising prospect.

He's already sat out a year before. If he knows he has a guaranteed seat in 2008, he'll probably accept it.

HKGKaiTak

Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:44 am

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 19):
He's already sat out a year before. If he knows he has a guaranteed seat in 2008, he'll probably accept it.

He's sat out twice before to test for Ferrari ... but that was when he was a fast driver who stuffs up big time every second race. Not as someone who has beaten Michael Schumacher and Fernando Alonso to his maiden Grand Prix victory.

Still, I'm sure the Todts would pay him very very handsomely to sit on the sidelines for a year.
4 Engines 4 LongHaul

bill142

Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:19 pm

Quoting HKGKaiTak (Reply 20):
He's sat out twice before to test for Ferrari

When was the other occasion?? I can only think of one year. Even then I have trouble putting a date on it.

ba757

Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:24 am

Flav: We came close to signing Kimi
Flavio Briatore has admitted that Renault came close to signing Kimi Raikkonen before the Finn finally opted to sign for Ferrari.

The 26-year-old is expected to be announced as part of Ferrari's 2007 driver line-up after the Italian Grand Prix on Sunday, but Briatore claims that his last ditch swoop to sign Kimi came close to convincing him to change his mind.

"It was close enough to feel that we lost," Briatore told ITV Sport.

"We didn't expect Fernando [Alonso] to go and we moved a bit late."

Alonso announced late last year that he had signed a multi-year deal with McLaren-Mercedes, while Renault was still under its previous presidency and before the French manufacturer had committed to F1 long-term.

By the time Carlos Ghosn took over in May and committed Renault to the sport until at least 2008, Alonso was long gone.

Briatore believes however that had circumstances been different then, instead of missing out on both Alonso and Raikkonen, he would instead have secured a "dream team".

"My dream was to have Fernando and Kimi but it was not possible," he revealed.

"If the stability of the team management we have now had been in place then, then I think we could have kept him [Alonso].

"The timing just wasn't right."
http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=37253

Damn it, I'd much rather he see him in a Renault than a Ferrari!

Adam

[Edited 2006-09-08 18:25:53]

legoguy

Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:41 am

Quoting BA757 (Reply 22):
Damn it, I'd much rather he see him in a Renault than a Ferrari!

Yea same!!!

Vettel is still on top after his test session at the last grandprix. He has set the top times in both sessions today, although barely any ace drivers took part in the first session. Things aren't looking good for the 2007 spec honda engine, as Davidson managed to destroy two engines, one each during seach session. (although not his fault)

dhhornet

Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:38 am

MS. Do you think he will walk away totally from F1? I just can't see it.
How about going to Toyota for the dosh or starting a new team with his Ferrarri mates?

ba757

Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:02 am

Quoting DHHornet (Reply 24):
MS. Do you think he will walk away totally from F1? I just can't see it.

I doubt it.

He will come back with his team, maybe with his brother, Schumacher Racing or something like.

Most probably with a German engine and some serious German sponsors. Engine? VW/Audi would be my guess.

Adam

HKGKaiTak

Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:30 am

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 21):
When was the other occasion?? I can only think of one year. Even then I have trouble putting a date on it.

He sat out 2003, and I remember a year after that as well ... didn't Sauber drop him for a second time? I can't recall the year either, so perhaps I was wrong.

Quoting BA757 (Reply 25):
He will come back with his team, maybe with his brother, Schumacher Racing or something like.

Most probably with a German engine and some serious German sponsors. Engine? VW/Audi would be my guess.

Do you think Schumi would have noted what happened to Alain Prost before he embarks on F1 team ownership? Personally, I doubt it will happen.
4 Engines 4 LongHaul

aerobalance

Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:54 am

Quoting HKGKaiTak (Reply 26):
Personally, I doubt it will happen.

With enough money, one can make anything happen.

I'm 50/50 on M$ announcing his retirement Sunday, though I'm leaning toward the reality that he will.
"Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy..."

bill142

Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:37 am

Quoting DHHornet (Reply 24):
How about going to Toyota for the dosh or starting a new team with his Ferrarri mates?

Toyota have a full line up for next year and I believe the season after.

Quoting Aerobalance (Reply 27):

Really? Look at how much money Toyota have thrown at F1 and what success have they had? 1 Reason why he won't start a team is because there are no avalible slots. Another is, he would only do it if he can use Ferrari cars and engines, which the rules don't currently allow cars designed by another team to be used, although that is expected to change.

aerobalance

Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:20 am

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 28):
Look at how much money Toyota have thrown at F1

Do you believe that M$ will let that happen?

HKGKaiTak

Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:44 am

Quoting Aerobalance (Reply 27):

I don't think he's silly enough to squander his own money into the blackhole of running a race team. Even Alain Prost in his most desperate years didn't ...
4 Engines 4 LongHaul

aerobalance

Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:53 am

Quoting HKGKaiTak (Reply 30):
I don't think

Ok...

Quoting HKGKaiTak (Reply 30):
he's silly enough to squander his own money

Who said anything about his own money...Hell, look what Eddie Jordan did? Think about it guys...

nosedive

Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:16 pm

1. Kimi
2. MS
3. Quick Nick
4. Massa
5. Alonso

Alonso looks to have his work cut out for him, what flew off his car?!

legoguy

Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:35 pm

What a great qualifying session. Alonso went off track, burst his right rear tyre knocking some small parts off his car. Did a good job to grab 5th place, and Kimi did a brilliant job snatching pole off Schumi by 0.002s!

I can't make heads or tails of the Renaults Strategy. Maybe Fisi is doing a one stopper in an attempt to lap frog everybody.

If Alonso can pass Massa at the start, then only Heidfeld stands between himself and Schumi.

Ferrari didn't have it their way at all today. As usual, this qualifying system worked a treat. It was touch and go with Alonso trying to get around before the clock stopped at zero and with Massa right behind him! IF he had stopped to let MAssa past, he would not have got his last lap in. MAssa may have something to say about that although it didnt look that Alonso interfered in anway with his lap.

sudden

Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:47 pm

Kimi on pole!

Great job, and I just hope he his did not have a to light car to beat the others.

Just the fact that he have beaten Ferrari in their back yard is worth a lot.

How about Nick!? Strong performence and ahead of Massa. Both Ferraris are starting on the dirty side of the track, so if Nick gets a good start he can even beat Schumi before the first corner.

Go Kimi!

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

DAL767400ER

Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:02 am

Quoting Legoguy (Reply 33):
, and Kimi did a brilliant job snatching pole off Schumi by 0.002s!

If this doesn't qualify as the closest Pole ever I'll eat my cell phone  Wow! !

legoguy

Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:36 am

Quoting Sudden (Reply 34):
How about Nick!?

I forgot about him. He did a great job, as did Kubica!

Quoting DAL767400ER (Reply 35):
If this doesn't qualify as the closest Pole ever I'll eat my cell phone !

mmmmmmmm. Was there not one race where the top 2 times in the qualifying session were identical? LOL

sudden

Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:02 am

If this doesn't qualify as the closest Pole ever I'll eat my cell phone

Rare,medium, or well done?

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

DAL767400ER

Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:19 am

Quoting Sudden (Reply 37):
Rare,medium, or well done?

Well done, I don't like it too bloody  Wink .

Quoting Legoguy (Reply 36):
If this doesn't qualify as the closest Pole ever I'll eat my cell phone !

mmmmmmmm. Was there not one race where the top 2 times in the qualifying session were identical? LOL

For that case, I have the loophole in my comment that stated "closest", not identical  Silly . So unless you manage to find a pole that differed by 0.001 seconds, the cell will still be used for calls and not dinner Big grin .

legoguy

Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:36 am

Quoting DAL767400ER (Reply 38):
For that case, I have the loophole in my comment that stated "closest", not identical . So unless you manage to find a pole that differed by 0.001 seconds, the cell will still be used for calls and not dinner .

LOL, im not sure that there was ever identical pole times, but there has certainly been identical times through out the grid on occasions

ba757

Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:42 am

Alonso has been dropped to 10 place on the grid.

Looks a bit better for Michael now, doesn't it...?

Adam

edit. http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=37287

[Edited 2006-09-09 19:43:56]

legoguy

Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:44 am

Quoting BA757 (Reply 40):

Ahhh Bollocks I was waiting for that to happen! He was never that close to Massa as to impede him!!!

sudden

Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:33 am

Quoting BA757 (Reply 40):
Alonso has been dropped to 10 place on the grid.

Makes me wonder, if this was to happen at Silverstone, or any other track, if the decision would have been the same.

Sure, the stewards travels around the world with F1, but still.......

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

legoguy

Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:21 am

Quoting Sudden (Reply 42):
Makes me wonder, if this was to happen at Silverstone, or any other track, if the decision would have been the same.

Sure, the stewards travels around the world with F1, but still.......

It also makes me wonder, if Massa was not Schumi's team mate, would he have complained at all? When I watched it, Massa was not really that close to Alonso, not enough to have impeded him in any way.

Duff44

Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:47 am

If this doesn't qualify as the closest Pole ever I'll eat my cell phone Wow! !

Quoting Legoguy (Reply 36):

Is that grilled Nokia I smell?? Big grin

1997 European GP (Jerez):
1st - Jacques Villeneuve - 1:21.072
2nd - Michael Schumacher - 1:21.072
3rd - Heinz-Harald Frentzen - 1:21.072

That's right... THREE identical times. I watched that qualifying session, and my jaw just about hit the floor when it happened...
FYI - The tiebreaker for grid position is whoever set the time first.

Quoting Legoguy (Reply 43):

It also makes me wonder, if Massa was not Schumi's team mate, would he have complained at all? When I watched it, Massa was not really that close to Alonso, not enough to have impeded him in any way.

I'm a Schumacher/Ferrari fan, but that penalty is utter bull$hit, plain and simple. Alonso and Renault are right to be annoyed.
I'll rassle ya for a bowl of bacon!

legoguy

Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:57 am

Quoting Duff44 (Reply 44):
1997 European GP (Jerez):
1st - Jacques Villeneuve - 1:21.072
2nd - Michael Schumacher - 1:21.072
3rd - Heinz-Harald Frentzen - 1:21.072

Hahahahaha YES! I knew it!

Quoting DAL767400ER (Reply 38):
So unless you manage to find a pole that differed by 0.001 seconds, the cell will still be used for calls and not dinner

We went one better. Three identical times. Make sure you take some pictures of before and after your yummy meal!

I'm a Schumacher/Ferrari fan, but that penalty is utter bull$hit, plain and simple. Alonso and Renault are right to be annoyed.

It's unbelievable! If Ferrari can't win on the track, then they're trying the next best thing... getting rid of the competition. What was Alonso supposed to do? Slow down, let him past, then miss crossing the line by about 3 seconds?!?! If you look at Massa's first slit for the lap, it wasn't his best time. But I guess that he was on a 'brilliant' middle sector when Alonso appeared in view about a mile up the road!

I am actually praying now that Kimi wins tomorrow.He deserves it the most. Would love to see Heidfeld grabbing 2nd and Button third. LOL, we know it'll never happen but maybe if it rains.....  Silly

DAL767400ER

Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:13 am

Good thing I didn't throw away my old cell phone  Silly .

Is that grilled Nokia I smell??

Siemens. I only eat high-quality German cell phones Big grin .

Quoting Legoguy (Reply 45):
Make sure you take some pictures of before and after your yummy meal!

Given that I never even posts shots of myself on a.net, you'll be in for a long wait  Silly . Though I gotta say that raw battery casing is certainly chewable.

*goes to grab some beers before the main serving*

HKGKaiTak

Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:22 am

We don't get to watch the qualifying sessions here but ... IMHO Ferrari are just playing the card to unstabilise the Renault team as much as possible when they smell an advantage. Of course, when you're 12 points behind with 4 races to go you need as much help as you can get.

Anyone else rememeber the Michelin saga in 2003 pre-Monza?
4 Engines 4 LongHaul

Duff44

Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:35 am

Quoting Legoguy (Reply 45):
maybe if it rains.....

Forecast I just saw for MXP : 26ºC/78ºF and sunny
I'll rassle ya for a bowl of bacon!

legoguy

Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:36 am

Quoting DAL767400ER (Reply 46):

Hahahahaha

Quoting HKGKaiTak (Reply 47):
Anyone else rememeber the Michelin saga in 2003 pre-Monza?

What happened? I gotta admit, I wasn't really into Formula One as much then.

That reminds me, the fact that the track was resurfaced in some places seems to have caught everybody out. If Ferrari did not have it their way today at one of their home grandprix's, what does this spell for them in the final three races!?!?!

P.S I don't hate Schumcaher, although I hate Ferrari and their tactics.