rjpieces

Bush In NYC Tomorrow Night--Where's He Staying?

Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:10 am

Apparantly President Bush will be in NYC tomorrow (Sunday) and remain the night for the Ground Zero ceremony on Monday morning. I'm just wondering what hotel he is staying at, as I don't think Bush even stayed the night during the Republican Convention in 2004....Anyhow, it will be one heck of a traffic jam!
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon"

Jetsgo

RE: Bush In NYC Tomorrow Night--Where's He Staying

Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:14 am

Quoting RJpieces (Thread starter):
Anyhow, it will be one heck of a traffic jam!

Not that that place already is! I too wonder where he will stay. How will they secure the hotel. Does the secret service occupy all surrounding rooms? Is the glass made bullet resistant, and so on?

If you think about all the required security measures, maybe be will just stay at a local base and fly in via helicopter...

Chris
Marine Corps Aviation, The Last To Let You Down!

AeroWesty

RE: Bush In NYC Tomorrow Night--Where's He Staying?

Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:29 am

In September 2005 Bush stayed at the Waldorf, so I suspect that's where he will stay again. The Secret Service invests in an enormous amount of infrastructure in hotels across the U.S. to make it easy to have them setup security and communications for a presidential visit on a moment's notice. I've seen it done, and what they can do within a few hours is amazing.
International Homo of Mystery

TPAnx

Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:59 am

TV show I saw (Discovery?) showed a secret undergound entrance to the
Waldorf, used by FDR. It allowed him, and his limo to arrive by train..and the limo went up an elevator to ground level. Doubt that "W" will be doing that..
TPAnx

[Edited 2006-09-10 00:00:00]
I read the news today..oh boy

davestanKSAN

Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:08 am

with Hillary.

That's not to joke about the reason he's in NYC though.

Dave
Yesterday we've sinned, today we move towards God. Touch the sky....love and respect...Safe Star!

nycflyer

Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:03 pm

Presidents almost always stay at the Waldorf in NY