NWOrientDC10
Topic Author

Downloading Shared Music...

Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:47 pm

I have mixed feelings about downloading Shared Music. Be that as it may, I just paid $40 or so to "Frostwire" to get songs I like. I used "Kazaa" before but it caused problems on my hard drive. The reason I mentioned I have "mixed feelings" is due to the moral/legal consequences of downloaing songs which I enjoy. I paid for this website so I guess it's ok.

Any thoughts?

Russell
Things aren't always as they seem

MYT332

RE: Downloading Shared Music...

Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:52 pm

Quoting NWOrientDC10 (Thread starter):
Any thoughts?

Sod them?
One Life, Live it.

RichardPrice

Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:00 pm

You got ripped off, what you purchased was illegal copies - Frostwire is a p2p application with no rights to distribute.

If you are going to spend money on illegal copies, at least use allofmp3.com where you can choose from a huge catalog, choose precisely what format and quality you want, and pay by the megabyte rather than by the song.

NWOrientDC10
Topic Author

Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:46 pm

Quoting RichardPrice (Reply 2):
You got ripped off, what you purchased was illegal copies - Frostwire is a p2p application with no rights to distribute.

If you are going to spend money on illegal copies, at least use allofmp3.com where you can choose from a huge catalog, choose precisely what format and quality you want, and pay by the megabyte rather than by the song.

Wow! I had no idea. AOL offered something similar, oh well. Not the first time I got ripped off.

Russell
Things aren't always as they seem